Drawing sessions 17
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Spider Rune Drake Egg

Postby Benathorn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:11 am

Mersera

Owner: Ashenjay
Type: Spider Rune Drake

"Web of Lies and Truths"

"Why hello, welcome to my Cottage. My name is Thorn and I am the caretaker and founder of Runes. Many come here in seek of my aid to help them find their Rune partner but you seem to be here for a different reason...An egg you say? My, that is quite rare, lets take a look shall we? My, my, this is an unnatural egg you have found. The Spider Drake is not all that it seems and their eggs are rarely found do to those who stumble upon them usually are never heard from again. This is for good reason, these drakes travel in large colonies and ruled over by one large female, the queen. What you hold in your hand is a queens egg, you can tell this by it's large oval shell and bright rune mark. The queens of these Rune Drakes are actually quite beautiful and deadly looking. There eyes see all and they know many secrets that lay deep within the caves and crevices of Eldemore's lands. Their homes are built from a thick saliva they produce, that turns to a hard thick nylon string to create sticky webs of steel. These webs can hold the many large drakes of these colonies and prey even twice the dragons size. Be wary of the Spider Queen though, she does not look kindly upon humans and has no qualms in eating them for lunch. Take care when raising this young egg, you hold royalty within your hands..."

Judging for forms ends October 29th midnight CS time.

Rules

~Those with the best Short Story will win this egg.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 3-5 hours to make these growable adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~This form is not as large as the others and I only wish to see a well written short story of how you obtained the egg.
~The short Story can not go over four paragraphs and must be within that limit otherwise your form will not be counted.
~Please do not go over 5-6 sentences for each paragraph.
~You may draw pictures with your story but only one. I focus more on what is written rather than drawn and proper credit must be given if the art is not your own.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner's Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Drake's name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85]Female[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Write a small story of how you found this egg.)[/size][/center]
Last edited by Benathorn on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Spider Rune Drake Egg

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:17 am

Owner's Name:
Amxen no.XV
(My Rune Bearer is Amxen Falark,but the drake will be owned by my second Bearer Rinkumay Falark.)
Name:
Kumo Oni
(This is Japanese for 'Spider Demon')
Other:
:The Bite of Death:
Its a dark Holloween night.Its my birthday you know.My sister takes me from house to house,collecting candy and small toys.Later,she would give me a small cake and some presents.But,the best present of all,I found when I ran away from home just the day before.That bite still hurts.
----------------------------
You know me as Rinkumay Falark,Amxen's sweet little sister.I enjoy exploring as much as my sister,but I have never found a Rune of my own.So,Im running away so I can find something better than my cats,my snake and my sister's horse.Mabey I'll come across something greater than Neoark,the poor Siphon Rune with Vampirisem.Im running into the forest now,not knowing what I will come across.Weird,so many webs on the trees this time of year.
------------------------------
What was that noise?Oh,its so strange in the forest at night.The webs are all over the place,glowing eyes stare at me.Strange,that cave up ahead seems to be glowing,telling me to come closer.As I inch closer,I see that the cave is covered in thick webs.Im going into the cave now,and I dont think Im gonna be welcomed.
---------------------------
Im running deeper into the cave,trying to keep quite.I hear some hissing at times,and skittering.Wait,is that a chamber?It is,and there is someone in here.It is a man,dead and cold,with bites all over him.He is holding an egg with a spider on it,and as I take it from his cold dead hands,I felt a pain in my arm.

(Rin is Amxen's little sister.She is 11 years old,and will be 12 on holloween.)
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 am

-I do not have the muse to enter-
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyasi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:20 am

Owner's Name:
Tyasi
Name:
Arana
(Arana Hiera Archaeic is her full name)
Shouldn't someone of a noble start, carry a noble name even though her circumstances have changed?

Other:
In the adjacent crag of our campsite there was a famed tarn that was foretold in local legends that once you cast your gaze upon its dazzling surface, you wouldn’t ever desire to abandon such an ethereal site. Our excursion into the wilderness was for solely inhaling the greatest productions of nature known in the area we had chosen. On the next night where the moon just extended its shape into a waxing gibbous was when our yearning and tenacity would grant us with a legendary bounty. We had packed lightly; dehydrated packages of fruit, bottled water, lighters and multi-use knives with the traditional mountain climbing equipment necessary. On the night of our departure, the actual climbing proved to be trouble-free as the jutted edges were large and stable. It was virtually almost impossible to be unable to gain a foothold and oddly enough as we had elevated ourselves there were numerous large cavities that led inside.

We had chosen an aperture that was slightly hidden by a ledge; slipping in, the eight of us weaseled into the moist, clothes-hugging walls of a stony corridor. That suffocating, enclosing passageway seemed to be perpetually heading toward a southerly exit. As the walls finally decided to give us personal space we could see the reflection of water coming in from the numerous luminous fungi and flora that resided in the cavern. Thankfully, I was the caboose of the eight-car train and our superb conductor plummeted into the pool of water with five others following like lemmings off a cliff, except some weren’t lucky enough to land in the water. Only two of us remained in the overhead tunnel as we shuddered at the three of our members writhing and wriggling like insects as they were caught in the large adhesive strands of a ginormous web.

