DAM: Silver Sorrel and Black Chimera Blanket by Neara

Based on Click to view
Artist Neara [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
72 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

DAM: Silver Sorrel and Black Chimera Blanket

Postby Neara » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Randomzness's Voodoo design Converted a bit to fit the realistic requirements of the DAMs ^^

Your Name: ~Bast~
Horse's Name: Typhon (the Father of all Monsters in Greek mythology)
Height: 17 hh
Story/Legend/Myth:

You are pushing your way through the crowded market streets of the small outlander village where your caravan has stopped to trade. The pulsing mood brightens your eyes and dances in the eager people around you; a patch of stillness and shadow catch your attention. And old woman, her skin leathered like hide from life in the desert crooks one wizened finger and pulls you closer as if on a string.
"Come closer and I'll tell you a tale of the two-toned chimera mustang..." Her mouth spread in a gap toothed smile, and the promise of a story held you enthralled as she began.

"As dark as night and as red as blood, the chimera horse has two warring sides battling within him for dominance. Two souls counsel his wild mind, and two loves calm his angry heart; Power and Strife. His every action has two reactions, and every thought has two causes. He is a duel creature with both of his selves balanced equally within him. It makes the stallion unpredictable and a creature to be wary of. But dangerous, beautiful creatures have an allure and a power over men. Typhon, for that is the stallion's name is no different. His red soul is fierce and possessive; it rules those in it's grasp with a tyrant's fist and calls it love. The love of the red burns hotter than true love and carries none of it's joy. His black soul is pitiless and cruel. It covets beauty to taunt and torture. The pleasure of the black is the atrophy of potential. These twinned souls control the mustang's mind. Two thought's; one red, one black, will battle and one will result in the stallion's action... will it be overbearing love, or smothering hatred?" The old woman's voice is haunting, and the lively scene behind you dims as she drops her voice to a whisper and continues.

And since the dawn when men first saw the duel stallion race across the desert sands they have ached to make the creature theirs. For men don't know the secrets told by the stallion's contrasting coat. But any village he might chance to pass is inflicted with his curse. The villagers will fight and two sides will form, fighting until none remain; for both are balanced and none may win. The Chimera's task is strife where there is happiness, chaos where there is order, feuds where there is peace. With the grace of his long mane and tail, he promises gifts that never appear. Take warning from an old woman glad to have escaped his glance" the woman's gaze bored into yours. "You don't want to meet the dark stallion that races to outpace his splintered mind."

Foals:

HákonImage
AntimonyImage
BotulinumImage
LeviathanImage

Art of Him

[center]Image
Last edited by Neara on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
Picarto.Tv [off] | Join.Me [off]
ImageImageImage
Art by: Andiliion, Folktale, & gators and feigns Avatar by: me
Comissions: DA/USD only Art Trades: same skill lvl only Requests: -never- Redline: yes
D.A.M. | Fan Club | Characters/Fursona | W.o.I.
Neara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DAM: Silver Sorrel and Black Chimera Blanket

Postby Wind Song » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Breathtaking <3

Your Name:
Horse's Name: Siren (might change)
Height: 15.2
Story/Legend/Myth: WIP

hello !
call me windy ~

D A M s

''and then i felt
chills in my bones ''
Wind Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysty Fox » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Your Name: Mysty Fox
Horse's Name: Lilith Eve
Height: 15.2 HH
Story/Legend/Myth: She was supposed to be his equal, made of the same mold, same ingrediants, only she was female. But when life was breathed deep into her lungs and her shining eyes blinked open, she was more than his equal. She was as strong as he, as stubborn, as wild, not at all what he had wanted. He begged their creator to change her, to make her more submissive and subservant, but she was a spirit that wouldn't be broken, and she gave up the mortal realm to dwell with those that accepted her as she was. She gave up what he wanted because she wasn't willing to be broken or tamed. She was fighter, one who would stand beside her chosen or not at all, too bad he couldn't see that. Had he seen past the stubborn, foolish ways, he would have seen a heart that beat true and so passionately, the she forsaked the mortal realm to keep. WIP
Last edited by Mysty Fox on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mysty's Spot
Listening To: Fight Like A Girl - Emilie Autumn
Working On: Surviving the cold...
Mood: Cold…
Art Commissions: Closed.
Art Designs/Competitions: Open
dA: TaushaShea
Quote Of The Day: "For there is no such thing as justice,
all the best that we can hope for is revenge"
Character Thread: Runes/Characters
Checking Out: Eldemore

