Ceiral #68 - winner by mango sherbet

Based on Click to view
Artist mango sherbet [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 2
29 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ceiral #68 - winner

Postby mango sherbet » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:46 pm

a teenage girl! I have an interesting contest for her, so listen carefully.

I want you to write a passage under 1000 words. you cannot divide it into sections with titles and everything, like many forms have- introduce me to the character in the most natural way possible. pretend you're writing an essay.

also, she must be based off a pre existing character. it can be fictional or a real person, girl or boy, even a mythical creature or goddess of any sort. try to make this character new and interesting while still carrying over the character she's based off of.

that's it. no art or the like may be included, though you can say anything you'd like in those 1000 words.

this contest ends on november 1st (subject to change)
Last edited by mango sherbet on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
more or less quit cs, you can contact me through:
deviantart - username: mango-sherbet
ask.fm - username: mangusherbet
tumblr - url: yitzbecca

mango sherbet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ceiral #68 - adoption

Postby IzzyBee » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Angels were something I knew so little about really, these images of them would appear in dreams, the feathers, the wings, the light that they were associated with. I didn’t understand them really. I studied angels more, I was curious now, to see what exactly they were and what they were associated with. I found the Nephilim, who were believed to be half angel; I didn’t quite get why though. I kept my research going until one time I came home from being out with my friend, every single book, drawing, painting, or image of angels were stripped from my room, even the odd runes I had begun to draw absentmindedly.

Of course I was angry, I mean, being me I was fiery little thing, even my friends thought so. “Hey Clare, what are you drawing this time?” My friend Simon asked, leaning over my shoulder, I was hunched over a paper and was drawing an angel, one I had seen in a dream the other night and I did not want to forget the angel I saw. “Drawing, what do you think Si?” I gave him a shove as to tell him I wanted my space. “Being spacey are we now Clarissa?” He teased, laughing a little as he situated himself on the edge of my bed.

I looked up at him for a moment before getting back into my drawing. I’m Clarissa Fay, a fiery teenager with an affinity for drawing, that’s my best friend Simon; we’ve known each other for pretty much our whole lives but never gone farther than the friend zone. I yawned a little, I heard Simon move a little, “How about we go over to Pandemonium tonight?” He suggested, his green eyes looking me over a bit. “Will that get you mind off your obsession over the angelic beings?” He mumbled under his breath, my eyes snapped up to him for a moment.

“It’s much more than you think Si, “I said to him, firmly but not angrily, I stood up, setting the sketchpad on my desk before turning to look at Simon. I leaned against my desk looking at my friend, “Why not? Pandemonium can get your mind off anything really.”

Dressed for the occasion of going to Pandemonium, a night club that me and Simon often visited just for the heck of it, we got past the bouncers and into the pumping beats, flashing lights and dancing creatures. I looked at Simon, my finger brushing his hand to get his attention, “I’m gonna go mingle, don’t got too far, “ I told him, getting on my tip toes to even be remotely close to his ear.

My friend nodded before I slunk off into the crowd, pushing past many creatures that looked entranced in whatever they were doing currently. The sound of the music and the lights and the smells were almost overwhelming tonight, but something caught my eye through the crowd. A graceful Cerial, her piercing blue eyes caught a hold of me before she disappeared into the fray. I blinked for a moment and shook off the moment, turning quickly around I bumped into someone, making me fall to the floor where I was glad I didn’t get trampled. The individual I had run into was a strong looking male Cerial, he held out a hand to help me up.

I obliged and took his hand; he steadied me, his green eyes so stunning, even for being in the lighting we were in. I didn’t get to look much closer at him before he turned and dissipated into the crowd, “Wait!” I called after him, pushing through others to follow after the male, and then I pushed through a door that I swore he had gone into.

I second guessed as soon as I walked in, the blue eyed female was standing there with a knife at someone’s throat. I froze cold before the green eyed male plunged another knife into the creature’s chest; no blood came from it though. I still stood petrified, “Jace, can she see us?” The blue eyed female asked the male. I gasped a little, taking a step back and stumbling again onto the floor. “Wha-What do you mean I can see you?” I breathed; trying to figure things out, the male helped me up again, “You must stop tripping over your feet, “He mumbled, moving into the shadows of the small closet.

