Based on Click to view
Artist Sayna Jaye [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Vudu #52 Medicine Hat

Postby Sayna Jaye » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:39 am

What is a Vudu?
It is an ungulate native to the jungles of Africa that now also resides in the Louisiana Bayou. They possess a five-point set of antlers, have three toes on each foot. They also have gems in their chest that are thought to be the the source of their psychic abilities.

Height: 13.3 hh

What happened when this guy met his mystical horse counterpart, the medicine hat stallion? You can write it as a story or just an answer like, "They ate peaches." Up to you. Click here to learn more about medicine hat horses.

Nellas Lissësúl wrote:Username: Nellas Lissesul

Vudu Name: Malinen

Psychic Power: Perhaps not a direct psychic power, but as the fabled medicine hat horses are spoken of, he seems to bring luck wherever he goes, bringing goodness and happiness in his wake, and was fiercely prided by those who thought they owned him earlier in life; it is even said he can sending impeding danger, and help save those in its path or ward it away.

What happened?: "When the Vudu and the horse met, they knew they were alike. Not only did they have coats of snowy white, but the rich chocolate patches of brown over their bodies- and the one crowning their head- brought them together." The old woman's voice was warm and soft, the light of the fire flickering in the darkness to touch against the wrinkles and creases of her kindly, weathered face. The group of children gathered around the fire leaned in to hear the beginning of her story, already entranced with the joy of a tale that only children have.

"They were called medicine hats, and like the tales of old you've heard from me before, each brought luck and happiness.

"The vudu had previously spent his life wandering the bayou, helping those he could and evading those who sought to trap him for the goodness and foretelling abilities brought in his wake. All loved him or desired to posses him, but he was not vain; merely lonely. He wanted a friend to understand him, not to worship him or want him only for his abilities.
"The stallion had been caught in the deserts, prized for his markings and the luck and warnings of danger he bore, but enraged he broke free and started to wander across the land as a rogue, half-heartedly looking for a herd, but something told him he'd find something else entirely. Something better.

"The day they met was a Thursday, but the days had no effect on the heat of the bayou. The stallion was wandering through the bayou trying to find something to eat, and the vudu was returning to a favorite grazing patch." The old woman paused for emphasis, letting a couple heartbeats pass.

"What happened next?" one of the children piped up.
"Yeah, did they see each other?" other voices rose in clamor. The old woman smiled. She knew her audience was completely drawn in.

"They did see each other," she declared suddenly, spreading her gnarled hands. The children looked at her with wide eyes.

"The vudu was drinking from a stream when he heard a snort, and the clop of hooves upon the soft, mossy ground. He raised his head and turned to see who was approaching, expecting just another vudu, but to his surprise a vudu stood there not; instead there was a tall and proud stallion, his breath pluming softly in the early morning air as they stared at each other in awe. Three blue eyes and one brown eye met with wonder. It was like all the storybooks, and more. Slowly, they stepped towards each other, not talking, but simply looking. Brown on white. A dark crown. Deep blue eyes. They could have been twins.

"The stallion's head bent down, and the vudu reached his little muzzle up to meet him. The stallion was nameless and the vudu had a name. No words were spoken, but it was understood. They were connected now, come what may.

"And they stepped off into the bayou together, brothers bound not by blood but by heart."
Last edited by Sayna Jaye on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sayna Jaye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vudu #52 Medicine Hat

Postby x-Birch-x » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Username: Birchwood Hollow
Vudu Name: Marco
Psychic Power: The ability to hear others thoughts
What happened?: It was a hot and humid that day when Marco was out to get a drink of water from the river stream when he came across an odd sight. A horse standing over a dead snake. He could hear her thoughts as she sent a mourn for the lost soul that she could not save. He walked over and stood next to the horse. "MEHHHHHHHH"(They make goat noises right?) The horse looked surprised pricking her ears toward this goat looking creature. Marco nuzzled some dirt over the corpse as the filly let out a small "thank you" in her mind, letting out a whinny. That is how Marco met his best friend- The medicine pony named Polly.
Hey guys, I check in here once in a while. If you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM!

x-Birch-x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shanne » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Username: cherokee-chocochap
Vudu Name: Kamau, meaning quiet warrior
Psychic Power: Apportation, which is the materialization, disappearance, or teleportation of an object.
What happened?: Strolling along the muddy floors of the jungle, Kamau sighed. With each step, a familiar, comforting crunch is heard from the crispy forest leaves. The gentle wind blew, sending the fresh smell of the dew floating around. Sniffing the air, Kamau closed his eyes, taking in the lovely scent of the jungle. Suddenly, a rustle in the distance stopped Kamau. He froze, scanning the area in front for slight movements. Again, the object moved, making another rustle in the leaves. Catching the motion, Kamau summoned the object. With a bright light, it appeared in front of him with a soft thud.

