Based on Click to view
Artist Thebrownwolf [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Poculum Warg #62 - Spirit of Lights

Postby Thebrownwolf » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:57 am

As you trudge through the snow on a dark afternoon,
a Poculum Warg darts past you, pushing a wave of snow over you.
You watch it run and jump playfully through the snow, seemingly
creating an orb of light wherever it goes. It seems a bit smaller than
average. It takes a while before the energetic poculum notices you,
but when it does it happily trots over to you. As the poculum stands
in front of you, illuminating the snow around it, you feel a little warmer.

Can you impress the Spirit of Lights?

To impress this event Poculum, show me an impressive/pretty picture of lights (can be anything with light like candles, etc) and fill out the form below!
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name[/b] (Can be nicknamed/have an alternate name): Spirit of Lights
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rarity:[/b] Northrare
[b]Story:[/b]
[b]Picture:[/b]

Prettying up, decorating, extras, etc are strongly encouraged. nun

Competition ends December 25th at 12:00 a.m.

This lovely warg is lightly inspired by red squirrels. (X) c:
Status wrote: Commisions: Closed
Art Trades: Closed

Thebrownwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Poculum Warg #62 - Spirit of Lights

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:03 am

Dashing through the snow...
In a one-horse-open sleigh!

Over the the fields we go!

Over the fields we go laughing all the way (hahaha)Username: Hello Ax The Andalite here! I am a proud owner of 2 wargs, Tobias and Iris!
Name : Spirit of Lights, Nicknamed Spirit.
Rarity: Northrare
Story:
Chapter 1, Dashing through the snow;;

It was snowing. Then again every day this year it was snowing, I did not understand why. Snow bursted everywhere I lifted my rainbow paw pads with distaste. The candles lit the way, illuminating the way. It was dark, oh yes. I shivered, even though I was a spirit. Misty air came from each breath. I was breathing heavy. My ears perked, I heard something. In the inky black night, nothing was seen but myself. I lifted my large limbs and hopped through the snow gracefully. My thick bushy tail swung. The wreath around my neck kept me warm a little. I threw my large head back and howled through the night, playfully. It echoed eearily. My emerald green eyes glittered. The orb above my head lit up the night. I swiveled my head around hearing humans, and horse hooves. I saw a one-horse-open-sleigh dashing around outside, I howled and yowled with surprise. I muttered something and leaped away, nimbly. "WOLF!" Cried a girl,pointing at me urgently.
"Or is it a squirrel?" Asked another. "No! Its the spirit of the lights!" Yelled one. How did they know who I was. "Yes, look!" They all cried. I snarled and pulled away from their grasp. "Its vicious, mommy!" One said. No I was not I was just surprised and scared at there precence.
I ran until my multi colored pawpads ached and hid up a tree I was small enough too.

Chapter 2, Suggesting a home;;
Another PW A scratch-art looking one with a brown steampunk one beside her came up to me.
"Wh-who are you?!" I stammered, pulling away.
"The names Iris," Said the rainbow scratch art one. "Mine is Tobias," The kind brown steampunk one whispered quietly. The both howled throwing back their heads, it echoed through the silent night. "Are you the Spirit Of The Lights?" Iris Asked. "Yes But please calle me Spirit," I said tentivly. My paws ached, I stayed in the tree orb glowing. My eyes closed, as I fell asleep.
The jewls that lined my tail apparently poked at Tobias since I heard a soft squeal. "Where am I?" I asked, feverishly. Oh no! My candles were out! That ment I was sick! I needed help, What did I have to lose, why not ask the 2 PWS standing right there. "I am sick, could you guys help me in any way?" I asked. "We can offer a home!" Iris said boldly.