“Hmph, well it seems you can see us, “The female scoffed a little, running a finger across the blade of the knife she held, shimmering dust and darkly colored fluid coated the silver. “Wh-why did you stab that person?” I squeaked my eyes wide as I looked at the pile of what looked to be ashes on the ground where the creature had disintegrated underneath their blade.
      “Just get her out of here Jace, she’s seen too much already, “The female waved her hand, using the other to put the dagger back into her belt, her blue eyes looked at me icily. The male moved back out of the shadows, “Sure Isabelle, “ He said flatly, “Come, let’s bring you back to your friend, “ He said, giving me a nudge at my shoulders.

I looked at him closer now, his eyes looked almost like emeralds, but his hair fell into his face and he kept me moving, once he brought me back to Simon, the last thing I saw of Jace was my imagination playing tricks on me, I swore I saw wings on his back, and maybe even a halo.

The character of Clarissa originates from the book series The Mortal Instruments, where Clary Fray is the main character whose world gets turned upside down when she finds out she is a ShadowHunter, or Nephilim. A half angel, half human hybrid pretty much, they have the ability to physically enhance themselves with runes, which are the things Clarissa keeps drawing in the story.

[994 Words]
Last edited by IzzyBee on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IzzyBee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Golden.AUO » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:17 am

Meet Cam.
X
X

XX
Popping in
more frequently.

I'm Co-owner of Makoatls. ♥
Don't be afraid
to PM me about
those, or anything
else. ^^
Formerly:
Bloodscythe, Ghirahim.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Links
═ »« ═
||
Allies
═ »« ═
ClaraNova
PolarisArdra

Golden.AUO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango sherbet » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:31 am

bumping uvu

mango sherbet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evil Muffin Overlord » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Maybe you've heard of the Peter Pan, and his Lost Boys. Maybe you've even heard of Rufio, the Lost Boy who took over for Peter Pan, as in the movie "Hook". But who you haven't heard of is Micker. Micker is Rufio's biggest fan, and she's a lot like him in a lot of ways. First of all, she's always had a bit of a leadership streak, good at doing anything, being anything, and helping other's follow her, or find their own path. Micker also is very stubborn, needing proof for everything she does, and also being a bit obnoxious. She's always loved climbing hers forest's tree's, as high as she could, and jumping, seeing how far she could fall without getting hurt. As a child, this resulted in many bruises, but they were proud ones, and they helped her realize that falling out of trees not a good idea... If you didn't know how to fall properly. Because of course, what's the point of life if not thrills and moving forward? As Micker puts it, "If I live a long life, but do nothing with it, am I any better than someone who had a terribly short life, but did something incredible with it? Yeah. No better." And she's right, she wants to live life to the fullest

Huge Wip! 219 words so far.
^.^
Last edited by Evil Muffin Overlord on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM THE EVIL MUFFIN OVERLORD FEAR MY AWESOME POWER

Also, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM EATING ME
AND MY MINIONS!
Yes, we understand that we are muffins,
but we are not edible, we are evil!
Being eaten always takes away precious
time and resources, as well as degrades
our honor. So please, if you value your
life and your goodness as a person,
don't eat the muffins. Please. For
your sake, and ours.

Characters, roleplay open for all.

My Lovely JBD Bauble!
Evil Muffin Overlord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glockenspiel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Res. <3

Azula from AtLA
coming back from a LONG hiatus

wmes meet citrus my characters

I was Apppy, please do not steal
glockenspiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carmineflyer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:46 pm

