DAM: Bay Leopard

Postby Panacea » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:42 am

For Runner up loveTHATwolf in the Red Taffy Adoption <3
Sister to Astrid Image

loveTHATwolf wrote:Username: loveTHATwolf
Horse's Name: Kalysta
Height: 16hh
Story:
There have always been rumors, some of how the rain follows quickly behind the horses of the desert that posses manes of long silk. Possibly because their manes flew like clouds in the wind, or maybe their beauty lured the water forth. No one has found the answer. Not even the wisest of humans can find out what brings this myth to life. The allusive horses bring the sweet drops of water. It's hard to believe, until it happens.

After a heavy drought in a small village in a town, a group of children, no older than ten, set out to find these horses. But that wasn't what they found really. As one mare, whom had taken pity, followed the children. Her name was Kalysta, she was young and rather healthy, sporting one of the flowy manes that eveyone longed to see. She followed them, day and night, watching the sand spill behind their dragging feet. They felt the eyes, but saw nothing, they hoped and feared at the same time. After the third day they stopped and sat. They had lost everything, from their way to their hope. Of coause, Kalysta didn't want them dead. She almost felt as if they were good company even though they knew nothing of her presence.

With a luring whinny she set off at a quick walk, the kids, Abasi, Funsani, and Isis felt their hearts pount against their chest, and their feet meet the ground once more, they couldn't believe their ears. Much less their eyes. They had not yet caught sight of Kalysta herself, but they saw the prints painted into the dry desert sand. The mare just barely kept out of sight as she moved at a slow trot, neighing every once in awhile to keep the children's spirit high. The time passed quickly, Isis saw her first, just barely. She shouted it out, Abasi and Funsani peered into the stirring sand, their eyes straining to make out the figure. The quick rear and happy snort sold it. They raced forward, Abasi making it first. His skinny arms quickly wraping themselves around the mare's neck. Her eyes widened and her head tossed a bit. But she accepted the odd human gesture.

The children did an odd dance, Kalysta was intrigued. She even attempted joining in with Head tosses and high stepped prances, arching her neck and flaring her nostrils. The trio laughed into the night sky, but everyone gets tired. All three slept with Kalysta, against her smooth stomach. She watched them for a bit, their young beauty. She happily blew air from her nostrils before carefully laying her head over their thin legs.

The morning was one of sadness and joy. With quick hugs and a releasing whinny, the children ran to their village. Yelling of what they saw, and of how they danced with a horse of the desert. The elders told them this was nonsence, as no long maned creatures would wander with such oblivious children. Of coarse everyone rejoiced at the rain that came into town, but none as much as the three children, who danced once more.

They hadn't found hope, or glory... they found something even better than all of the riches in the world. Those children found.... a friend.
Rarity: Uncommon
please find me below!
Tumblr | Instagram | Youtube | Behance
DAMs | my WMEs | commissions [off-site only]
Panacea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DAM: Bay Leopard

Postby Kaylawolf » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:26 am

Oh Pana I love the mane on this one!

It was different when there was a Stark in
Winterfell.

But the old wolf's dead and the young one's gone south

to play the
Game of Thrones,

and all that's left us is the ghosts.

Kaylawolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neara » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 am

Woah this one is awesome! 0.0!!! Love it Pana!

------

Foals:
CaspianImage
Last edited by Neara on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Picarto.Tv [off] | Join.Me [off]
ImageImageImage
Art by: Andiliion, Folktale, & gators and feigns Avatar by: me
Comissions: DA/USD only Art Trades: same skill lvl only Requests: -never- Redline: yes
D.A.M. | Fan Club | Characters/Fursona | W.o.I.
Neara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angua » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:40 am

wooow! how beautiful!!! congratz :-)
Angua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shrimpdog » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Oh.my.gosh.
I won?!

I am so excited right now! Thank you so much, Pana!

She's beautiful!
shrimpdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jillybean711 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:20 am

Shes so pretty!!! <3 <3 <3
ImageDeviantart

Hello I'm Jilly! I am an artist, writer, gamer, and I love creating characters. I am a nerd at heart about literature, films, and bugs! I'm now mostly active on deviantart, but on rare occasions I visit Chickensmoothie to look around.
jillybean711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me