Chapter 3 Tentative Response;;
I was not so sure, I was worried, what if the home was bad? I was not so sure. "I-I don't know." I
said, a feverish grin pressed on my face. I blew life into the candles around my neck, the best I could. The lights that strung my tail were glowing dimly. "Why, you look like Tobias in a storm, all yucky and sick!" Said Iris. "Y-yeah I know I am terribly sick." I said. "Than accespt are offer we only want to help you! Are owner is fabulous. "Yo-you sure?" I said my teeth chattering, despite that it was not cold, I was just sick. I sighed. "Alright I accept your offer, therefore I will go on the journy home!" I said.
Chapter 4, Journey;;
We walked, until I could not walk than they half-dragged half carried me off into the night. The sun set when I got there, we cheered. When we got in, their owner gave me medical help right away. Then when I was healed they played with me. I smiled a wolfish grin. Then they gave me christmas cookies and set me by the fireplace. I was for once happy!
Chapter 5;; Having fun!;;
I romped playfully in the snow, with Tobias and Iris. Wacking snowballs at them with my tail. They giggled. And laughed. They excitedly ran around in circles, both grinning ear-to-ear. We howled, it echoed everywhere. I hopped around and jumped! I have never been so happy! I leaped, tounge lolling out. We threw snowballs, my candles glimmering wildly.
Last chapter Happy Ending;;
I felt safe and warm and safe where I was, I never wanted to go back. I was so happy and excited. I lived my life there, happily throwing snowballs with the bests friends I have known.
Chapter 6, Friends;;
I cheered with my friends, I loved them they were sweet and cared about me. The snow pelted down. This time I loved the snow. The lights on me shimmered brightly. It glowed throught the night, making every PW stare with cheer, and joy. One little PW pulled the wreath off my neck. I smiled a bright, cheery smile that seemed to glow around the world. I caroled, I may not sing as good as the caroling warg, but I can still sing ok. Snow covered my whole fur, the young, and old PW huddled next to me to stay warm, I wrapped my bushy tail around them. I wrapped my bow around a little PW.
Chapter 7, Glittering lights;;
My bright smile was even more pretty than the lights it shimmered. The PWS "Oooed" And "Ahhed" At my markings and lights. My lights flickered and went out, then shined again. "OOO!" Shouted the PWS. The holly orb of mine glowed faintly. Snow pelted. While the other PWS left and went to there dens, I waited and watched the beutiful galaxy, I had amazing eyesight. I could see comets and the milky way. My feathery ears swiveled. I padded lightly across the snow covered field. My rainbow paw pads where like snow shoes. I noticed a star, shining so bright it hurt my keen eyesight. A jingle of bells. And sparkles flew. I saw Iris prancing around. It was the caroling warg. She\he sung an amzing song that chimed throughout the dark forest. It was gourgeous. "Happy Holidays, Spirit Of The Lights!" The warg chanted.
Chapter 8, North Star;;
I walked along the inky black forest. My keen eyesight made me able to see everthing. The fir trees leaned to one side, toward me.I breathed a frosty, misty breath. Iris giggled, Tobias stayed silent, but pointed his tail in the direction of a beautiful star, the northstar! I was giddy. I laughed watching it, my eyes were glued to it, or so it seemed. Until dawn, when it burnt out. I sighed, dreamily. I looked at the houses, with rainbows of lights glimmering along it. Iris was in a slow trot beside me. My long, tail like a fountain twitched lightly, enoguh to wake tobias, who was dozing off beside me. "Yowch" He said, simply. "Oops sorry, I forgot I have 4 sharp jewls on the end of my tail!" I muttered. I blew out the candle on my neck, since my breath was freezing. Tobias's electrified tail zipped and zapped for a few minutes. "Ow, it hurts when my tail does that." Tobias grumbled.
Chapter 9, Now seeing the Aurora Borealis;;
I gasped and pointed like crazy to a array of colorful, sparkly lights glimmering. They shimmered faintly far off. But my impeccable eyesight caught sight of it. I could tell Iris and Tobias saw it too. "look!" Hissed Iris. "I know." I murmred, barely audible. The doily like marking on my back was softly glowing from the candlelight which was now lit. The lights lightly and faintly glowed. It was an amazing sight. It was magical.
Chapter 10, Return;;
We walked a long jouney home, I burrowed a den and put my puffy tail around me, the warmth glided throughout my body. I was a happy PW. "Happy Holidays," I murmered softly. I sighed dreamily. The wind howled, as if it were a wolf. My orb shined a soft glow across the snow. The glow was muted, almost. My candles around my neck burned the snow a little bit, holes about the size of a penny were in the snow. I chittered a little sound and flicked my elagant tail. I shivered a soft, swaying shiver. "Silver bells..... Silver bells!" Sang the caroling warg, it was like a soft lullaby. I slept peacefully.
Chapter 11, Iris;;
Iris seemed so happy today. Its christmas! I remembered.
"Merry Christmas, Spirit!" She chirped, excitedly.
"Uh, Oh! You too!" I mumbled.
She handed me a tiny package. I opened it, inside was a small blue light with the words to: Spirit from: Iris. I grinned happily. I handed her my gift. She opened it, tentitively she revealed a pinecone with a candle melted on top, the pinecone was a candleholder. She smiled politely.
Chapter 12, Tobias;;
"What about Tobias, where is he?" I asked. "Coming!" Said the quiet voice that was Tobias. He came in. He handed me a brown paper package. I opened it. Inside was 3 candles one that was colored like me, one that was like Tobias and the other was like Iris. I gasped, it was gourgeous.
I handed him my gift, a teeny cog. He grinned.
Chapter 13, special;;
Everyone got in a circle around me chirping "Spirit of the light, spirit of the lights! Helps christmas happen! Makes holiday cheer!"
I grinned my pearly white cone-like teeth shown. The grin was ear-to-ear. I cried out, with happiness. My black mixed with pink tounge lolled out. I howled. It was music to all the PWS ears. They smiled. They shreiked in erupting laughter. "I am the Spirit Of The Lights, No PW can change that, but unlike before, I enjoy spreading holiday cheer, I enjoy being unique!" I yelped ominously. I was happy, thick white snow pelted against my equally thick fur. My feathery ears pricked up, I listened, in the distance a soft echo like a lullaby rippled across the howling wind. I listened, my ears straining.
Chapter 14, Investigate;;
I sniffed around, my round black nose twitching. My tail swayed softly in the breeze, like a baby pine tree, ready to get torn out by the wind. My long ears were pressed against my skull. I howled into the wind, loudly, then a howl came out from another thing. I began to trudge against the snow, listening. It sounded like a timber wolf. It was a soft, echo in the breeze. My fur was ruffled. The howl was piercing, I trotted on. I came across a pack of ordinary wolves.
"Look, creature leave us alone!" Shouted the leader, her teeth bared. "Yeah!" Giggled an small omega. "Hahaahaha!" Shouted the beta. Tears stung my eyes, I ran till my pawpads were worn out.
Chapter 15, Tobias, Iris, and I;;
My large eyes were on Tobias and Iris, I sighed.
"Where were you?!!?" Asked Iris, placidly.
"No where, its the day after christmas, so I kind of have to not be seen, I cannot be seen by you 2! Until it is close to Christmas!" I hissed.
Chapter 16, year later;;
It was christmas again, christmas carols were being chirped and sung by PWS.
I was shown, the new, young PWS gasped. The lights strung on me flicked, then lit up, it shined around the world. Or so it felt. The PWS smiled they were excited. Young PWS opened wrapped presents, laughs filled the air. It was a splendid sight something I have never seen before. The Caroling Warg sung songs to the sweet little children. I handed out lights for the tree and presents. I was stunned with the kindness everyone showed. hugs were handed out.
Chapter 17, Love;;
I loved today. It was my favorite time of year. For friends and family. For old and young. Everyone showed great amounts of kindness I was overjoyed. Bells rang out there sweet melody. I could not be happier!
"Merry Christmas to all!" I shouted.
The end!
Picture:

