Time spent 1 hour, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sima NB#266- Summer Orphan -winner(s)

Postby corviidae » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:48 pm

decided to make this little cutie to kick off Summer ;v;<3

Dove (c) me || art (c) grumpy smol
You hear the sound of a walking stick tapping against the ground as a middle aged Sima approached you, milky silver eyes seeming to fixate on you despite being unable to see. Trotting behind her, you see a small orphan, with eyes full of soul, eager and curious about you- the newcomer.
Smiling warmly at you, the manager of the orphanage spoke with a voice laced with no malice. " Why, hello there! We found this little child at our doorstep, do you want to take him/her home?"

Guidelines wrote:- No reusing old forms word for word. While using the old concept is alright, I don't want to see an old one completely copied with no changes to it ;v;'

- Unlike my previous orphan contest, this one doesn't require a partner and is, hopefully, simpler.

- Anybody can try out, but if anyone I know is going to try, I'll be hiring guest judges to prevent bias.

- This adopt requires parents!

- Not an impress me like the last one. no off website forms permitted, off thread is ok

- I'd like to see an interview with the parent(s)! that's right, your sima doesn't have to be mated to take the small child in<3

- any questions, post here or pm me

prettying up is fine, no more extras than what I give you. (likes & dislikes count as 1 extra, art is 1 extra, but unlimited in pieces)
(all of these fields are required)
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Sima's Name:[/b]

[b]Sima's Gender:[/b]

[b]Sima's Age:[/b]

[b]Adoptive parent(s):[/b]

[b]What's this little fella's favorite activity in Summer?[/b]

[b]Interview with the parents:[/b] (example: Dove; -asks question- & Parent: -answers question- in their own words!)

[b]Relationship with parents/family:[/b]

[b]Extra/s:[/b] (limit of 5 extras, word count unlimited but pls don't give me huge walls & space things well)

FAQ wrote:Can we have hex codes for art if we draw anything?
eyes;; #7699b5
body;;
#f4f2f3
#f4e8e8
#ec9ba4
#73595c

Is the sun marking on one side of the body or both?
i planned to have it only on one side, but i give you guys the freedom to decide whether or not to have it on both sides if you plan to do art. whoever wins them, i can edit the other side if you choose for it to be on just this side of their body.

What is Dove like?
Dove was born blind and has learned to deal with it, and no longer considers it a burden. She likes to read through braille and, as she grew up, she started to find that she thoroughly enjoys interacting with children. That being said, she went to college and took on part time jobs as a babysitter to get used to kids. Well, here she is now.
She willingly takes in any orphaned sima and other little ones abandoned by their parents with open arms, and loves where she works and all of the children. Her brother, Jet, helps out as well as several other simas. However, she is stern when she needs to be and is generally respected and appreciated by the children. She's extremely motherly as well, and enjoys listening to them all do their favorite things.

End date one month from now. July 27th 12:00AM PST
extension requests not allowed until it gets close to the deadline
Last edited by corviidae on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ sarsaparilla・truffle・spider・ladybug ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sima NB#266- Summer Orphan - OPEN

Postby wucaian » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:52 pm

I love this bab! I want to enter, will try to get a form together at some point!

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Username:
☁Lady Raincloud☁

Sima's Name:

Sima's Gender:
Female

Sima's Age:
5 yrs

Adoptive parent(s):
[url]Don[/url]x[url]Fio[/url]

What's this little fella's favorite activity in Summer?

Interview with the parents: (example: Dove; -asks question- & Parent: -answers question- in their own words!)

Relationship with parents/family:

Extra/s: (limit of 5 extras, word count unlimited but pls don't give me huge walls & space things well)
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hoglolly » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Username: hoglolly

Sima's Name:

Sima's Gender: Female

Sima's Age: Small child // human equivalent around 5 or 6 years

Adoptive parent(s): Going to be using Effy

Interview with the parents: (example: Dove; -asks question- & Parent: -answers question- in their own words!)

Extra/s: (limit of 5 extras, word count unlimited but pls don't give me huge walls & space things well)

WIP
- - - - ♡ - - - - - - - - - ♡ - - - - - - - - - ♡ - - - - - - - - - ♡ - - - - - - - - - ♡ - - - - -
Wermz Simas Toyhouse
hoglolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairy king » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Username: Fairy King
    Sima's Name: Daisy
    Sima's Gender: Female [dmab]
    Sima's Age: 5
    Adoptive parent(s): Eloise and Fenris

Daisy's favorite thing to do in Summer is catch bugs, especially the pretty ones. She's got a particular fascination for butterflies, lightning bugs, and lady bugs, but if its bright and colorful, she'll most likely want to catch it. Her and Eloise have a butterfly garden to attract all the bright bugs they can, and they'll sit out in the garden for hours at a time, watching for some pretty bugs to catch and play with. She doesn't like to hurt the bugs, and she always releases them, but she loves to catch them in glass jars and look at them for awhile, before letting them go and doing it all over again.

