Based on Click to view
Artist foxxbreath [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

BK | #214 | Open

Postby foxxbreath » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:11 pm

[left][list][list]The first of the "Winter Wonderland" Huskies!
im still practicing my agouti ahaaa

More Info HERE

This babe will be a writing contest <3
(I'll add the harness momentarily)

- May not be main team leader; they're being adopted out in the link above
- you must be flexible with their position on the team, as there's 3 other members along with te leader to be adopted out

Username: ✧ 浮気者 ✧
Show Name: Little Dog of Winter
Call Name: Qannik
Sex: Male
Mate: -
Eye color: Icie Blue
Collar Color: ""
Phenotype: Liver Agouti w/ Irish
Genotype: KK/bb/DD/awaw/EE/gg/sisi/tt/mm/Xx/ZZ/Yy/vv
Parent: foundation
Last edited by foxxbreath on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BK | #214 | Open

Postby _CoffeeBean_ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:14 pm

↠↠If You Want To Live A Happy Life Tie Yourself To A Goal, Not A Person Or Thing↞↞

WC is 1505 without coding

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Kennel: (Will have a beautiful kennel if I win him, along with endless amounts of art! X3)

Show Name: The big brown Bear

Call Name: Russle/Rusty

Mate: N/A

Collar Color: Click me!

Harness Color: The one he has is stunning, he earned it when he was asked to go the parade they threw. Someone made it specially for him.

Parent: Foundation, and even if he knew them.. well it wouldn't really matter.

Parent: Foundation, and even if he knew them.. well it wouldn't really matter.

History: Russle was born in Anchorage Alaska, his mother and father simple breeding mates since they were told to make the finest puppies in Anchorage. They usually had a great temperament, not to hyper, and most grew up to be great sled dogs. In this litter there was 3 girls and.. one boy which was Russle. Russle was the total opposite of the others. Restless, hyper, and very loud. The litter owners thought since he is young he might have more of a puppy personality than most, but it would change once he reaches a year or so. Russle was put up for adoption like any other puppy for an expensive price like usual. People came and looked, some took a puppy and some didn't. Soon all the puppies were gone and he watched as the last one was taken from the kennel.. no one wanted him. They said he was to rowdy and hyper and of course disobedient.

Russle felt very sad, and barely ate or drank. Than Jonathan came by, he was looking for some new blood and a challenge. When he saw Russle he was a bit unsure, he thought the puppy was sick... He asked and they said no that he was just being sad. Jonathan felt bad, taking the puppy in and soon fell in love with the boy. Russle cheered up pretty quick when Jonathan adopted him, ignoring every discouraging word they hurled at Jonathan as he simply shrugged and said "I still want him." and man did he get Russle. Russle and him became best friends, and no matter how disobedient, rowdy, or annoying Russle was Jonathan simply shook his head and came trying. Because of Jonathan's enthusiasm and the fact he saw the potential he had, Russle became a fine sled dog. He still has his faults and issues, but everyone does and that's why Jonathan loves him. he loves him because despite being 3 years now, he still has the mind and heart of a puppy...

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

↠↠The Best thing About Him Is His Smile↞↞

╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
Personality: Russle is a very hyper dog, with very little obedience. Ever since he was a small puppy he had a mind of his own and wouldn't let others control him despite them being his owner. Even the finest trainer the village could get, the dog wouldn't budge. Than Jonathan came, falling in love with the dog despite what the litter owners said saying he was disobedient and wouldn't make a good working dog/sled dog. Jonathan loved a challenge and shaped the dog into what he is now. Russle is very affectionate towards Jonathan and some of the sled team, loving to nuzzle or cuddle or give a big fat kiss! He is a devoted and determined dog besides the fact he has a lack of obedience. Jonathan has been working with him on that part though and says that he is slowly becoming better at what he does and listening to him. He is a fast learner but when it comes to when he needs to do something I say, he sometimes doesn't do it. Russle can be sensitive so try not to say anything such as "Ugly dog, or fat dog" because it does hurt his feelings, but he does have pretty high self-esteem. Overall he is a kind and friendly dog. He does tend to me immature and acts very puppy like. He is very disrespectful sometimes and does tend not to be very courteous of others.