Deck the halls with bows of holly!
~Spirit

Getting deeper in;;;
Pig Headed-;Determained;-Sweet;-Shy;-Kind;-Quiet.

Pig-Headed;;
You heard right! She is stubborn and will never give up until she gets what she wants, believe me.
Determained;;
As said, she is extremly determained, always wants everything and is never going to give up.
Sweet;;
She cares about everyone, and is very, very sweet about it.
Shy;;
Like in the story, she is untrusting but is sweet to her friends and other PWS.
Kind;;
She loves being caring and kind to others, she helps people get in the holiday spirit!
Quiet;;
She rarely talks, usually just smiles or frowns or whatever.

Jingle Bells Beginning Lyrics Wrote;;
Dashing through the snow
In a one-horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go
Laughing all the way
Bells on bobtail ring
Making spirits bright
What fun it is to ride and sing
A sleighing song tonight!
(chorus)

Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way.
Oh! what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh.
Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way;
Oh! what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh.
Last edited by Rocky Road Raccoon on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
Rocky | He/Him | Disabled and Chronically ill so activity fluctuates depending on energy | I draw funny little characters!

They call me Rocky cuz I'm LOSING
If I do something wrong, DO NOT hesitate to call me out on it! I'll try my best to listen!
My TH If you need to credit!
Wondering who the weird little cats I draw on oekaki being funny are? Meet the Vagabonds!
Art Trades - Design Trades: Open
Requests: Open [So long as you don't rush me! I prioritize trades!]
Commissions Closed
I don't do artfight! I know a lot of people ask me about this so I just wanted to clarify!
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☕The Christmas Spirt||

Postby Sugar Buck » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:56 am

The Basics|| wrote:Username||
∞ Infinity Delta ★
Name||
Noel which is French for
Christmas!
{{Her nickname is Spirit of Lights}}
Gender||
A lovely girl
Sexuality||
Straight
Zodiac||

Rarity||
Northrare.
Picture||
X

Shoveling Deeper|| wrote:Age||
Noel is immortal
Personality||
Kind||Smart||Musical||Shy||Weak
Favourites||
Xmas song:
A wassiling
Color
Red and green
Tv show
WAKFU
Movie
It's Christmas Charlie brown!

