Drawing sessions 4
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

DAM: Red Roan Varnish Roan

Postby Cloud' » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:24 am

Owner: Lichenfeather
Horse's Name: Ceryx aka Bring It On
Height: 14.3 h
Rarity: Uncommon
Last edited by Cloud' on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cloud'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DAM: Red Roan Varnish Roan

Postby PolarizedVertigo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:01 am

Owner:AcidImportedRose
Horse's Name: červená
PolarizedVertigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pawow » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:44 am

Are we aloud to "pretty up" the sign ups? And may I add stuff? If so, can you just like, post it or message me? Because I will edit if aloud ;)

If not, here is my form:

Owner: pawow
Horse's Name: Exclusive Enchantment {Chanel}
pawow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puckish » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:40 am

clip art credit: clkr.com

Owner:
Hufflepuff_Horses

Horse's Name:
Ashwini

Height:
14.3 h

Rarity:
Uncommon

Personality:
Ashwini is loud and outgoing, which can be off-putting to others. Once you get to know her, though, she is funny, kind, and a loyal friend.

Story:
........It was the day after Christmas. Ashwini, still a little filly, was excited over all of her presents. She especially loved her new cat ear headband, and decided that she wanted to wear it all the time. Her parents strongly objected to this, as they were sure that Ashwini would be made fun of for wearing the cat ears in public. They argued for a good while, with the parents finally winning and Ashwini not wearing the cat ears except at home. As Ashwini grew older, she told herself, "I've outgrown these cat ears," and she put them away. When she no longer lived with her parents, she didn't take the cat ears with her.
........Ashwini found herself drawn to helping others, especially younger foals and yearlings. One December, she came upon a crying little filly. After inquiring what what wrong, the little filly told Ashwini, "I... I didn't get anything for Christmas this year. My... my parents couldn't afford it." Her heart going out to the little filly, Ashwini knew she had to somehow help.
........ Ashwini went home to try to find a present for the filly. Finally, after hours of searching, she remembered the cat ear headband she herself had gotten as a filly one Christmas. She hollered to her parents, asking where it was. Their reply was not heartening. They did not know where it was, and they couldn't remember ever putting it anywhere. Searching for another hour, Ashwini came across something black and furry. "Could this be it?" she murmured in astonishment. Pulling the thing out, Ashwini found that it was indeed the cat ear headband.
........ Galloping back to the little filly, Ashwini fairly shouted "Don't worry! It's okay! I got you a present!" Slightly shrinking away from Ashwini's loud exclamation, the little filly shyly whispered, "Oh... Okay...," in a shaky voice. "Hey, I'm sorry," said Ashwini, more softly this time. "I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to give you this." Ashwini pulled out the cat ear headband and handed it to the little filly. The filly's eyes widened in amazement. "For me?" she asked. "Yes,"replied Ashwini. "Merry Christmas!"

clip art credit: thehunt.com

Art:
1. digital headshot
2. below- digital chibi-like full body
3. middle- sketchy headshot (it's supposed to look scribbly, it's a style)
4. last- traditional full body, used "Draw 50 Horses" by Lee J. Ames for anatomy
all art is by me
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (107.36 KiB) Viewed 278 times
SketchyHeadshot.jpg
SketchyHeadshot.jpg (52.86 KiB) Viewed 321 times
IMG_1032.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG (148.02 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Last edited by puckish on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:04 am, edited 17 times in total.
puckish is trying to hitch a ride on the back of a passing ray so they can realize their dream of becoming a champion racing jockey.

Hey! I'm puckish,
I used to be
Hufflepuff_Horses.

Currently
ensemble &
u/s Desdemona

for a production of
Othello

profile pic in public domain
sig art by: iShame (left) Glimmer. (below)

puckish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby x-Birch-x » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:53 am

Owner: ~Birch~
Horse's Name: Molly
Hey guys, I check in here once in a while. If you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM!

x-Birch-x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby preppy paws » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:11 am

Owner: Janie
Horse's Name:
preppy paws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lichenfeather » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Username;; Lichenfeather
Why I want this DAM;; When I first saw this lovely lady, I was deeply reminded of a pony I used to ride, and loved with all my heart. She was a varnish roan appaloosa, and looked very similar {although slightly lighter} to this lovely mustang. When my barn closed in the March of 2014, I had to watch her find a new home. My parents had entertained the idea of purchasing her, since I adored her and we had an amazing partnership, but money and the fact I was slightly too tall for the 14.3hh mare squashed that. This stunning DAM reminds me quite a bit of my lost girly, and I shan’t be giving her up without a fight.

Birth Name;; Ceryx (SER-ix)
xxxxx Meaning;; A Greek name meaning herald.
Show Name;; Bring it On
Barn Name;; Bringy
Gender;; Mare
Age;; 7 years
Height;; 14.3hh
Personality;; | Spirited | Rebellious | Lazy | Opinionated | Loyal | Intelligent |

Bringy is a very lively little mare. She makes up for her short stature in spirit. Seemingly endlessly energetic, Bringy will spend hours frolicking and bucking about, simply overjoyed at life, at the mere concept of being alive. She is not a leader, yet she is not one to easily accept dominance. Focusing on her own survival means she pushes her leader’s bounds constantly, rebelling against everything not out of spite but as a way to ensure they remain fit to lead. Despite her spirit and willingness to push the limits, Bringy is rather lazy, and once she had decided something is not worth the effort it requires she’ll expend more energy avoiding it than it would take to buckle down and do it. She loves nothing more than lounging about in the sunshine while stubbornly refusing to take orders. Too smart for her own good, this cheeky mare knows how to get away with a lot. She makes her own decisions and sticks to them, even when she knows she’s wrong. Above all this, however, is her loyalty. Once you have proven to deserve it, this spirited mare will stand with you no matter what comes.

