Kalon #259 // Pale Leaves by clouds-move-on

Based on Click to view
Artist clouds-move-on [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kalon #259 // Pale Leaves

Postby clouds-move-on » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:55 pm

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

Vaguely based off of a color pallet suggestion from a past contest. c:
Write a story about a camping trip they had! Give me a glimpse of them struggling to survive in the wilds!
... Or just freaking out by the fire eating marshmallows.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Camping Story:[/b]

Forms close on the top of page 2, and then all entrants will have until tomorrow, this time, to finish.
No word limit! But don't add extras and don't have it just be a sentence, please. Keep it short, but not too short. c:
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #259 // Pale Leaves

Postby ぽうひ » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Username:
Name:
Res
hiiiii call me pouhi
any prns
Image <- click for my   page
mostly just here for forums + oekaki

ImageImageImageImageImage

v say hi to my rhat army v

ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
ぽうひ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby r.ddler » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Username: Kaarin
Name: Alex
Camping Story: "Oh gosh, it was a night like no other, monsters, deadly shrubbery, and toiling neighbors sticking their snooty noses in other people's business.", the pale kalon blushed in frustration as he continued to speak,"On that fateful night, Reggie even soiled himself!". The kalon exclaimed, arms high above his head in enthusiasm. The pale ghost of a boy hunched over before continuing,"It was a dark night, marshmallows nestled on the grill above the fire, toasty and cozy. Not a trouble was apparent to the camp of children. The parents softly sleeping in the house upstairs, as the werewolves and vampires began to swarm. Us kids, we protected the house. We didn't really get a good look at any of 'em. But they were scary, and we all were scared... and that's about it. Sorry, I'm super bad at story telling. I bet Reggie could tell it better.", the kalon frowned and looked down.

claiming a spot <3
Last edited by r.ddler on Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
r.ddler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doglover947 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Username: doglover947
Name: Geist {Gist}
Camping Story:
Hi, I'm doglover947.
Yes, I am a Christian,
and I believe in Jesus
Christ with my full
heart. If you'd like to
chat just shoot me a
pm. c:
design by Wafflez2

doglover947

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imp. » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Username:
Name:
imp.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbow; » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Username: dum shibe
Name: josh
Camping Story:
Josh sighed softly as he padded up softly up a hill. He looked over at his friend, Matt, who’s dark fur was almost invisible in the night, and huffed. Matt was trotting along, a grin on his face.
“C’mon Josh! You’ll love this- I know you will.” Matt looked back at him, his tail held up high and gently swaying back and forth.
“You know I hate camping, right? I don’t want to get bit by any bugs- why are you dragging me up here anyway!?” Josh growled softly, stomping on a mosquito and shaking his paw, wiping it clean in the grass with a disgusted look on his face.
Matt huffed and turned, trotting behind Josh and shoving him forward with his muzzle. “Just open your eyes and look!” Matt said, pushing him forward a couple more inches so he was standing on the top of the hill.
“You must be kidding m-“ Josh froze, looking up at the sky. Many colours were dancing through it, purples, greens, blues, everything. He gasped softly, slowly sitting down on the ground. The grass that had been a burden to him a moment ago was soft now, gently swishing in the wind and producing a gentle sound to go with it, something he hadn’t quite appreciated until that moment. The stars were sparkling behind the colours, turning them pastel shades and lighting up the sky.
“I told you you’d love it.” Matt sat next to him, grinning. Josh snorted and glanced down at him before looking back up at the sky, his gaze sweeping across it and taking in everything. He believed that the stripes dancing through the sky were called the northern lights, something he had seen in pictures but had never seen in person.
For once, he felt at peace among the grass and trees, sitting next to his best friend and just watching the stars.
Last edited by rainbow; on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

xxxℝ𝔸𝕀ℕ𝕊

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hey! i'm rainbow;, but you can
call me coda! i like to draw, sing
and rp and i'm trying to collect
every pet in the game!

th - carrd - dA - ©

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

𝕒𝕘𝕠𝕣𝕒𝕡𝕙𝕠𝕓𝕚𝕔

rainbow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kara Danvers » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Dropping out, good luck to all
Last edited by Kara Danvers on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WAY MANY TIMES

S U P E R G I R L

THERE IS NO CORRECT
PATH IN LIFE
BRAVE GIRL YOU
ALWAYS WERE

WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS THAT YOU FIND YOUR WAY BACK TO THE
Kara Danvers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corviidae » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:15 pm

dropping out, somehow got two kalons in one night ;A;' don't want to be greedy
Last edited by corviidae on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ sarsaparilla・truffle・spider・ladybug ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HellyBoo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:16 pm