Mysty Fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby randomzness » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:04 pm

<333333333!!! Oh dis gunna be fun >:3

Your Name:
randomzness

Horse's Name:
Voodoo

Height:
16hh

Story/Legend/Myth:

A sand storm raged in the desert, turning day into twilight and obliterating the vision of any poor creature caught in the swirling grains. It was here that a mare trialed, she was heavily pregnant and going into labor, she needed shelter. The mare was close to giving in, her foal would die if born in this sandstorm but there was little else she could do, then she saw it. The shadow of a rock formation seen through the twisting sands. She made her way forward, greeted by the shelter of the rocks and a small cave within them. The cave was dark and the mare could make out little, but it was sheltered, cool and had a small spring running through it. She would be safe here. She could have her foal.

The mare had given birth and nursed her young foal. She loved him but could not think of what to name him. She told the youngster that when she saw him in the light of day she would give him a name that he and others could call himself by. The foal was delighted and eagerly anticipated the bestowing of his name. But they could not leave until the sandstorm stopped. The storm was the longest the mare could remember, lasting a week and a half. he foal grew stronger in this time but she still worried to bring him outside when the storm stopped. She had heard of coyotes taking young foals and rouge stallions who would spirit her away, leaving her young one to die. She wanted him to be strong enough to survive on his own before leaving the cave. A further two weeks passed before she felt the young one was old enough to survive and she told him they were leaving now. The foal was ecstatic, he would finally get his name. He pranced around her legs as they headed into the light of day.

The mare turned to look at her foal, to see him for the first time. When her eyes crossed his body it was a look of horror rather than love that her foal saw and one word escaped her lips before she fled into the desert. "Voodoo". You see, the foal had a chimeric coat, something his mother's family believed to be a result of voodoo, and feared. This the young foal did not know and simply took to heart that his name must then be 'Voodoo', but why would his mother who loved him run? This was a great curiosity to Voodoo, who grew up taking a hobby experimenting with the emotions of other DAM's and any poor soul that wondered into the desert. He would feign leading a dying mustang to a oasis, or trick and confuse someone during a sandstorm, making them lose themselves in the desert. Voodoo has been called many things in his life; Banshee, Trickster, Mirage; but will always remain to himself Voodoo as that's what he was named by his mother.

May edit a few things but thats pretty much it ^3^
Last edited by randomzness on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Awesome sig art and avatar by Neara =D

Commissions on DA
randomzness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 pm

-removed-
Last edited by Nellas on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tooru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 am

Your Name: dannys77
Horse's Name: Siren's Song
Height: 15.4 hh
Story/Legend/Myth:
w.i.p :3

Lightning crackled across the skies. The herd below the rolling skies stood in silent vigil. Their attention was focused on a newly-born colt. The mother's rough toungue caressed him, wiping away all of the wetness, even as rain pattered on his fuzzy coat. He was blacker than night itself, a living black hole. That was abnormal, as most foals were born a dusty shade of brown. Of course, the herd thought it a blessing in disguise, but oh, how wrong they were.... Many days came and went, and the young colt was on his feet, still oh so black. He could gallop faster than a gazelle, jump higher than a deer, was more fierce than a lion. He grew and grew, his short bobbed tail becoming long and silky, his fur becoming sleek. But he still remained black.
Last edited by tooru on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
ooru.

OIKAWA

[ kiddos, kals ]

it's n o t t h e
p a in they're
g e tting over,
it's the l o v e.

𝔻 𝔸 𝕌 ℕ 𝕋
☀ ☀ 𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xcall x me x an xaddict
xto xxx your xx electric

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xwe'll never lose xfaith
xnever forget this taste

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

tooru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 am

Your Name: Flowerdust
Horse's Name: Bernadette... means "brave as a bear" in German
Height: 16.2 hh
Story/Legend/Myth: Working on it!
Last edited by Flowerdust on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JiaPop » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 am

Woah, Love it.