History;; Bringy was born in a small herd on the edge of the desert under the name Ceryx. At two, she left her herd like most young mares, but, instead of heading into the desert, the little mare got turned about and ended up in human infested lands. Ragged and tattered, the man who caught her did not recognize her for what she was, instead thinking she was simply a small horse with a hoof issue. For a year or two after that, she changed hands often, being described as a ‘problem’ horse. Eventually, she ended up in the hands of Quetzal Grey, a young woman managing a barn hidden in a fertile mountain valley that looked out to the desert. Named ‘Bringy’, a short form of Bring it On for her endurance and continually wild spirit, the appaloosa mare regained much of her past vigour in this secluded place. She became obsessed with jumping, taking to it like a fish in water. Despite her newfound happiness, and her deep bond with Quetzal, Bringy harboured a deep longing for the expanse of sand that had birthed her. As winter grew closer, Quetzal finally realized where her odd-hoofed Bringy had come from: the desert, perhaps even one of the elusive desert spirits, a legend in themselves. With a heavy heart, the girl kissed her mare’s nose, and then opened the gate to let her return home. Bringy, overwhelmed, galloped off without looking back. Quetzal never expected to see the little mare again. Much to her surprise, the next year in May, when the snow was gone and the first rainstorm of the year splattered against the ground, Bringy came galloping back and stayed for the summer. With the last rainstorm of the year, she left, returning back to her desert home for winter. Every year, she now follows this pattern, coming to the mountainside stable with the first rains, staying and competing in the summer, then departing with the last rain of the year.

Theme Song;; Get Off My Back -- Bryan Adams
Art;; Headshot -- By Me
Bringing the Rains -- By Me

Last edited by lichenfeather on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
lichenfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lola2013 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:44 pm

WIP

Owner:Lola2013
Horse's Name: Sage

Personality: Humble,caring,loving,energetic,creative,and confident.

Favorite thing to do: Runing while the wind dances with her mane, a light cool breeze sweeping over her.

Short story:
The day is coming to its prime, not to cold and not too hot. A light wind begins to form, invitingly calling Sage. Sage flickers her ears in recognition. It's the brief desire to feel free from all reality, away from stress,and the business that the day brings. Sage looks around as if searching to make sure she could escape for a second and as soon as she can she thunders forward.

"Oh finally", Sage sighs softly. While shaking her mane out, enjoying the familiar breeze cooling off her neck, enjoying every second of it. It was moments like these that she wished she could live like this forever. Her mind was free and at peace thinking about nothing yet everything at the same time. This was her time, time to be one with the sand beneath her hooves and the sweet whistle in the breeze, till she felt like she could fly.

Finally the wind died down and Sage lifted her head up as it to say good bye, with closed eyes she took a last deep breath, before letting out a relaxed sigh. Content, Sages now relaxed, headed back to the oasis. To the security of the herd. Gracefully Sage entered the lush, rich, green vegetation. The only thing to complete her mood was a nice bath for her itchy and sand covered coat.

Sage passed a couple of mares on her way to the water hole, nickering a greeting as she passed them. She herd the two whisper to each other after she nearly stepped ten strides away from them. Sage new they were talking about her but it mattered no different. The mares have thought that Sage was a bit off because of her longing to be "free" and her daily runs. Being a young mare Sage had no time to gossip around with the others, she only met the needs of her part for the herd, the rest of her time she spent exploring or of course running, filling her lungs with that sweet sent of air. Sage once over herd a mare say she should stop chasing the clouds and start finding a stallion, Sage nearly choked when hearing that. "I don't have time for that!" She thought to her self, "besides I'm a wild spirit" she states in a matter of fact sort of way. ( not admitted it to herself that maybe when the right stallion presents........hmmmm).

Finally Sage reaches the water hole and dips her muzzle into the cool, crystal clear, sparkling water. After quenching her thirst, Sage lifts her muzzle up, droplets splashing into the water beneath. She stares at the rings the drops caused and then sees her reflection. *Gasp* "what a mess I am!" Sage exclaims to the sight of her dirty streaked coat. Giggling Sage enters the cool water and feels the itchy sand and sweat from today's run wash away. Enjoying her bath, Sage hear a bird singing in the distant. She inhales a deep soothing breath. "Today, was a good day". Sage remarks.

art:
dam22.jpg
dam22.jpg (95.99 KiB) Viewed 398 times

dam2.jpg
dam2.jpg (125.42 KiB) Viewed 398 times

I would name this beauty Sage because her face reminds me if a special horse I got to spend last summer with, Sage was such a gentle horse and am honored to have known her. I woke up every morning hearing her nickers and calling out for a carrot. I got to drive her, brush her, and spend time with her. Sadly though a month ago she passed away at age 23 :'( and I just found out last week because I live a state away and my aunt called to let me and my sister know (we grew very fond of sage) it's heart breaking to know that the little time we had together would be the last but I am so grateful for the two weeks I got to spend with her! She was a wonderful horse\friend and will cherish the memories of her forever<3
image.jpg
Sage (with white blaze) & her sister Candy
image.jpg (177.27 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Last edited by Lola2013 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Lola2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireIceHeart » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:36 am

Owner: FireIceHeart
Horse's Name: evangeline