Time spent 1 hour, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Parrapup #248 (Closed)

Postby .Fluffy. » Sat May 09, 2015 10:37 am

Proud founding species of "No Form Left Behind"
Make sure to mark the main thread!
Parrapups, or Parras, are an omnivorous, aviary quadrupedal species that originated from tropical areas, but after they were domesticated, they gained more levels of fur and different beaks. All parras spend a lot of time cleaning themselves, and preening their feathers if they have wings. Parras come with a variety of tails and beaks, but good luck finding one that does! Having a large gene pool Parras also have the chance to show some mutations. They come in a large variety of colors including bright neons and dull greys. All parras are a very social in some way and love to whistle, sing, and chatter to others- Parra or not!

Here is a desert parra <3 This will be a story based competition.
You can tell a story how you met the parra? Or Why the parra is in the desert? Anything! Creativeness is key C:
Try for happy endings.
Keep the story chickensmoothie appropriate.
If you need to send the story in pm, write it on another forum, things like that, you may.
Please keep in mind, do not add art if you are not okay with the winner receiving it.

Fill out this form:
Code: Select all
Username:
Parra's name:
Parra's gender:
Story (max 2000 words limit):
Parra's song:
Optional 1 peice of art:

This will end in 2 weeks May 22nd May 25th
Last edited by .Fluffy. on Tue May 26, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

art wrote:Commissions:
OPEN for WERMS or WL Bribes
Pm me!

links wrote:⭐TH
art by me
.Fluffy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Parrapup #248

Postby rem sleep » Sat May 09, 2015 10:37 am

screaming mark
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elephant Graveyard » Sat May 09, 2015 10:52 am

omg that looks like my first ever oc! Agh I must win it, Off to doodle land then!

Username: Miss Hippie
Parra's name: Bullet
Parra's gender: Male
Story (max 2000 words limit): (This story will go along with the picture so I'm going to post them at the same time for no spoilers ;))
Parra's song: The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy (Nightcore mix is better but whatever cx)
*Story Will Be Here*

Optional 1 peice of art: Image

MAJOR WIP FOR STORY
Last edited by Elephant Graveyard on Sat May 09, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elephant Graveyard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Safe Haven » Sat May 09, 2015 11:04 am

Res with the name Mark
The Safe Haven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Free Shade » Sat May 09, 2015 11:08 am

Username: Free Shade
Parra's name: Horus
Parra's gender: Male
Story (max 2000 words limit): working on it.
Parra's song: -- undecided --
Optional 1 peice of art: working on it.
(art above by Hoggnunsstern)

Do you remember Kiamaras from way back 10 years ago? You ever wonder what happened to them after all these years after the move to DA?
Well, they're now an easy going ARPG with a website and quests! Most quests have low entry requirements and have multiple tiers of rewards. There's also a free MYO for new users who don't have a Kia yet!
There's also a discord for the community where you can ask for help with quests, chat with other users, and actively seek out Kias that are being traded and sold as well as new adopts!

If you're interested at all feel free to click the image above to be taken to the Kiamara website!
If you want to join the discord at all, feel free to dm me and I can send you a link to it.
Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gold » Sat May 09, 2015 11:56 am

Mark
she/her -- polya gay -- infp -- comrade

ImageImageImage
gold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CorruptedSong » Sat May 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Username:
CorruptedSong

Parra's name:
Dune

Parra's gender:
Female

"She was stood a few feet from me, her beak gaping and her wings spread out. A beautiful beast, more majestic than I could have imagined. She stared at me, as though she was standing her ground. I started to back away, hands in the air. Yet she followed me! At first glance, she seemed to be attacking me, so I swatted at her with a hand, only to find her gentle beak around my wrist, guiding it towards her right eye. She stopped, positioning my hand at an angle and grabbing a small shard of glass from the ground. I saw her use it to reflect the suns rays off of my watch, using it to magnify the details. "GENIUS!" I remember crying out, "ABSOLUTELY GENIUS!" She didn't stare though, she kept one eye on her work, the other eyeing me with a look that seemed to suggest that I was stupid or something. That's when I noticed the map-"
Grandpa said, pulling a tattered piece of paper from his pocket.

"Whatever-" I replied, Playing with Dune was much more fun that grandpas old tales- yes I was intrigued, Dune was a very intellectual parrapup, yet I didn't want to listen to more of grandpas chittering, I'd maybe just have to ask Dune herself...

"Mmmm. I was once lone parra, as grandpa said, but I not now. How about get some sleep?" Dune suggested, when I asked her, clearly avoiding the question.
"What about the map?!" I exclaimed, not wanting to sleep quite yet.
"The map? Oh- map. Yes. Grandpa keep the map. yes, yes. bed. Quick. Snore. ZZZZZ." Dune batted me, pushing me towards the sofa.

I'd have to wait for now- but maybe I'd find out soon- maybe, just maybe.

"Over mountains of baking gold, tomb lies, lined with riches beyond compare..."
Dune started to sing, lulling me into a deep slumber.
"And with one look, explorer sighed, he wouldn't enter, he didn't dare.
Maybe you'll find tomb, but where oh where...?"

