Based on Click to view
Artist deertush [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Belgian Kelpie 100

Postby deertush » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:36 pm

ayyy look at this bab
they're missing a leg and have a messed up ear.

see last page for final winners

To win this pup, tell me how they lost their leg and how will you make them feel comfortable in their new kennel?
(Ex; They lost their leg from a pogo stick accident and I will put a noodle in their kennel and play Kanye West constantly)
The winner and the runner up(s) will receive a custom dog!

Prettying up and extras allowed and are also boosters.
Ends July 15, 2015 11;59

Username: tsuya
Show Name: Don't Test the Joker
Call Name: Spade
Sex: Female
Mate: ----
Eye color: Grey
Collar color: Red
Phenotype: Liver tipped sable with irregular minimum white and snowflake
Genotype: kk/bb/DD/Ayas/ee/gg/Ssp/tt/mm/XX/ZZ
Parent: ---
Last edited by deertush on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Howdy!
I'm deer and I enjoy
natural history, taxidermy, dog training
animal crossing, homesteading, and art
DeviantArt - Lioden - Wolvden - Twitter

ImageImage
deertush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Belgian Kelpie 100

Postby mooncakes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:38 pm

-
Last edited by mooncakes on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
mooncakes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

praelia - the undying flame

Postby Arrows » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Sometimes  even  to  live  is  an  act  of  courage.

- Seneca

Username: Arrows
    Show Name: WLR's Aurea Vindex
    "golden champion"
    Call Name: Praelia
    "fighter"
    Also called Rae
    Other Nicknames: Praelia has many nicknames that come from his personality and history. They are not always used, but have accumulated over the years.
    Warrior
    Champ
    Soldier
    Underdog
    Survivor
    Lucky
    Goldie
    Sex: Male
    Mate:
    Eye color: grey
    Collar color: faded chrome color w/black buckles
    Personality: He is a determined yet oddly timid dog. Praelia has the definite mentality of a warrior, a fighter, but has remained a follower in the order of the pack. He has often struggled, but never simple lies down and takes what is coming. Rae manages to tackle his many challenges. He is a wise dog, perhaps past his relatively young years. His personality is often hidden by the overbearing shadows of other dogs.
    When he lost a leg, Praelia seemed to come out of his shell. He grew more aggressive, more independent. The loss of his leg gave him a newfound ferocity, as though showing other dogs that he is not weaker by having three legs. He was more prominent and had more respect from other dogs. Rae still maintains his dedication and perseverance, and has grown to find loyalty of high importance. He is the type of dog that, once bonded with you, will never desert you. Though his occasional timidity comes apparent, he has a never-say-die attitude. Despite his impediments, Praelia has remained strong and steady. Although his three legs will sometimes limit him, he'd like to thing that they never will.
    Past Owners: Praelia was born in a large, refurbished barn with multiple other litters of pups of various ages around him. The couple who owned the establishment earned their money by breeding high-class show dogs. He lived here until he was at the age where he could be away from his mother and was sold.
    He ended up being sold to a woman who had many, many dogs - too many, it seemed at times. These dogs roamed around a large yard, making packs for themselves. This woman was very interested in showing and training dogs. She loved all of her dogs very much, and cared for them, but it wasn't always an ideal situation. Praelia did not always fit in well here. It was in this period of his life where his leg was lost. After this, he was given so that he could be adopted out.
    How They Lost Their Leg: Praelia's life was one full of constant difficulty. From day one, he struggled. He was always smaller than his brothers and sisters, always the last to his mother's milk. It's not like he was abused or anything, but he had trouble. Praelia was at the bottom of the pecking order, getting walked all over. And he hated it, yet felt powerless. Even when he grew up, and moved away from his siblings, he was always last with other dogs. Despite his discontent in his ranking, Praelia was a prized dog and trained for shows.
    One day, something changed. Rae wasn't himself. He was increasingly tired, sluggish, had a lack of appetite, and appeared lame on various days. At first, it was speculated that he was getting roughed up by some of the other dogs, but no visible injuries were clear. Out of worry, his owner took him to the vet, who took multiple X-Rays and blood tests. The diagnosis was grim. Praelia had Osteosarcoma, a bone tumor that was malignant and showed bone cancer. It was very clear and aggressive in his back right leg. The doctor noted that it was unlikely the dog would survive with such a serious and brutal form of cancer. They would need to amputate immediately if there was a hope of stopping the bone cancer.
    After a difficult decision and plenty of paperwork, Rae was rushed into surgery and his leg was removed. He spent a long time in recovery, learning how to move without a leg and building strength. He appeared depressed for a while, but then his attitude changed and Praelia seemed to accept his three-legged self. After more thorough tests, the cancer seemed to be gone. It was a long process, one with constant check-ups, but Rae got lucky. The bone cancer has yet to show its face again, and he is a comfortable dog. He has grown very confident without his back right leg, and moves rather well, without any sort of prosthetic or other form of help.
    And although he may never be the prized show dog he was being groomed to be, it is enough of a trophy that he has survived.
    How They'll Feel Comfortable At Their New Home: Praelia will receive care and love at White Lily Run Kennels, where he will find a clean and cozy living space and outside access. Rae will have heated flooring in his environment, and companionship with Abercrombie, the Kennels' current one and only resident. He will be given the independence he deserves, as well as complete, total, daily care. To help with any slight soreness and lack of exercise, Praelia will have daily walks and stretching/strength building exercises. He will be treated as any regular dog, which is perhaps the best of therapy for him.
    Why He Doesn't Have a Prosthetic: Praelia never has and never will have an artificial leg. Multiple types were tested on him, and he reacted poorly. He bit at the leg and rejected the idea. It was attempted multiple times, each having varying degrees of Praelia becoming angry or upset. It was decided it was better for him to move on his own, as he was fluid with this and preferred it to anything else.
    The Chipped Ear: The ear itself has no relation to his lost leg. When Praelia was younger, and had issues with his placement in the pack, he got involved in multiple scuffles in the yard. There are still visible scars. One of the worst fights began on a quiet morning, when Praelia and the other dogs had recently risen and their bowls had been filled. In his excitement and frustration, he pushed himself past another dog - a dog higher than him in pack hierarchy. Immediately, aggression was evident. Praelia ignored the other dog, busying himself with food. The large dog grabbed him by the scruff and dragged him away. It rapidly became a serious quarrel, with blood being shed and loud snarls and growls being thrown back and forth. By the time they were pulled apart, both dogs were damaged, Praelia having the worst of it. The most visible blemish that remains is his ear, which was caught by the other dog's tooth and torn.
    Art: all kept here
    current goal: 10 pieces

