Plumerian #634 Winner! by Ovacalix

Based on Click to view
Artist Ovacalix [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
66 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Plumerian #634 Winner!

Postby Ovacalix » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:04 pm

the second of my long drawn own GA thing, this babe.

So I was made a guest artist a long long time ago, and my designs are few and far in between, I've been lacking in ideas, buT! With the help of some lovely stream members (u know who u are) I was given some inspiration to jump back into gear and deliver what I was given this position for.

!!important note!! the red on their fur is not a part of their actual design; it's tribal paint. I would prefer that this paint NOT be changed [for what reason you will see why momentarily].

So this competition is going to be free-for-all, I really like this design so I'm going to make things unnecessarily difficult.

This child is from a fictitious tribe that lives deep in the rainforests of [wherever the heck planet plumies come from]. So I need you to tell me what exactly their tribe paints mean symbolically. They dont have to match anything existing that we know today, so you have creative liberty with that. Things to keep in mind are color, placement, and the shapes themselves! Feel free to do some research and explain why they are important to this plumie's character!

Also tell me what ball python morph it is based off of, bonus points if you get it right c8< [though its not required]

extremely basic form outline[its an impress me yes, but you gotta have these things in your entry];

Code: Select all
    username;
    name;
    gender;
    tribal paint and their symbolic meaning;
    get ur snek game on;

plumerians (c) charchar2

ends next saturday

Last edited by Ovacalix on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Plumerian #636

Postby Wulfjaw » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:10 pm

I really want to try out, I'll see if I can!
πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

I use he/him pronouns.
Wulfjaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tricksters » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:10 pm

marking, if anyone wants to use my snek bby kacey, or my other 5 pm me u w u
Tricksters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Apollosaurus » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:11 pm

marking though I don't think I will try out. Pm me if you would like to use Comet, Venus or Cirrus
i'm no longer active here
if you really need to contact me please message me on da (@frank-poole) or toyhouse (@apollosaurus)
Apollosaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:11 pm

username;; chinchillax
name;; Chancellor
gender;; male
tribal paint and their symbolic meaning;; the color red is known to be a very intense and emotional color, it has very high visibility and is the perfect distraction. In battle Chance is the perfect decoy due to the fact he is a long distance sprinter, he may not be the strongest or the stealthiest but boy can he run fast.
get ur snek game on;; Axanthic?

Last edited by Baylin on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✦xXx

β—Š My Toyhou.se
β—Š pfp by Chizuny
β—Š Sig art by SarahN

XxX.Κ•β€’α΄₯β€’Κ”

✦xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laces » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:12 pm

marking
laces

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby found. » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Possible res with the meaning of sun as the symbol.
Last edited by found. on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

==============
DA β€’ commissions open !! for usd/points :>

hi there !! i'm found, and i like musicals (deh, hamilton, newsies, etc.) and music in general?? (the beatles, peach pit, the walters, the smiths, foreigner etc.)

i don't get on too much?? but don't be afraid to say hi i need friends : ))
==============
found.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ill » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:13 pm