Personality:

Daisy is a playful little girl, who'll never turn down an offer to play a fun game. She's always running around and having fun, whether its by playing pretend, going on an adventure, or some fun mix of the two. She'll try almost any game, and she always loves to learn new ones because it gives her more options when she's bored. Aside from different types of childish games, Daisy loves to be outside and do things in nature. She loves to explore forests, catch bugs, and garden. Her favorite types of plants are the bright flowers that attract her favorite types of bugs; bright butterflies! She could take hours just to run around and catch bugs. As for her traits and what she's like, above all else, Daisy is kind and enthusiastic. She thinks positively, and she always tries to make others see the brighter side of things, too. She always says that the world is such a great place, all you have to do is look at it in the right light. Of course, she's sad sometimes, and she knows that her good moments are as good as they are, because she knows what it feels like to not feel quite as great. But nobody can go through life without feeling sad or angry. She sees wonder in such simple things, like bugs and flowers, and she tries to share that joy with others. Her enthusiasm is contagious; not many people can stay sad when she's around, because she's always so good at finding the right way to cheer people up. However, she tends to get bored very easily, and she can get slightly annoying when she's bored. She has a need to be entertained almost all the time, and she has a hard time sitting still for long periods of time.

Interview with the parents:

Dove;; Why do you want to adopt this child?

Eloise;; "I need to do something good with my life, and to have someone that I'd give the world to. I have so many things, but no one to share them with, and it's time that I find myself someone to shower in gifts and attention. I want a child, I want someone to take care of, and I know that there are so many children who need exactly what I wish to give."

Fenris;; "When I fell in love with Eloise, Daisy was just part of the package. Basically you can't have one without the other since the two are practically inseparable, not that I would want to do that in the first palace so don't take it like that. When I see how much El loves and cares about Daisy I can't help but feel the same. Honestly without her our little family would be incomplete."

Dove;; Do you have a safe home environment for them?

Eloise;; "Oh, absolutely. I know that it's important to give children a safe and loving environment, and that's exactly what I'll be giving her. I have a large home in a friendly gated neighborhood, with lots of nice children down the street. She'll have all the toys she could want, but nothing that doesn't seem suited for children, and I'll watch her and play with her, and make sure she's always cared for and protected."

Fenris;; *scratches head* "Well I was living in an apartment...well more like a bachelor pad before I met El. My place was a little ruff so when El and I became mates I moved in with her. Her place is more than perfect to raise a kit! Although I really struggle with all the child safety stuff sometimes...like when I need to charge my phone and can't get the dumb safety things out of the socket!"

Dove;; Do you have any pets, and how would they behave with kids if you do?

Eloise;; "I have a few fish, and a cat named Marie. Marie is friendly and lazy, and she likes to be pet and played with. She never scratches anyone, she's fairly quiet unless she's hungry, and the only time she'd ever hurt someone is on accident, which rarely ever happens. The fish are all small and keep to themselves; they aren't even capable of doing anything to hurt someone, and the tanks are all up high with lids on top, so there's no way Daisy would get into them on accident."

Fenris;; "Other than El's pets I don't have any."

Dove;; Have you had experience with raising a child?

Eloise;; "Um... not exactly. I've been a babysitter before, so I know how to take care of children, but I've never had any of my own. I've always been great with children, though, and I've read up on lots of things, in case of emergencies."

Fenris;; "Christina is like my little sister and hangs around with me all the time. We do a lot of stuff together although I think I'm kind of the troublesome big brother that takes her to do all kinds of fun stuff that her parents might freak out about. In all honesty I think she's taught me a lot not only about kits but life in general. She's a good girl."

Dove;; How would you handle a situation where the child is throwing a tantrum?

Eloise;; "I would do my best to get her to calm down and, depending on what she's crying over, I'd try to fix the problem. If she's throwing a tantrum just for the sake of doing it, I'd make sure she knows that she's been bad, but I don't believe in physical punishments. I'd make her go to time out, or take a toy away for a few hours, but never anything beyond that."

Fenris;; *Tenses up a bit* "I really don't like being the bad guy. I want to be the cool parent ya know? El tends to take control of these situations. My solution is to give the kit whatever they want so they're happy again."

Dove;; How will you teach the child important qualities like respectfulness?

Eloise;; "First, I'd teach her with actions. I will always be the best I can, and hopefully she'll want to grow up to be just like Mommy. But I will also tell her when she's done something wrong, and reward her for good behavior. When she's old enough, I'll teach her responsibility by making her clean up after her own games, and giving her a small pet to take care of, provided that she wants one, of course. I will teach her that she has to work for the things she wants, by making her do small things for the toys she wants, like completing her chores or being well behaved for a certain amount of time."

Fenris;; "I guess the best place to start would be by teaching them manners like please and thank you just stuff like that. I think if you practice manners with them while they're young and really stress how important they are it should be fine right?"

Dove;; How will you deal with any allergies or illnesses that the child may have?