Username: HellyBoo
Name: Shaikara
Camping Story: "Well my worst camping story wasn't an intentional camping trip. We were actually only planning a day trip, My uncle and I are heavy Off-road enthusiasts, owning our big heavy decked out four-wheel-drives, lifted and hug mud tires... Mmm... Absolute heaven. We love to get all muddy and adore the setting. Well one day while we were out having the fun us off-roadies have, bashing down some muddy trails, kicking the dirt up and putting out paws to the floor, when my Uncle ran his truck off the road and into a tree... Idget I call him, how does he just run into a tree.. So we called the tow company and No one was able to get out to rescue him, It was so annoying but it happened. I suggested I take him back in my truck but he refused to leave 'bettie' behind. Bettie is his cars name. 'Better than yours will ever be, hey bettie,' He use to say to me." -Laughs softly- "Oh anyway, I then suggested that I go back and get my tent, that way we could camp out next to Bettie until we could get back together the next day. He agreed to my suggestion so I took off and grabbed the stuff... Except someone had lost the tent, It was just gone. Dog Bam It."

"I ended up just grabbing out 2 foam matresses and a few pillows and blankets. I shoved the stuff into my truck and off I went. On the way home I found this small corner shop there I got us some marshmallows and a few wooden skewer sticks where I then left and kept driving... Until my stupid truck decided that it didn't like life anymore. It was just getting dark and I hated the nighttime. So I grabbed hold of all the stuff and started walking. I was shivering, despite carrying 2 blankets and struggling to hold everything in my hand. My phone was dead flat and my Uncle was probably freaking out at this point, but I kept walking."

"I found my way back to my uncle, a good 3 hours later and dropped the stuff on the floor off to one side where he gasped and mumbled some stuff. At that point I lost it, 'I've just dropped our bedding in what?' Turns out that natures call desired him to use THAT exact tree. I began to sob a little as I fell onto the muddy ground and folded my arms, giving up on life as my Uncle laughed at me. To me, it was the worst day of my life but I mean, we had fun, after I had a big tantrum and pulled the now flattered marshmallows from my pocket. My uncle pulled out his car lighter and we roasted marshmallows over a small lighter. How the heck did we ever survive."

"I know its not really a planned camping trip but it ended up as a horrible night where I was lucky to survive. Like really, I may be a Muddy at heart. But my fur does not deal well sleeping in said mud. Was really yuck. I hated camping after that. My uncle told me to grow up but I just shushed him and curled into my little ball, rocks and sticks digging into me. Maybe a urine soaked matress was a better idea." -violent shiver- "No. Mud and stick and rocks is definitely better. Last time I agreed to stay is Stupid old Bettie. She didn't even help us! Stupid Bettie." -Glares slightly at nothing-

"But I survived. We ate out butt squished marshmallows and curled up together to get warm, and I suppose it was nice to spend time with my Uncle but I really hoped to be warm in my car, bashing through the forestry not sleeping in mud. Next time, I'm insisting to carry the camp stuff with us all the time. I'm never struggling with this nonsense again."
Last edited by HellyBoo on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Username: TILL ALL ARE ONE
Name: Nickolaus {German form of Nicholas; "victory of the people"}
Camping Story:
ideas are circling eeee i think i got one tho