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Username:
Cojinxleafbelle
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Basic Characteristics
Name: Scarlet Arrow
Pronunciation: Scar-let Air-oh
Nicknames:Scarlet, Scar
Gender Role: Female
Orientation: Demi - Homosexual
Theme Song: It's Murder - Mayhem (Tuxe Remix)
Zodiac: Leo
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Tribal Paint and Their Symbolic Meaning
Scarlet's paint is red because of a specific reason. Her tribe believes in "Butterfly Symbolism" and it's said that red butterflies represent danger. Scarlet has red paint, because the other Plumerians in her tribe see her as very dangerous individual. Of course, when she was given her first tribal paint, it wasn't red; it was white, which is a tradition in her tribe. All newborns have white paint until they show which "butterfly color" they represent. Most can't tell which color until after a significant event, like a battle, for example, happens. For Scarlet, a border skirmish with another tribe made it apparent that she represented the red butterfly. As for the symbols her paint shows, that's a bit more simple.
The Sun on Her Shoulder:
All tribe members start out with one symbol; a symbol that represents the time and conditions in which they were born. For Scarlet, it was a summer afternoon during a relatively bad drought. Hence, she has dotted sun on her shoulder; sun for sun, dot for dry.
The Circles Around Her Eye
The second symbol tribe members get is one that represents their first victory in battle. In Scarlet's case, her first (rather young) opponent was defeated when she slung a stone and hit her enemy in the eye, sending them running "for their life". This is why the marking is specifically around her eye; the dots around it representing a target, and the one stray dot to the side being the stone.
The Pattern on Her Wrist
This third symbol is given to tribe members when they do something to ensure the safety of everyone in the tribe. Scarlet, for example, was sent out with a runner - someone who delivers secret messages to and from allied tribes - to help with the delivery of a note regarding plans for a raid on the enemy. However, half way through the trip, she and the runner were attacked by a small band of rogues. They managed to fight the rogues off, but the runner became badly injured, so, to make sure the note arrived at it's destination, he tied it to Scarlet's wrist using some spare thread he was required to bring with, and told her to run. Scarlet was reluctant, but after he persisted for a few minutes, she did so. The pattern on her wrist is a painted version of the pattern on the back of the note.
The Forehead Markings
The fourth symbol represents something a tribe member did to defend something or someone important. Scarlet received hers when she protected a group of untrained apprentices from a night raid another tribe had launched on hers. She ordered the young ones into a nearby cave, where she stood guard, fighting off the enemies that challenged her. Scarlet only protected the front, open half, though; a companion protected the back. This is why Scarlet's markings look the way they do; the "U" shape is the cave, the dot inside is her, and the other remaining dots are enemies. Her companion's is similar, but instead of a dot inside the cave, it's overlapping the rounded part of the "U".
Get Ur Snek Game On
Axanthic Coral Glow
Personal Characteristics
Birth Date: July 23rd, 1983
Birth Name: Scarlet Arrow
Birth Place: Somewhere near Boa Vista, Brazil
First Word(s): "No."
Greatest Achievement: When she earned her red paint, of course!
Biggest Failure: The first time Scarlet led her tribe's warriors into battle, she accidentally sent them the wrong way
Self-Confidence:
Worries:
Soothers:
Musical Instrument: None, but she has some experience with drums
Quirks: She has a weird habit of talking "only when necessary" so if you talk to her, don't be surprised if she just gives you a hard stare
She jumps whenever she shoots her bow; no one knows why, and when asked, she doesn't answer
She smacks things and others with her tail when frustrated or angry
Dominant Paw: Ambidextrous; her tribe makes sure that everyone can use both paws equally well.
Mental Characteristics
IQ: Average, but it takes her a while to process new things properly
Known Languages: English, Portuguese, Brazilian
Memory: Good; her mind is "like a steel cage"
Hobbies: Archery, Running, Climbing, Swimming
Philosophical Characteristics
Morality: Scarlet has... Strange morals, to say in the least. In one way, they're good, but in another way, they're kind of bad. For example, she'll do anything to protect her tribe, but, she also believes that prisoners of battle should be executed after they have all the information they have taken from them; there's no use in keeping them around.
Etiquette: Strangely, Scarlet is pretty polite; well, for her type, that is. She doesn't talk when eating unless it's an urgent manner, and she doesn't really do anything gross. If she did anything impolite, it'd probably be serious glaring at the Plumie across from her.
Attitude: Normally, Scarlet acts as if she's mentally planning some elaborate attack; in other words, she always looks angry, even when she's not. She's really serious and kind of intense, so she often scares others that aren't from her tribe. Others from her tribe find her intimidating and dangerous, but most say that's what they adore about her. Well, that and her respectful way of speaking to others.
Physical (Human) Characteristics
Nationality: Brazilian
Skin Color: Tan
Height: 5' 8
Weight: 110 lbs.
Scars: Many from battles; mostly on the waist on back
Piercings: Ears
Tattoos: Many; they match her markings
Shirt Size: Medium
Shoe Size: She doesn't wear any, but they'd be size 9
Hair Color: White/Gray/Black
Hair Length: Long; A bit past shoulder length
Hair Style: Long; her hair is draped over her shoulders
Widow's Peak: Yes
Health and Fitness
Allergies: None
Birthmarks: One on her back
Blood Type: O
Figure: Upside Down Triangle
Fitness: Scarlet's always active, so she's in good shape
Hygiene: Scarlet's hygiene isn't the best, but it's enough to "pass the test"
Residential Characteristics
Home: The rain forests of Boa Vista
Citizenship: Brazil, South America (Technically)
Hometown: Somewhere in the Boa Vista area
Vocal Characteristics
Accent/Dialect: Brazilian
Pitch: Bad; she doesn't sing often, but when she does, cover your ears
Range: Bass to Alto
Volume: Normally, she speaks in a quiet or moderately loud tone
Personality
MBIT Personality Type: ESTJ
Anima - What Scarlet Hides: Resentful, Inquisitive, Reckless, Regretful, Demanding, Rebellious, Envious
Persona - What Others See: Respectful, Intimidating, Dangerous, Serious, Brave, Irritable, Quiet, Angered
Last edited by Ill on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
>Nonbinary Lesbian with BPD and lots of others but I think I’m pretty nice. I like DnD and OCs. I am an adult also!
>I take a while to reply, please don't rush me...
>PM me for ways to contact me, I check this site for messages occasionally
>Leaving the site. Keeping ALL my characters... if our characters were shipped, either contact me on DA or I’m assuming they’re broke off
Ill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kojomojo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:14 pm