Your Name: jesus4ever
Horse's Name: Calypso (After one of the offspring of Atlas in Greek mythology)
Height: 16.1 HH
Story/Legend/Myth: Story of the Cursed One

With a pant, a ten year old olive-skinned boy entered a small house, shutting the door hastily. "It was her! Calypso! I hope I don't receive bad luck from her! Vicious beast!" his hazel eyes darkened carefully as he sank to the ground. Suddenly, a lanky teenage girl stepped out of her room with her hands ahead of her, so she could feel around. Her beige dress draped carefully around her form as she followed the direction of where the boy's voice came from. The boy, Amos, stood, ran a hand through his dark hair and ran to the girl's aid. "Sister! How- Ahh! Stop!" his voice shifted into soprano as his sister, Sarai, twisted his right ear. "You mustn't speak of Calypso like that! She's not what you think she is!" Sarai said with a frown, her cloudy brown gaze reflected the light above as her brother led her into the living room, and sat her down in a maroon couch. "Sister, rest, your mind is ju-." Amos's voice stopped as his blind sister yelled. "I'm fine!" she snapped and clawed at the armrest of the couch. "Let me tell you a story Amos..." Amos sat down next to his sister after she spoke and he sighed softly, getting comfortable.

"A Desert Appaloosa Mustang was born at midnight a few years ago, on this very day." Sarai's voice was filled with cold as her tone's icy fingers gripped Amos's ears, causing him to sit very still. "It was a striking black, white, and red filly. Her father was the band stallion and had a large, prosperous herd. His name was Atlas, and his reddish chestnut coat would always gleam in the sunlight along with that ambitious glare in his eyes. His lead mare, Solstice, had a black coat with white spots on her hindquarters. The two decided to name her Calypso. Calypso was a fine daughter but sometimes she was reckless and played tricks on others, using her glorious coat. However, Calypso believed in what was right and just." Sarai paused when she heard Amos gasp in astonishment before continuing. "When she turned two, a band of bachelor stallions attacked Atlas's herd and stole his mares, except for Calypso and Solstice. So in order to get mares, Atlas forced his daughter to lead mares into his herd. Every time Calypso did it, she would reluctantly calm a mare from a different herd and lead the mare into her father's trap. But pretty soon, the other mare's suitor would realize what was happening and take his mare back while trying to take Calypso too. Atlas wouldn't allow it, so he would have Calypso return after every unsuccessful attempt. Calypso soon got lonely, for her father and her mother were the only horses she would talk to, so she decided to make friends outside of the herd. Her father soon found out and punished his daughter for doing that. Finally, she spoke up and said that she was ready to have a mate. Atlas grew angry but soon agreed to it. At night, Calypso would enter a meadow showered with moonlight and a stallion would come to her, because of her striking coat. Whenever a stallion came though, Atlas would chase him off and not give him a chance. Because of this, Calypso argued with her father every time he did it. Atlas then had enough of it and cursed his daughter. Calypso screamed as the curse passed through, for it was the curse of bad luck, which meant that she would bring bad luck to everyone she met.

"Then, Atlas kicked her out of the herd and forbid her from coming back. The beautiful mare was filled with sorrow, but she hoped to still make friends. She later on found a chestnut leopard Desert Appaloosa Mustang stallion and became his friend. That night, she dreamt that he died due to a sandstorm. The next day, the stallion got caught in a sandstorm and was killed. Calypso was shaken but she tried to make more friends, but every time she did, she would dream of their fate and they would have bad luck after she had the dream. Soon, everyone heard about this and spread rumors that she was a bad horse to begin with! Those rumors were untrue but everyone avoided her for a long time, they wouldn't even look at her, for they were afraid that her beautiful coat spread bad luck on sight. When she was four, these men drove a truck with a rope and an anvil. They chased her until exhaustion and they tied the rope to the anvil and roped her. The anvil followed the rope as the men let go and Calypso dragged the anvil. They then chased her into a pond of an oasis and she fell in and the anvil started to drag her under. She could feel her lungs scream as she thrashed about and finally, when hope seemed far out of reach, one of the men came down and untied her. He then pulled her upward as a picture of a dead man flashed through her mind and they both came to the surface. After Calypso exited the water, she found out the man died due to swallowing too much water. Ever since, no one came to Calypso and once again, everyone avoided her. After a long time, she was driven mad with loneliness and felt angry at herself because of the fact that no one bothered to visit her. Calypso would sometimes have anger fits and thrash about, for she had become mad. At night, during a full moon, Calypso's fits would be terrifying and frightening. I remember meeting her one time while she was alone and I gave her carrot. I spoke to her, because I felt bad for her and I didn't know about the rumors then. She then told me her life story and I told her my own life story. We bonded and became friends within a few minutes!" Sarai sighed blissfully, remembering the memory. "She was the most beautiful equine I had ever seen. Then, some villagers saw me with her and drove her away, punishing me heavily for meeting her. That night, a storm came while I was asleep. I then woke up blind. Who knows? Maybe the curse left her. But I bet she's living all alone, filled with loneliness, bitterness, and sadness with the curse still on her shoulders." Sarai patted her brother's head and stood up while Amos led her back to her room.