╚═════════════════════════════════════╝

↠↠it's Like He Barely Has A Care In The World..↞↞

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
How Is This Dog Valuable To The Team?: I am part of the wheels dogs, "wheel dog" refers to the dog or pair of dogs harnessed closest to the sled. The wheel dog(s) take the greatest load in shifting the direction of a sled from one course to another. Typically, dogs used in this position are generally stronger than their team mates and are called upon to do the "heavy lifting" in difficult conditions. Our musher Jonathan says that being put in the back isn't because you're weak or not good enough, but because you have the strength. It turns out though that the wheel dogs are 2nd most important in the team and if anything the first. Running up front is easy and the dogs have to simply follow the directions the musher tell you "Haw!" you turn left, the team *the middle* does feel that weight in the back, but not as bad and still turn pretty easily. The wheel dogs and I have to toss that weight around, because not only are we turning a load but we are also turning a 100+ lb. human. This job does sometimes cause injuries, old buck still remembers the day he strained a muscle in his back leg, which is why the more stronger and powerful dogs go in the back because they are needed there the most. -Able to switch from wheel dog to the middle-

╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝

↠↠He works so hard, and I let him know he does. ↞↞

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
Describe How This Dog Feels During a Race/Delivery: I am Jonathan, this teams musher. I noticed that over time Rusty began to seemingly accept his role and the importance of it and when I came out with his harness he would be jumping around, panting, just begging for it to be put on. It seemed like when he saw the harness it was like "Time to go to work." Which makes me very happy of his enthusiasm towards his role in the team. If it wasn't for his strength I would have had him in the middle, personally I do believe at times Russel can be a bit reckless with his movements, but I am taking time out of my day to correct that with him. We have had occasions were he gets a little to excited and we hit a sharp churn and he just goes sliding and tangles up all the other dogs with him. So yes he tends to be reckless and his enthusiasm tends to get the best of him which I have my wife who is the trainer of all my fine dogs including our retired champion Buckskin. Anyways, towards loads he knows it's gonna be a tough job and he tends to show less enthusiasm, because we are simply moving around goods and materials from place to place. When he realizes it's a race he just flares up, his fire really does spark. It's funny to see him get all excited. I feel Russel has this strange desire to prove to everyone that the back is important, and that he is important. The other pups had a tendency to nip and bite him a lot which i found odd seeing he had no health issues and he wasn't a runt. It got worse when he was assigned to the back, it was like a wolf pack with them and he was the omega because he is in the back.

What the other dogs don't realize though are that it is a tough job, and that if anything they are higher than the leader. So I see in my view that Russel is trying to prove himself to the others that he is just as good or even better than him. Though sometimes his competitiveness will spark some anger in the others, he will start coming out of line and I will have to yell at him, it's like he sometimes goes into his own little world. The other dogs try to stay in line but when they got a drooling ball of fur at their heels they can't help but spin around and chew his butt back into place, but in the process the whole team comes out of line. So yes we do need some work, I feel though that Russel has a lot of potential just from looking at him. He is a fine male and he is truly powerful, he sure did get the good genes from the pair the foundation chose. I am glad my wife talked me into keeping him, without him I don't know what this team would be..

╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝

To conclude my Application I have made a playlist of songs that describes him.

↠↠PlayList↞↞

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

Happy - Pharrell Williams

Smile - Mikky Echo
Last edited by _CoffeeBean_ on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 24 times in total.
||Stray Souls||Canine RP||Join Today||
_CoffeeBean_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:15 pm

-drop out-
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timey » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:35 pm

username: Timey
      kennel: Manteca Creek Kennels
      show name:
      call name:
      sex:
      mate:
      eye color: Icie Blue
      collar color
      phenotype: Liver Agouti w/ Irish
      genotype: KK/bb/DD/awaw/EE/gg/sisi/tt/mm/Xx/ZZ/Yy/vv
      parent: foundation
      parent: foundation

how is this dog valuable to the team:
      describe how this dog feels during a race/delivery:
Last edited by Timey on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
Timey here! Fan of far
too many things to list.
Proud Fuze/Mute main.

≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
ImageImage
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾
HoC's xxxCWHR xxx ✘Link
✘Link xxx
© xxx ✘Link
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾Image
✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
Timey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spitz. » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Username: .FlamingFeather.
Kennel: Southern Pacific
Show Name: From Alaska and Back
Call Name: Kodiak (Kodi)
Mate: None yet
Collar Color: Black with a silver loop

How Is This Dog Valuable To The Team?: On my team, I am a swing dog. I have multiple roles I play, and none of them are easy but I really love what I do. Part of my responsibilities are to keep the wheel dogs and the team dogs on track and paced. Being a swing dog I am directly behind the lead dogs. I am usually harnessed with another dog beside me to help out a bit, but sometimes I have to go solo. Racing or delivering by myslef with my teammates is super fun but having some buddy next to me is even more fun!

When we go around one of the many corners or turns, in the paths, it's my job to keep the wheel dogs and team dogs on the path. When we turn the lead dogs follow the path and sometimes the others might want to jump off the track to keep in line with the leads. When they do that could be a very bad thing, getting tangled or stopped. My job is to keep the dogs in an arc so they can stay on the path while following the leads and bringing the sled and musher to a safe turn around the corner.

Pacing the dogs is another thing I have to do. Becuase the team dogs give most of the power, they sometimes get a little behind or get going to fast. My job is to keep at a constant pace so they follow behind at a safe speed to stay behind the leads and keep on the pathway. When the dogs get to excited or tired they tend to get off speed and start to speed up a lot or slow down, I keep this from happening the best I can.

Although I really, really do love my part on this team, I have always had a small dream to someday become a lead dog. My father was a lead and I would love to be able to follow in his footsteps. Lead dogs have the best jobs becuase they get to follow the path and listen to the mushers commands. Don't get me wrong my job is a ton of fun, but I'd love to someday get the chance to become a lead dog maybe even for a smaller team.

Describe How This Dog Feels During a Race/Delivery: The race time feeling is the best ever! It feels like flying. When your running through the snow and ice with such power and speed. Running is my favorite activity, weather we're delivering to the local postal office or racing just for the fun of competition, it is the best thing to experience.

Right before the race we make a few preparations, like putting on our little 'booties' that we wear to help protect our feet from the snow and ice, then we get to the start and begin. When we are running, the booties sometimes get a little, ruined, so we often switch out at least ten pairs. Our mushers are required to have at least eight pairs but we often go through more than that. The booties are usually made of thick materials like canvas or fleece and kept in place with Velcro or tape, so they keep our feet nice and warm.

After a while of racing we stop at one of the checkpoints placed around the track. Our mushers usually have food for us shipped ahead where they plan to stop. The food we get is the best! It tastes amazing and it helps us stay fueled and ready to go. We usually get some meat and fish, and maybe if we're lucky even some beaver! Our food is mixed with some dry dog food and water or broth, the liquid keeps us hydrated and its so much better than regular water. None of us will really drink water anyway, in the freezing temperatures.
Last edited by Spitz. on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
I used be .FlamingFeather. please don't steal

▬▬▬▬▬
. F l a m i n g F e a t h e r .
▬▬▬▬▬
Spitz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:31 am

Dropping
Last edited by OutdatedBoombox on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:03 am

So I misunderstood Zax, and I'm supposed to design the harness myself! But you get still get to choose the collar color.
If you could fix your forms, I'd be super greatful! If not, the only thing that'll effect you is that it won't be colored to your specifications.

Sorry!!
    ImageImage

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ovacalix » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:06 am

-
Last edited by Ovacalix on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mainstream geologist » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Username: ✧ 浮気者 ✧
Kennel: Winter Peak Kennel
Show Name: Little Dog of Winter
Call Name: Qannik "snowflake"
Mate: -
Collar Color same as his eye color~
Playlist:

