Postby teresa8oats » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:59 am

ty_tay wrote:~I Want A Mustang~
Username: ty_tay
Number Between 1-10:2

Name:
Breed: Mustang
Color:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏───────────────────────┓

linklinklink

Signature Credit || art above by PollyPoos || art on left by ty_tay

┖───────────────────────┚
W E L C O M E
┏───────────────────────┓
CWHR

Text text text text text text
Text text text text text text

┖───────────────────────┚
T O........C O T T O N W O O D

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
teresa8oats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: ty_tay's Mustang

Postby ty_tay » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Feedback on my form is welcome but please be nice about it :D Thank you
Like my form/art? please show me by clicking the like button for the oekaki drawing :) Thank you

Name: Wild at Heart Renamed Atta

Breed: Mustang:
The horses in the background are some of my other mustangs. In order of left to right they are: Stresa, Suik, Durasi, Atta, and Dez

Color: Bay minimal tobino

Personality: Underneath her wild exterior Atta is a very sweet and kind mare. She would never hurt anyone unless she felt threatened, in fact she would feel horrible for ever injuring anyone even those who mean her harm.

Other art work: (click to see full image if cut off :) )
Last edited by ty_tay on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 am, edited 9 times in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Day 0

Clavin started his day like he does every morning. He awoke to the blaring of the alarm clock. He got dressed and ate a light breakfast. As he went to grab his hat and work gloves, his cell phone rang. "That's strange; usually no one calls my cell phone this early in the morning..." Calvin picked up the phone and saw the caller id was his boss. He answered it immediately. Uh-oh... whatever the reason they're calling me for, it can't be good...

An excited male voice spoke through the phone, "Mornin' Cal!"

"Good morning sir! Is there a problem?"

"No, no... But I do have some very important news! First thing first, you're going to be busy, so I hired your girlfriend to help around the stable."

"Nadine is not my girlfriend!"

"Ha-ha, sure she's not... Any way, I'm sure that she can handle things while you're busy. Which leads me to my next thing! Have you ever heard of the Mustang makeover?"

"Of course! My old tutor would participate in those competitions every year. Why do you bring it up?" I suddenly have a bad feeling about this... Calvin looked out the window to see Nadine's car pulling up.

"We are participating! More so you are."

"Wait, what?! I'm not prepared for that! I mean I've never... I haven't..."

"You'll do fine, Cal. I have faith in you."

"Fine..."

"Great! The horse is being brought to the stables tomorrow. I will warn you, she's a feisty one. I want you to show Nadine the ropes today, and we will call you after the horse arrives to explain what needs to be done."

"Ok, I will talk to you tomorrow." Calvin sighed as he hung up the phone.

-End of Day 0-

Important event's:
Calvin learns he is participating in the Mustang Makeover
Last edited by ty_tay on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Day 1

Calvin groaned as he got out of bed. He definitely was not happy to go to work today after what he was told yesterday. He thought to himself as he washed his face. I am not ready to tame a horse yet. I don't know if I can handle the pressure of this competition. And worst of all, the Mustang I'm supposed to be working with is supposedly going to be difficult to work with... He looked at his reflection in the mirror. His dusty black bangs fell in front of his green eyes.

Knock, knock

"Great... Don't tell me we have another problem..." Calvin answered his front door, only then realizing that he hadn't put his shirt on.

Nadine blushed and looked awkwardly at the door when she saw Calvin open the door, "Umm... Hey, Cal... I, uh, I..."

Realising why Nadine was acting strangely he pardoned himself for moment, so he could slip on his t-shirt. He returned to the door, "Sorry, about that."

Nadine seemed more composed when Calvin returned, "It's fine I just wasn't expecting that. I mean you're usually... Anyway I got a call from our boss. He said I should let you know that the mustang should be here by eleven o'clock."

