Based on Click to view
Artist Sayna Jaye [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Vudu #46 Red Panda

Postby Sayna Jaye » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:40 am

What is a Vudu?
It is an ungulate native to the jungles of Africa that now also resides in the Louisiana Bayou. They possess a five-point set of antlers, have three toes on each foot. They also have gems in their chest that are thought to be the the source of their psychic abilities.

Height: 13.2hh

Red pandas are natural tree climbers. Tell me about the time this guy climbed one himself. What happened?

The Royal Mirage wrote:Username: The Royal Mirage
Vudu Name: Tabu
Psychic Power: He has the power to assist plant growth, if he focuses his mind he can make a seed grow into a fully grown tree in just under an hour. Yes it takes a bit of time, but plants are sometimes fragile and growing them takes focus, time and care
Story:
Wandering in the Louisiana Bayou one day was a leggy little Vudu buck, about the size of a small Paso Fino. When he walked, each time his hooves lifted from the ground, fresh grass sprouted where hoofprints would have been. Little Tabu was still young then, about a year old, and was just starting to come into his own and learn about his magic. He loved to trot in circles and see where he'd been by the little flowers and grass patches he'd left behind. On one such day, in the heat of the afternoon, he looked back at his hoofprints and saw a little seedling tree, about the width of his short shoulder spikes. As he stared at it, he saw it get bigger, growing right before his eyes!

He had always thought his power had only applied to where he'd stepped, but he was seeing now as he concentrated, that the jewel on his chest was slowly coaxing the tree higher and higher. He'd been concentrating for a long time now, the sun was starting to set behind Tabu and his tree, and as he craned his neck back he couldn't tell where the tree ended. It seemed to just go on and on into the sky. Ever curious, he focused on a small protrusion at the base, forming a branch to hold onto and climb. Getting up was a difficult task, and staying balanced was even harder, but bit after bit the little buck climbed.

Soon he didn't need to grow new branches, climbing up the trunk when there was nowhere to grab and resting on thicker branches that would support him when he got tired. When Tabu realized he could walk and balance on one of these higher branches, he cautiously made his way away from the trunk, through the walls of leaves that had sprouted since that afternoon. Poking his head out, the young buck's eyes widened. He was high above all the other treetops, able to see forever across the Bayou. The moon was high and full over him, lighting up patches of water and making the leaves in the trees look like rustling silver sheets. It was from that moment on that Tabu started living in the trees, perfecting his powers as he perfected his homes.
Last edited by Sayna Jaye on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sayna Jaye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vudu #46 Red Panda

Postby The Royal Mirage » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Username: The Royal Mirage
Psychic Power: He has the power to assist plant growth, if he focuses his mind he can make a seed grow into a fully grown tree in just under an hour. Yes it takes a bit of time, but plants are sometimes fragile and growing them takes focus, time and care
Story:
Wandering in the Louisiana Bayou one day was a leggy little Vudu buck, about the size of a small Paso Fino. When he walked, each time his hooves lifted from the ground, fresh grass sprouted where hoofprints would have been. Little Tabu was still young then, about a year old, and was just starting to come into his own and learn about his magic. He loved to trot in circles and see where he'd been by the little flowers and grass patches he'd left behind. On one such day, in the heat of the afternoon, he looked back at his hoofprints and saw a little seedling tree, about the width of his short shoulder spikes. As he stared at it, he saw it get bigger, growing right before his eyes!

He had always thought his power had only applied to where he'd stepped, but he was seeing now as he concentrated, that the jewel on his chest was slowly coaxing the tree higher and higher. He'd been concentrating for a long time now, the sun was starting to set behind Tabu and his tree, and as he craned his neck back he couldn't tell where the tree ended. It seemed to just go on and on into the sky. Ever curious, he focused on a small protrusion at the base, forming a branch to hold onto and climb. Getting up was a difficult task, and staying balanced was even harder, but bit after bit the little buck climbed.