It  always  seems  impossible  until  it's  done.

- Nelson Mandela
Last edited by Arrows on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:00 am, edited 8 times in total.
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeadlyArcana » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Username: PVRIS
Show Name: Triple Turner
Call Name: Tripod
Mate: --
Collar color: pale purple
How They Lost Their Leg: wip
How They'll Feel Comfortable At Their New Home:
wip
Last edited by DeadlyArcana on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ↬ Arcana/Arc - She/Her ↫
    - Adult User - She/Her
    - Discord: arcanaxx
    - Ghost Artist for Palisade Roping Horses
DeadlyArcana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GREML0RD » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Username:
Show Name:
Call Name:
Sex:
Mate:
Collar color:
GREML0RD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woolly » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Username:
Show Name:
Call Name:
Sex:
Mate:
Collar color:
hanging around collecting butterfly wolves
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fluffy:3 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:59 pm

--Dropping out--
Last edited by Fluffy:3 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quitting!! All pets and items for free!!
Fluffy:3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby warg » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Dropping out, i lost connection c: good luck everyone
Last edited by warg on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Username: Zmei' Vulpe
Show Name:
Call Name: Jasper
Mate:
Collar color:

possible reserve...
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:20 pm

Username: It's Tuesday Again.
Show Name: CCK Oh, My Darling Clementine
Call Name: Clementine
Sex: Female
Sexuality: pansexual (she's been through too much to argue with love. She knows that love is just...love.)
Current Age: 4 human years (28 in dog years)
Mate: If I win her, I will use my custom slot to make her a mate. ^^
Collar color: pure white

Name meaning: Clementine's name means Mercy.