Parra's song:
Riptide-Vance Joy

Optional 1 peice of art: <If I can, I'll try and get this commissioned, if not, I'm sorry! Just count the form without the art ^~^>
Last edited by CorruptedSong on Sun May 24, 2015 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

“It sounds plausible enough tonight, but wait until tomorrow.
Wait for the common sense of the morning.”

A tired literature student who lives off of gingerbread chai tea and Dickens novels.
I also study media & film, working towards higher education in all three subjects.
I'm Irish & British, currently living in England. My favourite place on earth is the
Healy Pass, my favourite word is "grandiloquence", and my favourite novel is
"Rebecca" by Daphne Du Maurier.

My PMs are always open, and I'm a very chatty soul-
In other words, please talk to me, I'm probably lonely!

ImageImageImage
My kalons
My tsukai
CorruptedSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lost soul » Sat May 09, 2015 12:37 pm

That moment when the perfect parra walks in the room...
...and you realize you really want to see someone else win it...

Whoever wins this beaut, I'd love to rp with ya! Also I might do gift art... maybe...
Last edited by The Lost soul on Sun May 10, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-adult-asocial(likely schizoid)-
DA
No art trades.
Commissions are Closed

sick.
The Lost soul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelshy » Sat May 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Username:
Parra's name:
Parra's gender:
Parra's song:
Optional 1 peice of art:

^^WIP

Dropped.
Last edited by angelshy on Sun May 10, 2015 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
- ̗̀ xangel/shy | she/they | my kalons | my charactersx ̖́-
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Sat May 09, 2015 1:06 pm

To clarify: I own Saudae and Stark is another parra I am currently trying out for here. I have art involving her with Stark in his form that can be seen when his contest ends.

The hot sandy dunes shifted with a gentle breeze, a rather parched fire colored parrapup trudged on as one paw stumbled over the other and his tongue lapped against his dry beak. The wingless bird squinted light blue eyes up at the glaring sun as the heat overwhelmed his body. A huff escaped him, collapsing in the desert grave below. Sore limbs fought to lift the male's body back up to no avail, his head tilting to one side in a lazy manner. Before he could rest his tired eyes, a shadow whisked over him and kicked up a gust of wind. His consciousness submitted to the dark.

The brown striped parra coughed and choked as water was poured onto his face. Jumping to his feet the male blinked frantically and whipped his head around until they laid on a rather graceful lithe form. Was he being subject to a mirage from a heat stroke or was there a beautiful creature standing before him.

Her beak cracked a smile, a gentle voice escaping it.

“I brought you some water. You didn't look so good so I figured you could use some help.” Her appearance radiated a formal air, standing squarely with straight posture. “What's a weary traveler like you doing all the way out in the desert?” She pulled out a flask hidden under brown freckled wings.

“I could ask you the same thing.” He laughed in amusement, gratefully taking the object from the other parra as he guzzled the clear moisture. It soothed his scratchy throat. With a sigh, the male stretched after returning the small pouch back to it's owner. “I'm Saudae and traveler would be correct. I go wherever my feet carry me. I don't usually prepare for more intense trips such as this one.” Saudae mused. “And to whom do I owe the pleasure?” A goofy smile cracked his beak, relaxing his muscles while a small gust of wind ruffled the fur atop his head.

The female parra preened her feathers, pausing as the other bird asked her name. “Neferti. My followers tend to call me by my full name but please, just call me Neffa.”

“Followers?” Just what kind of standing did this female hold. She almost screamed royalty, of course Saudae wasn't one to take such things into notice. He wagged his tail playfully and nodded. “Neffa it is then. Say, why don't you show me around? I'd love to see where you and your... followers live.”

Neferti's smile faded, becoming serious. “I don't think that's a good idea. Besides, it's much too far of a walk. If you had wings it'd be different.” She tried to throw an excuse.

“Alright then Neffa. Then why don't you help me find my way out of this desert? I don't want to end up like a fried chicken.” Saudae laughed in amusement once more, something about how carefree and reckless this parra was intrigued Neferti. She truly loathed his lack of responsibilities.

“It's funny you say that. I was looking for a way out of this desert myself.” The sand colored female chirped, spreading her massive wings. “This is the farthest I've traveled from my home. I've heard stories but never really experienced a lot of things. I bet you have quite the few stories yourself.” Neferti replied.

Saudae hummed, a purr rising in his throat. “How on earth could you have guessed that? You don't get out much? Why are you trying to leave the desert? You seem like you belong here, if we're being honest.” He didn't realize all the questions he had just thrown at the other parra.

She brought her wings back to her sides, remembering the other bird could not fly. As Neferti walked past Saudae he soon followed after her. “I just want to get away for a while. You don't know what it's like being me.” The sandy parra tried to keep the bitterness out of her formal tone. “I think the way you came is the only way out of this place Saudae. Do you remember which way you came?”

“Heck if I know.” He chuckled with a shrug. “It all looks the same for miles now.”

“Do you mind if I tag along then? Until we get out of the desert?” She blushed, stopping in her tracks with a glance back at Saudae until he caught up with her.

