Rarity: Rare

Foals:
NebulaImage
BetelgeuseImage
NaviImage
PolarisImage

Story:
Any creative intelligence, of sufficient complexity to design anything,
comes into existence only as the end product of extended process of gradual evolution.
Creative intelligence, being evolved, necessary arrive late in the universe,
and therefore cannot be responsible for designing it.
-Richard Dawkins

Stars always attracted Nova. Every night, she would glance up into the deep sky to catch a glimpse of a shooting star. But every night, it was complete and total darkness. No stars, no moon, no clouds, no nothing. It was as if she, herself was living in a black hole, never to see light again. All alone in the darkness, she rears boldly, challenging all those who oppose her. Casting a shadow on all life around her. Nova, screaming in rage turns and gallops, to search for new land.

It's been 3 years since she last seen light. But tonight, when she looked up, the wind ruffling her mane as she galloped across the dark landscape, a light flashed across the sky. She slammed her hooves into the ground, and watched in amazement as the light flew across the sky. It exploded into the distance, sending showers of star dust floating in the air. Then one by one, a twinkle, a flash, stars showed their faces lighting the sky. The moon, newly waxed slowly orbited across the sky, leaving a black wake in its path. Nova, happiness etched onto her face, felt a winter breeze, and for the first time in forever, felt at peace, at home.

It's been 2 years since she's seen light, and Nova can now navigate the stars in the galaxy, exploring the land and meeting new dams. They all crowd around her, listening to her tales of darkness, and soaking up her knowledge. She has finally found her home, but she can't stay still, so she sets off on an new adventure.

It's been 1 year since she's last seen her herd. Day and night, circulate around her, stuck in a vortex of running, searching for the flash. The light that raced across the sky 5 years ago, opening her life to bliss. Now, galloping through barren landscapes blackness engulfs her, the stars are sucked through wormhole, following the moon, and the sun. Again, she rears to the sky screaming in frustration, wanting to see the light again.
But this will never happen, for she is...
The black hole itself.
Last edited by Neara on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:25 am, edited 7 times in total.
Picarto.Tv [off] | Join.Me [off]
ImageImageImage
Art by: Andiliion, Folktale, & gators and feigns Avatar by: me
Comissions: DA/USD only Art Trades: same skill lvl only Requests: -never- Redline: yes
D.A.M. | Fan Club | Characters/Fursona | W.o.I.
Neara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DAM: Black Near Leopard Roan

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:57 pm

How lovely! c: Form will go here!
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:22 pm

work in progress :3

Your Name: ᴍʏᴛʜ + ᴅᴇsᴛɪɴʏ
    Horse's Name: Namibia
    Height: 15h
    Story:
      -
Last edited by myth; on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BIGBANGisVIP » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:22 am

Your Name: BIGBANGisVIP
Horse's Name: Honja (Korean for "Alone")
Story: Honja's favorite story is about the time she found her "Secret Location" as she calls it. Honja was out in the desert, near her herd's boundary when she spotted something in the distance. She at first thought it was a mirage, something not uncommon to see in the desert but, as she got closer she noticed it was moving and it certainly was not a mirage. Honja by this time was becoming fearful, but being the curious mare she was she swallowed her fear and marched on with all of the bravery she had boiling inside of her. Now as she was getting closer she realized it was not an animal, it was a palm tree! A desolate palm tree was located at the far boundary, now Honja was sure that no one else knew about this palm tree, and even if someone else in the herd did she certainly wouldn't ask about.
Honja now decided to name the tree Secret Location, she claimed it as her secret hideout and resting place that was designated for her only.
And when she returned to the herd she told no one about and never has to this day. Secret Location remains to her just that, a secret location.
Last edited by BIGBANGisVIP on Mon May 12, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIGBANGisVIP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:11 am

Your Name: Penultima
Horse's Name:
Story:

WIP

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Your Name: K~Dog
Horse's Name: Journey to the Black Hole Nova
Story:
Any creative intelligence, of sufficient complexity to design anything,
comes into existence only as the end product of extended process of gradual evolution.
Creative intelligence, being evolved, necessary arrive late in the universe,
and therefore cannot be responsible for designing it.

