Rukami #49 by PurpleKakashi

Based on Click to view
Artist PurpleKakashi [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rukami #49

Postby PurpleKakashi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:11 am

Rukami (Gulo Stantes) are a newly discovered species of bipedal mammals. Though they resemble wolves, they are actually more closely related to the mustelid family, which includes wolverines, otters, and badgers to name a few. Through natural selection, these rare animals evolved to incredible sizes and developed sentient brains along with opposable thumbs.

wolfpuppies wrote:
Many look forward to the warmer of the seasons. Me? I lie in wait for winter. Not because of my coat. No. For the bitter cold which wakens all senses; for the snow which dampens all sound; for the tests and challenges that life must overcome to survive.
-Kamau

Username | wolfpuppies

Name | Kamau

Nickname | Ghost

Name Meaning | His birth name is a Kenyan name which means quiet warrior. His nickname came from someone mentioning he moves silently like a ghost would, and the nickname Ghost stuck.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
-Game of Thrones

Personality | Kamau is a quiet observer. He is always alert to that which is around him, though he doesn't always act on it. Some think him cool for it. Others ignore him as he seemingly ignores them. And the last few usually snap at him for something or another. He also appears heroic to some. However, that is never this Rukami's intention. He simply acts on his beliefs; which means he doesn't allow pups, elders, or the weak be attacked when they're practically defenseless. Others? They can fight for themselves. Kamau won't interfere - be it male or female, no matter the rank. To others it seems as though he has his own agenda; and sometimes he does, though this isn't always the case.
To his tribe and those he has grown to trust, Kamau is one of the most loyal companions to have. Even if he has been betrayed or somehow hurt by another, he is willing to offer second and third chances if he trusts them. And if he doesn't always get along with them, that's fine. As everyone in an individual and will have their own thoughts, ideas, etc. Just because there's a disagreement doesn't mean that he wouldn't trust the other on a hunt or if they are fighting side-by-side.
Other points - fierce; quick responder; stubborn; level-headed

Rank | Warrior of the Enlightened Tribe

Relationships | He knows Saoirse from before his time with the tribe. They never got along in the past and they still do not; often when they encounter one another, a fight occurs - sometimes verbal, some physical. She is close to what one might call an enemy.
With his siblings, he will protect them at the cost of his life. One, because they are his siblings, but two, because he does care about them - although in his own way.
With Grey Wind, the eldest of the group, they often butt heads. However, they still trust one another wholeheartedly and do still have 'brotherly moments. It seems as though they are in agreement that they should be the protectors of the rest of the family.
As for the eldest of the sisters, Lady, he is the most protective of her. She often huffs at him or comments on the fact that he can be over-protective. But they are still close and get along well. She is the one who graced him with his cloak and touched up his armor to better suit him.
He is the closest to the youngest of his sisters, Nymeria. Though he is protective of her, he isn't as much as with Lady, since he knows she is quite the warrior. The pair of them spar regularly and he is proud to have seen her improvement and her skill as a fine warrior.
For Gabriel, -

Kin | Grey Wind - Brother
Lady - Sister
Nymeria - Sister
Gabriel - Brother

Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.
-Game of thrones

Strengths | Stealth | Speed | Hunting | Fighting | Situation Assessment

Weaknesses | Socialization | Teamwork | Agility | Crafting | Being nurturing

Quirks | Often sleeps up against a tree or with something at his back | Tends to lean on his haunches quite a bit | Tail lashes when he's thinking | Eyes gain far-away look when he's focusing on things around him

Swift as a deer. Quiet as a shadow...Quick as a snake. Calm as still water.
-Game of Thrones

Story | He and his family were raised apart from large tribes. Their father held a territory, had caught their mother's interest, and later on they ended up mating. They weren't a perfect couple - as none are - but they were good to one another and their cubs. There were six in total that they had over the years, four males and two females. Grey Wind was eldest and was the largest of his siblings, especially his brother - who was born right after him in that litter. Kamau was much smaller than his brother, but that mattered little to them as they grew. Though they weren't the closest, they thrived with one another in their father's territory. And soon they found themselves with more siblings over the consecutive years - two sisters and two more brothers. It was pleasant as they all grew up in the relative safety that one finds in a group.
However, finally the grown up cubs made the decision to move on. Though they traveled together in the beginning, though slowly they began to drift apart - some to live on their own, others to search out a tribe or others to live among. Kamau was fine with this, knowing that they likely wouldn't stay together forever; it wouldn't be logical. So he too, parted ways from the others and eventually stumbled upon the Enlightened Tribe. Though he was skeptical at first, he did finally request permission to join and joined the ranks of the warriors.
Even though he and his siblings don't always see one another, they do still find ways to meet up as they all still share a connection. It isn't always regular - sometimes multiple times a year, sometimes once, sometimes every couple of years. But he does make sure to travel and spend time with them. And most of the time it was as if they were never apart. There was hardly any awkwardness as they hunted, caught up, etc. with one another.