Reason for choosing name: The reason I chose this name is because miraculously she survived despite all of the terrible things that came her way. She fought tooth and nail to keep holding on and someone somewhere saw her struggle, helping her to achieve her goal of survival. She would not be here today had something happened to her in the car accident, or if the authorities had not found them after the accident, or if her leg surgery went horribly wrong, or if Celtic Conan Kennels did not adopt her...something may have gone wrong but at least a lot of things went right to keep her alive and well.

Summarized History: Clementine was born to a large family of dogs and had a lot of siblings from both her litter and her mother's previous litters. Together with her father they all lived on a circus where they worked as a family act. Her trainors were very nice and enjoyed her company. Back then, everyone called her Queena. She wasn't all that into the girly name but over time it grew on her. However, one day the circus went bankrupt and could not afford to stay in business so she, her parents, and all of her siblings were sold off to various new owners. The family that bought her ran a show dog kennel called Blue Torrent Kennels, and the mother and daughter took her in under the name Clementine. They had seen her in past shows and knew that she would make an excellent show dog with the right trainor. Then the accident happened and she was tossed from home to home. People kept trying to take in the hero dog who saved the little girl without really knowing how much work goes into caring for a dog that is missing one of its legs. Then Celtic Conan Kennels found her and took her in. There she has the daily attention and affections of a mother, father, teenage son, and little boy, who all so their best to make it a safe environment.They made sure to do proper research and knew full well what they were getting into when taking her on. They still own her to this day and plan to never ever let her go. The little girl that Clementine saved was adopted by the family as well, and she and Clementine have grown closer than ever before.((That...was kind of a long summary, sorry!))

How did she lose her leg?: Clementine was a champion. A winner. The best, actually. She was on her way to a dog show with her master when the car spun out on the black I'ce that coated the road. Clementine's owner also had a little girl. The mother had not made it through the accident, but the little girl was just barely hanging on. Clementine wrapped around her to share her body heat with the girl, who was too young to open the car door and unlock her seatbelt. When the authorities finally found them, Clementine's leg had swollen from frostbite, and the little girl had tears frozen to her cheeks. If it hadn't been for Clementine's heat, the little girl would have died. Unfortunately, Clementine lost her hind leg to a horrible case of frostbite, and in turn saved the girl's life. She still shows in small competitions for fun, but nothing too extreme. Afterwards she moved from home to home, often at houses that just wanted her because she was famous for saving the little girl and they didnt actually know how to care for a three-legged dog properly. Celtic Conan Kennels then took the hero dog in because everyone wanted her until it was mentioned that she only had three legs. Not a lot of people are willing to care for and give all their attention to a three-legged dog, they are rather high maintenance but we saw her and just had to have her at our kennels. We have done the proper research on how to care for a three-legged dog.