WW"No. No we're not doing that."
    WW"Whaat? Why not?"
    WW"We are not sitting around and telling ghost stories like a bunch of kits."
    WW"Ghost stories are a tradition, not a kid's game, Winston."
    WWThe spotted purple kalon scowled, poking his marshmallow prong into the stone fire pit. A flurry of sparks spiraled into the humid air, glowing sharply against the black night sky. "Yeah...a childish tradition."
    WWA small, indignant meow echoed from the tiny calico cat curled against the side of a green-and-white kalon, who laughed at the cat's reaction. "Why does that matter? It's still fun. So long as it's fun, it works for me."
    WWMazie's nose scrunched as she squinted at Winston. "I agree. And I know Nickolaus does, because he's the one who suggested it."
    WWSilver flashed in the firelight as a minty tail swept across the moist, crumbly ground, whisking a few dead leaves towards the firewood pile. Nickolaus smiled breezily, his eyes alight with mirth. "You aren't scared now, are you, Winston?"
    WWWinston set his marshmallow prong down roughly, lifting a glare towards the smirking kalon. The flickering shadows cast by the flames set an almost sinister tone to his expression, though Nickolaus wasn't frightened in the slightest.
    WW"I am no such thing! In fact that is precisely why I detest ghost stories. They're always terrible. Never are they ever good enough to even cause a chill. Everyone knows that! Is it not bad enough that you all dragged me out here? Now you have to torture me with bad stories about white bedsheets and creaky doors?"
    WWMazie giggled, rocking back and forth on her tail in the fine dirt. "That's not how they work!"
    WW"Indeed, Mazie," Nickolaus hummed. His soft German accent thickened slightly as he lowered his pitch, tilting his head slightly. "They're an art. And a particularly difficult one, at that. That's probably why you don't like them; you've never been in the presence of a master--such as myself."
    WWWinston scoffed, a smirk rising to his face as he cocked an eyebrow. "Oh really now? That's my problem? Not simply 'I don't like ghost stories because they're always dumb'?"
    WWNickolaus nodded matter-of-factly, raising a large stick with a blackened tip as he did so. He prodded a stray log into the core of the dancing flames, ears twitching as his sensitive hearing picked up the faint hisses of gas escaping pockets of sap. The movement caused another spray of sparks, and Riskie's tail flicked nervously from her spot next to Eitan. The stick, now smoking, was laid aside in a scraggly patch of baby grass.
    WWThe four kalons were quiet as Nickolaus sat up, slowly drawing himself upright. His stance took on a regal quality, and Mazie, catching the que, rolled from her side to her belly, her tail swirling excitedly as she propped her head on her elbows. Winston sent her a confused scowl.
    WWNickolaus' grave expression remained firm as he studied each one of them thoughtfully. Eitan cocked his head to the side when Nickolaus' stare passed over him, meeting his gaze with raised eyebrows.
    WW"I've always had a select few stories that I most like to relate. One of them is gory. Blood, guts, vicious, brutal acts, geared on adrenaline and quick thinking. One of them is exciting, full of action and adventure hung on a spine built from fear."
    WWWinston's eyebrows had drawn down across his forehead, eyes trained on Nickolaus' intently. Mazie lay quivering with excitement and rising goosebumps, tail still wavering happily. Eitan was still but for one paw, stroking the drowsy Riskie whom was sprawled in front of his chest.
    WW"But my favorite one to tell is the more mysterious of the three, one that I cannot even say for myself I know the answer to..."
    WWNickolaus' eyes were intense, his expression demanding attention as much as it captivated it. He immersed himself into his own haunting words, animated gestures accompanying every scene, full of life and exuberance. The three listeners were enraptured in the fantastical yet believable story, their fur rising as they drew in closer to themselves subconsciously. What could have been minutes, what could have been hours passed as he related his tale.
    WWHis voice faded and silence fell. Crickets and the crackling fire were the only audible sounds. Mazie was hugging her tail, a shade paler than she had been, and Riskie was no longer drowsy, instead curled up in between Eitan's stiff paws.
    WWNickolaus spared a nonchalant glance towards Winston, feigning disinterest as he gauged his appearance.
    WWHe was pleased to note the violet kalon's pallid demeanor and flexed toes, muscles rigid and tail curled tightly around his front legs. He masked his glee swiftly, opening his mouth to speak.
    WWA sharp pop echoed from the fire, and all five present jumped badly. Riskie flew to her paws and darted behind Eitan with an alarmed hiss as Mazie squeaked, eyes wide, and Winston gave a sharp, short yell.
    WWNickolaus made a valiant attempt to recover his previous air, but the tension was broken, and after a moment Eitan started laughing. He was joined quickly by his fellow campers, and their campsite erupted into raucous hysterics.
    WWNickolaus was the first to cool down, and his whiskers twitched as he flashed a saccharine smile towards his fellows. "Anyone want to go next?"
    WWMazie shook her head furiously. "No way! That was amazing, Nikolaus! You're a brilliant storyteller!"
    WWNikolaus grinned despite himself. "Thanks, Mazie."
    WWFrom his lax position on the opposite side of the fire, Eitan quipped, "A solid ten out of ten."
    WWSimultaneously, they all turned to face Winston.
    WWHe flushed, blotting out the violet in his cheeks as he burst out, "OKAY, okay, fine, you win! That was a good ghost story. Nice job, Nick."
    WWNickolaus' smile faltered. "Don't...don't call me that. Thank you, however. I quite enjoyed myself."
    WWEitan hummed agreeably, throwing on a fake accent as he pressed his lips and declared, "A fine show indeed! Splendid job, my dear old chap!"
    WWNickolaus beamed, rocking back in his haunches in pride as Winston sighed and leaned back. "Well, I'm gonna cook me one last marshmallow before I head off to bed, or whatever you call a giant rustly sock in a hollow fabric triangle in the middle of the woods. Anyone want another?"
    WWMazie gave him a disappointed look. "It's called roasting, Winston, not cooking."
    WWA quiet "me please" came from Eitan as Winston shrugged, digging around in the marshmallow bag. "Cook, roast, same thing. The only difference is one is on a stick."
    WWMazie frowned, even as he passed her two marshmallows. "Nooo, there's a lot of differences. There's more to roasting marshmallows than a stick."
    WWShe leaned around the fire pit to stretch out Nickolaus' marshmallow, which he reached forward to take as Eitan caught his two and handed one to Riskie. "No, no, not really. There's hardly a difference."
    WWMazie made an injured noise, and as they began to squabble, Nikolaus looked across the snapping fire and caught Eitan's eye. A matching pair of slow grins rose on their faces as Riskie hopped onto Eitan's head, meowing as she played with her marshmallow.
    WWThe thin column of smoke trailing from the small clearing in the woods remained until dawn.
Last edited by G1 Sunstreaker on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me