Rukami #48 by PurpleKakashi

Based on Click to view
Artist PurpleKakashi [gallery]
Time spent 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rukami #48

Postby PurpleKakashi » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:51 am

Rukami (Gulo Stantes) are a newly discovered species of bipedal mammals. Though they resemble wolves, they are actually more closely related to the mustelid family, which includes wolverines, otters, and badgers to name a few. Through natural selection, these rare animals evolved to incredible sizes and developed sentient brains along with opposable thumbs.

The long awaited... dark direwolf. It is all up to you have you get him. He has extra hair -hackles- and his long ears are simply pinned, his upper and lower canines are larger than normal so both to stick out of his mouth when it is closed oh and yeah he's got massive claws.
.Ape. wrote:
The black one is full of fear and rage

Username:.APE.
Name: ShaggyDog A.K.A Shaggy
Name Meaning: The Name he was born with and given in GoT
Extra:

Personality: Shaggy is renown for being one of the fiercest and most feared Rukami around. He has little to no discipline and is a wild beast. The most primitive Rukami you could imagine is what this maniac is. He takes and does what he wants. He is cold-hearted and has no remorse, a true merciless killer. Sometimes people tend to find that soft spot in an evil being, but for shaggy, there is none. All there is, is a a dark void. Which shows itself inside and out. He relies on himself and holds no one close. Shaggy is a complete savage and more than likely insane. A Rukami of myths and legends, his actions forming a story of the evil Rukami who lives on top of Mount Eon In Valhaven. The adults tell these stories to little 'Kami to keep them in check, but little do they know that there is some truth behind the legend, as always. He has one primitive drive and that is to survive. Survival of the fittest is his motto. A wild spirited Rukami like this has no place in the world. So he keeps to himself in his fortress of solitude. A loner all his life he has no plans on changing his ways.

Backstory: Shaggy was abandoned as a pup. A very small pup. His mother was killed by a giant animal with a massive rack of antlers. If he had any guess, he was probably only a few days old when he was on his own. He has no memory of anything beforehand but he swears that he could remember the warm bodies of others, and small whines..maybe a white fluffball?.....naaah can't be true.

He was raised by the wild, fighting mother nature with all his might. A warrior survivalist from the moment he was born. He was forced to feed off of the carcass of his mother. The savagery was shown early on, no one there to teach him other wise. A darkness took over him and he never could revert back to an innocent pup, it was lost right there and then. He grew to be strong, the meat lasted a while and he got big fast. He was able to hunt his own game and feed himself at an early age. Learning nothing else but hunting and surviving. He migrated to these lands as an adolescent and took control. He has been alone all of his life which has caused him to go somewhat insane. The Rukami of Valhaven cursed this Rukami that had come to these lands. They were scared to death of him. He was a terrorizer and attacked the village frequently for food. These are where the stories came from. A monster roamed the lands close by and there was nothing they could do about it. Until he drove himself away.

He had no knowledge on how to not over-hunt which would keep the population of prey high. No. He killed whenever he could. Fed himself whenever he had the chance. He chased the prey out of their home and further up the mountain. So he followed.

At the peak of Mount Eon Shaggy found a suitable place. His pelt was naturally thick so the environment didn't affect him much. The prey here were strong and fast on the mountain slopes. Giant horns protruded out of their heads. But they were no match for him. He adapted quickly. He has ruled the mountain for years and has strived up there. Sometimes you can hear the roar of this monster echo across the lands. It seems to only occur during full moons, a time where Rukami have always believed that your beast within can arise.

Art: Image

Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rukami #48

Postby TiNyHaNdS05 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:13 am

Username:
TiNyHaNdS05

Name:
Donovan

Name Meaning:
Donovan meaning dark, or dark warrior

~Extra~
Personality:
Donovan is a quiet, secretive, serious and very aggressive Rukami. Doesn't like being told what to do or being ordered. Likes having his own space and freedom. He mostly travels alone or takes hunts/scavenging alone to avoid such conflicts with others. Enjoys solitude and tends to sit back and observe. Private, rarely talks about or speaks. Can be insensitive to the hardships of others. Well-organized and hard-working. Works steadily towards identified goals. Focused, with well-developed powers of concentration. Will usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it. A perfectionist. Clean, thorough, detail-oriented. Avoids mistakes. Not very adventurous or spontaneous. But he is responsible and dependable. Prepares for worst case scenarios, and sometimes very cautious. Holds others to high standards and does not accept apologies easily.

Me and Quinn257 are sister's and share the same computer
ImageImageImage
TiNyHaNdS05

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SchnaDin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:50 am

Username:
Name:
Name Meaning:
Extra:

WIP

Dropping out ^-^ i'll focus on the "magic" one right now
Good luck everyone! c:
Last edited by SchnaDin on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rukami
Kasira
My dA
All my characters/Adopts

Sig in progress \(^w^)/
SchnaDin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Ape. » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:46 am

The black one is full of fear and rage

Username:.APE.
Name: ShaggyDog A.K.A Shaggy
Name Meaning: The Name he was born with and given in GoT
Extra:

Personality: Shaggy is renown for being one of the fiercest and most feared Rukami around. He has little to no discipline and is a wild beast. The most primitive Rukami you could imagine is what this maniac is. He takes and does what he wants. He is cold-hearted and has no remorse, a true merciless killer. Sometimes people tend to find that soft spot in an evil being, but for shaggy, there is none. All there is, is a a dark void. Which shows itself inside and out. He relies on himself and holds no one close. Shaggy is a complete savage and more than likely insane. A Rukami of myths and legends, his actions forming a story of the evil Rukami who lives on top of Mount Eon In Valhaven. The adults tell these stories to little 'Kami to keep them in check, but little do they know that there is some truth behind the legend, as always. He has one primitive drive and that is to survive. Survival of the fittest is his motto. A wild spirited Rukami like this has no place in the world. So he keeps to himself in his fortress of solitude. A loner all his life he has no plans on changing his ways.