-Richard Dawkins

Stars always attracted Nova. Every night, she would glance up into the deep sky to catch a glimpse of a shooting star. But every night, it was complete and total darkness. No stars, no moon, no clouds, no nothing. It was as if she, herself was living in a black hole, never to see light again. All alone in the darkness, she rears boldly, challenging all those who oppose her. Casting a shadow on all life around her. Nova, screaming in rage turns and gallops, to search for new land.

It's been 3 years since she last seen light. But tonight, when she looked up, the wind ruffling her mane as she galloped across the dark landscape, a light flashed across the sky. She slammed her hooves into the ground, and watched in amazement as the light flew across the sky. It exploded into the distance, sending showers of star dust floating in the air. Then one by one, a twinkle, a flash, stars showed their faces lighting the sky. The moon, newly waxed slowly orbited across the sky, leaving a black wake in its path. Nova, happiness etched onto her face, felt a winter breeze, and for the first time in forever, felt at peace, at home.

It's been 2 years since she's seen light, and Nova can now navigate the stars in the galaxy, exploring the land and meeting new dams. They all crowd around her, listening to her tales of darkness, and soaking up her knowledge. She has finally found her home, but she can't stay still, so she sets off on an new adventure.

It's been 1 year since she's last seen her herd. Day and night, circulate around her, stuck in a vortex of running, searching for the flash. The light that raced across the sky 5 years ago, opening her life to bliss. Now, galloping through barren landscapes blackness engulfs her, the stars are sucked through wormhole, following the moon, and the sun. Again, she rears to the sky screaming in frustration, wanting to see the light again.
But this will never happen, for she is...
The black hole itself.

*Art done by WingsOfNight
Last edited by noreptiles_ on Sat May 17, 2014 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER
▬ // OF HIS \\ ▬

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

ImageImage
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shrimpdog » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:19 pm

-
Last edited by shrimpdog on Sun May 18, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
shrimpdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby x-Birch-x » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:10 am

Your Name: Squirrely Girl
Horse's Name:Nara
Story:
After some time of traveling over seething hot sands, Nara has sighted a new oasis. So cooling, the water dazzling, the call of other DAM's- it sounded soothing. Breaking into a slow trot, as sweat rolled down her back and sides, she gradually made it closer to the oasis. The grasses, which were splashed with water- felt soothing to her hot cloven hooves. Sniffing around for a good spot- she tucked her legs under herself and began to roll, the refreshing coolness on her back felt great and standing up she shook. Her body now covered in grass stains, with some dirt patches as well on her legs. Shaking off what she could, she saw a great pool of water and gave a sharp whinny and sprang a buck and cantered over, running into the pool of water until she was wither deep in.

A shy voice spoke up, "You seem to be enjoying yourself miss". The happy nicker came from a Palomino DAM, Nara- a little head strung, looked away and replied "yeah, it's tiresome to find a human out here. They give treats, but they won't hesitate to try and catch you. You just have to be agile, like me." Nara snorted.
"You must be so brave!" the mare continued.
Nara, feeling irritated got out of the water and shook off, whipping her tail so she got the mare wet. "Sure." Nara rolled her eyes.
"Hey, I have some extra fruits over here, want to enjoy some with me?" She asked, shaking off the water from her coat.
"Whatever, where." Nara pressed.
The palomino mare had entered into a fast paced trot over to a few rocks and some trees with shade, and nudged out the fruit she hid from everyone else.
"Why did you hide them?" Nara asked confused.
"Some colts seem to keep stealing my fruits..." She looked down.
"I'll scare them away, I'm pretty mean." The palomino mare stood in an awkward stance.
Nara gave out a loud whinny, "Gosh you're adorable"
"I am not adorable! I don't have spots...You have so many, I'm kinda jealous... " The mare sighed heavily, cracking open a few fruits and eating the juicy centers.
Nara snorted, "You're born with what you have, not having spots is just as beautiful as one with spots." She nuzzled the mare.
"Seems you have calmed down a bit!" The mare raised her spirits. "You seemed annoyed with me."
"Eh, I'm like that. Is it weird? Do you want me to be mean?" Nara pinned her ears.
A small nicker came from the mare, "I'm Torin."
Sighing, Nara introduced herself. "I'm Nara."
Featured DAM:
Torin- owned by me
Last edited by x-Birch-x on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hey guys, I check in here once in a while. If you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM!

