Based on Click to view
Artist Haze-L-Kitten [gallery]
Time spent 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Chrysaora Basilisks #2 | Regular Adopt

Postby Haze-L-Kitten » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:36 am

General Info

Chrysaora Basilisk are the prevalent equine creatures that inhabit the world Lucent. They roam by the hundreds, using their unique hooves to score the uneven rock and track down their most vital source of nourishment; evil. The relationship between Chrysaora and humans is a complex one. Chrysaora vocalize like horses, but are also thought to have a syrinx much like birds do and have been recorded displaying a variety of sharp, avian sounds. Their eyes layer over with a dark, murky black until their normal eye color pierces through in a great ball of electric light, radiating toward their victim's open eyes and paralyzing them. The Glare is able to stop both human and creature, and after a few days, unique to other forms of basilisk, the paralyzed being transforms into a sea nettle.

I'm proud to present the second Chrysaora Basilisks!

This here is a handsome red dun, complete with dorsal stripe and tiger stripes on the legs.
To win this Stallion, please fill out the forum below!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Stallion
[b]Personality:[/b] (under 500 words)
[b]Extra:[/b] (under 500 words [b][i]or[/i][/b] max. of 2 art pieces)

Prettying-up is aloud and encouraged!
End date is Oct. 1st. (extension may be requested)
Haze-L-Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chrysaora Basilisks #2 | Regular Adopt

Postby Infernia » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:05 am

Username;; Infernia

Name;; Nero; meaning ‘strong’, after the Roman Emperor with which this name is shared.

Gender;; Stallion

Personality;; Nero is what would be described as an independent stallion. He tends to stray away from others, no matter the species, and keeps his thoughts to himself. The stallion will only speak when spoken to, and will not poke his head into others’ business. He is nowhere near the point of being shy, but just chooses to remain quiet, and takes his time when warming up to others. Despite the fact that it will be a rather difficult challenge to form a relationship of any sort with Nero, his entire disposition seems to shift after he chooses to open up. He will be more perceiving to the kind actions and friendly invitations of whomever he has bonded with, becoming a more amiable, easy going stallion. He will begin to build up a protectiveness of that loved one, defending them and standing up for them no matter what. Nero seems down to earth, and is very understanding, but when push comes to shove, he will not be afraid to fight back, especially if it means defending someone he cares about. He rarely finds himself acting in the ‘fight or flight’ state of mind due to the fact that he has some sort of built-in intelligence system that allows him to think logically and effectively, even in the most stressful times. Although he is not the most sociable of stallions, Nero is an intelligent, understanding, and well-rounded male with a venturous and youthful exuberance that will stick with him for as long as he lives. (Word Count: 253)

Extra;; (This is written from an admirer’s point of view. Word count: 376)

I didn’t understand why he acted the way he did. I probably never would. Day after day, I tried to get close to him, show him that he could trust me, that I wanted to be friends… But he wouldn’t have it, and I couldn’t wrap my head around the reason why. He had rescued me, taking it upon himself to look after me until I had reached full recovery. The entire time, he had uttered maybe one sentence total, simply letting me know that I could stay with him for as long as I needed. I didn’t even know his name. I didn’t understand why I stayed with him, in all honesty, when I was almost positive I could go on my own way now. There was just something about him that kept me around, despite everything that was telling me to go. Perhaps I just wanted him to repay him for what he had done for me by now leaving him alone, not that he would mind being all by himself. Perhaps I just wanted to get to know him, like it was some sort of personal achievement that I felt the need to achieve…

I glanced up from where I was standing, my eyes traveling forward a few meters to where he was standing. A cool, autumn breeze blew through, ruffling his mane as I took my spot next to him, looking out over edge of the rocky outcropping that we were perched on. Below us, there was a large expanse of flat ground, followed by a wide, rushing river and a grove of cherry blossom trees. For a long time, there was just silence. Finally, I let out a sigh and glanced over at him, only to find that he was peering back at me. His amber eyes were illuminated by the sinking sun, transforming them into a brilliant gold as they locked onto mine. “It’s really beautiful,” I murmured, feeling my heart flutter in my chest as I struggled to find something to say. He nodded his head thoughtfully, chest heaving as he inhaled a deep breath, then released it. What came next took me completely by surprise.