Backstory: Shaggy was abandoned as a pup. A very small pup. His mother was killed by a giant animal with a massive rack of antlers. If he had any guess, he was probably only a few days old when he was on his own. He has no memory of anything beforehand but he swears that he could remember the warm bodies of others, and small whines..maybe a white fluffball?.....naaah can't be true.

He was raised by the wild, fighting mother nature with all his might. A warrior survivalist from the moment he was born. He was forced to feed off of the carcass of his mother. The savagery was shown early on, no one there to teach him other wise. A darkness took over him and he never could revert back to an innocent pup, it was lost right there and then. He grew to be strong, the meat lasted a while and he got big fast. He was able to hunt his own game and feed himself at an early age. Learning nothing else but hunting and surviving. He migrated to these lands as an adolescent and took control. He has been alone all of his life which has caused him to go somewhat insane. The Rukami of Valhaven cursed this Rukami that had come to these lands. They were scared to death of him. He was a terrorizer and attacked the village frequently for food. These are where the stories came from. A monster roamed the lands close by and there was nothing they could do about it. Until he drove himself away.

He had no knowledge on how to not over-hunt which would keep the population of prey high. No. He killed whenever he could. Fed himself whenever he had the chance. He chased the prey out of their home and further up the mountain. So he followed.

At the peak of Mount Eon Shaggy found a suitable place. His pelt was naturally thick so the environment didn't affect him much. The prey here were strong and fast on the mountain slopes. Giant horns protruded out of their heads. But they were no match for him. He adapted quickly. He has ruled the mountain for years and has strived up there. Sometimes you can hear the roar of this monster echo across the lands. It seems to only occur during full moons, a time where Rukami have always believed that your beast within can arise.

Art: Image

Last edited by .Ape. on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dimitri

Postby koegami » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:35 am

Last edited by koegami on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Username:
sapphirespirit
Name:
Krishna
Name Meaning:
"Dark" in Sanskrit , also the incarnation of a Hindu God
Extras:

GIF:
Art:
Click
Personality:
Krishna is aggressive and there's no denying that. He's got a hellacious temper, and a short fuse to boot. While he seldom indulges in the company of other Rukamis, he isn't completely antisocial. He's certainly not fond of little ones, then again he isn't exceedingly fond of any thing in particular.

Poem:
In the shadows,
lurking still;
past the hallows,
o'er the Hills,

'Cross the river,
Through the wood,
He sees you quiver,
I'd Hide if I could.

Creeping quiet,
Moving Through,
Various diet,
Oh yes, including you.

Fiery Rage,
Razored Claws,
He can't be caged,
No time to pause.

Hurry now,
Quick as you Can,
He won't allow
escape by his hand.

Angry howls,
Roll from the Deep,
Snapping Jowls,
Spacious leaps,

Closing in,
Not too far,
Devilish grin,
Hellish Czar.

Darker than the Raven's Wing,
more haunting than its calls,
He's the Reining King,
in these Shadowed Halls.

Beast in Legend,
Terror in Lore,
Still Curiosity beckons,
Beckons us right through the door.

So when you walk alone at night,
And think all in the wood is well,
Be wary of his ending bite,
to drag prey back to Hell.

Last edited by sapphirespirit on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:03 am

Username:
~The Furry~
Name:
Tayerr
Name Meaning:
Dark, Ruthing, and Epic
Extra:
Will add art <3
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby auraspace169 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:18 am

Username:auraspace169
Name:Kage
Name Meaning:shade/shadow
Extra: this art piece

Kage was just a small pup, living with his mother and father as he had a wonderful life. he was always larger than most of the other rukami pups with canines so large and his jaw bone so obscure, he was called snaggedtooth by some, due to the fact all four of his canines stick out when he didnt speak. his parents smiled as he was born, the only black pup of the litter, giving him the name of Kage. he was happy, playing with other pups until one day the unfortunate happened. great creatures that were dragon like in appearance and huge claws equipped to their already armored bodies. when this rukami was playing, he accidentally stumbled upon their land, his curiosity raging as he began to find items around their caves. he done what any pup this age would do, take what he found. he didnt know they belonged to the dragons, so when he finally stumbled home, something didnt smell right. the metallic scent was unknown to the male until he remembered that this was the smell of a fresh kill. he got closer and closer to the creature that still remained, holding something kage didnt know what was until he was close enough to smell it. it was his mother, her body limp in the dragon's claws. with widened eyes full of shock and rage, the rukami had no choice but to run away, since he was a smart rukami that knew that couldnt take on a dragon like that by himself at this age. with all the rage that now coursed his body, he became stronger over the years, and with that, his mind was focused on nothing but hatred toward the dragon like creatures as well as revenge. every day, he took on a creature larger than the last, the only training that he had to prevent these dragons from taking what little he had left. for years, he had a small necklace around his neck that held a picture of his parents, which the small chain stretched due to him being so big, and it was always hidden in the shaggy fur of his. one day, he felt as if he was powerful enough to take on these dragons. he hunted each one one by one until there was only two left. one was a female expecting hatchlings, and the other, the one who killed all he loved. an epic battle raged between the two, ending in a dead dragon, and the rukami that was rammed into a tree with enough power to make him forget everything that happened. the family he once had, the dragons, everything but the sense of rage he had left. now, he lives alone since he was dubbed dangerous and deadly, now in rage for a reason he could no longer remember. he often questioned the fact he still had the necklace, a picture inside a locket held by a broken chain.
Last edited by auraspace169 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
auraspace169

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PurpleKakashi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:10 am

boop
PurpleKakashi