#3717 Double cream cremello overo by nimrod.

Based on Click to view
Artist nimrod. [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#3717 Double cream cremello overo

Postby nimrod. » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:10 pm

a gift dedicated to baby Everly <3 since she is your angel, this tolter's overo is in the shape of an angel with a trumpet c: plus golden horseshoes, because she is a golden child <3

username; iStarz
      name; ÇwÇ Song Of An Angel 'Everly or Eve'
      gender; mare
      eye color; lavender
      sire; ---
      dam; ---
Last edited by nimrod. on Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #3717 Double cream cremello overo

Postby iStarz & Everly » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Awww rachie!! How did you know about the lavender?! Have you been stalking me?? Lol

She is so perfect!! I'm starting to cry. Hormones..ahh.. but I'm smiling so much right now!!

Her name will be
ÇwÇ Song Of An Angel 'Everly or Eve'
Gender is female, and I definitely want to keep the bow and the halter as it is, it's perfect!!!

Edit:

I'd like to give her a new barn name, I'd like to call her Angel, but I'll keep Everly and Eve there too.
Last edited by iStarz & Everly on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nimrod. » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:32 pm

I have been keeping a close eye on all things relating to Everly <333 I am so glad you love it c,:
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iStarz & Everly » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:09 am

Angel's Background: Part 1::

Welcome Home

It was a special day when Angel came to us here at Coldwater Creek. It was early spring and a few foals had been born that morning. But Angel was not born here, she was brought here. An elderly lady and her granddaughter came to the ranch one day, a small two horse trailer in tow with them. We at first thought they were lost, because we do not typically get visitors to the ranch unless by appointment. When the elderly lady got out of the vehicle, we began to get very confused. Her granddaughter was a young lady of around twenty-five. We assumed the older woman was into her eighties, but she was walking without support of a cane or any such items that typically followed the elderly.
The granddaughter smiled at us, "Is this Coldwater Creek?" She asked, looking at us. She stood next to her grandmother and held her hand gently. I couldn't help but to smile.
"This is, how can we help you?" I asked them both.
"My grandmother here has something for you all. She insisted that it must go to you, though we aren't sure why." The granddaughter began. "Is there somewhere where we can sit and talk?"
I immediately began to run through my mind of who this lady was, and I could not for the life of me figure it out. "Of course." I told them, "Right this way, let's go to the house." I realized then that the grandmother had not yet spoken. I was confused by this, but I wasn't about to be rude and ask questions. As I led them into the house, I pulled out a chair for the grandmother and helped her take a seat. The granddaughter sat next to her, almost protectivly. "So what exactly did you bring me?" I asked, getting right to the point. I was never a patient man.
"Well, this all started about a month ago. We really couldn't figure out what grandma was trying to say. You see, my grandfather passed away a little over a month ago and ever since she has been mumbling names and addresses and numbers and such. She has alzhimers, so we weren't quite sure what was going on. But this week things started to clear up a bit for her and we started to understand what she was saying. She kept telling us Coldwater Creek. We couldnt figure out where we had heard the name before, but as I was going through some old paperwork of my grandfathers' the name Coldwater Creek kept popping up. Only it was Coldwater Creek Tolter Ranch. We started putting the puzzle together. My grandfather used to be a Tolter breeder as well. While most of the horses were sold at auction along with the ranch and properties as he wanted, one of the horses, he had us keep. We weren't sure why until we read deeper into his will. The horse was for you, I am assuming."
"I'm sorry, but I don't recognize either of you." I told the granddaughter. Though listening to her story, it seemed true enough.
"Don't you talk that way William, of course you know me." The grandmother spoke, giving me a face that could only be described as disappointed.
I was shocked, "I'm sorry, but you have the wrong pers..." I stopped, "Did you say William?" I looked at the grandmother.
"Well yes, who do you think you are? I swear you keep getting crazier and crazier every time I see you." The grandmother chuckled then, smiling at me.
"It seems you do have the right person, though William was my father." I told the pair. "My name is James." I smiled then. "So, can we have a look at what you brought me?" I asked.
The granddaughter smiled, "Of course, I think you will truly love her. She was one of the last ones my grandfather bred before he passed away."
As we walked outside and back towards the trailer, I couldn't help but grin as we walked up. I helped the grand daughter with the trailer door, and as the light shone through, I could see a beautiful creamy white foal laying in the straw of the trailer. She lifted her head, almost fawn-like to look at me. Her face was feminine and and soft and her forelock was starting to come in. She blinked at me and stood. Her long legs expertly unfolding from beneath her. She wore no halter of any kind and I was happy she didn't, any sort would have mared her beauty. She stared at me for quite some time, her large lavender eyes trained on me. She wasnt at all scared of me, and I believed her to be about seven or eight months old from her size. She was all around gorgeous and graceful. She began getting curious, or rather assumed we wanted her out of the trailer, and as she came into the sunshine, her coat gleamed. No baby fuzz was left on her body, her coat was clean and short.
"Her name is Song Of An Angel." The granddaughter spoke.
With her name, she turned her head to look at the granddaughter, recognizing it as her own.
As I examined her, I discovered that she had an Overo pattern, but her main coat was so light, the blended perfectly. As I looked harder, I could see the outline of what looked like an angel on her barrel. I was awed. "The name definitely fits her." I said.
"She's all yours, I have to get my grandma back home, but please take good care of her. You won't find it hard for her to be trained, she's a natural dancer. Just play a bit of music for her and you will see what I mean. You won't be sorry." The granddaughter told me as she closed the trailer door.
As they pulled out of the drive, the filly didn't move an inch, I touched her shoulder and murmured her name. She looked at me. "Well Angel, welcome home." I told her.

