Based on Click to view
Artist CertainNorth [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Chrysaora Basilisks #4|Regualar Adopt

Postby CertainNorth » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:56 pm

General Info
Chrysaora Basilisk are the prevalent equine creatures that inhabit the world Lucent. They roam by the hundreds, using their unique hooves to score the uneven rock and track down their most vital source of nourishment; evil. The relationship between Chrysaora and humans is a complex one. Chrysaora vocalize like horses, but are also thought to have a syrinx much like birds do and have been recorded displaying a variety of sharp, avian sounds. Their eyes layer over with a dark, murky black until their normal eye color pierces through in a great ball of electric light, radiating toward their victim's open eyes and paralyzing them. The Glare is able to stop both human and creature, and after a few days, unique to other forms of basilisk, the paralyzed being transforms into a sea nettle.

My first CB as a guest artist! (Done with a track pad, which accounts for the time lol.) I hope you like them! ^^

Owner:husky.
Name:Zahrin
Link to form: link
Coat Color: Sooty Sable Dun Tobiano

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (300 words or less)
[b]History:[/b] (300 words or less)
[b]Future marking ideas:[/b](optional)
Last edited by CertainNorth on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chrysaora Basilisks #4|Regualar Adopt

Postby ilhdc7 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Username: ilhdc7
Name: Shimmer
Personality: Shimmer has this veil over her feelings it seems like. Not much is shared about her, and well, nobody knows much. But what we do now is that she Dangerous, meaning that we will never know what she is thinking, let alone weather it will be good or bad. And lets not forget that some of those thoughts may include dark thing. Like how she might impale you. Stomach or head? How about both! But when it comes to a decision, she makes up her mind. And will follow and defend it until the end. Shimmer is kind of anxious and restless. She can’t sit still or stay in one place for a long period of time. Somehow, she is in a new realm every day. Though sometimes a fast decision maker, she is wise, and will make decisions to her best of ability. She is as sneaky as a fox, and as quiet as a mouse. And she won’t every say more than needed. Shimmer is loyal, and will stay by your side though thick and thin. She won’t question you, but if it involves her dying, she’ll be the first to run. Shimmer is very humorous, and can make you laugh. But sometimes, her jokes can be naughty. It could be about being fat, or slim, or a disorder or something that could happen to be wrong with you. Even though something isn’t. Or, it could be just plain dirty. Like her favorite joke: Do you wanna hear a dirty story? A white horse fell in the mud. You thought I was gonna say something… dirty! Shimmer also strict. When she makes a low, it is not to be broken, unless somebody is in danger. Like, life or death. (292 words)
History: Shimmer’s Boost to Life; Told by Her
Well, I ain’t gonna tell you about my whole life. It’s a train wreck. But, sometimes all you gotta have in life is that one moment you will always remember. That one happy moment. My happy moment was when I was born. See, in my herd, when each Chrysaora was born, our peach tree bloomed. Our peach tree was an irregular color, which flowers were a kind of tan/pinky color. Nobody ate the fruits that bloomed, because they contained a deadly neuro-toxin, made to kill. I, naturally, given my bad luck, was born under that tree. My dam didn’t mean to have me there, but I just came right out, and plop! There I was! When I was born the tree shook, and shook. It rattled; each limb was vibrating as if it was alive. There was a thumping sound, and suddenly, blooms were popping up everywhere. I was glancing up, and as I did, one of the blooms slowly floated through the air, and glided onto my nose. I became cross-eyed as I tried to look at it. My mother shrieked, and swiped it off. She pushed me, and hurried me to move. And I wasn’t having squat. I was going to take my own time, and stand up when I was ready. After a few minutes of confusion, I propped my front legs up, and gathered my back legs underneath me. After a second or two, I took a step forward, and another. I soon found my dam, and was pushed toward her backend. I drank huge gulps of life-nourishing milk, and we headed out away from the death tree. (280 words)

Future marking ideas: A Pie-bald dun with little area's of Fleabitten markings. I would say they would have maybe an orange or pink mane/tail. I am pretty sure this would be beautiful.
Last edited by ilhdc7 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
she/her & they/them >> hufflepuff >> call me ilah please >>chrysaora

ilhdc7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby husky. » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:50 pm

So gorgeous, Ten ;u;

Username: husky.
Name: Zahrin
Personality: Zahrin is a cold, unsociable being. He prefers his own company, or the company of his unlucky victims, and rarely goes anywhere near other intelligent life forms - when he does, few live to tell the tale. Having such little need to communicate, his horse-like sounds have grown husky and horrible over the years from disuse, and anyone who hears them has been terrified; a rumor has spread through various human communities that this golden basilisk is the messenger of Death, and those who hear the sound will be sure to die. Although the fairy tale story has given him a bad reputation, he is not a bad basilisk and would much rather avoid any contact at all with other beings rather than turning them into sea nettles. Apart from being cold, anyone who got to know Zahrin would find that he is quite caring in his own way, especially to the world around him. He's quite fond of flowers and plants and tries his best to avoid destroying them with his cloven hooves. though his stony exterior and kind nature may seem to clash, being unwelcoming is just a result of his poor social skills that have distanced him from other Chrysaora Basilisks and left him unable to interact well with them. 
History: Here I'll tell a story about how the fairy tale story of him came into existence. 