“I’m Nero.”
Last edited by Infernia on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Infernia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haze-L-Kitten » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Infinite Infamy wrote:

Username;; Infernia

Name;; Nero; meaning ‘strong’, after the Roman Emperor with which this name is shared.

Gender;; Stallion

Personality;; Nero is what would be described as an independent stallion. He tends to stray away from others, no matter the species, and keeps his thoughts to himself. The stallion will only speak when spoken to, and will not poke his head into others’ business. He is nowhere near the point of being shy, but just chooses to remain quiet, and takes his time when warming up to others. Despite the fact that it will be a rather difficult challenge to form a relationship of any sort with Nero, his entire disposition seems to shift after he chooses to open up. He will be more perceiving to the kind actions and friendly invitations of whomever he has bonded with, becoming a more amiable, easy going stallion. He will begin to build up a protectiveness of that loved one, defending them and standing up for them no matter what. Nero seems down to earth, and is very understanding, but when push comes to shove, he will not be afraid to fight back, especially if it means defending someone he cares about. He rarely finds himself acting in the ‘fight or flight’ state of mind due to the fact that he has some sort of built-in intelligence system that allows him to think logically and effectively, even in the most stressful times. Although he is not the most sociable of stallions, Nero is an intelligent, understanding, and well-rounded male with a venturous and youthful exuberance that will stick with him for as long as he lives. (Word Count: 253)

Extra;; (This is written from an admirer’s point of view. Word count: 376)

I didn’t understand why he acted the way he did. I probably never would. Day after day, I tried to get close to him, show him that he could trust me, that I wanted to be friends… But he wouldn’t have it, and I couldn’t wrap my head around the reason why. He had rescued me, taking it upon himself to look after me until I had reached full recovery. The entire time, he had uttered maybe one sentence total, simply letting me know that I could stay with him for as long as I needed. I didn’t even know his name. I didn’t understand why I stayed with him, in all honesty, when I was almost positive I could go on my own way now. There was just something about him that kept me around, despite everything that was telling me to go. Perhaps I just wanted him to repay him for what he had done for me by now leaving him alone, not that he would mind being all by himself. Perhaps I just wanted to get to know him, like it was some sort of personal achievement that I felt the need to achieve…

I glanced up from where I was standing, my eyes traveling forward a few meters to where he was standing. A cool, autumn breeze blew through, ruffling his mane as I took my spot next to him, looking out over edge of the rocky outcropping that we were perched on. Below us, there was a large expanse of flat ground, followed by a wide, rushing river and a grove of cherry blossom trees. For a long time, there was just silence. Finally, I let out a sigh and glanced over at him, only to find that he was peering back at me. His amber eyes were illuminated by the sinking sun, transforming them into a brilliant gold as they locked onto mine. “It’s really beautiful,” I murmured, feeling my heart flutter in my chest as I struggled to find something to say. He nodded his head thoughtfully, chest heaving as he inhaled a deep breath, then released it. What came next took me completely by surprise.

“I’m Nero.”

Congratulations!
You did a fantastic job with the forum. Very detailed and I just love the arrows. o3o
Nero is all yours! Enjoy! ^^
Haze-L-Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Makikabo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Username:
Name:
Personality: (under 500 words)
Extra: (under 500 words or max. of 2 art pieces)
Makikabo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haze-L-Kitten » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Makikabo wrote:Username:
Name:
Personality: (under 500 words)
Extra: (under 500 words or max. of 2 art pieces)

I'm sorry, but this adoption is closed. Others are still available!
Haze-L-Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me