How will I make her feel comfortable?: Prosthetic leg and plenty of friends to keep her company. Her leg has been designed by the best doctors to make her walk feel more natural. However, we know that she also needs to walk around with the prosthetic off sometimes so we'd like to use water therapy tactics to help her practice getting around on only three legs from time to time. We are trying to find a forever mate to keep her happy and let her have some pups to take care of. Since her injury is not hereditary, she can have pups without the worry that they will be affected when born. She also really enjoys playing with her best friend, Luna. She also likes to play with cat toys...not your average dog. Clementine needs a lot of upkeep being a tripod dog. We recognize that she also needs a lot of things to keep her healthy, not just happy. In order to keep her from getting elbow hygroma (An Elbow Hygroma is a fluid-filled swelling around the dog’s elbow), we will make sure that there are lots of soft surfaces for her to lay on around the kennels such as waterbeds and carpets/rugs because elbow hygroma occurs when the elbow bone causes trauma to the soft tissue around it. This usually happens in younger dogs who are constantly lying down, or falling down on a hard surface. It may also happen when a dog leans, or consistently places too much weight on one elbow. It also is very common in dogs with only three legs because the legs that they have are trying to make up for the weight that the other leg would normally carry. We are also trying to give her a healthy, stable diet and make sure that there are no slippery surfaces like tiles or hardwood floors that she can slip on and further injure herself. If there are slick surfaces, we will place carriers and rugs that she can run on over them. We will also keep her slim and well-exercised so that her body has a better chance at fighting off infections/illnesses and a better chance of not falling over from having to support too much weight! To accomplish this, we will take her for relaxing walks, provide obstacle courses that she will be able to accomplish on her three legs, play games of fetch with frisbees and balls, and let her run around with other dogs. We also feel it is very important for her to be treated like any other, normal, healthy dog so that she does not become depressed or exhibit other signs of stress from being treated differently. She will have constant friends to play with as we allow visitors to our kennels so that she can become reacquainted with both human and animal contact. This is so she does not become agressive or fearful of others approaching her, and remains the happy, healthy, and loveable dog we know her to be!

How did she rip her ear?: Her ear was impaled by a sharp stick during the car accident, and after they had found her and taken her to the vet, they had to put her under anesthetic and cut it out so that it did not get infected and injure her further.

Occupation: She is mostly a companion dog, but sometimes does shows that allow her and her new owners often take her to places like colleges so that they can give speeches on how hard it is to care for a three-legged dog properly, but also how worthwihile it can be.

Personality:
brave- Clementine would gladly give her life up to protect someone she cares deeply for. She simply will not standby while someone attemptsto bully, harass, or harm any other. This particular trait has also gotten her into a few troublesome situations that could have been potentially dangerous and is sometimes mistaken by others as stupidity.
sweet- Clementine is a lover, not a fighter. She would much rather have to cuddle you that tackle you and is always looking out for bice gestures and little ways that she can help out thise around her.
forgiving- This may be her best qualiry yet as she is a verry patient, very forgiving creature. However, Clementine knows when you truly want forgiveness and when you are just tryibg to get her to apologize or give another chabce where it is not deserved.
protecrive- She is very protective of other dogs, and humans, that she cares about. She never gets violent to protect them, and her bark is worse than her bite.
loyal- Once a friend, always a friend. When others becone her friend they know they can count on her to keep their secret, provided the secret will not bring physical or emotional pain to another.
innocent- She still has the bright, untainted eyes of a pup that loves to love and doesn't know what hate is. She is very kind and open-minded...never judgy.
determined- Clementine is driven by her limitations. They build up her determination to keep going stronger, faster, and to never back down from what you want. When she wants something, she often gets it. Yet, she always seems to do things fair and square
honest- It is very hard for Clementine to tell a lie and she still doesn't understand how to weave a convincing one. When someone asks her to cover for themshe starts to act suspicious she has tells. For one her hind legs shake like crazy, her ears flatten and her tail wags.
playful- Even though she has been through so many major changes and rough patches throughout her life, she has remained pure of heart and gentle of soul. She is still a pup deep sown inside despite the fact that her experiences have made her wise beyond her dog years. She has the energy of a pup and the agility of a dog that is still attached to all of Its legs.
gentle- Clementine is a sweetheart. She can sense when something is wrong or when someone is upset and immediately attemps to cheer them up with tons of cuddling and warm kisses. She never gets tired of uplifting the spirits of others.
well-tempered- Though most dogs that go through traumatic experiences end up being rather aggressive to other humans, dogs, or other aninals, Clementine has remained a shy, loving, puppy of a dog. She merely ignores those who are aggressive towards her if she does not cower because of the noise and tension being thrown at her.
intelligent- She is undeniably intuitive and smart. Had it not been for her quick thinking, the little girl may have died alongside her mother in that car accident. However, she was wise enough to keep the girl warm, and also call for help when she knew that the little girl desperately needed it.