*Art by jodeeeart on tumblr (head shot) & Carrie Best on DeviantArt (full body) & myself (collective head shots - won't have time to finish because of hectic schedule)
** All relationships were checked with and approved by the current owners of the Dire wolf based Rukami. The same would go for whoever gets Shaggydog - if I were to win Ghost - and they wanted them to be related~
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heir » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:15 am

Username:
Name: Ghost
Name Meaning:
Extra:

:3 This guy seems interesting though I have no idea what the game of thrones is.. ^3^

;

─────────────────────

〈 amor, amor de mis amores 〉

🌎

hey i'm finn & i think you're pretty cool

;
heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rukami #49

Postby deertush » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:20 am

----
Last edited by deertush on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Howdy!
I'm deer and I enjoy
natural history, taxidermy, dog training
animal crossing, homesteading, and art
DeviantArt - Lioden - Wolvden - Twitter

ImageImage
deertush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogish » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:25 am

res
Pet's name: Rhys
Pet's name: Nokk
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tyranny

Postby koegami » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:26 am

Last edited by koegami on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Ape. » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:29 am

He's not like the others. He never makes a sound. That's why I named him Ghost. That, and because he's white. The others are all dark, grey or black

Username: .Ape.
Name: Ghost
Name Meaning: GoT name suits him all too well
Extra:

He's the albino, he's the one who makes no noise, so he's related to the other direwolves but one apart as well

Personality: Ghost was always the odd one out. He never really fit in anywhere. The different one, because he was an albino he was never treated the same as any of his siblings. Ghost is silent, never heard or seen. If you do by chance see or hear him, it is only because he wants you to. He has a aura around him that gives him a sense of power and authority. Very mysterious and majestic this Rukami is an enigma. So plain, yet so colorful. A 'Kami that says so many things yet speaks no words. He is brave and strong. His drive is as a protector or guardian of some sorts. Always looking out for others although, they never see him for him. He sticks with himself but he has a loyalty that is unmatched. Once his trust is gained he is the best companion and friend anyone could have. He also has a big drive for exploring and going out on his own.

Backstory: Ghost was born the runt of the litter. Oddly his mother gave birth to more than one kit. An extremely rare event. So rare that Ghost doesn't even know if it has happened before. His mother was killed by some kind of prey animal. It was too strong for her. He was the first to open his eyes. So from an early age he was always an explorer. Wandering off into the forest as a kit. His brothers and sisters were whining for their mother when he left, suckling any milk they could get from her drying teets. He didn't know what was going on at the moment but no one was there to stop him from wandering off.

He got deep into the forest and lost his way. He didnt do what others normally did, which was crying out for his mother to come save him, instead he sat and waited, listening to the sounds around him. A female wolf strolled by and found him. Wolves were something new to Ghost. So different yet they looked so similar to him. She had recently lost her pups but her milk was still fresh. She fed him and helped him find his way home. On discovering the body of the kits mother the female let out a howl. Ghost looked at her confusingly and scampered off to his brothers and sisters. But they weren't there. The first sound he made was a faint whine as he looked for them. The only thing left was a piece of fur that had gotten snagged on a twig. His younger brother. I big black and shaggy little Ruki. He remembered him. He was a mean one, pushed his siblings out the way so he could drink. But Ghost loved him all the same.

The female cared for Ghost until she too died. He outlived her due to Rukami's remarkable lifespan. He was about 10. An adolescent in Rukami years. With no one to care for and nothing to tie him down, Ghost took to his nature and went off in search of his brother. The fur kept his scent fresh, so any clue of where his sibling may be would be found. There were two holes in him now, he had just lost his mother figure, and he had a faint memory of a sibling he wish he could reunite with. They fought each other over which one would cause him pain that day. So he made up his mind and new he could at least try to fill one of those holes. So now he searches for his brother, that black thick fur, with that unique scent, somewhat of a musk. Brothers together again...thats all he wants.