Note:
I'm sorry the paragraphs are soo long. I'm ashamed of that but I tried. So... I hope you like it! ;)
Last edited by JiaPop on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
╔═════════════╗

She is clothed
with strength and
dignity,and she
laughs without
fear of
the future.

Proverbs 31:25

╚═════════════╝
JiaPop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:28 am

Your Name: -3B-
Horse's Name: Promijeniti
    (Croatian word meaning "Change"; refers to the legend of how luck changes so wildly after seeing him); Nicknamed "Promi", which often ties him with "Prometheus" [The Light-Giver] with those that do not know his legend, and they often seek him out in hopes of their luck changing for the better, not knowing it - more often than not - changes for the worse.
Height: 17.hh
Story/Legend/Myth: The legend of Promijeniti is perhaps the most fickle, two-sided tale of all of those told by the humans (and, to a lesser extent, the mustangs) in the area; while the sight of most long-maned DAMs is a sign of rain for those that believe in the old legends, the sight of Promijeniti brings either good luck - exorbitantly good luck, beyond all reason - or, more often than not, extremely bad fortune, especially for those closest or most valuable to the one that sees him, resulting in massive losses; one could not only lose their entire family after seeing him, but their house and business and everything they have ever loved will fall to shambles. But to see him and have good luck - happiness eternal! Fame! Fortune! Love! Everything one could ever want, handed to them on a silver platter by a gilded unicorn! - is incredibly tempting, and others seek him out to try their incredibly small odds, which are said to be a hundred times better in gambler's hovels like Las Vegas.

Part of the legend goes on to list things that may appease him and possibly earn one more chances at good luck, the biggest item being unattached voodoo dolls - those clean, blank slates that have not been attributed to someone yet. They say that he uses them on enemies, and, being the mustang that most would want revenge on, he has plenty. Other say no, no - gold or jewels are what he wants; everyone appreciates a good diamond, yes? Or maybe all that he wants is a nice, fresh apple. Or a virgin's handkerchief - no, that of a princess! The list changes from person to person, and setting to setting, but the voodoo doll is, in general, the one the most people agree on, despite the fact that it is no more lucky than the average horseshoe.

The locals are a tricky folk, and do not trust outsiders as much. Therefore, it's very difficult to get legends such as this one out of them. Therefore, those outsiders that do not know the full legend of Promijeniti and only hear his nickname, Promi, and the association with luck believe that his full name is Prometheus, and that he brings wisdom and light to one's mind after seeing him. They actively seek him out, wanting a taste of the knowledge - and, if they do see him, the locals watch as the viewer's life usually spirals out of control with pain and loss. Those that survive this negative change actively try to redirect others, saying that "knowledge is a cruel, cruel maiden", but human (and animal) nature is far too stubborn, far too curious to pay experience any heed.

----------------
    Notes that you don't have to read, but might be interested in: I attributed him to luck because voodoo and other pagan religions are very much associated with fortune and happiness - good luck, in other terms. But his chimeric nature reminded me so much of the alternate side of that coin, bad luck. Putting them together was as simple as sewing a hem on a voodoo doll itself; The legend simply wrote itself around that idea. The voodoo doll/gift part came out of old legends that I remember - ones about bringing precious items to appease beasts in hopes that they may let them pass or give them a valuable token in return. Promi's gift, of course, would be good fortune - though it never really works that way with him, as far as I've figured. Creatures (real and mythical) that are often chased (for either revenge or possible gifts) like having certain types of protection, and what better protection for an intelligent being than a doll of your pursuers that you can harm and force them to slow down or leave you alone?
Last edited by Desmond on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temperance. » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 am

Epic <3
This is going to be wickedly fun XD
Definitely applying :3

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me