Artist Foul [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
113 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Pine.

Kiamara 418 - Nico - winner pg 17

Postby Foul » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:02 am

A kiamara is a wolf/lion-like creature. They have long, fluffy manes on the top of their heads, running down between their shoulders. They all have spots on their bodies- a trait in which will never be bred out of their DNA. They also have feathers- every Kiamara is given feathers when they reach the age of 2 years old. Their diet consists of fruit as well as meat- they prey on similar creatures that wolves would. Kiamara can be very shy before they get to know you. Can you win a Kiamara's heart?

This guy's based off of Nico from the PJO books ;D
      can i get a heck yeah

Owned by Three

Note: Although he is based off of a book character, it doesn't matter if you've read the books or not! In fact, i prefer personalities that have been created by you over personalities copy/pasted from a book
Last edited by Foul on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

'sup
call me Foul or Owl

I really enjoy Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Fullmetal Alchemist: B and Over the Garden Wall

I'm taking a nice, long hiatus from CS and partially from DA. If you'd like to contact me, the best way to do so would be to send me a message on my Art Blog.

deviantartAsk.fmtumblrart blogkias

art by pandora., icon by rrrai
Foul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara 418 - Nico

Postby teethpaste » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:03 am

cloudishcat

Nicros

Nicros. Yes, he's shy but he's also bold at the same time. See he has a way of making two possible things mix to make them impossible. This boy is not your typical kind of person; he's special, like no other. He's always been very shy and lacked in confidence. When he isn't so shy though, like when he's alone, he's bold and brave. No one can get in his way, and not just because no one's there but also because he has that strength that will only activate at certain times.
Here he is.
It's a late night in summer. The sky, a dark purple with bright glowing stars and a big bright moon lighting the sky. Suddenly I'm approached by a tall, well built figure. "Ey, pal," He says in a southern accent. "You out 'ere alone, eh?" I can tell he's trying to get something out of me and so I stay calm and just answer him as if it was someone I knew. "Yes, I am and if you don't mind I'd like to get to the bus stop before I miss the bus." I politely replied and the moment I stopped speaking his facial expression changed to a somewhat angry or annoyed look. "Right mate, I don't like the way you just talked to me so we're gonna 'ave a little talk. Eh buddy!" He was angry. "No, we aren't because you are a waste of time. Why don't you scoot along now before someone, by someone I mean you, get's hurt." Yet again his facial expression changed but to a happy look, or a devious look. "As if a little fella like you could 'urt me. Hah! Go on try." The man chuckled, at this point I realised it was not in fact a man but a teenager with a lot of courage and no manners or sense. "Look 'pal' if you don't leave soon I'll have to do something. You see this fist here? It will enter your face if you don't move so I suggest leaving. Now!" I said boldly and he realised what he was in for and apologised then left. Luckily I got to the bus in time and there weren't any seats alone so I had to sit next to a pretty lady with long red hair. She talked to me once but it was just to ask me to move so she could get off. Then I was left alone for a while until another person joined me on the seat. It was a young boy nothing like the ma- boy I had just met, see what I dislike about myself is that it's only at times I can be brave like that. Most of the time I'm just a wimp but I hadn't gotten much sleep the previous night and I had had a long day working so I couldn't wait to get home and he was stopping me from doing that so I really had no choice but to put him in his place. Served him right, boy should learn some manners. I arrived home and I thought everything was fine until I noticed I had left my phone at work, honestly I wasn't too bothered about it all I cared about at that moment was sleeping. My stomach grumbled and rumbled and so I decided to order some Thai food from a take out service called Go Go Get Me Food, not the best name in my eyes it's too long and a bit demanding but most people probably won't see it like I do. So I decided to sit down and wait for my food except I ended up drifting off and was woken by the ring of my door. The woman was large and had cracked lips that were a maroon colour; her hair was messy and grey. "I've got your food here pal, that'll be £9.30 please." Her voice was deep and I could tell that she did or used to smoke. "Here's the money." I said shyly while handing over the money. The bag was warm and the food let of steam when I opened it up sadly by the time I actually ate it it was dry and cold. So I went to sleep and woke up late the next day, it was lucky I didn't have anything planned. I rose from my pillow only to hear my house phone ring and so I went over to answer it. "Hello?" I said in a sleepy voice. Who else would it be but Doodle, she asked me if she could come round for dinner as her she would be around the neighbour hood around that time. I obviously said yes and this meant I would probably have to go out to buy some food to cook. It was about an hour until I got food and it was warm outside and the sky was clear, I decided to phone Doodle again just to ask if it was alright if it was a picnic instead and she said sure. I prepared some sandwiches and stuff so that we could just have a simple snackish dinner. We watched the clouds after we ate lunch and made some jokes about the shapes of clouds and then watched the sunset, it was okay but it took a long time until it was actually gone. Doodle helped me pack up and then left to go back to her own home. I also returned home and I didn't have much to do so I just watched some television, there wasn't anything good on so I decided to watch Godzilla which was alright I guess. I skipped some of it and so I didn't really understand it, after the movie I was a bit sleepy so I went to sleep and sadly the computer distracted me and I ended up watching VideoShare for a good two hours. I knew I'd be waking up late the next day.