Nodding Calvin looked at the clock and saw it was ten, "Shoot, I really over-slept... Thanks for the heads up Nadi if you want to wait here I just have to grab my hat and gloves and we can go check the paddock for the mustang." I hope no one noticed that little mishap... I'd never live that down...

Calvin quickly grabbed everything he needed and met Nadi on the front porch. The two walked over to the paddock that the Mustang was going to be put in when she arrived. My work really starts the moment she gets here... I’ll need to have her at least partially trusting me before the day is done. Lost in thought Cal didn’t notice the truck and trailer pulling up the driveway.

“Hey Cal, I think that’s them.” Nadi gave one last look around the paddock. “I do believe that this will suffice for now.” She smiled as Calvin nodded.

The driver stepped out of his truck. He wore classic farm attire. He strode over to Calvin and Nadine, “You Calvin? I got a horse for ya.”

Calvin nodded, “Yes. We’ve been expecting you. Can you could back the trailer up to this paddock?”

The man nodded, and did so. Once finished, he and Calvin managed to unload the mare from the trailer. They all stood for a moment as they watched the beautiful mare canter around the paddock.

Calvin watched her closely taking note of everything and anything the mare did. He took note of the condition of her coat and hooves. He watched for any signs of illness or injury. And for a moment he marvelled at the beauty of this wild, bay mustang.

----------

Atta cantered around the paddock she had just been released into. The three humans had left with the great metal beast. She was in a panic as she looked for a way to escape. Where am I? I need to get home... I have to get home... Beginning to tire she slowed her gait to a half trot half walk. She noticed several horses in an enclosed field much larger than the one she was in. Maybe they can help me! She called out to them, but they were too far away to hear her.

It was just after sun-high when two of the humans returned. Atta watched cautiously as one of the humans entered the field, and the other went into one of their structures. What does it want from me? Why did they take me from my home? Atta had worn herself out from her pacing to do much running from the human as it approached her. She could now tell that it was a male.

----------

Calvin approached the Mustang in a very cautious manner. “Easy girl... I don’t want to hurt you.” He could see that she was uneasy, so he backed off and gave her some room. No need to push it... Just let her calm down some... She’ll see that you don’t want to hurt her... Calvin went over the list of everything his boss had told him he needed to do. I need to name her is one thing, but that will come to me eventually. She has to start trusting me tonight, so that I can try to get a halter on her tomorrow, and maybe then I can start going through the basic stuff, and get to riding her some by the next day... She also needs to be checked out by our vet, and introduced to some of the other horses, so she is more comfortable and at home here. And hopefully we can get her in a stall too...

Calvin worked on getting close to the mare for several hours, until she finally gave in and sniffed his hand. He moved slowly as she allowed him to rub her forehead, she flinched several times as his hand touched her head. He slowly went towards her ears, but she threw her head back and didn’t allow him to touch them. He spoke softly, “Its all right girl.” She slowly let her head down and allowed him to rub her face again. “You’re wilder than you look.” He thought for a moment. “You know what. I think I know what your name should be, Wild at Heart.”

By the end of the day Calvin was able to touch anywhere on the mares head and down her neck. He had what his priorities were going to be for the mare and had made sure that all of the horses, Wild at Heart included, had been fully taken care of.

-End of Day 1-

Important Events:
Mustang arrived at stable
Calvin is able to touch the mare
Calvin names the mare Wild at Heart
Calvin is able to touch anywhere on the mares head and neck

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Day 2

Atta watched as several horses were lead past her small field. She observed as they casually followed the humans. Why are they not afraid? Do they know something I don’t? Are those humans like the man from yesterday? She thought about everything that had happened to her recently and how much she missed her home. Being distracted she was slightly startled when one of the passing horses nickered at her.

The grullo mare had white paint markings, feathered legs, a broken strip, and soft reddish brown eyes. “Welcome to Cottonwood!” The human leading her paused for a moment.