username; makdoodle2008

name; River of the north

gender; Female

tribal paint and their symbolic meaning; Usually made from a fairly poisonous fruit that is very toxic to ingest, that looks like your average cranberry or red currant, it symbolizes strength in numbers. The sun-like marking on her shoulder represents the leader in the middle, and the followers circling around. Once pups are old enough to participate in tribe activities they get their first marking, the one on the leg. After they participate in more in the tribe they get more markings.

get ur snek game on; Albino spider/Axanghic Bee

W.I.P >u<
Last edited by kojomojo on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
hi i'm kojo! i'm not active much, but if you need to contact me or want to send a trade feel free.

some of my favorite movies and shows include but are not limited to: it + it chapter 2, honey boy, back to the future, superbad, the goldfinch, ferris bueller's day off, barry, stranger things, the walking dead, criminal minds, breaking bad, teotfw, and ianowt. i also really like XTC, the smiths, and oingo boingo!

bill hader and jack dylan grazer are two of my favorite actors :]

again, i'm not super active but you can find me on deviantart and toyhou.se @beilwood!
kojomojo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odysseus » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:18 pm

username; vanadium!
name; apollo
gender; male
tribal paint and their symbolic meaning; the sun-like marking is the most important part of the picture the tribal paint explains. the placing of this marking on the shoulder is obscure, as a marking as such means 'strong' or 'brave' and is usually placed over the chest or on the forehead. even apollo initially was unsure of the meaning of the paint. but who would doubt the tribe's elders? it can be theorized that apollo's policy of always being there for a friend is one of the meanings of this sun. no matter how many tears wash the paint away, this plume's shoulder will always be there for someone to lean on.
the marking around the paw doesn't symbolize much. yes, apollo is left-pawed. apollo, however, this also translates to 'helping hand,' quite literally being the hand that apollo uses to help. apollo's charismatic personality and interpersonal skills likely led him to receiving this marking. this is his favourite marking, as it is the least assuming one, yet the one mark that he feels truly describes him the best.
the dots surrounding his eye bear a certain similarity to the specks used in the painted sun. this design is only repeated on one side of the face, and it signifies a knowledge and empathy for others. if the paint had been used on the opposite side, apollo would be classified to have knowledge regarding his own opinions and ideals and high self-esteem. being the young, inexperienced plumie that he is, a mere 22 years old if he was born human instead of plumerian, the other marking would be very hard to wear with the pride it deserves at such an age.
the long dotted line that accentuates apollo's face is a common marking among his tribe. it can translate to have many meanings, but for apollo the one he relates to most is 'one who helps.' the juice itself is partially made from a healing plant apollo utilizes in many facets of his work, as he is training to become one of the lead medics of his tribe. however, the paint is initially clear, so this has been mixed with the same pigment as the rest of apollo's paint to create the bright red colour.
why red? red is a bold colour, a bright one, one that stands out. it' s in a family of warm colours, and is present in ever so many more. pink, orange, purple, sienna. red is a building block, and it represents one who reaches out, one who is friendly and well-known. that's what the colour red is. someone might not know the exact shade of 'purple mountain majesty' you're referring to but can easily picture a dot of red in the back of their mind.
and apollo cares for others so much more than himself, apollo is known so well, red is one of the perfect shades to accentuate his patterned fur.
get ur snek game on; axanthic pastel?
Last edited by odysseus on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
β—€xxxxxxxβ™‘ β™‘ β™‘xxxxxxxβ—₯
they/them| infj | virgo
heya, i'm izzy! β™‘

canadian, bi, and tired
β—£xxxxxxxβ™‘ β™‘ β™‘xxxxxxxβ—’
β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€
OPEN-EYED, BURN THE PAGE
───── MY LITTLE DARK AGE
β™‘
odysseus

My pets
My items