Zahrin's ears pricked forward, his body paused and poised as he listened to the sounds of muffled feet moving across the ground. His horn glimmered in the golden sunlight of the late afternoon, its point sharp enough to cut the vines that hung low over his path. The sunlight icked out the bright, golden hairs of his mane and tail, and they shone like they were made of the metal themselves. His pale coat glistened - he always took pride in his cleanliness.
As the sounds continued to move, he concentrated on them as he had done countless times before to discern what was trampling the forest greenery. The muffled sounds were those of the strange covered feet of humans that he had watched hacking their way through the forest, and their high voices were those of the smaller humans that he guessed were young. They didn't seem to be moving towards him, he thought, and he relaxed his taut position and flicked his extensive tail to release tension.
His breath ruffled the soft new grass beneath his cloven hooves as he bent his head down, breathing in the sweet scent that came with spring time. The humans were now moving away from him, he could hear, though he wasn't listening particularly closely as other things had occupied his mind. A timeless period passed and the day wore on; the birds and insects of the forest hushed their sound as they felt impending sadness, and the golden basilisk continued to ignore what was going on around him.
Zahrin nibbled a few sweet blades of grass and watched a peaceful insect making its way up the trunk of a thin tree and hiding in a crack when all of a sudden a loud snapping sound to his left scared him within an inch of his life. Zahrin's head whipped up and he let out a terrible, sharp sound that rent the air and shook the nearby saplings as his eyes locked on those of a small human's. As soon as he felt the contact between their eyes, Zahrin screeched again as the child's body went stiff and two more young humans standing behind the child cried out and scrambled backwards through the dense forest, letting out wailful screams.
Zahrin was frozen in place and didn't know what to think - this was the first time he had met the eyes of something and started the process of turning them into a sea nettle. The child's young eyes were filled with surprise, then fear, and finally a deep sadness. Zahrin's curiousity had piqued as he stared into those eyes full of emotion. After only a few seconds, the child's body went limp and it's eyes rolled back before collapsing onto the ground next to the broken branch it had stepped on. Zahrin stood still and watched it as the child did not move. He stayed like that for days after, waiting patiently and sleepless.
Just as he had begun to grow impastient of waiting by the child's crumpled form, Zahrin heard noises. Humans were approaching, and there were a lot of them. A twinge of panic set in - he should saty by the child, but he didn't want to see or be seen by the humans; his hooves stayed planted to the ground as he decided to stay. After some more time, the humans' stench wafted to him, and then they were there, cutting through the thick scrub and shouting in their rough tongue. They carried two small bundles carefully - they smelled like death, and Zahrin knew they were the bodies of those other children that had encountered him - he did not know how they had died, but he did not like them being so close. He let out a shriek at the humans. He didn't want them this close, but he would not abandon his child. He let out sharp sounds that delayed the approach of the humans, but they continued forward towards the body of the thrid child. Just as the humans were almost close enough to bite, the child's body shrank and turned into the long-awaited sea nettle. The humans cried out in fear and backed away, pointing large stick at him and throwing stones, but Zahrin continued to avoid their eyes and let out horrible noises until they finally retreated.

Future marking ideas: A few spot Appaloosa coat would be cool; silver bay frame overo; sabino and roaning.
true neutral
she/her isfj-t
♈︎ ♘ ♬
fan of anime
& lazy days
|
|
|
|
planning a (semi) hiatus
soon, if there’s anything I
need to finish before I go
just let me know.
[to do: br revamps]
husky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CertainNorth » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:52 pm

husky. wrote:Username: husky.
Name: Zahrin

Congrats! Sorry this took so long ><
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby husky. » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Ahh thanks so much! Love my golden boy c:
true neutral
she/her isfj-t
♈︎ ♘ ♬
fan of anime
& lazy days
|
|
|
|
planning a (semi) hiatus
just let me know.
[to do: br revamps]
husky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilhdc7 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:55 pm

But I love her name! Congrats Husky.
Last edited by ilhdc7 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilhdc7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CertainNorth » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:47 pm

ilhdc7 wrote:Gosh Dang it! I wanted her so bad! So jealous!!!!!!!

I have two more to make some time, so I'm sure you'll have a chance. I really loved your form too ilhdc7, really wish I could let you both win :(
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilhdc7 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Tendency wrote:
ilhdc7 wrote:Gosh Dang it! I wanted her so bad! So jealous!!!!!!!

I have two more to make some time, so I'm sure you'll have a chance. I really loved your form too ilhdc7, really wish I could let you both win :(

OMGOMGOMG No need to fill bad. I am excited, and I love your work! So ready to get the next one!

ilhdc7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby husky. » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Haha, good luck with future comps! It was a narrow competition here with only the two of us, so I'm sure you'll get one of these babes soon c:
true neutral
she/her isfj-t
♈︎ ♘ ♬
fan of anime
& lazy days
|
|
|
|
planning a (semi) hiatus