His feet stopped as their faces met for a moment “Sure. I don't see why not.” Blue eyes blinked up at the sun, his tail swaying lazily back and forth. “Is it always so hot in this place Neffa?”

It was her time to laugh. “Yes Saudae. It's the desert. Sometimes it gets a bit chillier at night, but not much.”

“I hope you can keep up when you're used to flying. It's a good day or so walk if we even manage to go the right way.” The flame colored parra retorted, the female behind him merely nodded in determination.

“That a challenge?” A smirk rising to her beak with piercing golden eyes.

Saudae chuckled, kicking up sand as he broke into a sprint and hollered back behind him. “Only if you want it to be Neffa!”

As the day drew on and the sun set behind them, both parras settled down for the night. Saudae told stories about places Neferti never even imagined existed like the vast oceans and underground mazes with hidden hot springs.

“I never imagined someone who doesn't fly could see so much and I so little.” She shifted, resting her head on her paws. A smile crept onto her face as she scooted to one side to rest against the fire pelted male. “Thank you Saudae.”

The male parra blinked in confusion with a goofy grin. “Sure. No problem. I think..”

Her golden eyes slowly began to close, she muttered. “Goodnight Saudae.”

“Night Neffa.” He chuckled, folding his paws over each other as he let his head rest to the opposite side away from her. His long tail flicking across hers as he lidded his own blue eyes, only to close them to drift off into slumber.

The next day they started up early, the sun just beginning to rise over the dunes. Before the glaring orb of fire could reach it's peak the two had traveled far enough to the edge of the desert, the grains of sand turning into soil. Trees towered near the outskirts of the forest before them.

“Whelp, looks like we made it.” Saudae smirked, letting the soil shift beneath his paws. It was cool and refreshing compared to the rough voyage across the desert.

But Neferti wasn't paying attention to her new surroundings, her ears pinned to her small skull as golden eyes widened at the sound of flapping wings behind them. In a desperate attempt to camouflage herself she dove into a patch of nearby bushes with a whisper. “Don't let them find me.”

Blue eyes spun around to face two rather large looking male parrapups that donned similar attire wore by his new acquaintance. One was large and dark with ghost-like eyes. He held himself with high status. “You there. Traveler.”

“Who? Me?” Saudae blinked in confusion, then remembered he was supposed to be alone. “Oh yeah, I guess me. Who else would you be talking to?” He laughed.

“Yeah twinkle toes, I meant the trees behind you.” The darker colored bird scoffed before landing in front of the flame colored male. “I don't suppose you've seen a sandy babe with brown wings fly by have ya?” Something about this other parrapup seemed rather cool if not trusting. Almost making Saudae want to tell him.

“Hurry up and quit playing around Stark.” The other lighter male groaned with impatience as he flapped his wings in place.

“So yeah, if you could do me a real solid and tell me if you've seen this babe or not, so my colleague will get off my back!” Stark growled a warning behind him towards the other parrapup.

“Ah, yeah I think I did actually...” Saudae began.

Neferti's chest began to pound, would he really rat her out only to have them take her back?! She tried to keep as still as possible to avoid attention being brought to where she was hiding.

“I saw her fly off in that direction. You just missed her. Gold eyes and white spots on the tips of her wings?” The fire pelted male lied through his beak, gesturing in a random direction away from them.

“Yeah that's her, ah thanks.” Stark nodded, lifting his large wings up back into the air with the other parra.

With a sigh, Neferti poked her head out the bushes after the coast was clear. “I owe you big time Saudae.”

“Sure. What were those guys looking for you for?” Saudae furrowed his brows in confusion.

“I'll explain to you later, we better get moving. Stark isn't easy to fool.” Neferti replied.

The darker colored male stopped midair suddenly with a face contorted in anger. “Wait! We've been duped!” Stark snarled.

“How do you know that? He's just a random stranger, there's no way you could know if he was telling the truth or not.” The other male gave Stark a confused glance.

“If that's so true then how come he knew what Neferti's wings looked like from the top?” Stark narrowed his eyes at his comrade who in turn widened his own eyes.

By the time the two had returned, they were gone however.

“You really think she's tagging along with that guy?” The lighter colored male retorted.

“He vouched for her, she just really couldn't stand being the heir to the throne could she?” Stark huffed in dismay, eyes locking onto the dirt path in front of them.

“Should we go after them? We can't fly with this canopy of trees in the way.” Stark's partner growled, ears pinning back with the fur on the nape of his neck rising.

“No. You head back and report to the higher ups. I'm going on ahead. Maybe I can talk some sense into Neferti.” The darker parra huffed.

Before the other bird could fly off he shook his head. “If anyone can talk sense into someone, it's you Stark.” His wings spread wide, taking off back into the desert.

“Enjoy your freedom while you can, Nef.” Stark brought his wings in after landing on the soft soil, walking onto the beaten path and disappearing into the depths of the forest.

Art will be pm'd to the judge(s)
Last edited by winkatuck on Mon May 25, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Hey, I'm Wink and I own Goblin Gators!
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me