Just. HNGGGGG. This baby is so adorable!!!

||Story||
Last edited by Sugar Buck on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:58 am, edited 9 times in total.
Sugar Buck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZC. » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Username:
Azure Ember
Name:
Spirit of Lights
Nickname:
Mora
Genderfluid (I mean, biologically, they're a girl, but the gender they choose to identify with changes.)
Rarity:
Northrare
Sexual Orientation:
Bisexual
Romantic Orientation:
Aromantic
Zodiac:
Pisces
Other information:
The orbs of light that seem to tirelessly chase after it are actually faeries that are following it for the time being. Eventually, they will disperse and new faeries will have their turn to be the lights with the Spirit of Lights.
Story:
Once, there was a young little Poculum Warg by the name of Mora. In the winter, they always enjoyed helping others by giving them things such as coats, hats and blankets in order for them to keep warm. They, however, did not need a coat or anything of that sort to keep warm because of their thick fur. Once, they were walking through the forest and found a small glowing orb - an unconscious fairy! Mora took it in, and tucked it inside of its fur. Once they got home, the fairy woke up. As thanks for saving her, she gave her powers over light-refracting crystals and a new title - the Spirit of Lights, to show that she would always help anyone who would be in need - and that is how the Spirit of Lights first came to be.
Now, however, the Spirit of Lights wanders the world, having long ago forgotten these events that have transpired. Now, they bring happiness and joy wherever they go, albeit wondering where they got this ability, and at what moral and metaphysical consequences.

Last edited by ZC. on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Marshall / Zir-Con / Mod Owl / He/Him or They/Them / Trans FtM
I used to be Erbynn!!
ZC.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krycifer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:52 pm

So much mark.
Krycifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Im not here » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:26 pm

GraceDraws
Spirit of Lights
Male
North Rare
Story
"Gather 'round children to hear the story of the Mythical Spirit, the Spirit of Lights," she opened the book and read to the children "It was a cold December night when all inside the house was still, when the only sound of the fire the room to fill" she flipped the page "the children all cozy and warm in their beds with sugar plum fairies dancing in their heads, yet one small child could not fall asleep no matter how many times she counted sheep" she flipped the page "when a light bright as day had light up the barren cold land, a sound like the little elves in a marching band. The little child had run and put on their boot, looking for the other finding it covered in soot" she flipped the page, "the small child ran outside with nothing but a jacket and their small little pajamas "when they heard a sound and cried out 'Wamas!'" she flipped the page "there were elves dancing around a large beautiful creature with designs of plenty, and she saw little elves just about any! The small child had walked up to the big beast, and in front of him was a large feast. His flame burned bright for all to see, for he was the topping of the Christmas Tree." she flipped the final page "The great beautiful creature climbed on top of the great big tree, as all the elves cheered with glee. 'Tonight there will be Christmas for every child, may they sleep tonight tender and mild'. The great beast had looked at the child using a simple spark had lit the tree for all of the children of the world to see." she closed the book "and thats how the Spirit of lights, came to be"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- under construction -

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- under construction -

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Im not here

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Basic Info wrote:Username:
My username is Simonpet.
I am owner of Daniel and
Denver, two other Poculum
Wargs.
Name:
I would name this PW Aliera,
known to strangers as Spirit
of Light.
could she be?
know how old she is.
Zodiac:
Aliera's Zodiac sign is
Capricorn.
Family:
Aliera's mother and father
died out centuries ago.
She is unsure of whether
or not she had any siblings.
Friends:
Aliera's friends died long
ago.
Enemies:
Aliera's enemies died long
ago.
Rarity:
Aliera is a Northrare.