Atta was hesitant, but noticed that the human was the man from yesterday. She slowly walked forward towards the pair, and spoke shyly, “Cottonwood?”

“Yes. It is our home, and I expect that it will become yours as well. You’ll like it here, especially if it’s Calvin who is training you.”

“Calvin?”

“Yes. He’s the one right here.” She nuzzled the man. “By the way I’m Suik.”

“I’m Atta...” was all she had time to say before the human man named Calvin lead Suik away.

----------

Calvin returned to Wild at Heart’s pasture after helping put the other horses out to graze. He was pleased with her reaction to Suik, and how the got along. He hadn’t planned on introducing the mustang to any of the other horses until after he had gotten her to fully trust him, but perhaps it would be better to let the mustang see how much Suik trusts him.

Calvin worked with the mustang until lunch when he took a break. He met the other workers for a picnic in the big pasture. They sat under an apple tree with three of the horses grazing nearby.

Nick was laughing at something Nadine had said. He had always been kind of threatened by Calvin, and he tried to show off, but it rarely worked. “Hey Cal.” He was taunting Calvin, “How’s that mustang working out? She seems jumpy to me.”

“You don’t need to know.” Calvin was sitting on the other side of Nadine.

“Cal, he was only trying to be nice.” Nadine could sense the tension between the two men. She didn’t understand why Calvin was behaving the way he was.

“Yeah, Cal. I was only trying to be nice.” Nick gave Calvin a wicked smile.

Oh Nadine, you can be so naïve. Cal scowled at Nick when Nadine looked down at her food. “You don’t know Nick like I do Nadine. He’s probably not showing his true self.”

“He seems like a perfectly nice guy, Cal. He even has asked me out on a date.” Nadine blushed as Nick put his hand over hers.

Enraged Calvin stood up, grabbing only an apple and leaving his half eaten lunch. The rest of the group watched as he stormed off.

“CAL! What’s wrong?” Nadine didn’t understand why her best friend was acting this way.

“Don’t worry about him; he’s always like that around here.” Nick smiled at her.

----------

Atta watched as Calvin kicked a rock against the human building. She walked over to the gate as he entered with a thing like what he was leading Suik with. Calvin placed a hand on her neck and sighed. She nuzzled his shoulder like Suik had done it seemed to make him happy. He pulled an apple out of his pocket and let Atta have it.

The apple was sweet but it was small, and it didn’t take long for her to eat it. She nosed Calvin pocket looking for another, but instead Calvin let her sniff the halter. What is that thing? She was more curious than afraid as Calvin slowly slid it on her head. He let it rest before he tightened it. She stepped back afraid, the halter felt weird and made it seem like her head was heavier than it should be. She threw up her head several times, but realized it wasn’t going to come off.

Calvin slowly clicked the lead rope catching Atta’s attention. She waited as he slid the halter off her head. Only to immediately put it back on. Atta let him place the halter on her several times before he actually put the lead rope on.

----------

Calvin was distracted as he clipped the lead rope onto the mare’s halter. Turning his focus to back to the mustang he tried to coax her to take a step forward. She balked at the tug of the lead, and he calmed her. After the first few tries the mare finally took a step, “Atta’ girl.” The mare immediately focused on him when he praised her. As she took another step he praised her again, “good girl.” She didn’t have the same reaction as before.

Trying to figure out what it was that caught the mare’s attention he tries calling her, “Atta?” The mare immediately focuses on him again. “You like the name Atta?” The mare nickered happily as he said the name again. “Ok. Atta it is then.” He smiled as the mare walked forward and nuzzled his hair knocking off his hat.

Pleased with what he had accomplished today Calvin’s smile turned to a frown as he watched Nick and Nadine leave to go one their date. “He better not hurt her…” Atta nickered and trotted around the pasture behind him happily.