(1017 words)
Last edited by iStarz & Everly on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iStarz & Everly » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:00 am

Angel's Background: Part 2::

Transition

It was apparent when we first got Angel that she was a gentle soul. Nothing seemed to upset her. We were very proud of her at this sudden transition from being an only horse to being surrounded by so many new people and horses. We felt that this young filly was incomparable. Though since all of our tolters have a buddy, and are always matched up with another tolter similar to them or one who helps them, we immediately started work on finding a tolter with just as much grace and optimism this young filly had. It was going to be difficult and we weren't sure if it would be possible.
We started with mares. As with any new tolter, we introduce them to all the other ones in the same barn as them, socializing them to their surroundings. Seeing who is good with who and who isn't. Though every tolter we brought Angel to see, she didn't seem overly dramatic about them either way. She got along with them, but there was no attraction or immediate dislike. She didn't seem to hate anyone, but she wasn't head over heals for any of our tolters either. But she didn't seem put out or upset either. This filly was complicated. She surprised us at everything she came into contact with. It was like she was an old mare already. She already seemed completely socialized to everything. Nothing phased her at all.
We quickly turned to geldings for a companion. Thinking th at opposites might attract. Though since we are a breeding farm and we don't have many geldings, that quickly failed. We were begining to give up on finding Angel a companion. We were sure that Angel might be our only single tolter. Though that didn't seem yo bother her at all.
Now, instead of finding her a friend, we focused on other things of her new life at Coldwater Creek. We started with a daily routine and feed. We discovered that she loved apples and the small home-made horse treat nuggets we usually gave our tolters every night. As for her daily grooming, she seemed to enjoy it, from the bath and playing in the soapy bubbles to the combing of her mane and tail. She stood perfectly through it all. She was well versed in being touched everywhere on her body, her rump and belly, and even near her eyes, where most horses would move their head away or flinch, she didn't move a muscle. She was so trusting in us even though we had only had her for a few days. It was remarkable.
Angel was quickly settled into a training routing, though she even started flying through it. Her basic groundwork seemed to be just review for her, and since she was too young for a saddle, we started teaching her other things. She learned tricks and accelerated quickly. She learned to lie down and sit on command. Our trainers worked with her to go over jumps in the arena on her own, count, and even began teaching her how to paint! She even danced on her own to music! Bobbing her head and trotting around, pacing and lifting her legs. She would definitely make an amazing dressage horse in the coming years.
Soon she was preforming her own series of tricks by herself.
We started bringing the young filly to halter class shows, starting her off early, she quickly jumped the levels and did amazingly. Earning money that we in turn donated back to her previous owner to help her and her family. We entered her in the local fair to show off some of her talent. We quickly learned that she was a hit and emails came pouring in about her next performance. So we started setting weekly shows at the ranch for her to preform in front of the public. She painted pictures and we gave them away to her adoring fans. She was even asked to attend a few children's birthday's. Which she did. It was amazing to see how she reached to the children and enjoyed their company.
At only 2 years old, she was amazingly popular, and had her own social media page! She had raised so much money from her competitions and performances that we began giving back to local charities as well as giving to her previous owners. It just seemed that this filly wouldn't stop. We were so proud of her.
Though as she began to get older, around 3 years of age, almost as quickly as she acceled, she dropped just as fast. She seemed upset, still her friendly self, but she was distant and quiet. She didn't seem to have the glow about her she usually did. The only thing that kept her happy, was her music. She quickly began to loose weight, even her favorite horse treats weren't catching her eye anymore. We needed to find her a companion. She was becoming mature now and needed something other than the children to keep her spirits up.
We were desperate. We found a temporary companion in a small grey barn cat that came around every so often. Angel seemed to be fascinated in the small animal and the pair immediately bonded. She began to get her glow back and she was more active and back to her old self it seemed. Though she needed a more permanent companion. She needed another tolter. We searched the Internet, hoping to find another tolter to match her, no matter the cost. We were about to give up when a private breeder answered our prayers. They emailed us saying that they saw our add and wanted to help. We were relieved at the news. Angel had a chance.
The breeder told us that they had a mare similar in color and personality as to what we described Angel, but she wasn't for sale. Our hearts dropped. They said that their mare was going to be ready to be bred soon and have the foal. At this, we were optimistic. Such a young tolter might just work. Angel did love children, maybe a foal would be the best thing for her. We jumped on the idea, we had to try. We got a stallion with a calm, gentle temperment to breed to the mare. Now it was just a waiting game.

(1060 words)
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me