Artist Pine. [gallery]
Time spent 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ceiral #74 Fearless Fall

Postby Pine. » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Owner: Andiliion
Name: Yaku

Screeee I had so much fun making this one. She's a special autumn bab since I'm not a huge halloween fan, but I wanted to do a special ceiral. Yes, that is a paper lantern tied to his/her tail. (S)he loves it, but it's difficult to keep lit when (s)he's moving around XD

The colors are from this palette I made, because I really wanted to try it out.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Where did (s)he get his/her lantern?[/b]
[b]Extra 1:[/b]
[b]Extra 2:[/b]
Last edited by Pine. on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Art State wrote:Commissions:
-Closed
Art Trades:
-Closed
Requests:
-Closed
My Links wrote:Ask.fm:
-X
DeviantArt:
-X
Ceirals:
X
No longer on chickensmoothie, please contact me via deviantart

Pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✯ erin martini otoño

Postby Lanana » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:08 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

username: Lana.
      name: Erin Martini Otoño

er·in mar·ti·ni o·toɲo
      erin means peace in gaelic; martini is an alcoholic drink; otoño means autumn in spanish
      nicknames are tini, marty, erintini eriiiiiiiiin

Erin is a laid back ceiral, who isn't afraid to speak her mind. She is a lover of the beach, and her career is a bartender at her own bar- where she happens to be the only worker. She can be a bit of a flirt sometimes, but she is trustworthy, and would commit to a relationship. She puts others before herself, but can't help but want things for herself too. Her career comes before anything, as it and her lantern are her more meaningful reminders of her idol; her "papa" (grandfather).

Q. What's your full name? *
      My name is Erin Martini Otoño.

Q. What does it mean? *
      Erin means peace, Martini is of course an alcoholic drink, and Otoño is simply Autumn in Spanish.

Q. Why is this your name? *
      I am not quite sure. I think my mother just liked the name Erin, and Martini... that may be because my grand papa used to own a bar- which I own now. Otoño, on the other hand, I have no clue about.

Q. Where are you from?
      I am from the Carribean, though my ancestors originate from Spain.

Q. Where did you get your lantern from? *
      It's a long story... my grand papa used to own a very popular bar by the beach, which was actually the bottom story of a house. He had lung cancer, and was in hospital at this time. My two cousins and myself were the only ones visiting him, because my parents had moved back to the Carribean. He was dying, and had told me, "I cannot let bar die..."; he did not have the best English, you see. Of course, he continued, declaring that I was to be the successor of the bar. About two minutes later, he died, and my cousins and I went to a festival in town. It was almost night time, and the sky was purple. We sat down on the grass and watched as lanterns flew up in the air. The lanterns had the name of the people living in the area. One had passed over my head, and I took it- it was my grandfathers. I could not let it go... so I kept it.

Q. How would you describe your personality? *
      Without being overly modest and at the same time not conceited, I would say I am a kind, helpful soul, who is extremely social. I am not very popular, but I'm sure everybody knows about my bar, and I get plenty of customers. I work hard and I am dedicated. I serve others, and am reliable. I admit, I can be a bit of a flirt, but I do enjoy giving compliments. I sometimes can be a bit judgemental, but that it only towards those who who are obsessed with themselves or are rude to others. I never insult others, unless they provoke me. I'm not very young, but I can have fun.

Q. Where is your favorite place?
      I enjoy sitting on the top floor of my shop- so basically the house-, but more specifically, out on a garden chair on the balcony, with a martini in hand as I watch the sun set behind the ocean. Living by the sea had it's many advantages, and at sunset and also sunrise, it is a good place to be.

Q. What are your hobbies?
      I enjoy sitting out on the balcony and watching the ocean, running the bar, swimming, reading poetry (I am not the best writer), and making art. I am terrible at all art, though, aside from oceans and sunsets.

* = questions in form

format: interview
      extra 2: art
      extra 1: extra questions

Last edited by Lanana on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ceiral #74 Fearless Fall