x-Birch-x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G.L'S » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:09 am

Your Name: G.L'S
Horse's Name: Valkyrie
Story:
To sit in solemn silence in a dull dark dock,
In a pestilential prison with a lifelong lock.
Awaiting the sensation of a short sharp shock,
From a cheap and chippy chopper on a big, black block.
~ W.S. Gilbert

There was a time in her life that Valkyrie knew death well.
So well in fact, she was practically his muse.
Death evaded her but plagued everyone else she knew, ever since the day she was born. From the moment she was presented to her herd, the lead mare accosted her for being cursed, after all, her own mother died bearing her. She raved that the little speckled filly would be the end to them all. At first no one believed her, but then things started to occur...
When the elderly began to die in numbers when once previously healthy, the herd turned to her for someone to blame. Her antisocial awkward personality was an excuse for them to ostracize her, something she never forgot. They segregated her and made sure she stayed alone, but she was smarter than them. Despite the coldness or the loneliness of this fate, she said nothing and spared her pride. Although they thought her cursed, they never let her leave. She believed it her father's doing for keeping her in this portable cell rather than letting her go alone. She then first saw death in his cruel social form, looking at her but having no intentions with her...at least not the ones she thought. She stayed at an arm's length from the herd during her formative months and grew up to be mildly crippled socially. It wasn't until she was a yearling that she saw Death rear his ugly head again.

They had been living in close quarters with other DAMs around, sharing the same water hole. Since it was the only one for miles, they had to let Valkyrie drink from it. Months after settling, the young and old grew sick with cholera. It spread to the adults and swept through the herd like wildfire. As they grew sick and lay dying, Valkyrie was the only one spared. Since her trips to the water hole were extremely regimented and therefore rarer as well as being segregated, she was spared the worst of the illness. The others screamed for redemption from their curse and accosted Valkyrie even from their death beds. The smaller mare said nothing, feeling obligated to silently watch as the disease that made her insides ache kill the others.

She finally moved on when everyone was peaceful, when she felt her duty was complete to all who passed on to the other side. Anyone she ran into after she left was naturally wary of the black speckled mare, as if she had an aura that was threatening or foreboding. She figured out Death's sick game when she realized that she always found DAMs whenever they were ill or not long for this world. She never understood though how she never contracted disease or died along with them when she clearly should have. She anticipated the harrowing illnesses that spread so rapidly around her and waited for wildfires to nick her heels like everyone else. She accepted her fate yet somehow she was spared. For years, she awaited for Death to finally claim her, but for some reason he never did.

As she aged, she found herself still young with vigour when others her age were growing elderly or dead. She could never tell if she aged and never realized since her coat could spare grey quite well if she grew some. Still making her way around Death's game of Life, she completed her missions to anyone she met and this was usually comforting the dying and lamenting their loss. She had long since accepted mortality as an issue for the living and somehow felt exempt from this. Not that she was immortal, it felt more like she had an unending mission and would only die when that was done. Despite the looks others gave her, she kept to her business and does what she can. Death might have been her superior before, but with age and wisdom she had risen to be his equal. Something far better than immortality.
Last edited by G.L'S on Sun May 11, 2014 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╔═════════════╗

We Played Hide and

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sage | They | Bae
Sup y'all. I'm just a person
stumbling through life and
trying to adult as best I can.
Feel free to say hello.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WMEs-DAMs-Chrys-GSAs-SMWs-Thread

╚═════════════╝
G.L'S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lichenfeather » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Your Name;;
Lichenfeather here, trying out for yet another DAM.
Horse's Name;;
Selene, the original Greek goddess of the moon. She is the daughter of the titans Hyperion and Theia. She was closely associated with Artemis and Hecate, all three being considered 'lunar goddesses', however she was the only actual personification of the moon.
Height;;
15hh
Gender;;
Mare
Story;;

WIP

Sadly, real life makes it impossible for me to try for this beauty. May she go to the best home.
Last edited by lichenfeather on Mon May 05, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lichenfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me