The Teumessian fox was a fox destined never to be caught. Laelaps was a dog destined to always catch its prey. When Laelaps was sent to catch the Teumessian fox, the great greek god Zeus was faced with a paradox. Facing the pair forever more existing in the tortured existence of their chase, he turned the two great beasts to stone, and cast them into the stars, were they should forever more reside. This is the tale we all know, accept to be true. But if the great Teumessian fox was destined never to be caught, then how was Zeus able to turn it to stone and cast it into the stars? Wouldn't this be catching it? But all know that once in the cosmos, the Teumessian fox would never be able to escape. So the clever fox did something different... This is Teumessia's story. She is the spirit of the Teumessian fox.
I open my eyes, feeling the sun's rays wash over my face. Though this isn't enough to wake me up. I sit up, barely rustling the leaves around me, using my senses like my mother spirit has taught me. The slight crackling of branches, the whisper of leaves over jackets and the shrill call of the wind around bodies that are far too large and warm to be anything other then the hunters. They've found me again. I feel a slow smile spread over my face. About time. I've been getting far too bored. I hear the slow scrape of an arrow over wood, and I move around the tree truck, jumping off the branch I've been sitting on and swinging to the next tree, I hear the arrow whistling past my hair. I drop down behind the hunters and shout: "Gentleman! If you wish to catch me, at least bring some experienced hunters!"
I take off like the wind, my mother spirits careful guides nudging me on were to move behind a tree, or swerve suddenly. Arrows whistle by me, then stop as the men take off after me, shouting to their comrades on were to cut me off. Please. I reach the rocky hills and leap right over the rock behind which the hunter is hiding. I feel the thunk of the arrow and a flash of pain, and suddenly I think that that perhaps was a bed idea. But no matter what, I can't be caught. I can be harmed, but I can't be caught. Right?
Oh Mother Teumessian...
Last edited by carmineflyer on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Links
My DA
My FR
Ask.fm

activity will be sporadic,
there's just a lot of things coming up in life right now
carmineflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Song » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Gooooooorgeous design mangu quq

May enter!

hello !
call me windy ~

D A M s

''and then i felt
chills in my bones ''
Wind Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lindsey. » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:49 am

Tegif padded his paws across the cold wet chamber. The water dripping slowly creating a miserable pattern. Could he ever get out! He breathed in and rammed the gate door, rusty. "UHHHH!" He rammed into it sinking back down. His Mohawk flunked down with his head. The solem door opened and a guard poked his head through. "Shut up ya jail burden!" Tegif growled slamming in once more to the side of the gate. This time the gate cracked, but not enough to get out, just a rusty mistake in hearing. The hinges stayed shut, greased and glued a million times. Bite marks imprinted the metal bars. Tegif knew he belonged here, but this long? It had been 2 years since he saw his family.

A female Guard passed through the door and slid a tray under his stall. Tegif kicked it over.he was getting rather thin but needed the food greatly. He used his foot to GTA. The small burnt roll and hide it beneath his metal bed. "Saw that," she chuckled. Tegif kept a straight face. "Now come on, if you eat that I'll sneak ya an apple," she whispered. Apples were great, they kept his teeth clean, refreshed his mouth, and satisfied his hunger. He looked up and licked his lips quietly and looked at the splattered mess. He lapped it all up so fast, oatmeal running down his chin. The portions were small and his stomach rumbled. The roll remained there, in the comer. The female nodded, and I guess some bacon. Tegif nodded as she left the room.

With in minutes the door opened. She stepped in tip toeing to his cell. She slid the items under the bar and turned back,"your welcome," Tegif nodded. "Thank you," he mumbled. She closed the door and left, he wouldn't see her until 'feeding' time tomorrow, maybe she'd bring him some more goodies. He chomped down the apple and slid the bacon over to the roll, that would be his breakfast. He only got fed once a day. His stomach rumbled, but he ignored it closing his eyes and falling asleep, snored happily.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Girl, Single, United States, Dogs<3
I love Australian Shephards! SO CUTE!
PM me any time, I love talking!
My favorite color is Peachy Pink!

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

dogs are / /
❥ ❥ ❥ REAL
Image ↶ ↶
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

-------------------------------
Lindsey.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango sherbet » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:36 am

-IzzyBee- wrote:
      Angels were something I knew so little about really, these images of them would appear in dreams, the feathers, the wings, the light that they were associated with. I didn’t understand them really. I studied angels more, I was curious now, to see what exactly they were and what they were associated with. I found the Nephilim, who were believed to be half angel; I didn’t quite get why though. I kept my research going until one time I came home from being out with my friend, every single book, drawing, painting, or image of angels were stripped from my room, even the odd runes I had begun to draw absentmindedly.