Soon he didn't need to grow new branches, climbing up the trunk when there was nowhere to grab and resting on thicker branches that would support him when he got tired. When Tabu realized he could walk and balance on one of these higher branches, he cautiously made his way away from the trunk, through the walls of leaves that had sprouted since that afternoon. Poking his head out, the young buck's eyes widened. He was high above all the other treetops, able to see forever across the Bayou. The moon was high and full over him, lighting up patches of water and making the leaves in the trees look like rustling silver sheets. It was from that moment on that Tabu started living in the trees, perfecting his powers as he perfected his homes.
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sayna Jaye » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:22 am

Up!
Sayna Jaye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Down!
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sayna Jaye » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:23 am

Inside out?
Sayna Jaye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 am

Round and round ;p
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .kestral » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:25 am

Username:
Kestral&Leo (It's Kess, feel free to call me Kess, Kessie, It or well anything)
Vudu Name:
Falco
Psychic Power:
Hydrokinises/Aquakinisis - He can control water, whether it is making water flow up from underground or drawing water to himself from the air around him.
Story:
Water bubbled around the young Vudu as he played in the stream, the sound of trickling was music to his ears and he let out a loud sound of joy as he leapt onto the bank prancing around gracefully. His hyperness and apatite for trouble was not sated by the development of his abilities and he loved finding new ways to use them. As he glanced around at the small herd an idea came to him and he let out a soft chuckle, a truly mischievous sound. His small frame trembled happily as he snuck around behind the herd. Here was a large tree, one that had been growing longer than anyone could remember, the older herd members usually spent the warm afternoons settled under its branches. Here was where he was going to play.

With shocking efficiency he began to leap up the rocks that had been piled behind the tree by floods many years past, the highest of the rocks was a short distance from the lowest of the tree branches and so with graceful bounds he made it to the tree branches. He let out a snort of amusement and leapt onto the lowest branch using its slight swaying to help him leap onto the next, and the next and the next. Slowly he made his way up until he reached one of the higher branches. A quick look up showed him the branches above could never support his weight, but the leaves of the tree his him from view. He grinned to himself and settled down to wait.

The sun grew hotter and the afternoon got brighter and brighter. He waited patiently in his tree as the older herd members began to move into the shade it created. With a smile he closed his eyes and began to concentrate. He could feel the water in the air, in the tree's and in the leaves. He smiled as it was all drawn towards him creating a large mass. He opened his eyes, there dark depths were bright and happy as he finally let go. The ball of water dropped like a stone smashing onto the lower branches and showering the group of Vudu below him. He let out a happy, bellowing laugh. The Vudu reacted as one leaping to there hooves and letting out sounds of outrage.

It took two weeks for him to be forgiven, but when they didn't think he was around he heard the older herd members talking about how it was a good shower of power and the water had been quite refreshing. His first trip into the tree's had been a success, and his powers were truly his own.
Having serious issues viewing dark colours at the moment. May delay replys to pms. Sorry.

The Leopard Pups
Grey, Black and White. The world revolves and we go with it. Twisting in this everlasting monotony, eyes of green and gold, watching and waiting for our chance, our time. Cytor, Liliana, Serenade, Bayonet, the Prankster, the sweet one, the mother and the lost soul. There birth was a lost event, one in a million, two wandering souls met in the shadows, and these four were created. There pups are the stuff of legend, one lost there sight, one lost there path, one lost there love and the other? The other lost his family, everyone they cared about. He lost his family.
.kestral

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sayna Jaye » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 am

The Royal Mirage wrote:Username: The Royal Mirage
Story:

Oh geez you guys, this was a tough call! But I can just imagine the wonder and excitement here as he discovers what he can do. So grats Royal, and thank you so much for the wonderful read Kestrel&Leo!
Sayna Jaye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 am

Eeep! Thanks so much Sayna *snuggles profusely* Promise he'll be thoroughly loved
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me