None

 [Discipline >>>>> ]
 [Shows Entered > R: W: E:]
 [Shows Won >>>> R: W: E:]

 [Ej > ] [Ep > ]
 [Eh > ] [Ws > ]
 [Wp > ] [Wt > ]
 [Rf > ] [Rs > ]

This Gal can only have 1 foal, as for she is getting a bit old, but she is able to be ridden, nothing wrong with her. She is very healthy and ready to go to a good forever home.
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First touch

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:35 pm

I was well on my way to having a real live herd and this girl was going to be a welcome addition. When the truck dropped her off late this morning, they put her in the corral and the rest of the crew had spent a few hours getting acquainted with her over the pasture fence. It was a noisy process but fun to watch. Amazingly, the usually cautious Skhiz seemed to get along with her especially well. Long after the others had wandered off, the dazzle mare hung around just outside the fence and checked in with the older mare from time to time by sniffing noses or an occasional touch of tail hand.

Early in the afternoon, after I figured she had time to settle in, I gathered a few assorted treats and went to make friends. Everyone noticed my approach and returned to the fence to find out what was going on, (or they caught scent of the treats, one of the two.) I casually approached the original group with barely a glance at the newcomer, managing to position myself within five or six feet of Selma. I made a big show of sorting through the treats and selecting things for everyone then trying to hand them out to the crew. As usual, Chia managed to slip her tail in to snag something before I was ready. The joke was on her since she mistakenly stole one of the Biscoff cookie I had brought to share with Clovis and she really didn't care for the slightly spicy taste. A moment later it came flying at me, barely missing my head and I had to laugh as I ducked. In the meantime, Selma was edging closer, head extended to better sniff out what had everyone else's interest. Selecting a small cheese cube, I held it out to her without directly looking at the stripy mare. I felt her hot breath on my hand as she considered the offering then somehow she managed to remove it without touching my palm. I turned to watch her as she savored the new flavor. Apparently she approved because she found my hand and proceeded to lick off every last lingering trace.
Last edited by PuddlebyOnTheMarsh on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pet's name: Pushmi-pullyu
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First saddle

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:33 am

Once we had a few days to get to know each other and I realized how easygoing Selma was, I decided to see what she thought of a saddle. It was hard to believe she could have reached that age without having some experience in that area, I just hope it was not a bad experience. I wondered if there were any people out there that would try to break a Nera just like an old time cowboy because it would not have left a good impression. Then I stopped to think. I doubt the individual in question would live to regret the decision since Nera were agile as a cat, the size of a large horse, had five hands and sharp, carnivore teeth. I grinned at the thought.

Having rounded up Selma, Chia and Skhiz earlier, I left them in the corral while I went to get the tack from the barn. I figured having the two others not be upset by the sight of the strappy assemblage that was a Nera saddle might help reassure the older mare a bit. I knew all the belts were needed to keep it from simply sliding off the first time your mount did something a terrestrial mount couldn't do, but I'm not sure I'd ever get use to the sheer number of fasteners required.

Holding the bag of snacks in one hand I then used both to pick up the saddle and hustled back out the open door before someone decided to come in after me to investigate. I shut the door with my foot then realized the logic error in my actions. I could hardly entice Selma to come over if I couldn't even open the treat bag. By this time, all three girls had surrounded me, having caught wind of the food I carried. Now I couldn't even get to the fence to drop it over the rail. Chia was being especially persistent, I could feel my pockets being searched by her tail hand, but I hadn't put the goodies there for that very reason. Being surrounded by three excited Nera, even ones as gentle and sociable as these, was a bit disconcerting. I had to put down that saddle fast so I reached up and dropped it on the nearest black and white back and started handing out treats. Once everyone was happily munching I realized Selma was the one wearing the saddle with absolutely no complaint. When I reached around and fastened the main straps she just nuzzled the bag politely so I split up the remaining snacks and rubbed the old girls fuzzy ears.
Last edited by PuddlebyOnTheMarsh on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Ride

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:12 am

After the totally anticlimactic first saddle, I was pretty sure my new Nera wouldn't give me any real trouble in riding her. Still, I took my time making sure every strap was secure and well adjusted then swung aboard. Selma started back just a little, mouthed the bit and bobbed her head then cocked an ear back toward me. After about 30 seconds she twisted her head around to nudge my leg, sort of, "what is taking so long, what next?" I grinned and nudged her forward to the gate, opened it and went out to the pasture for a nice long ride.

Pet's name: Pushmi-pullyu
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me