-End of Day 2-

Important Events:
Atta meets Suik
Atta trusts Calvin
Calvin gets a halter and lead on Wild at Heart
Calvin nicknames her Atta
Calvin can lead Atta around the pasture
Last edited by ty_tay on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Day 3

Atta watched as Calvin exited his house. She whinnied at him and trotted to the gate as Calvin walked over. Atta let him scratch her neck before he placed the halter on the fence. She watched him as he walked away towards the human building, and nickered nervously when he disappeared inside it. Where’s he going? She waited for a few minutes before she began grazing.

----------

“Good mornin’ everybody!” Calvin greeted his co-workers as they began their long day. He frowned when he saw Nick grinning evilly at him. Turning away, Calvin proceeded to the tack room. “Hmmm...” Calvin looked around at the various saddles. “I wonder if I could get her to wear the costume saddle...”

“I bet you could get her to.”

Calvin turned around startled to see Nadine leaning in the doorway. Still mad, his tone was rather sour, “Do you need something?” He turned back to the saddles. Please. Please just leave me to my work. He heard Nadine walk away and glimpsed behind him to catch her walking into a stall. Feeling guilty he took one of the lighter saddles and returned to Atta’s paddock.

Calvin put the halter on Atta, and smiled when she did not hesitate. He slowly put a light saddle pad on Atta. He waited as she shifted and tried to sniff the blanket. He chuckled a little when she snorted at the saddle. Calvin lifted the saddle and placed in on Atta’s back. She moved nervously from the weight of the saddle, but she allowed Calvin to remove the saddle and place it several more times. He them began to fasten the straps. Calvin undid the straps and fastened them repeatedly. He stopped when he was confident that Atta was comfortable with the idea. Once the saddle was on, Calvin led Atta around the paddock, and then outside of the paddock.

----------

Atta cantered around happily after Calvin took of the saddle. That thing felt weird, but I guess its ok. If Calvin thinks it won’t hurt me then I don’t think it would. She turned a trotted back to where Calvin was standing. She nickered at him when he smiled. Atta allowed Calvin to lead her out of the paddock and towards the large human building.

Suddenly startled by the sound of the large barn doors opening, Atta reared and tried to flee. But Calvin held tight to the lead rope. Atta calmed down some as Calvin soothed her. She was still uncertain about the doors, until she saw several other horses inside the barn that seemed oblivious to the noise. Some even seemed curious as to what was going on. Atta allowed Calvin to slowly lead her into the barn. She took every step with hesitation and uncertainty. She was lead up and down the barn until she became surefooted.

----------

Calvin stretched as Atta grazed. He looked at his watch, “Man... It’s already 12:20. I suppose I should go find something to eat.” Calvin was about to walk into his house when he heard Atta neigh. He turned to see Nick going into the paddock. Furious Calvin jumped off of his porch and sprinted towards the paddock.

Nadine looked out of the barn in time to see Calvin throwing Nick into the dirt just outside of Atta’s paddock. She ran over, “Cal! What do you think you’re doing!?”

Pinning Nick on the ground Calvin looked up at Nadine. He stood to let Nick up, but grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, “Stay away from that horse. You understand me? If I catch you anywhere near Atta again, I’ll see that you’re dragged off this property by your feet.”

Panting Nick scowled at Calvin. “Yeah.”

“Yeah what?”

“Yeah! I understand!” Nick stalked away. When Nadine tried to grab his arm he jerked away.

Nadine watched Nick stalk off before turning to Calvin, but when she turned Calvin had walked back to the paddock and was checking Atta. Frustrated, Nadine went to the gate. “What the heck is wrong with you!?”

Satisfied that Atta was ok Calvin started walking back to his house.

“I’m not going to let you ignore me!” Nadine followed him and stood in his way, so he couldn’t get into his house. “What’s your problem?”

“Leave me alone Nadi.” Calvin walked around her and into his house.

Nadine didn’t give up and waited for him. When Calvin exited his house she followed him. “I’m still waiting for an answer.” When Calvin still didn’t answer she scowled. “Will you at least tell me what you’re doing?”