Wip ^^

Last edited by teethpaste on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
    im teeth and i hate eggs

teethpaste

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leafe » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:04 am

Username;
Kia Name; Nico
Tell me his personality through a STORY;
One piece of art to go with the story;

res
Leafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kibbleeCat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:04 am

Username;
Kia Name; Nico (feel free to change)
Tell me his personality through a STORY; (Max 1,000 words)

possible reserve v u v
kibbleeCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jarvis » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:06 am

possible res. he's lovely.

✦ jarvis/chess ✦
✦ lover of flowers ✦
✦ neurodivergent ✦
✦ vis dev artist ✦
✦ believer in fairies ✦

Image Image

current hyperfixations:
fnaf, horror games in general
jarvis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hobbit Geek » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:06 am

Possible resevre ^^'

2. Art trade with ~soul~

-Heashot in sig by me
-Pixel by Pengu.
Hobbit Geek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oriole » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:07 am

username;;
12PeachTea
kia name;;
12Nico Rybeck
his story;;
12 It was a beautiful autumn morning, the sky bright and clear. But it was dead silent. There was no typical squawking, or the noisy fluttering of wings. Nothing. Nothing but the presence of death looming over the household. The hours ticked by, and no one stirred. Finally, at 9:00am, a young, perhaps maybe mentally 14 year old kiamara walked into the garden. He noticed the strange stillness, and immediately ran up to Sun, his Myna Bird's, cage. She was not on a perch, or at the feeder; Sun was limp on the floor of the cage. The once glossy black feathers were now dull, and so were her eyes, lifeless. No sense of life. Hoping for the best, Nico picked up the limp body is his paws. This should not be happening. Only about 11 hours ago, the two were playing, practicing a new trick. It might of seemed a bit far fetched, but Sun was quite smart. Nico was trying to teach her a language that only they understood. It was near perfection, only a few things left to do. They would've made it into history. Nico wished for the best, and turned the bird around. There seemed to be no injury or anything peculiar. Hopefully she was simply unconscious. But no matter how many times he tried to convince himself, Nico had to accept the truth. His beloved bird was dead. Nico fell to the floor, and sobbed. Soon, his mother came out and tried to comfort him, but it didn't help. Getting a new bird wouldn't help. This fateful, horrible day, would change his life for a long time to come.