Art: Image

Family: Direwolf Kamis that want to be his siblings. I'm saying Shaggy is his brother because I am trying out for both.
Last edited by .Ape. on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToastingCinnamon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 am

Username:
Name:
Name Meaning:
Extra:

-----------------------------------------------------------
--------Image--------
DeviantArt; Finchlings; Characters;

♀ | ♑ | Straight | Nontheist | Pro-choice | Human rights | LGBT+ Supporter

Slowly quitting, will be taking longer to reply to pms.
You can now find me on dA

-----------------------------------------------------------
ToastingCinnamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfpuppies » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Many look forward to the warmer of the seasons. Me? I lie in wait for winter. Not because of my coat. No. For the bitter cold which wakens all senses; for the snow which dampens all sound; for the tests and challenges that life must overcome to survive.
-Kamau

Username | wolfpuppies

Name | Kamau

Nickname | Ghost

Name Meaning | His birth name is a Kenyan name which means quiet warrior. His nickname came from someone mentioning he moves silently like a ghost would, and the nickname Ghost stuck.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
-Game of Thrones

Personality | Kamau is a quiet observer. He is always alert to that which is around him, though he doesn't always act on it. Some think him cool for it. Others ignore him as he seemingly ignores them. And the last few usually snap at him for something or another. He also appears heroic to some. However, that is never this Rukami's intention. He simply acts on his beliefs; which means he doesn't allow pups, elders, or the weak be attacked when they're practically defenseless. Others? They can fight for themselves. Kamau won't interfere - be it male or female, no matter the rank. To others it seems as though he has his own agenda; and sometimes he does, though this isn't always the case.
To his tribe and those he has grown to trust, Kamau is one of the most loyal companions to have. Even if he has been betrayed or somehow hurt by another, he is willing to offer second and third chances if he trusts them. And if he doesn't always get along with them, that's fine. As everyone in an individual and will have their own thoughts, ideas, etc. Just because there's a disagreement doesn't mean that he wouldn't trust the other on a hunt or if they are fighting side-by-side.
Other points - fierce; quick responder; stubborn; level-headed

Rank | Warrior of the Enlightened Tribe

Relationships | He knows Saoirse from before his time with the tribe. They never got along in the past and they still do not; often when they encounter one another, a fight occurs - sometimes verbal, some physical. She is close to what one might call an enemy.
With his siblings, he will protect them at the cost of his life. One, because they are his siblings, but two, because he does care about them - although in his own way.
With Grey Wind, the eldest of the group, they often butt heads. However, they still trust one another wholeheartedly and do still have 'brotherly moments. It seems as though they are in agreement that they should be the protectors of the rest of the family.
As for the eldest of the sisters, Lady, he is the most protective of her. She often huffs at him or comments on the fact that he can be over-protective. But they are still close and get along well. She is the one who graced him with his cloak and touched up his armor to better suit him.
He is the closest to the youngest of his sisters, Nymeria. Though he is protective of her, he isn't as much as with Lady, since he knows she is quite the warrior. The pair of them spar regularly and he is proud to have seen her improvement and her skill as a fine warrior.
For Gabriel, -

Kin | Grey Wind - Brother
Lady - Sister
Nymeria - Sister
Gabriel - Brother

Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.
-Game of thrones

Strengths | Stealth | Speed | Hunting | Fighting | Situation Assessment

Weaknesses | Socialization | Teamwork | Agility | Crafting | Being nurturing

Quirks | Often sleeps up against a tree or with something at his back | Tends to lean on his haunches quite a bit | Tail lashes when he's thinking | Eyes gain far-away look when he's focusing on things around him

Swift as a deer. Quiet as a shadow...Quick as a snake. Calm as still water.
-Game of Thrones