The attempts of loosening themselves from the web sent its vibrations all throughout its strands, but each wave of force was a tremor to those who called it home. Rune Drakes emerged from the farther regions of the cavern, their large bodies crawling swiftly to my companion’s location. I counted approximately thirty as they neared my cohorts, but they froze and backed away in complete submission to an extremely large drake that I could never believe to have such beauty. I marveled at its imposing mass and elegance, but then I reeled myself back into reality as my fellow members were soon to become a snack. Without any thought I glanced to see the safety of the ones who fell into the pool, who were already nearing one of the cavities from earlier in a chance to save their own hides, while forsaking the rest of us. As the woman in front of me quivered, I shoved her behind myself with a lighter in hand.

I jumped and plummeted down letting the lighter flames lick the edges and set flame to the web. The thread dissipated under the heat as we all fell into the serene pool that had now been disturbed by the falling rubble from the legion of dragons fleeing their home; the cavern was becoming deserted as Drakes violently departed causing the place to cave in. After dragging our soaked bodies out we all took off towards the nearest exits, but as we ran my right leg fell into a newly ruptured crevice. Inhaling the smoke I became woozy and was only able to pull my leg out after the aid of two others caring for my safety. As my blurry eyesight could defined it’s appearance- an egg wrapped around in silk-like thread had entangled itself on my jeans, tearing it off in haste I clutched it to my chest as we bounded outside before the collapsing counter hit zero. When my eyesight had cleared, I felt guilty of what I had done for such a selfish deed, but I decided to aid this egg for a chance at survival by seeking out your wisdom, Thorn

Last edited by Tyasi on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ImageClick Abraham(Steampunk Weasel for BEF Archive)
ImageImage

ImageImage

Tyasi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 am

Shiko Hayashi

There once was a time
When a wanderer traveled by
With a grin on his face
And a frown in his eye
He twisted and turned
And searched for a path
But all he found
Was a maze within his hat

Aranea

A spider
Hanging by a gossamer thread
Salve parvulus
Quomodo est vester princeps?
Full of webs
I have no doubt

Female

Not word, not a sigh
With tender breaths
She waiteth in the night
For her lovely delight

Story

She sat within the dark, warm space. Her mind empty of thought and reason. All she felt was the tingling of emotions, flickering throughout her small, scaly being as life went by, unnoticed. At times, she would feel her body shift from side to side, swirling within the encasing. Yet soon she would settle and the moment of brief confusion would pass. She couldn't feel anything. Save the warmth of her own tender skin, she was with out senses. Some would say she was empty, or broken. however, that was not how she felt. She felt safe, and comforted. Protected within the flimsy walls, and more than willing to remain.

However it wasn't long before something did change in her small, black existence. One would not say she felt, but it was a sense only one could imagine, and the best way to describe it was felt. So one cold day, upon the shell of her being, she felt something. Something new, and strange. Gossamer finger's, threading their way back and forth upon her shell. Squirming, she opened a glaring eye, glancing up at where the sense of touch pervaded through the flimsy shell. There, a purple spot glowed brightly. Wincing, she drew away from it, her back hitting the other end of the shell. A light sound occurred the moment her back did so, a ringing that vibrated through her entire being and filtered throughout the place where her egg resided.

The scuttling stopped and silence resounded in the loud way that it does. The fingers were gone. Curiosity straining at her like a tethered dog on a leash, she arched her neck, staring at the previously lit spot. She had never experienced sight before. It had been a strange experience, and she thirsted for more of it. She wanted to know. Had to know. Determination settling within her small, young frame, she arched back her neck and bit into the soft, flimsy flesh of the shell. Tearing and ripping with her weak arms, she cracked and cracked until a crack began to grow. Then, with one last plunge, a spot of light appeared in her world. Stretching toward it, she gnawed at it with a sharp tooth, opening the hole wider. Blinking in the sudden onslaught of light, she stared wide eyed up into a face. She felt a pang of instinct rising within her and she let out an irritated squeak. The face let out a low rumbling sound that vibrated throughout the strange world around her.

A finger, so light and gentle, caressed the top of her head. It was both a heavenly and unpleasant feeling. Unable to separate the two, she gurgled in the back of her throat, the dragon equivalent of a purr. The face laughed again and, gently picked her up. She squeaked as she left the warmth of the shell and she curled quickly into the tight nook that the face made with it's arms. Another deep rumble, and she felt herself beginning to settle once more. Yawning, she blinked sleepily, looking up at the face. "Aranea..." The face whispered. The little dragon closed her eyes, the vibrations of the words still ringing through her new mind as her new caretaker, Shiko, carried her off into the world of mysteries.
Last edited by Shiko Hayashi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bast-et » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:56 am

I'm afraid I'm dripping out. I completely forgot that there was a story limit in place for drakes and I can't seem to get my story to shorten. Good luck to everyone else in winning this special egg.