Calvin gave a little half smile. “You really want to know what I’m doing?” He walked into the barn.

Nadine followed him. She never noticed the half smile, “Yes.”

Calvin opened a stall and led Suik out into the aisle. “Here. I need you to help me introduce Atta to Suik. I don’t want Atta to stay in that paddock alone at night, and she’s not ready to stay in the barn.”

Her anger forgotten, Nadine smiled, “Ok!” She took Suik’s lead and followed Calvin out to Atta’s paddock. She waited with Suik as Calvin put a halter on Atta, and entered the paddock when Calvin signalled for her.

----------

Calvin and Nadine watched as Atta and Suik grazed together, “It appears that they are going to along fine.” He smiled as the two mares seemed content.

Nadine looked at Calvin, “Why do dislike Nick so much?”

Calvin glanced at her, “It’s not something I can talk about... Come on. Let’s go get something to drink.” He smiled.

-End of Day 3-

Important Events:
Calvin gets a saddle on Atta
Calvin intoduces Atta to the barn
Calvin introduces Atta to Suik
Atta and Suik stay in the same pasture
Last edited by ty_tay on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Day 4

Calvin yawned as he got out of bed. “Mmmm.” He stretched and got around. He stepped out onto his porch to meet Nadine.

“Mornin’ Cal!” Nadine was cheery like her usual self.

“Good morn... ack!” Calvin was cut off as a strong arm slapped him on the back. He scratched his back looking over. He only then noticed his boss leaning against the wall and Nadine laughing.

“GOOD MORNING!” Calvin’s boss was as boisterous as always. He looked like a mix of a cowboy, ruffian, and an eccentric stranger. He wore blue jeans, and a black t-shirt. His long black tipped gold hair was pulled back into a pony tail. His eyes were a strange yellow, which always made Calvin think he wore colored contacts, and a jagged lightning like scar went through his left eye. The thing that always caught Calvin’s attention was the metal band that he wore around his neck. It was a shiny iron with four loops. On the center-most loop hung a round disk that had a yellow lightning shaped crystal in the center.

Coughing Calvin greeted his boss, “Good morning sir.”

“Now Calvin! Let me see this mustang!”

Calvin and Nadine led the way to Atta’s paddock, where Atta and Suik awaited. “Here she is. I was worried about her so I introduced her to Suik. That way she wasn’t alone.” Calvin grinned as his boss approved of the idea.

“Well, it appears that you have everything handled here. I have some errands to run, so I will be in and out. If you have anything you need of me you know how to reach me.” He grinned and walked back towards the main house.

Nadine turned to Calvin, “He’s rather strange.”

“Shh.” Calvin glanced at his boss, “He has better hearing than you think.”

----------

Calvin went back to working with Atta. Nadine had already taken Suik out to one of the pastures, so he could saddle Atta again. Atta was taking to the western saddle even faster than the light saddle from yesterday. He smiled as she trotted around him with the saddle. Calvin got Atta to stand still as he started to put a little bit of his own weight on her.

----------

Atta shifted uncomfortably as Calvin climbed into the saddle. What is he doing? She gave a little bit of a kick as he tried to get her to move forward. As she took a step forward Calvin praised her. He wants me to carry him? Has he gone mad? She continued to step forward, and Calvin continued to praise her. Atta soon got used to having Calvin on her back, and began to easily walk around the paddock with Calvin in tow.

----------

Calvin continued to work with Atta throughout the day. He managed to get her to walk, trot and canter by the time they were done. Thrilled with the accomplishment Calvin let Atta rest for a while before going to get Nadine.

“Hey Cal.” Nadine smiled as Calvin walked into the barn.

“What’s up Nadi.” Calvin smiled and walked over to Nadine.

“You need my help?”

Calvin nodded. “I also need to get help form some of the others.” When Nadine looked confused Calvin chuckled. “I want to introduce Atta to a few more of the horses, but I need more than two people in case something bad happens.”

“Oh!”

Calvin and Nadine managed to find four more people to help them introduce Atta to the other horses. The group followed Calvin out to Atta’s paddock and from there Calvin led Atta to a small pasture where several horses, including Suik, were grazing.

----------

Atta stood unsure of herself. She was in a new pasture with several horses she didn’t know. Are they going to accept me? Or are they going to chase me away? Will the humans help me? Atta glanced back towards the group of humans that had accompanied her and Calvin. They stood watching her and the other horses.

Suik nickered at Atta. “Atta. Come join us!”

Atta cautiously walked over to join the group.

A strawberry roan mare walked up to Atta, a young mare followed her, “Hello Atta. Suik has told us a lot about you. I’m Stresa and this is my daughter Storm.”

A dark blue roan paint came over next. She had a strange looking facial marking, “Hello Atta.” She sounded very polite, “I’m Durasi. And the mare over there...” She gestured towards a grey snowflake appy mare, “... is Gala.”

----------

Pleased that they seemed to be getting along Calvin and the others left the horses to graze. They came back later to put the horses in the barn and to take Atta and Suik back to the paddock for the night.

-End of Day 4-

Important Events:
Calvin rides Atta around the pasture
Atta meets more of the other horses
Last edited by ty_tay on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Day 5

Nadine looked at the barn’s clock. It’s already 11:30... Cal sure did get a late start. She watched as Calvin led Atta into the barn.

Calvin repeated the process he had used a few days ago. He walked Atta around until she seemed comfortable. He then clipped her halter to the cross ties and began to brush her. She seemed fidgety at first, but she calmed down as he groomed her. After finishing Atta’s grooming Calvin unhooked her.

Nick scowled at Calvin as Nadine went over to help him. Show off. I should be the one to manage the barn, not him. I was here before him... Nick left the barn with nothing but pure hatred for Calvin.

Calvin had Nadine open and close one of the stall doors to show Atta that they where ok. After a few times he led Atta into the stall and immediately led her out. Every time they entered the stall they stayed in it for a little bit longer. Atta seemed to be ok with smaller space, and actually more curious about her surroundings. At one point Calvin had Nadine close the door while Atta and he were in the stall. It was a risky technique, but Atta seemed to accept be enclosed rather quickly. Finally Calvin left Atta in the stall by herself. She seemed nervous at first, but as always calmed down quickly.

“How long are you going to leave her in the stall?” Nadine looked at Calvin.

“Only until we come back from lunch.” He gestured to the opposite stall. “Plus Atta will be able to see Suik, which should make her feel more comfortable.”

----------

Atta nickered at Calvin as he opened the door of the stall. She waited patiently as he clipped on the lead rope. He led her out of the barn, with Nadine and Suik just behind them. They were taken to one of the huge pastures were several horses waited. The horses greeted Atta and Suik happily.

Suik led the herd of horses away from the gate. The herd galloped across the fields and towards the woods. She looked beside her to see Atta keeping pace with her. “Do you still feel like this place is not where you belong?”

Atta thought for a moment, “I’m not sure. I mean it’s strange, but I’ve learned so much. I am not afraid, but I also don’t think I could call this place my home... Not yet at least.”

----------

Calvin met his boss outside the main house. “You wanted to speak with me?”

His boss nodded, “Yes. In fact I wanted to speak with Nadine as well.” He led the way inside, and went into a sitting room where Nadine was waiting. “Please sit.” He waited while Calvin took a seat on the couch with Nadine. “I am aware of some concerning behaviour involving you two and Nick. It has come to my attention that You, Calvin, and Nick have had some rather heated arguments, and even a physical confrontation. Nadine has explained to me her side of the story, now Calvin I would like your side.”

Calvin hesitated and glanced at Nadine. “I would prefer that Nadine not be present for my explanation.”