"Ouch! What are you doing?" A masculine voice erupted from the 'object' in front of him. As the light disappeared, Kamau focused and found himself standing face to face with 'himself'.

"You look just like me," Kamau mumbled.

The counterpart glared at Kamau, but soon it faded off to a soft look. "Sorry," he said, "I shouldn't have shouted at you. You actually saved my life from that vicious basilisk. He was biting so hard on my leg!"

Sharing a laugh at his ridiculous story, they stopped to the increasing volume of a deadly hiss. Nudging Kamau, the counterpart yelled, "LET'S RUN!"

And there they go, with a new-found friendship, the two inseparable as ever, into the jungle.
off and on hiatus, may not reply

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

w e • s w i m • i n • d i f f e r e n t • o c e a n s
-----

"The only difference between past and present
is semantics.
If we could perceive time as it really was..what reason
would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

-----
b u t • l a n d • o n • t h e • s a m e • s h o r e
shanne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:48 am

Username: Nellas Lissesul

Psychic Power: Perhaps not a direct psychic power, but as the fabled medicine hat horses are spoken of, he seems to bring luck wherever he goes, bringing goodness and happiness in his wake, and was fiercely prided by those who thought they owned him earlier in life; it is even said he can sending impeding danger, and help save those in its path or ward it away.

What happened?: "When the Vudu and the horse met, they knew they were alike. Not only did they have coats of snowy white, but the rich chocolate patches of brown over their bodies- and the one crowning their head- brought them together." The old woman's voice was warm and soft, the light of the fire flickering in the darkness to touch against the wrinkles and creases of her kindly, weathered face. The group of children gathered around the fire leaned in to hear the beginning of her story, already entranced with the joy of a tale that only children have.

"They were called medicine hats, and like the tales of old you've heard from me before, each brought luck and happiness.

"The vudu had previously spent his life wandering the bayou, helping those he could and evading those who sought to trap him for the goodness and foretelling abilities brought in his wake. All loved him or desired to posses him, but he was not vain; merely lonely. He wanted a friend to understand him, not to worship him or want him only for his abilities.
"The stallion had been caught in the deserts, prized for his markings and the luck and warnings of danger he bore, but enraged he broke free and started to wander across the land as a rogue, half-heartedly looking for a herd, but something told him he'd find something else entirely. Something better.

"The day they met was a Thursday, but the days had no effect on the heat of the bayou. The stallion was wandering through the bayou trying to find something to eat, and the vudu was returning to a favorite grazing patch." The old woman paused for emphasis, letting a couple heartbeats pass.

"Yeah, did they see each other?" other voices rose in clamor. The old woman smiled. She knew her audience was completely drawn in.

"They did see each other," she declared suddenly, spreading her gnarled hands. The children looked at her with wide eyes.

"The vudu was drinking from a stream when he heard a snort, and the clop of hooves upon the soft, mossy ground. He raised his head and turned to see who was approaching, expecting just another vudu, but to his surprise a vudu stood there not; instead there was a tall and proud stallion, his breath pluming softly in the early morning air as they stared at each other in awe. Three blue eyes and one brown eye met with wonder. It was like all the storybooks, and more. Slowly, they stepped towards each other, not talking, but simply looking. Brown on white. A dark crown. Deep blue eyes. They could have been twins.

"The stallion's head bent down, and the vudu reached his little muzzle up to meet him. The stallion was nameless and the vudu had a name. No words were spoken, but it was understood. They were connected now, come what may.

"And they stepped off into the bayou together, brothers bound not by blood but by heart."
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sayna Jaye » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:04 am

Nellas Lissësúl wrote:Username: Nellas Lissesul

Wow Nellas! I felt as entranced reading this story as those kids did listening to it. Congrats!
Sayna Jaye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:10 am

Eee thank you, Sayna! I promise I shall take good care of him <333 Thank you so much!
*scurries off to do art*
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me