Of course I was angry, I mean, being me I was fiery little thing, even my friends thought so. “Hey Clare, what are you drawing this time?” My friend Simon asked, leaning over my shoulder, I was hunched over a paper and was drawing an angel, one I had seen in a dream the other night and I did not want to forget the angel I saw. “Drawing, what do you think Si?” I gave him a shove as to tell him I wanted my space. “Being spacey are we now Clarissa?” He teased, laughing a little as he situated himself on the edge of my bed.

I looked up at him for a moment before getting back into my drawing. I’m Clarissa Fay, a fiery teenager with an affinity for drawing, that’s my best friend Simon; we’ve known each other for pretty much our whole lives but never gone farther than the friend zone. I yawned a little, I heard Simon move a little, “How about we go over to Pandemonium tonight?” He suggested, his green eyes looking me over a bit. “Will that get you mind off your obsession over the angelic beings?” He mumbled under his breath, my eyes snapped up to him for a moment.

“It’s much more than you think Si, “I said to him, firmly but not angrily, I stood up, setting the sketchpad on my desk before turning to look at Simon. I leaned against my desk looking at my friend, “Why not? Pandemonium can get your mind off anything really.”

Dressed for the occasion of going to Pandemonium, a night club that me and Simon often visited just for the heck of it, we got past the bouncers and into the pumping beats, flashing lights and dancing creatures. I looked at Simon, my finger brushing his hand to get his attention, “I’m gonna go mingle, don’t got too far, “ I told him, getting on my tip toes to even be remotely close to his ear.

My friend nodded before I slunk off into the crowd, pushing past many creatures that looked entranced in whatever they were doing currently. The sound of the music and the lights and the smells were almost overwhelming tonight, but something caught my eye through the crowd. A graceful Cerial, her piercing blue eyes caught a hold of me before she disappeared into the fray. I blinked for a moment and shook off the moment, turning quickly around I bumped into someone, making me fall to the floor where I was glad I didn’t get trampled. The individual I had run into was a strong looking male Cerial, he held out a hand to help me up.

I obliged and took his hand; he steadied me, his green eyes so stunning, even for being in the lighting we were in. I didn’t get to look much closer at him before he turned and dissipated into the crowd, “Wait!” I called after him, pushing through others to follow after the male, and then I pushed through a door that I swore he had gone into.

I second guessed as soon as I walked in, the blue eyed female was standing there with a knife at someone’s throat. I froze cold before the green eyed male plunged another knife into the creature’s chest; no blood came from it though. I still stood petrified, “Jace, can she see us?” The blue eyed female asked the male. I gasped a little, taking a step back and stumbling again onto the floor. “Wha-What do you mean I can see you?” I breathed; trying to figure things out, the male helped me up again, “You must stop tripping over your feet, “He mumbled, moving into the shadows of the small closet.

“Hmph, well it seems you can see us, “The female scoffed a little, running a finger across the blade of the knife she held, shimmering dust and darkly colored fluid coated the silver. “Wh-why did you stab that person?” I squeaked my eyes wide as I looked at the pile of what looked to be ashes on the ground where the creature had disintegrated underneath their blade.
      “Just get her out of here Jace, she’s seen too much already, “The female waved her hand, using the other to put the dagger back into her belt, her blue eyes looked at me icily. The male moved back out of the shadows, “Sure Isabelle, “ He said flatly, “Come, let’s bring you back to your friend, “ He said, giving me a nudge at my shoulders.

I looked at him closer now, his eyes looked almost like emeralds, but his hair fell into his face and he kept me moving, once he brought me back to Simon, the last thing I saw of Jace was my imagination playing tricks on me, I swore I saw wings on his back, and maybe even a halo.

The character of Clarissa originates from the book series The Mortal Instruments, where Clary Fray is the main character whose world gets turned upside down when she finds out she is a ShadowHunter, or Nephilim. A half angel, half human hybrid pretty much, they have the ability to physically enhance themselves with runes, which are the things Clarissa keeps drawing in the story.

[994 Words]

winner!
i've never read this series, but you introduced it well! take good care of her uvu

mango sherbet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me