Relationships:
(Bad-poor-okay-good-great)
Past owners:
Circus owners- good
Mother- good
Little girl- great
Cyclone (I'm Coming For You)- okay
Current Owners:
Mother- good
Father- okay
Teen son- great
Young son- great
(To The Moon And Back)Luna- good
(Little Bit Ghoulish) Ghoul- good
Therapists- okay
Vet- poor

Fears: Snakes, cars, ice/cold/snow, getting wet (rain, baths, etc.), loud noises, earthquakes, needles.

Likes: belly rubs, ear rubs, running (or at least attempting to), squirrels, children, music, food.

Dislikes: The color red, crying (from a child or otherwise), getting haircuts, getting her nails clipped, aggressive or violent dogs, going to the vet, toy dogs (the life-like ones that bark)...they just confuse her.

Skills:
Running, circus stuff, catching tennis balls/frisbees/sticks.

Art:
Piece 1 By lanite
Piece 2 By vixy
Piece 3 By me
Piece 4 By me
Piece 5 By me
Piece 6 By me
Piece 7 By chapter.eleven
Piece 8 By MuffinAnimalJam
Piece 9 By lanite
Piece 10 By DexterMorgan
Piece 11 By art_dancer
Piece 12 By flyteck
Piece 13 By flyteck
Piece 14 By me
Piece 15 By me
Piece 16 By me (WIP, to be uploaded)
Piece 17 By Shimmeri
Piece 18 By foXyane
Piece 19 By THE BARD

Favorite Dream She's racing in a dog race, the first of the line. Second is gaining on her, but she pulls through. She wins! To the moon and back has done it again! She is an inspiration! A beauty! A wonderful sample!! (The view pans out and Luna has all four of her legs back). She always wanted to race...her owner just never had time for extra shows.

Least Favorite Dream: Ice. Its everywhere. The wheels slip out from under them and they're spinning. Spinning out of control on a thin windy road. Clementine's crate unlatches as the car gets jolted around. Something sharp goes through her ear but never leaves it and she howls in agonizing pain. Her leg is stuck under something heavy and is buried beneath a mound of snow that has poured in through the shattered windows. It is cold and she is scared. Her masters. What about them? She sees the mother, her head loling to the side and a red fluid spilt all over. She won't like that. She hates messes...then, a soft cry comes from the corner and Clementine's attention shifts towards the little girl. She is shivering. Her lips are blue and purple and she looks nearly as frightened as Clementine is. She wonders why the mother has not yet helped the little girl, she is usually so attentive to her needs. Clementine takes it upon herself to care for the girl until the mother could do so herself and laid across the girl's body. She whimpers softly and hugs around Clementine's neck as tears roll down her cheeks and freeze halfway down her face. There is a long silence with only the chirping of birds and the squeaks of squirrels to fill it. Then, suddenly, there is a lot of noise: shouting and the barks of other dogs, Clementine can hear sirens in the distance. The little girl has stopped shivering and is no longer making movements. Clementine cries out so that the others can find them, she knowd that there is something wrong here and that her masters need help. Her whine turns into a hoel and quickly draws the authorities to the site of the crash. They begin to help everyone and they move her from the girl's body. Clementine is reluctant to move but knows they are there to help. After that she blacks out in the dream and wakes up.
Clementine began to believe it was just a dream and went to stand up, soon realizing the reality of the situation as she put weight on her back leg that was no longer there: it was not a dream, but a memory. A terrible, terrible memory.

Theme Songs:
Dreams (cover by Bastille ft. Gabriella Aplin. Original by Fleetwood Mac)
Great Big Storm (by Nate Reuss)
Safe & Sound (by Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars)
Stitches (by Shawn Mendes)
Get Home (by Bastille)
○Radio by Lana Del Rae wrote:Not even they can stop me now
Boy, I be flying overhead
Their heavy words can’t bring me down
Boy I've been raised from the dead

No one even knows how hard life was
I don't even think about it now because
I finally found you
Oh, sing it to me

Now my life is sweet like cinnamon...

(The rest is bad so I cut it out...but this part represents her!)

(I am going to have a hard time doing this super prettied-up and fancily because I am on mobile, but I will do my best)
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 45 times in total.
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me