Owner's Name:
~Bast~
Name:
I have to do Aragog. There is no other name for spider royalty.
Other:

================================================================================================================
Back in Thorn's cozy cottage, the adventure would have seemed a dream, imagined during a peaceful, tea-induced nap, were it not for the green egg that sat heavily in my lap.
"It's a bit of a long story Benathorn..."
"Not particularly pleasant either." Aludra added with a curl in her lip. Serca chortled at her from her safe perch atop the cabinet, and Aludra glared back.
"...I wouldn't believe it myself, if I hadn't been there. And if it hadn't been for this." I continued, hugging the egg to my chest. "I suppose the adventure begin five days ago, when we heard a scream from the forests..."

================================================================================================================

I could feel the warmth of the weakening fall sun on my arms through the new gaps in the tree branches where leaves had fallen. Serca happily flew from branch to branch, shaking down orange, red, and yellow leaves for Cei to chase. Together, the two runes succeeded in cheering Aludra whom was embittered by the recceeding plant life. She stalked by my side in her vivid blue and green ancient form. Where she stepped plants grew... only to die as her magic left it to the ascendant magic of the autumn ancient. But she was the only one upset with the changing seasons. As biased as I was, fall still tugged my heartstrings with it's majestic beauty. The tall trees blessed our passing with their colorful tokens, and in our merriment, we wandered further into the vast sea of wood than we usually did. It wasn't until the air began to cool and the sun began to die that we realized just how far we had come... and just how lost we were. Even Aludra, usually a perfect compass, was lost as the changing seasons messed with her senses. We turned and began to travel back the way we had come- I had no warmer clothes, and we all lacked food and water. We couldn't stay out the night comfortably or safely. This time, the trip lacked any playful antics, and our walking had a sense of soldiers marching into unknown countries to wage war. The lower the sun dropped, the further our hopes fell. And when the sun gave it's last gasping ray of the day, I sat down.
"We can't walk in the dark. It isn't safe... We could walk off a cliff as dark as it is here."
This part of the forest was walls of spiny evergreens and vengeful brambles. Aludra growled at the evergreens that surrounded us, guarding their prisoners. The evergreen trees were beholden to the ancient of winter, and Aludra's least favorite ancient. As far as I knew, the feeling was mutual. Serca came and huddled in my lap, with Cei wrapped around my neck like a scarf. I leaned up against Aludra, warmed by her freshness and the feeling of light sunlight on my face.
I love you all... I sleepily thought at them before fading into sleep.

And then the scream shook the air and tore us awake.
Last edited by Bast-et on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bast-et

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:04 am

dsjhcsjdhjhfghd <3
Voodoo would drive her insane X3 "Can I have some silk? Can I have some silk? I want to kni- I mean sew with it! Pleasepleasplease?"
<3

Owner's Name:
flyteck
Name:
(Drake's name goes here)
Other:
(Write a small story of how you found this egg.)
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby perros1234 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:06 am

Owner's Name:
perros1234
Name:
Arachne
{I chose the name Arachne, because of an old Greek myth. In the myth, Arachne was a mortal weaver with extraordinary skill. She boasted that she was even better than Athena, the godess of Wisdom. Athena was insulted by this Arachne's arrogance, and organized a contest. According to the legend, Athena was so envious of Arachne's success and possibly her chosen topic, the loves and transgressions of the gods, that Athena destroyed the tapestry and the loom. In the end, Arachne was turned into a spider by Athena. I aplogize for the brief little legend. I think this name is suiting for this particular drake because, after all this is the spider drake.

Other:

Wip!
Last edited by perros1234 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My two lovely little Pommies. <3 The one on the left is Will not be active for a while
perros1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sculi the Ax » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:08 am

Owner's Name:
(Your username goes here)
Name:
(Drake's name goes here)
Other:
(Write a small story of how you found this egg.)

Beautiful~

Ah, unfortunately I was too busy with swim. (-squeal- made it to state)
So good luck to all who entered <3
Last edited by Sculi the Ax on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kickthe Gher gave me a pig! oDo
❒ Taken
❒ Single
✔ Waiting for a madman in a box...
An apple a day keeps the doctor away,
but The Doctor is cute, so screw the fruit

Teehee, Dan was here x3

I used to be SCULIAX and Skuliax ~ No stealing
Dat sexeh ladeh Dan Howell made my avatar. Give her some fluffles for it, yeah? c;

~ My characters ~
ImageImageImage
WIP :3
Sculi the Ax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kim0921 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 am

Owner's Name:
kim0921
Name:
Shiria
Other:
One day I was walking through a cave looking for lost or hurt animals and i felt like somthing was going to go wrongs or bad when I heard a huge snap and the last blood curtleing cry of death by a mother rune dragon POACHERS! i was scared to death i must fings the baby!I rememberd the the only time they go in cave is to breed so i started franticly looking for the egg or hatchlingwhen i foolishy almost triped over it when i sawit i though that is was the most beatuyful elegant looking anything i had ever seen and decided to take it home were i hada rune egg incubator from my mom.This was all today so it has not hatched yet :) :)
Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
me and Chocolate01 are bffs in real life so we do trades like this http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... aa4L1aqOg.. hamster done by dawnsun2 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=278982 how well do u know me? http://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-qui ... 86642&a=1&
kim0921

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me