Eloise;; "Oh, I'm not too worried about any health issues. Of course, I'd never want her to be sick, but I know that no matter what happens, we'll be able to get through it. Allergies will be fairly easy to avoid, and if they're bad enough to need an epi, I'll stash one in every room in the house, and I'll never leave home without one. Money is not an obstacle, so no matter what health issues we may come across, I'll spare no expenses in order to get her better. I'll do everything I can to keep her happy and healthy."

Fenris;; "Hospital" *nods assuredly* "yep hospital. After that just avoid the allergy at all costs!"

Dove;; What are your feelings about the trans community, and how will you help this girl through her transition?

Eloise;; "I think she's beautiful and brave, and I'll always love her the way that she is. I believe that anyone who thinks otherwise is just ignorant, and I can say for sure that they've never been touched by someone within the community, because if they had, there would be no way that they'd think the way they do. As for helping her with her transition, I'd really just be there for her, and give her everything she may need to help her out."

Fenris;; "Honestly I don't know a lot about it. I mean I know the basics but not a lot. Despite my lack of knowledge I'm still supportive. I think you should do what you feel is right and makes you happy. I think the best thing I can do is be supportive and show that I love Daisy no matter what."

Eloise [Mother] - Eloise is Daisy's favorite person in the entire world. In Daisy's eyes, Eloise couldn't be more perfect; she's her mom, the one who protects her, comforts her, scares away the monsters, tucks her in at night, and all the things that mothers do. She's the best thing that's ever happened to Daisy, and Eloise would say that the reverse is true as well. These two are attached at the hip, they do everything together, and they couldn't be happier than when they're together. Daisy and Eloise are dependent on each other. Eloise adopted Daisy because she was lonely, she wanted a daughter to take care of, someone who'd warm her heart and keep her company. Daughters are very good at that, especially ones as adorable and sweet as Daisy. c: And Daisy needed a mother, someone to take care of her and play games with her and keep her company. Mothers are especially good at that, it seems. XD When Daisy and Eloise are together, [which is basically all the time] they're constantly smiling or giggling, or having fun in one way or another. They love each other more than anything else in the world, and nothing will ever change that.

Fenris [Father] - Fenris came into Daisy's life after Eloise did. Daisy and her mother lived together on their own for awhile before either of them even knew Fenris. But then he came along and they both grew to love him. He's a wonderful father, and he loves lots of the same things as Daisy. He'll play lots of fun games with her, teach her about plants and animals, take her on walks through the forest, and help her catch bugs. He cares about her and takes care of her, but he's also fun and playful. At first, Daisy was afraid that he'd take Eloise's attention away from her, she was worried that things wouldn't be the same. And things did change, but Daisy learned that is was for the better. Now she has two people who love her and take care of her, and she loves them both very much. Though she does occasionally still get jealous when Fenris catches Eloise's attention for longer than she would like. XD

Relationships with Friends:

Christina;; Christina came into Daisy's life when Fenris did, and she's sort of like a sister to her. At first, Daisy was wary of her, because she didn't want another kit around like part of the family to take away her mother's attention, and Christina was slow to open up to her. But Daisy warmed up to her eventually, and Christina opened up, and now her and Christina are very good friends. They both enjoy playing outside and, though Christina likes doing more competitive things than Daisy, they find lots of things to do together.

Cress;; Cress lives down the street from Daisy, and she was the first one to welcome her to the neighborhood when she first moved in. Cress will hang outside with Daisy and watch the butterflies sometimes, but mostly they like to dance and play dress up together. Cress doesn't like bugs as much as Daisy does, and she doesn't like to let any bugs touch her, but they bond over other, more girly things. They mostly do things indoors, and they love to have sleepovers together.

Micah;; Micah is more outgoing than any of Daisy's other friends. He brings more perkiness to her life, and makes her giggle. He's sassy and full of personality, and she knows she can always trust him and come to him when she's hurt. They do basically everything together, and she's even content with just sitting around and talking with him. She gets annoyed with his sarcasm sometimes, but she deals with it, because she likes him enough to put up with it. XD

Daisy & Micah - by Ember the Wolf
Last edited by fairy king on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
fairy king

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Marking

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZC. » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Username:
Iwanko

Sima's Name:
Felix Wilfred

Sima's Gender:
Male

Sima's Age:
young child, equivalent of around 10 or so, mature for his age

Adoptive parent(s):
Hayase and Seiren

Why, playing outside, of course! Felix loves all things outdoors. On occasion, he'll even try to sneak out to go on a nature walk by himself - however, he's not the sneakiest Sima out there.

Interview with the parents:
Dove;

Hayase;
wip

Seiren;
wip
Last edited by ZC. on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marshall / Zir-Con / Mod Owl / He/Him or They/Them / Trans FtM
I used to be Erbynn!!
ZC.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corviidae » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:03 pm

btw-- the sun marking on their front leg. i planned to have it only on one side, but i give you guys the freedom to decide whether or not to have it on both sides if you plan to do art.

whoever wins them, i can edit the other side if you choose for it to be on just this side of their body.

edit;; tomorrow morning, if i'm awake in time i can edit in some info about Dove for you guys.

edit 2;; added stuff!
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ sarsaparilla・truffle・spider・ladybug ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae