Based on Click to view
Artist palmsprout [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kiamara #69 - Winner

Postby palmsprout » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:38 am

What is a Kiamara?
    A Kiamara is a canine-like creature, but they have long, rather soft fur, and an almost dragon-like tail. They are born with no horns, but a few who grow to have longer horns are born with tiny stubs on their heads. Kiamara can be extremely shy, and females can often be a bit grumpy. Don't worry– once you win their hearts, they will never stop loving you. Male Kiamara can be very quiet, but they love attention. Of course females do too, but the males thrive off of your love. They love to be praised.

This guy is based off of a hyena. Sorta. xD

Owned by BlueAura~
Last edited by palmsprout on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara #69

Postby v14 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 am

Hello my name is:
pilesofpugs
His Name:
Riuko (rye-u-ko) Ry for short ,plez do not steal
Art:
Backstory:
Ry was born in Japan due to his name. One day his parents took him to Africa for a vacation. During a walk, Ry wandered of and found himself stranded in the vast safari.He was scared, cold and hungry. Until he heard some yips in the distance, and the rustling of the reeds. He was terrified of what's going on, trying to blend in with the earth. When a couple of hyenas came along and found him. They decided to take him in as their own, due to his fur. They raised him to be wild and free, but only his adoptive hyena parents loved him for who he was, the others of his pack despised him but they knew that they had no power over him with his parents still there. One day his adoptive parents died of a rare disease that nobody new how to cure. Ry, still young at that time, was banished from the pack soon after. After that Ry took care of himself, using his cunning looks, charms and skills to fend for himself. He decided that he didn't need anyone to help him or care for him. He lived by himself traveling everywhere, hitch hiking onto cargo ships.

man I luv this kiamara,whoever wins him BETTER take ultra good care of him I'll be watching
Last edited by v14 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
v14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soul. » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:46 am

Dropping out x3
Last edited by soul. on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soul.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinoBroccoli » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:56 am

Aughh, fluff and line edits. *u*

Good luck to those trying out!

charactersdatumblrask.fm

on hiatus
albinoBroccoli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gael » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Username: anomaly.
Name: Okonkwo (was the main character in Things Fall Apart)
Art:
Backstory: Okonkwo has nothing to his name. His father was a very loose, Doesnt-do-anything type of kiamara. Okonkwo hates his father for this very reason. His father was a not-so-hard-working kiamara. He sat back and let the other kiamaras do the dirty work. So Okonkwo had to do something to live for. He worked harder than his father would have ever worked, and he prospered greatly from this. After his fathers untimely death, He worked harder for his living so that he could live well. He hasn't found "the one" yet, but he is still searching, looking for his "one true love" so he can settle down to make a family of his own.

(rrg, couldnt really find a good way to put the actual character's background into kiamara form.... will put more filler in later after I finish his art)
Last edited by Gael on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

TheNinthWolf is my Adopted Child
~Art Status~ Art Slave for Fellefan, [url=here]Livestreaming(offline)[/url]~

| My DA | Howrse | Oshien Adopts |
| Art Shop |

Gael

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby change; » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:21 pm

xNikkiex
Jivu

Jivu was lying awake in the damp cave he and his mother had called home for the past year, waiting for his mother to return. She had left hours ago at the break of dawn that morning, promising to come back as swiftly as she possibly could. As Jivu lay, he recalled the events of the morning. Before his mother had left the small and humble hideaway, she had forced her young son to swear he would not leave the safety of their cave, for fear that a predator may take advantage of the small Kiamara. In response to her demand, Jivu smiled warmly at his mother, and nodded his little head with determination, “Of course Mama!”

Hours had passed since their exchange, midday had passed, and the darkness of night would soon fall upon the cave’s lone inhabitant. Jivu stayed in the cave, wondering where his mother might be, all the while doing his best to ignore the pangs of hunger he was subject to. Quickly he lost hope that she would return, and he began to believe that he would forever be alone in this small cave. Overwhelmed with loneliness, grief, and hunger, Jivu began to sob, coating his fur in a terrible mixture of tears and dirt. Where was his mother when he needed her the most? His sobs relented as he fell into a restless sleep, in which nightmares and frights kept him from dreaming sweet dreams or sleeping peacefully.

The next morning, Jivu struggled to open his eyes against the solidified tears that had sewed them shut. To be unable to see was unnerving, and Jivu eventually managed to open his green orbs to the sting of a new day’s light. Looking around the dark cave, he found himself alone. The depression of the last night threatened to engulf him, and the sting of an empty belly pained him. Seeing no other option, he silently muttered an apology to his mother and took a step outside, into the bright sun of early dawn. Startled, Jivu realized he could no longer rely on his mother. He would have to take care of himself. It was him against the world, and what a large world it was.

Last edited by change; on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

═══════════════
if you think you can,
then you can.
═══════════════

change;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeee » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 pm

:o <3

---

Username:
magic.

Name:
Atlas

Art:
Work in progress C:

Backstory: (limit 400 words)
Work in progress C:
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Potato. » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Withdrawing
I can't seem to draw him in a way that gives him justice XD Good luck to those still entered.
Username:
Theo wrote: The person who is trying to get me is named Astraya.

Name:

Theo wrote: My name is Theo, nice to meet you.

Art:

Theo wrote:Here's a litte picture of me.

I did it with a mousepad so it was uber hard :s

Backstory (limit 400 words):
Theo wrote:
I'm going to tell you a bit of my past.

Now, I have had a bit of a sad past. No, I don't have family issues, or physical problems, I just have had great difficulty in the friend department. I had once many friends and people who loved me, and I trusted them with all of my heart and soul. But, slowly I found myself being second-best to everyone else and that saddens me. I went from being a social, friendly guy to being a quiet, reserved Kiamara; so I decided to put up barriers between me and every other Kiamara I met. Years passed, and now only am I learning to love and trust again. I am hoping to have better luck this time around.
Last edited by Potato. on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Potato.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoneWolf. » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:00 pm

dropping out~
Last edited by LoneWolf. on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Hey! I'm Lone~ Feel free to pm me for commissions, art trades, or if you just wanna talk c:
[amazing pixel art of lone and parasite by pixiepup ]
DA||Art Shop||Fursona||Characters
LoneWolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:05 pm

YES

wip c:
I'm traveling til Friday w/ no access to my tablet!

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me