A Bit Deeper wrote:Personality:
Aliera is a kind and smart PW. Though
she doesn't have a word for every occasion,
she does her best to help others. She is
good at innovating as well as figuring out
solutions to seemingly impossible problems.
Though she isn't a genius, Aliera is fairly
smart, and more often than not, knows
when to and when not to do things. Aliera
is said to be funny, though she doesn't know
why. She doesn't understand how such a
serious and distant thing like her could be
funny. In serious situations that could harm
her as well as others, she often doesn't know
what to do, as she is torn between saving herself
and saving others. More often than not, she
tries to help the other, unless she sees that there
is no known way to help them.
History:
Though too long ago for Aliera to remember,
she was born on Christmas day, and was said
to be 'blessed by the gods themselves.' She
became Spirit of Light some time after her
parents died. She doesn't remember exactly
how it happened, but knows that it had
something to do with a light talking to her
about how she was 'fit for the role,' and
eventually going inside her. After that, she
became immortal, though not immune to
injuries and diseases of body and mind. She
wandered the world, bringing light and
happiness to others. She still does, and hopes
that someday, she will find a friend to quell
her loneliness.

Story wrote:Aliera couldn't remember the past, so she tried to think about the present. But it was hard to when you were alone with no one to talk to. And she had no friends. At least, none that she could remember. She sighed, thinking about her forgotten past. She couldn't remember her family, friends, anyone who she had known. They were all gone. Dead. It was hard for Aliera to be happy, when she had almost nothing to be happy about. Well, unless you count the sight of others being happy, knowing that you were the one who helped them. Aliera walked in the snow, thinking to herself. Oh, if only she had a friend to talk to! That friend would know everything, and Aliera wouldn't have to bear the burden alone. But eventually, that friend would grow old and die. What a depressing thought. Just as the brown Warg was about to head back the way she came, she heard a voice. "Hey! Wanna come in?" Aliera turned around, and saw a little orange, yellow and black patterned Warg. It was a male, and a child too. "Sure, I'll come in," Aliera replied. It never occured to her that a young Warg should have been inside his or her house at this time of night. "Where do you live?" The smaller Warg pointed a paw back at the village. "That way!" The little male bounded off. "You coming?" Aliera started to walk in the direction of the paw prints, as the boy was out of sight. Just as she passed the first row of houses, she felt something cold hit her tail. A peal of laughter soon followed. Aliera shook her tail, and turned around. She saw the male grinning at her, with another snowball in his paws. He threw it at her, and ran off. "Oh, I'll get you," Aliera muttered, more amused than annoyed. She made a snowball and set it on her tail, careful to avoid the lights tied onto it. With a quick flick, the snowball was sent by air mail, to the other Warg. It hit him, and the two were launched into a snowball fight. It was the most fun Aliera had had in years.
Time passed, and the two were soon cold and snow-covered. A door opened, and a big, brown Poculum Warg came out. He spotted the two, and called to the younger one. "Daniel! What are you doing out there so late?" The big Warg eyed Aliera's lights and wreath, but didn't say anything about them. "You were supposed to be back here, lets see..." The Warg pretended to check his watch. "...several hours ago! What were you doing?" The Daniel, which Aliera realized was the younger Warg, replied. "Denver, I was just gonna invite this girl to our house. But yaknow, I kinda got carried away..." Denver, the big Warg shook his head at Aliera. "Well, are you going to come in? Sorry about Daniel, he is such a troublemaker."
"He wasn't a problem," Aliera muttered. Denver smiled as if he understood her nervousness. "Well, what is your name?" This was one of the questions that Aliera most hated. She hadn't used her real name in centuries. But 'Spirit of Lights' still sounded weird. "M-m-my name is S-spirit of Lights," Aliera stammered. Denver cocked his head like he didn't believe her, but once more didn't ask. He turned around. "Are you, or are you not coming in?" Aliera smiled, and went inside to the best Christmas of her life.

Picture wrote:Take your pic. I couldn't decide between this, this, or this. None of these are mine
Last edited by Simonpet on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Status wrote:Who's excited to study fly intestines?
Me! I'm excited to study flies! (I
swear it's more interesting than it
sounds.)
Dragon Cave wrote:Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xFrizzySmoothiex » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 am

Username:Frozenlily25
Name (Can be nicknamed/have an alternate name): Spirit of Lights
Rarity: Northrare
Story: It was dark and cold. It felt like I was trapped in an oblivion. Snow fell heavily onto my fur. I felt cold, and shivered throughout my walk. I kept trudging through the snow, oh how it was so cold. I look above me at the Northern Lights, "Beautiful" I say to my self as I bury my head into my scarf. I see a light in front of me, I stop to look at it, "What is that?' I question my self as a move towards the glowing lights. W.I.P (Still)
Picture: Image
Last edited by xFrizzySmoothiex on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
xFrizzySmoothiex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thebrownwolf » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:52 am

bump uvu
Status wrote: Commisions: Closed