Postby Rosiestar » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:16 pm

-----Rosiestar--
      My username is Rosiestar but you can call me Rosie! ^^
      I don't currently own a Ceiral but I hope to own one soon.
      This girl is very pretty and I couldn't help but try out for her <3
      -----ランタン Rantan--
      If I were to win this girl, I would name her Rantan.
      Rantan means "Lantern" in Japanese. I think it
      suits her and is a very pretty name. Rantan doesn't
      really have a set nickname but a lot of people/Ceirals
      call her Rin for short. If they called her Tan or Ran it
      would just sound funny X3
      -----Female--
      Rantan would be a female if I were to win. She
      wishes nothing else and is glad she is a female Ceiral.
      -----Shy/Reserved/Quiet/Passive/Loving/Mystified--
      Rantan is easy to understand. Rin is VERY shy and almost
      physically can't speak in front of more than about 10 other
      Ceirals. She is very reserved and hardly ever expresses herself
      unless she is alone. Naturally Rantan is very quiet and almost
      never speaks anyway. Rantan is so passive she will pretty much
      agree with anything even if she disagrees. She loves almost everything
      and would never hurt a fly. What I mean by mystified is Rantan
      gets mystified easily. She gets really sentimental and can't speak for
      a few moments. This is pretty much what happens when she sees
      magic tricks or watches the sunset after a long day.
      When Rantan was little, she saw a few pictures of the Japanese Tōrō nagashi celebration (read more here). She fell more in love with the lanterns the more she stared at the pictures. Rantan promised herself she would go to see the lanterns someday. As time passed, every night Rantan thought about those lanterns. She tossed and turned in her bed before sneaking out to look at the pictures of the lanterns in the middle of the night. A few years passed and she was a small bit closer to being able to go. Rin made a jar and put money in it whenever she could. The jar was labeled "Lantern Festival Savings". Those were the savings she would use to go to Japan. Rantan waited longer and longer until she just couldn't take it anymore. "I gotta know." She said as she pulled the jar down. After about 10 years that jar was so full of money, Rantan counted it all up and realized she had enough for a trip there and back with some extra money for other things. After about 5 days of preparation, she bought the tickets and headed out. Rantan didn't have a bunch of stuff but she had a picture of the lanterns in her wallet. When the plane started to take off, the Ceiral looked over at her paws which were holding the picture of the lanterns. "Going for the festival?" He asked. Rantan nodded but didn't speak. As the sky grew dark, Rantan nestled her head into her travel pillow and fell asleep easily. That night she had a dream. Rantan was chasing a lantern. It wouldn't stop no matter how man times she called out. "Please!" She said. Until finally the lantern was in her reach when Rantan heard a voice. She woke up listened. It was her stop. Rin scrambled all her stuff together and beamed. "I can't wait any longer." She whispered to herself. When Rantan was off the plane she looked for her cousin. (If I hadn't mentioned this before, Rantan's cousin was Japanese. He isn't an actual Ceiral, just a little something for this story. Rantan is staying at his house until she goes back home.) Rantan looked and looked until she finally spotted him among the crowd. Running over to him she wrapped her arms around him and whispered "It's so good to see you!" He returned the hug and told her all about what living in Japan is like. They headed off to his house in his car. Rantan's bags clunked around in the back and cars zoomed by on either side of them. "I haven't heard about what you've been doing with your life." Her cousin said. "Well, it's been good but you know, college and all that. It's tough but I'm gonna live." It was the best when she talked to her family. Rantan could do that comfortably and non-passively. It was really nice for both of these Ceirals. When they reached his house Rantan burst out of the car and rushed to the back yard. Right from there was a perfect view of the river that the lanterns were going to float down. "Oh my goodness..." Her cousin walked up next to her and smiled. "Best view in Japan." He joked. That night Rantan slept soundly. She was staying on the couch, but that didn't bother her. When Rantan woke up the next morning, she scrambled off the couch and over to the window. She looked out and saw the lake. “Goodmorning!” the voice from behind Rantan startled her. “Don’t do that!” She said, laughing. Her cousin just shrugged and continued to cook breakfast. After they ate Rantan asked if she could go shopping. “You can do what you want! You are 18.” He chuckled. So Rantan went out to go shopping for a lantern. On her way to get one she caught something out of the corner of her eye. It was a dress. Kimono to be exact. It was the same colors as her fur and the silk looked like the softest thing she had ever seen. “wow…” she whispered under her breath. Rantan looked desperately around for a price tag. When she found it she sighed. It was so much money but with the extra she had from her jar she had just enough. Rantan walked into the store and pulled her purse out of her shorts. (this is in anthro) “I, would like to…” She trailed off, her shyness getting the best of her. “Buy that dress?” The man behind the counter said. “Yes please…” She handed him the money and nervously looked up. The Ceiral was old, but had a kind face. “I saw you walking by the other day.” Must’ve been when she had gone on her walk. “I was inspired and made that dress.” The man returned to work. He made dresses for a living and they were the most beautiful dresses Rantan had ever seen. She blushed at his comment and retrieved the dress from the stand it was on. “Thank you.” She said and folded it up into her bag. Rantan shuffled down the street. When she had reached the store there were lanterns in every open spot on the display. When she walked in there were more. So many different lanterns with different colors and different shapes. Rantan was almost overwhelmed with the sight of them. There was a younger female Ceiral at the counter. Rantan asked her about a bright red one that was sitting on a shelf. It was beautiful. “We have better ones.” The other Ceiral said. Rantan just shook her head and handed the girl the money. “Okay…” Rantan went and scooped up the lantern. She loved it even though it wasn’t the most fancy. Rantan arrived back at the house with a smile on her face. “Hey cuz!” She said happily. “Gonna get ready for tonight?” “Yep!” She bustled off to the bathroom. It was late afternoon by the time she got done. “That took awhile.” Her cousin laughed. Rantan gave a small smile. “A girl’s gonna do what a girl’s gotta do.” She stepped out of the bathroom and gave a small twirl. Her hair was in a perfect bun with little red pins and white sparkles. “Pretty!” Her cousin said. Now it was time for the dress. It fit perfectly, like it was made for her. The sleeves went past her waist and the skirt was down to the ground. Rantan twirled again and the dress shimmered. It was time for the festival. “I have to go now.” Her cousin said. He works a pocky shop and it was time for him to go work. Rantan grinned and nodded. Not that she wanted him to go, it’s just she wanted to be alone when the lanterns came. So her cousin left and she waited. Rantan caught a glimpse of light out of the corner of her eye. “They’re here!” She squealed happily. Rantan rushed out the back door with her lantern in hand. She settled on her knees by the river and watched. The lights were the most amazing things she had ever seen. They seemed to dance along the water and they floated in the air following the river. Rantan gasped and choked on her words “They’re amazing, I can’t believe my eyes.” She said. With a graceful paw she gingerly lit her lantern. It seemed to come alive with a burst of red light. Rantan gave the lantern a small push with her paws. It floated upwards and her eyes followed the lantern until it was lost in the light. Rantan stared “Good bye…” She sat in the same spot for a while, pretending to relive the moment over and over. Rantan finally went back in the house. She got back in her pajama’s and slept peacefully on the couch. In the morning when she woke up Rantan saw her cousin’s work uniform on the hook. There was a slight tap on the back window. “Who could that be?” She got up and wandered over to the window. There was a red glow coming from behind the curtain. When Rantan pulled the curtain open, her lantern was right next to the window. She opened up the glass door and the lantern swept in. “What are you doing? Don’t you want to go home to the sea?” The lantern was pushed in the warm breeze and went further into the house. Rantan closed the door and stared in awe at the lantern. She grabbed a piece of string and wrapped it around her tail. She attached it to the lantern and grinned. It stayed in the air. Her cousin came walking down. He looked more tired than ever. “I thought youd’ve sent it off with the rest.” He said. Rantan looked at him “I did, but it came back this morning.” Her cousin just rolled his eyes and smiled. “Oh Well.” He said. After Rantan went home the lantern still shined bright and never went out.
      THE END