“Why won’t you just tell me why you don’t like Nick?” Nadine was slightly frustrated.

“Nadine, if Calvin wishes to speak privately as you did, I must respect his wishes, as should you.” He waited as Nadine frowned and solemnly left. “Now then, you and I both know that Nick is walking on thin ice, but I would like to know. WHY THE HECK DID YOU ATTACK HIM?”

Calvin jumped when his boss shouted. “I... I, uh. I saw him go into Atta’s paddock, and I was afraid he was going to try and...”

“I see.” His boss cut him off. “You were protecting Atta... Very well then, I also must inquire why you won’t tell Nadine why you dislike Nick so much.”

“Well I don’t want her to think that I’m making things up... If she knew what we do about him, she would try to confront him, and I’m afraid that he’ll hurt her...” Calvin watched his boss as he nodded.

“I see. Well you won’t have to worry about that for long. Thank you Calvin, I will see to it that things are taken care of.” With that he escorted Calvin out of the room and when he returned he looked out the window to watch as Nick threw a bale of hay off a flat bed truck.

-End of Day 5-

Important Events:
Calvin puts Atta in a stall
Atta gets to roam in one of the larger pastures
Last edited by ty_tay on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Day 6

Calvin walked out to the large pasture where Atta had stayed the night with a small herd of the other horses. As always the horses were waiting by the gate. He took Atta’s halter in with him, but he could not find her among the others. Suik’s not here either... He whistled to try and get the missing horses attention, but they did not come. Calvin ran to the barn to alert the others.

Nadine looked up startled as Calvin came crashing into the barn. He was giving orders to some of the other staff members when she went over to see what’s wrong.

“... Go get them saddled. We need to hurry.” He was oblivious to the fact that Nadine had joined them. When he finally realized she was there, “I’m sorry Nadi, but I don’t have time to explain. Can you go out to the large pasture where we took Atta and Suik yesterday, and wait for us?”

Nadine did as she was told.

Calvin rode up on Delta with several others following him, including his boss on Charger. “I need several of you to check the surrounding area, and to follow the line of the fence. The rest will come into the pasture and split up to search. We need to be fast and through.” He watched as the groups disbanded and they began to enter the pasture. “Thank you Nadine. I want you to keep look out here. If you see anything suspicious please call one of our phones. If you see Atta or Suik please do the same.” With that he turned Delta around and had him in a gallop as they began their search.

Nadine watched as the group left. She wasn’t alone; the small herd of horses were watching the commotion. Some had even begun to follow the search party’s, but they soon returned. I hope Atta and Suik are ok. Nadine worried to herself watching for any sign of the horses. A sudden disturbing thought crossed her mind. I never saw Nick today... Could he be behind the disappearance? Would he really do something like this?
----------

Atta struggled against the stranger’s lead. She kicked out and reared, but the man had a strong hold on the rope. No! Not again! I can’t be taken from this place too! I won’t give in! She watched as Suik struggled against the man who she had called Nick. He had tricked them. He lured them away from the rest of the herd, so he could try to take them away.

Suik noticed the man that had hold of Atta wasn’t paying enough attention to what was going on behind him. She kicked out striking the man in the shoulder forcing him to release Atta’s lead rope. “RUN! ATTA GET OUT OF HERE!”

Atta did as she was told and bolted. She fled, running as fast as she could. I can’t just leave her there. I’ll have to go get help... Just as she galloped around a bend in the path she noticed a hoarse she recognized. She didn’t know his name but she could remember him, as well as one of the horse’s he was with. As she got closer she saw Calvin riding the lead stallion. She went up to him and nuzzled his leg. She turned back towards the way she came, but hesitated. Calvin seemed to understand because he got the stallion into a trot and rode forward with the big man on the draft. The lady that was with them took Atta’s lead rope and began to walk her back towards the gate.

