Ceiral #122 by Pine.

Based on Click to view
Artist Pine. [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ceiral #122

Postby Pine. » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:26 am

Hhhh trying to bring ceirals back to life again ;-; I've had to pretty much drop everything, but I hope to start doing more

This guy/gal is actually blind!

Easy competition! In 300 words or less (no more than 300 words), tell me how they went blind or how they "see" their surroundings. I'm looking for creativity and writing the max amount does not mean it'll be the best. If someone can achieve something truly creative in less than 100 words, go for it!

Ends in a week. No Extras. Small name explanations allowed. Prettying up is allowed, but please don't use a bunch of gifs or images, it distracts from the form and slows my comp down.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]300 words on how they went blind/how they "see":[/b]
Art State wrote:Commissions:
-Closed
Art Trades:
-Closed
Requests:
-Closed
My Links wrote:Ask.fm:
-X
DeviantArt:
-X
Ceirals:
X
No longer on chickensmoothie, please contact me via deviantart

Pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ceiral #122

Postby geotalon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:01 am

Username: .Talon
Name:
300 words on how they went blind/how they "see":

Re-ser-ved
geotalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Savagely Small » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:41 am

Is this still going on Pine?
Savagely Small

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pine. » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:46 am

Savagely Small wrote:Is this still going on Pine?

Yep, it is <3
Art State wrote:Commissions:
-Closed
Art Trades:
-Closed
Requests:
-Closed
My Links wrote:Ask.fm:
-X
DeviantArt:
-X
Ceirals:
X
No longer on chickensmoothie, please contact me via deviantart

Pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Savagely Small » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:54 am

Hachiko

Username:Savagely Small
Name:Hachiko
300 words on how they went blind/how they "see":Hachiko uses her other senses,Hearing,Taste and Scent.She listens to her surroundings to create up a replica of her surroundings in her imagination,It helps her to sense other Ceiral's and think of how they look in general.Hachiko uses her,blindness to help improve her other senses.
Savagely Small

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiraeth + hound » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:55 am

Username: ★ ʀ ᴀ ᴡ ʀ ★

Name: Sawyer ♥

300 words on how they went blind/how they "see": Sawyer’s inability to see happens to just be an unfortunate birth defect. His other senses are much sharper than average, especially his hearing. Besides using his other senses, Sawyer sees clearly through his feet. Yes, it does sound a bit strange. He uses his sensitive paw pads to feel vibrations in the ground and can get a rough outline of the being.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌──────────────────┐

no longer active
avatar - saturnus . sig art - wolberdan
commissions

| DA | I G |

└──────────────────┘

hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Valute » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Username:
Doveheart
Name:
Shiloh (shye-loh)
Its a Unisex name meaning "his gift"
though it can also be translated as "peace".
both of these meanings reflect on what I
see as the personality of this ceiral.
In no way does Shiloh feel that his blindness has any negative impact on his quality of life;
In fact quite the opposite. Shiloh feels that because he is un able to see he isn't restricted
by the vision that holds others back. Since he has never seen the world with his eyes as
he has been blind from birth de doesn't feel deprived in anyway. although be may be
unable to view the world as other Ceiral's do he coupes just fine instead using his other
senses to 'create' the world around him.
The Other Art Gallery - link - link - link
Valute

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolf Shadowstalker » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Username:
Wolf Shadowstalker

Name:
Arona, a Hawaiian name meaning "colorful."

Arona pays careful attention to her surroundings, taking note of the texture of the surface beneath her paws, while constantly rotating her ears to catch the barest hints of what might be around her. The pace she makes may be achingly slow, but she wants to understand the world around her as best as she can and absorb every new thing she learns. While she gets around by herself well enough, it's only because she's lived in the same small town for years, and, as much as she hates to admit it, even then she needs help every once in a while when she takes a wrong turn or is on the hunt for some object. The thing that bugs her most about her sight is that she has never been able to experience "color." She's heard so much about the beauty of scenery like sunsets and flower fields and autumn, and she's jealous that she'll never be able to understand what it's like.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Wolf Shadowstalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:52 am

Username: PhantomETC, a nonowner who's hoping to make this lovely lady her first.
Name: Ashoka meaning "without sorrow."
300 words on how they went blind/how they "see": "Don't stay out too late, Ashoka! And be back before dark!"
"Yes, Mama!" cried out young Ashoka, a Ceiral of about ten years old. She giggled and darted off into the woods, as she normally did on Saturday afternoons. The little girl worried not about the dangers of life. She hardly worried about anything.
Which, subsequently, would lead to her downfall.
It started out as a normal hike in the woods. Ashoka explored many new areas, climbed large trees, and chased squirrels around to see if she could catch them. All was well and merry. The girl didn't give a single care as to what lethal villain could be lurking around every corner.
Suddenly, a a blur of red, white, and black darted past her legs. A fox.
Ashoka gave a squeal of delight and clambered after it, giggling and shrieking excitedly. To her, foxes were nothing more than puppies. Wriggling, fluffy puppies.
The fox raced up a hill; Ashoka scampered close behind it, nearly within an arm's length of its tail. Ashoka screeched gleefully, reaching out to grab it just as they reached the top of the hill.
She wasn't expecting the fox to take a sharp left turn seconds before she fell. And she certainly did not expect the hill to drop down such a steep drop into blunt, hard rocks.
Ashoka let out a frightened scream as she fell, before landing on her back and hitting her head against the cold floor. Everything suddenly went black.
---
Ashoka's mother sent out a search party to find Ashoka well after dusk. When it seemed all hope was lost, a soft crying was heard from a cave.
Ashoka had crawled inside it bout an hour earlier. The shock from the fall knocked her corneas out of place. She was blind.

300 words exactly.
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tart » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Username: Tart a non owner who absolutely adores them <3
Name: Azieyal
Azieyal wasn't born blind, but one day when he was nothing but a small careless child.
Azieyal was playing with his friends in the forest near some mountains. They wanted to go further into the mountain, Azieyal agreed.
As they ventured forth they stumbled upon a hot spring a beautiful mineral rich looking one. The children giggled in anticipation, first wanting to see how hot it was they told Azieyal to jump in. Thinking nothing of it he plunged in. It turned out that the hot spring was full of acidic chemicals, and was extremely hot. The water seeped into his eyes as he tried to get out and managed to with help. All of his fur was gone, he was blind and was traumatized. Azi was extremely sick, unable to hold body heat, and constantly was on the verge of dying from the nasty chemicals. His beautiful brown hair grew in black for him to retain heat easier. The way he 'sees' is that he has enhanced senses. But even then that is not enough sometimes so he memorizes places and sometimes marks them with a ribbon, (that means step up) A feather (Step down) and several other items that help him know what to do. He also has a 'voice' that sometimes pops into his head and warns him about things he can't hear. (226 words)
Sup I'm old and I'm back
it's me ya trash boi
pm if you want

xxxxxxxxxxx
    I take commissions!
    dA
    ask or follow journal for new dA/examples
    Kalons
xxxxxxxxxxx
Tart

My pets
My items