Story | He and his family were raised apart from large tribes. Their father held a territory, had caught their mother's interest, and later on they ended up mating. They weren't a perfect couple - as none are - but they were good to one another and their cubs. There were six in total that they had over the years, four males and two females. Grey Wind was eldest and was the largest of his siblings, especially his brother - who was born right after him in that litter. Kamau was much smaller than his brother, but that mattered little to them as they grew. Though they weren't the closest, they thrived with one another in their father's territory. And soon they found themselves with more siblings over the consecutive years - two sisters and two more brothers. It was pleasant as they all grew up in the relative safety that one finds in a group.
However, finally the grown up cubs made the decision to move on. Though they traveled together in the beginning, though slowly they began to drift apart - some to live on their own, others to search out a tribe or others to live among. Kamau was fine with this, knowing that they likely wouldn't stay together forever; it wouldn't be logical. So he too, parted ways from the others and eventually stumbled upon the Enlightened Tribe. Though he was skeptical at first, he did finally request permission to join and joined the ranks of the warriors.
Even though he and his siblings don't always see one another, they do still find ways to meet up as they all still share a connection. It isn't always regular - sometimes multiple times a year, sometimes once, sometimes every couple of years. But he does make sure to travel and spend time with them. And most of the time it was as if they were never apart. There was hardly any awkwardness as they hunted, caught up, etc. with one another.

*Art by jodeeeart on tumblr (head shot) & Carrie Best on DeviantArt (full body) & myself (collective head shots - won't have time to finish because of hectic schedule)
** All relationships were checked with and approved by the current owners of the Dire wolf based Rukami. The same would go for whoever gets Shaggydog - if I were to win Ghost - and they wanted them to be related~
Last edited by wolfpuppies on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:25 am, edited 8 times in total.
CS pets, c$, and items for trade!
Shima Longtail, Growing White July, and more are all available!!
Am willing to do art for characters as well ^^
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Username:
Ki-neko animura
Name:
Calchas
Name Meaning:
A seer in Greek
Personal Quote:
"There is darkness in the world, but within that darkness are spots of light. Light that stick together to dominate the darkenss."
Personality:
Like the men of the Nights Watch (or at least those who take it seriously) this boy is extremely vigilant and maybe even a little paranoid. Calchas places himself outside of normal Rukami systems and lives a life in no particular territory. In fact he has no territory he calls home but most other Rukami know his name. He is a fierce fighter and is known to be honest and true. Many Rukami allow him in their territory for that reason. When in another's territory he will defend it like his own, protect any young that may be there, any prey that may be stolen, etc. He has a soft spot for young ones and lives to see them grow.
Item Symbolism:
The cloak in which he wears shows his solitude. The dark black fur coming from a large grizzly that he killed to protect a young Rukami pup, a pup who had lost it's father because of the beast. The armour pieces were a gift from a Rukami family that he wintered with while he was younger. They taught him to fight and to survive, pittying the young boy for his loss. They taught him how to craft it and when he told them he was leaving they gave him the pieces to make his own armour. To him the armour is a sign of trust and of peace. To show that the light in the world is still as strong as the dark. On his other shoulder guard is a Rukami head howling, with claws marks behind it painted on the piece. It is his symbol to show who he is.
Story:
I don't remember much of my childhood, Only snips and snaps of pictures will flash through my mind. But I do remember one day, the day that everything turned south for me. I was about 6 months old, playing with my older sister Remki when the sounds of the forest changed. Our ears perked as the two of us froze, in that moment our father came rushing into the clearing, blood streaming from his chest and dripping from his muzzle. He told us to run, and so we did. We ran and ran, until our feet couldn't carry us. But we found the will to continue on, Remki felt something behind us and told me to keep running, I argued but in the end lost. She told me that I must survive, I must do what I can to live on. But she also told me not to hate, that the world was a cruel place but in it there were spots of light. I didn't know what she meant nor did I ever find out what had killed my family but ever since then I have journeyed the world, hidden like sulfur in a mine. I am there yet not and I do not take more than what I need.
I could have earned a territory if I wanted to but as I grew older I started to understand the words that my sister had told me before I ran away, the words that still haunt me and will haunt me till the day I die. I will remain neutral in the world, remain without a territory to call my own. In return I am sheltered from the violence of disputes. I promise to never hurt a Rukami that lives in the territory in which I would currently live, I promise to protect anything that the owner deems precious as if it were my own. Whether it is prey, lands, or my personal favorite family. Any Rukami that holds it's family, above all else earns the respect of me. If they allow me to I love to teach the young ones about the world, teach them tricks that could one day save them or their loved ones, that could have saved mine if I had known them.

I wish I could do art for him, but working nine+ hours a day it is hard to do much more than real life tasks
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:03 am

Reserve
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me