(sorry it was so long ^.^; I got kinda carried away...)
      WIP

0e0019
c62630
fa6956
ff6c00
ffa296
ea8200
fe3d02
ed001a
Last edited by Rosiestar on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:48 am, edited 5 times in total.

Rosie ♡

my deviantartmy JBDs
nerdd <3ravennn

[insert friendly but also clever and funny text here]

Rosiestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:19 pm

reserved
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinnadaddy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:24 pm

dropping out
Last edited by sinnadaddy on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

sin - any pronouns - constantly tired
sinnadaddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby all patched up » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Dropping out
Last edited by all patched up on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
all patched up

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArizonaT3a » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:38 pm

Gorgeous possible reserve :3 c:
ArizonaT3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peachpie1164 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Username: Peachpie1164
Name: Lea
Personality:
Where did (s)he get his/her lantern?
Extra 1:
Extra 2:

Reserve/WIP XD
Hello~ I'm Peachpie1164~
Feel free to call me, Peach/y, Tao,
or anything else. My PM's are
always open and I'm always up for
a chat~
Peachpie1164

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby comatoastie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Username:
..:Shade:..
Name:
Fall
Personality:
timid • caring • clumsy • mischievous • fun loving • curious • smart
Where did (s)he get his/her lantern?
As a child Fall was very scared of the dark, like most cerials at her age she was scared of monsters and gools. But as Fall got older an matured she was still scared of the dark, she could never sleep properly and became a vet timid cerial. One night Fall was preparing to lay awake another night when she saw strange lights over the horizon. Fall was curious of these strange lights and wondered towards them. As she came looser she saw some humans and instantly squeaked in fear. They heard the squeak and came to investigate. Fall quickly hid but knocked a barrel over which made a loud thud noise the humans quickens there pace and looked around. Fall saw they where in her previous place and ran over to where they were. She saw the lights and grinned, suddenly an idea popped into her head. "I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I borrowed one" she said to herself. Fall grabbed one of the lights by its string and ran back. She came to here she usually would sleep and tied the light to I her tail. That night she fell asleep with no problem and has cherished her lantern.
Extra 1:
WIP
Extra 2:
Wip
Last edited by comatoastie on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art by Shewolf28
comatoastie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me