12About a year later, Nico went to the place where he buried Sun. He took a shovel and dug her up, but there was nothing left but her skull and a few remaining feathers. He quickly got a piece of string and fashioned them onto his tail. Then he slung on a backpack with some food, water, money, and entertainment in it.
12"So you can always be with me," Nico whispered to himself. The stars were still out, shining for him. He quietly crept out of the garden, and into the streets. He past the familiar buildings in his life, Nico's friends and neighbor's homes. He started to sprint past it all, things whooshing by. The air was cold, windy, but magically comforting at the same time. His hair whipped in the breeze. Straight ahead could he see the forest in which he lived near. Suddenly his fur brushed against a prickly bush, and then Nico tripped over a tree root. He was growing scared, but he wasn't going back. Not ever. Nico continued along, going clumsy though the forest. The trees rustled menacingly, but the only thought in his head was to get as far away as he could from his old home. Adrenaline pulsed through his body as he pushed forward, forgetting the meaning of tiredness. The cold night wind blew through his fur. Nico started seeing things, shadows in the shape of wolves and birds. They darted in front of his eyes, taunting him to catch them. He swatted at the shadows, but they did not disappear. Confused and lonely, he slumped underneath a tall shady tree with rivers of moonlight cascading down from the spaces between the branches. What was he thinking, running away from everything Nico knew of. He could see the lights of the neighboring city, very dim but full of hope for a new beginning. Nico soon nodded off to sleep, with the thought of going there in the morning.

12The city was bustling with traffic, cars driving by and pedestrians on the side walk. Kids romped around in the central park. Nico walked along the streets, checking out the bright neon signs. One read "CaringHands Charity". Curious, Nico pushed his way pass the door. A young, perhaps 20 year old kiamara sat at the information desk, drumming her pencil against a notebook. She looked up when she came in.
12"Yes, what did you come for?" she asked in a slightly annoyed tone. He grunted, unsure what to say.
12"Um, I was just looking around, yeah," Nico stammered. He walked around the building with his hands in his jacket pockets. There was nothing really special about it, very light green walls, some inspirational posters hung up on them. Besides the help desk with a big wooden box labeled Donations, and in it where four dividers, Food, Toys, Clothes, and Misc. The only things in the toys section were some puzzle pieces and a ragged old teddy bear. In divider labeled Food, all that resided in it was a package of soggy hamburger buns. Nico turned toward the desk lady.
12"If it isn't rude to ask, could you tell me a bit more about this organization?" he asked. Maybe it was a small, grin, but the Kiamara at the desk seemed to brighten up a bit.
12"Rarely anyone bothers to ask that, they treat this like a place to throw all your usable," she put air quotes around the word usable, "trash. But anyways, we give away all the things people donate to kids, adults, and the needy who live in our city. We also raise money to send to other Kias who live across the country."
12"That's very nice of you," Nico said. The lady sighed.
12"But ask you can probably tell, it's not been very successful so far." she replied
Nico slipped his backpack off his back and unzipped the zipper. He took it and dumped the remaining things onto the table.
12"Yours now," he said. Nico turned away and headed for the door. The bell hanging from the door knob clanked, and then the warm afternoon wind blew it shut. (962 Words)

artwork;;
12Image
by [ Fail in Love ]
Last edited by oriole on Sat May 10, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 55 times in total.
oriole

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➢ nico

Postby mercury. » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:07 am

Image ᴜ s ᴇ ʀ ɴ ᴀ ᴍ ᴇ
three.

Image ɴ ᴀ ᴍ ᴇ
nico

Image s ᴛ ᴏ ʀ ʏ

ImageThe pool glittered with stars, and Nico wondered if that's where she was. He wondered that if he could just reach out and touch one, he might feel her fingers, her hand. He tried to remember the last time she held him and he laughed. A dark, humourless sound that rang out in stark contrast to the soft chirping of crickets. He knotted his hands in the grass, as if trying to keep himself from floating away, from reaching her. She was gone, and this foolish reminiscing would only serve to wreck him. What was there left to wreck, though, he was ruined. It was her fault, because she was gone. He would never see her laugh or her smile, and so he decided no one would ever see his.
ImageThere wasn't a thing he wouldn't do to get her back, he'd trade his soul, his life. Hell, he'd tried that already. She was gone, and some part of him knew that he was too.
ImageShe'd died in pain and that was what hurt him. She'd died alone and that was what really broke him. He didn't know what was worse: that she didn't see him or the way he last saw her.
ImageHer arms were extended, bent at an awkward angle. There was blood everywhere, pooling around her head and her back like wings. It was on her hands, her fingers.

ImageFingers.

ImageFirst memories. Crossing the street, traffic. A metallic streak whizzing by his face, blowing his hair away. He had stepped back from the curb, and right into a pair of legs. His sister. She had looked down with kind, smiling eyes and held out her hand. He loved her hands, the feeling of her hand in his, so secure.

ImagePale fur stretched over delicate finger bones. A thumb, telling him he was doing well, reassuring him that he was doing things right. An index finger, hushing him, keeping him silent, keeping him from harm when she heard the heavy foot falls in the corridor. A middle finger, sticking straight out, warning people to stay away from him. Perhaps that was why she was his only friend. Was that her intention? Somehow he didn't really mind. A ring finger, one that would always be bare. A pinky finger, promising him, "I'll always be here for you". Liar, Liar.

ImageLiar, liar,
ImagePants on fire, hang you from a telephone wire!

ImageSing-song voices rang in his ears and Nico ducked his head, trying to stop them from staring, the looks that burned through his coat and seared him. It was impossible, they surrounded him.

Image"I swear, I swear I heard it talk!" he cried, voice cracking, verging on desperation. More jeering. Why was it so hard for them to hear. He could always pick it up. The faintest of cries, some language foreign to his ears. He found calm in things like this. Things he alone could hear. It was nice to have something that was only his. He had shared so much during his life, but this was his.
Image"Just shut up, we know you're telling lies." Nico closed his eyes and shrunk. He closed his mouth, there was nothing he could do to make them believe. Nothing he could say. He clutched the bird's crumpled body closer to him, traces of blood on his fingers.

ImageFingers.

ImageThere was nothing delicate about this. She was gone, this was not how he wanted to remember her. The empty look in her dark eyes mirrored in his own. A pungent smell hung over them, death. Under it all was a sweet smell. Vanilla. Her perfume, he remembered. Her pale fur was desecrated, blood smeared across her cheeks.
ImageNot how he wanted to remember her, but how could he ever forget?
ImageHe stared at her broken body and could not understand why she was silent. Of all the dead things he encountered, she was the only one he wanted to hear. It wasn't fair.
ImageThe usual scream that came from a body did not come, and Nico missed it. Because any sound from her mouth was melodic. A curse, a song, a scream. Beautiful.
ImageShe was still beautiful in death. Angelic even.

ImageHis hands scraped away at the soft earth, fingernails dirty and knuckles red. He sat back on his knees and stared at the hole with satisfaction. Little stones and dark brown soil created the perfect home. He lifted the plant from the pot, loam still clinging to the roots. She really was going to be pushing daisies now. A quaint expression for the end of one's days. He smiled, reading over her headstone. It was sincere, one reserved only for her. Genuine.

ImageNico reached out, fingers grazing her cold, lifeless ones. There was no squeeze, no stroke of a thumb in his palm. Just the sticky sensation of congealed blood. Disgusting. He stared at their hands and recoiled, holding his own away from him. Abomination. His mouth went dry and he looked away. Liar. Beautiful. Disgusting. Angelic. Abomination. Genuine. Nico.

ImageHe felt as though his head, or his heart, or both would burst. Hopefully both.

all art + dividers by shinjis/rye
Last edited by mercury. on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 24 times in total.
mercury.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby versicolor » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:07 am

Username; versicolor
Kia Name; Noah

"Noah, your hands are bleeding."

"It's okay, I've been dead seven years."

res omg
Last edited by versicolor on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dream pet acheived 1/6/14 ♥
Yo I used to be Jelli.
versicolor (adj.) - 1. changing in color, iridescent: versicolor skies.
2. of various colors

ask.fm
mac and cheese
versicolor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:09 am

Username; iJellybean
Kia Name; Nico (feel free to change)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ And I lost you
The one I was dancin' with
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky
and it was maroon
- Taylor Swift

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toyhouse bsktcase ✦ Discord bsktcase#0423
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moon Light Kennels