----------

Calvin and his boss followed the old trail until they came upon a small clearing. In the clearing they saw Nick trying to lead Suik into a trailer and a strange man on the ground screaming in pain. Calvin watched as his boss pulled out a gun and handed it to Calvin, and then pulling out another for himself.

He whispered to Calvin, “Point your gun at the man on the ground. I’ll take out Nick. I instructed Crissi to call the others and alert them to come here immediately.” He dismounted Charger and snuck through the weeds to the other side of the clearing.

Calvin gave him a few minutes before he walked Delta into the clearing. “That’s far enough Nick.” He did as he was told and pointed his gun at the stranger, “And you can stay where you are.”

Nick laughed. “Oh, you think I’m afraid of you? Point that gun all you want, but I know you won’t shoot...” Nick hit the ground with a thud. He hadn’t noticed his boss coming up behind him.

Calvin watched as his boss grabbed the unconscious Nick by the collar and dragged him over to his partner. He grabbed Suik’s lead rope as she came trotting over to him. They waited as three more of the staff came into the clearing.

----------

The police were waiting for them as they escorted the now conscious Nick to the front pastures. Atta and Suik were in the small paddock again being calmed down after all the commotion.

Nick tried to charge at Calvin, but he was slammed into the police car’s hood by his boss and a police man. “Your going to pay for this Calvin! And tell your stupid little girl friend that she’s going down with you!”

Calvin pulled Nadine close to him as if to protect her, “I warned you Nick.”

“Oh, Nick.” Their boss turned back towards Nick who was now in police custody. “You’re fired. If I catch you or you friend on this property again I won’t hesitate to shoot you.” He turned and walked over to the captain of police. “Thank you for coming out. I didn’t expect this to happen, but I knew Nick would try something once he found out that I was going to fire him.”

The captain nodded, “It was our pleasure JC. We know you knew what you were talking about, so we got here as soon as we could.”

----------

That night Calvin and Nadine walked Atta and Suik into the barn. “She’s safer in here than out there tonight.” Calvin closed the door on Atta’s stall. Smiling as Atta nickered at him happily. He turned to Nadine. “I’m sorry I didn’t warn you about Nick. I didn’t think you’d believe me after you had talked to him, so I just thought I could keep an eye on you and...”

Nadine cut him off, “It’s fine Cal. I understand.”

-End of Day 6-

Important Events:
Calvin puts themed tack on Atta
Calvin works with Atta by the trailers

Atta is rescued
Atta stays the night in the barn
Last edited by ty_tay on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:16 am, edited 6 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Day 7

After all the commotion of the day before Calvin suggested that any of the staff that wanted to, could go on an overnight trail ride. Several of them agreed. So once everyone was up and around they got the horses ready.

The four others that were going on the trip chose their horses. One of them chose Bracer, another chose Nambia. The third chose Arcadia, and Crissi, the girl who had lead Atta back to the gate, rode Phantom.

JC also joined the group on the trail ride, along with his daughter Sandy. He rode Charger, while she rode Advetian.

And finally Calvin and Nadine chose to ride Suik and Atta. Calvin thought it would be good for Atta to let another person ride her, and she seemed to accept Nadine without hesitation.

----------

Atta stood at the top of the hill watching the sun set on the human buildings, and the fields below. She watched as the horses in the pastures grazed and played. She took in the beauty. She turned to see the other horses that had come on the ride, they were all so friendly and they all had their own stories to tell.

Suik stood next to her, “So have you figured it out yet?”

It took Atta a second to remember what Suik was asking. “Yeah, I think I have... This place may not be where I came from, and the horses here may not be my real family, but this place is my home and the horses here are as close as any family ever could be. I am proud that I belong here, and I never want to leave...”

-End of Day 7-

Important Events:
Calvin goes on a trail ride with Atta, and is joined by Nadine and several others
Atta calls Cottonwood her new home
Last edited by ty_tay on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me