How Is This Dog Valuable To The Team?: In case none of you know, in some long races such as the Iditarod for example, our musher will exchange us in our spots for varies reasons. Maybe we fight with the dog we’re next to or maybe we just need a break from the job we are doing for whatever reason, it all depends on the day, race, and feelings of the others on the team.
That all being said, I’m certain you’re curious what my job on the team is? Or why did I even mention that our musher occasionally exchanges our spots? Heck, I haven’t even told you my name! Here, let me enlighten you! My name is Qannik, which means Snowflake in Inuit. Introductions over, let me explain my job as part of the sled team.
I’m what one might call a swing dog, or point dog, it’s said both ways. My job is to help steer the team around corners. You see, as the lead dog makes its turn, the other dogs want to follow them off the trail, and that’s where I come in. My job is to turn the team in an arc on these turns so that our musher and sled can get around without a problem!
However, I mentioned being switched out, right? Yeah, I did! By that I mean, sometimes our musher finds it necessary to switch me out with one of the wheel dogs, making them the swing dog for a bit. It sounds complicated, but I assure you we were both trained in the two positions. As a wheel dog I take on most of the weight from the sled, which is quite a bit once you add up supplies, the sled itself, and our musher. It gets heavy, and because I can pull a lot more for a longer time it’s usually beneficial to switch me out later into a race or delivery.
Although we occasionally get switched out, I’m better as much job right behind the lead dog. Only because although I’m small and powerful, the constant slamming of the sled runners drives me up a wall and frustrates me. I actually remember one time I had to be switched to wheel dog because one of my friend injured his paw on the run. So not only did we have the weight of the musher, sled, and supplies, but also a dog!
I may have a complicated job to follow and understand, but I love it nonetheless. Nothing spells excitement then getting a new partner to race over snow beside!

Describe How This Dog Feels During a Race/Delivery: The team was just pulling into Tanana, Alaska, a small village about an hour outside Fairbanks. This was their rest stop for that night of the Iditarod and Qannik could feel the cold starting to nip at his skin. This didn’t bother him much though, because the adrenaline pumping through his veins was keeping as warm as the thick fur on his shoulders.
Just over the shoulders of the lead dog in front of him, Qannik could see the street lights of the small village of Tanana just ahead of them as they neared. Excitement to having gotten this far in the race without an injured dog or a swap of dogs overwhelmed the liver agouti dog as his booted paws raced over the snow. Occasionally his ice blue eyes would glance down just to make sure he wasn’t flying above the snowy ground, a feeling that often flooded his body when he was racing.
There wasn’t a time he didn’t like racing, Qannik thought to himself although his gaze was fixed on the streetlights in front of his team. He always raced in the Iditarod with his loving team, and usually he managed to stay in his swing dog position until the last stretch, something he greatly appreciated. However, there were always there races where one of the wheel dogs went and hurt themselves, causing Qannik to be stuck in the back as a replacement.
As the neared Tanana, a chorus of barks and chatter greeted him. As he glanced around realized they weren’t one of the first teams to reach the village, the feeling of ecstasy quickly left his body and was replaced with a feeling of failure. As they came to a stop and Qannik watched his musher set up outside a tent, he couldn’t help but be less excited than his racing partners.
The only thing running through the swing dog’s mind was, ‘if only I had guided the team around that corner better’. While he was thinking to himself, feeling frustrated over something he thought he could’ve easily fixed, his musher had made his way to stand in front of the liver agouti dog.
“Qannik?”
The sled dog looked up at his musher with sad, ice blue eyes only to be greeted with a head rub and a smile on his musher’s mug. Just the smile on his musher’s face filled the dog with new feeling of happiness. If his musher wasn’t upset with him, then he had no need to be upset, right?
“You did well today, Qannik, I’m proud of you. Why don’t you go on and take a rest so we can start fresh in the morning?” The musher pat Qannik’s head once more before heading off to rest himself, leaving Qannik feeling much better than he had when they pulled into Tanana and once again feeling the rush of the race in his blood. Needless to say, the agouti swing dog got less sleep them he should have that night.

^this is junk, I know, but I wanted to write something from the dogs POV and this was the best idea I had since I know someone in Tanana and I was talking to him the day the Iditarod went though this year (2015)~
Last edited by mainstream geologist on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mainstream geologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:27 am

I've added some info on extras after being asked <3
I've also changed a few things, such as my wording on how to write the required bits. Just tips for more creativity!

And my previous comment about the harness mixup still applies.
    ImageImage

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes