Time spent 4 hours, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
59 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by zoocyte

by kirill

Kalon #295 - Winners Announced (page 7)

Postby kirill » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
    have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
    Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
    Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

| uncommon ;; custom pupil |

My first Kalon as an artist!! I'm super excited to make more designs for you guys :'D

For this competition, tell me about the flowers!! Why does the Kalon wear them? How did they get them in the first place? Do they have personal meaning? You can choose to answer any/all of those questions or make up your own! The goal is to show some aspect of the character's history or personality through the explanation.
I'll also allow one optional art extra! I'll mainly be judging off the creativity and character of the explanation, though.

Code: Select all
username ;;
name ;;
gender ;;
explanation ;;
art ;; (1 piece max, optional)

This will end on July 10th at 11:59 pm EST!!
Last edited by kirill on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
xImage
| dA | youtube | comms | | |
---
kirill///they/them///i used to be katstiel
---
i'm not active anymore, find me on other social medias as @kirilldraws
---

| art credit ;; | photo | avatar & art | pixels

ImageImage
kirill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #295

Postby Valenrhyme » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:32 pm

username ;;
name ;;
gender ;;
explanation ;;
My Charahub. Feel free to draw any of the characters on there!

Zvers
Caelum + Emberlynn

Kalons
Kyrenia + Chrysoara + Tseten

Flight Rising + Subeta
Valenrhyme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonGlitch » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:32 pm

resss
DragonGlitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jayus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:33 pm

marks aaa
jayus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seijuu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:33 pm

my gentle heart can not handle
Last edited by seijuu on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
seijuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby suds » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:34 pm

rES W BECAUSE SHE LIKES TO HAND THEM OUT 2 PPL,,,,,
      also her grandmomma said she looked nice in them!!
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caesou » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:35 pm

username ;;
    crystals.

name ;;
    Belle

gender ;;
    Female

explanation ;;
    Belle suffers from anxiety, and still does. She usually gets a panic attack at least once a week, which makes her life more of a nightmare at times. During the attacks, Belle has difficulty breathing, and her breathing patterns can become irregular. Dizziness, blurriness and even nauseousness can come if it gets bad enough. It's a hell for her each time it comes, and it lasts for about 20 to 30 minutes.
    However, Belle has a love for roses, and the thought of roses calms her down so much, it could even become therapy for her. Roses remind Belle that happiness is out there, and that not the entire world is full of bad things all the time. Belle has made it a habit to wear roses every day as early as in the middle of high school. It first started from wearing a little rose near her ear to wearing a small rose crown on her head, and two trails of roses on her back and tail. While Belle's anxiety hasn't gotten worse, and has actually gotten a tiny bit better, she feels the need to be more secure of herself. All the roses do is lower the side effects Belle suffers during an attack, but that's enough to keep Belle feeling much more better than before.
Last edited by caesou on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
caesou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tealea » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:42 pm

username ;; Tealea
name ;; Rosie
gender ;; Female
explanation ;;

As a child, Rosie has never had someone showed her they care. She lives in a village for abandoned Kalons but it is nowhere close to a family. They gather food and make things so every one could survive. There isn't much action going on and every one has a role to fulfill. Rosie is responsible for harvesting berries. One day she stumbled into the wrong forest but it was actually the best decision of her life and why she wears these roses.
The path she always takes was flooded with water from the previous day so she decided to take an alternate route. This route, however, did not lead her to the village forest but Orion's forest. Other Kalons have talked about this forest and how dangerous and wicked it is. Rosie has heard these rumors but did not think they were true. She continued on to what she believed was the forest she always goes to. Something was unfamiliar about this forest but she assumed she just entered through a different way. As she walked through the forest, there were a lot of new berries. She was tempted to take one but she was taught to only collect one type of berry. Then, she saw him, Orion.

He stood there, boldly. All around him was beauty. The plants bloomed and rays of light broke through the trees onto him. Rosie stood there in awe. He walked over to her and she just stood there. Some thing about him felt familiar to her. He stopped and then turned and walked away. Rosie was sad to see him leave but she did not chase after him. A part of her started to think of the rumors she's heard of him. She stayed there and admired the scenery that followed Orion until it disappeared. She picked up her basket and began to leave when all of a sudden Orion appeared in front of her with a beautiful rose. He placed it gently on her head and gave her the gentlest smile. She smiled back and then they both parted ways.

The next time she was sent to harvest, she made a detour to Orion's forest. He placed another rose on her and they exchanged a few words. Rosie continues to visit him and every time she does he places a rose on her. The more she visits him the longer their conversations become. Orion is the only Kalon who has ever shown her what it's like to be cared for. She admires every rose he has given her and she remembers every visit and conversation connected to each rose.
Last edited by Tealea on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
pixel by -wanheda- and avatar by nightjar
commissions closed
Tealea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:43 pm

username ;; Jishokoi
name ;; Thalia
gender ;; Female
explanation ;; Even though Thalia's paper roses are quite pretty and go quite well with her coat, her reason for wearing them has nothing to do with aesthetic. Ever since she was a kit, Thalia has been quite imbalanced, both emotionally and physically. She has suffered through ordeals of many kinds that shows this imbalance, from tripping frequently to various mood swings throughout the day. It is unclear if these incidents are caused by more than just being clumsy and emotional, but Thalia is determined to change that. As a reminder to herself, she wears these paper roses to not only reassure her that she is beautiful even if she has her faults, for "a rose with any other name is just as sweet", but also to remind her to stay strong to her goal and to keep trying her best. In tarot, the rose is a symbol of balance, and expresses hope, new beginnings, and promise.
art ;; <--
Last edited by Rabbit on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby migraine » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:43 pm

username ;; migraine
name ;; Hyssop
gender ;; female

explanation ;; Hyssop considers herself a master gardener. After many years of trying, she has developed the rarest of flowers -- the blue rose. Her dream is to see these strange plants populate the entire world, so she travels from place to place with budding blooms in her fur, planting them as she goes. She has managed to cultivate roses not only in her own fur, but in extreme climates, from remote arctic villages to bustling desert cities.

Last edited by migraine on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
migraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me