Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Elkrin Adopts by Benathorn

Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 13 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 16
191 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Elkrin Adopts

Postby Benathorn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Welcome to Eldemore! In this land we are best known for the Rune Dragons which inhabit this place. But, there are other mythical creatures that dwell in this world besides the Runes and Ancients. Though not as powerful as the Runes, Elkrins are a dragon-type deer which the residents of Eldemore made bonds with in the past. An Elkrin, just as the Runes, carry marks upon their bodies which hold a bit of magic. Humans are able to tap into this magic by becoming filters for the creatures they bond with, thus making them special creatures in their own rights...but I am getting ahead of myself. Eldemore is filled with magic and mystery and for now we shall focus on the fabled Elkrins that only a few are allowed to ride upon. In the legends of old they speak of individuals who were able to connect with these ancient deer. The males are strong and proud, their horns varying from Elkrin to Elkrin, but are the size of a horse. The females, which bare no horns, are delicate and graceful, but just as magical and regal as the males. They are often not seen because of their elusive nature and because there are not many left in our world unfortunately.

Your purpose, young Rune Bearer, is to search out these creatures and make a bond with them. It is clear they can no longer survive on their own without the aid of humans. Tap into their magic, find other Rune Bearers who have also claimed an Elkrin as their own, and try to bring back what was once lost to Eldemore. Magic is the life line to this land and to have these species disappear would be a great loss. Will you be one of the great Elkrin riders of old? It is now up to you to decide their fate and we shall await your decision with great anticipation...

-About us-

Hello, many of you will know me and my sister from the Rune Dragons! We love to work as a team and wanted to give back to our Rune Dragon community by offering you all something else to enjoy in Eldemore while you wait for our site to be made. We would have never been able to be so inspired to do this if it were not for all the amazing users who both supported us and encouraged to learn more about the world we share with you. This is our little gift to you, we want you all to see and experience a new land and new creatures besides just the Runes, and we hope this will live up to expectations. So Jendalie and I hope you like the creatures called Elkrin, and we know you will all add to the adoptables and make it something special. Our sincerest thank you's go out to you~ Thorn

The Staff

Owners-
Benathorn and Jendalie

Artists-
Benathorn and Jendalie

Mods-
Skeseth

Archivist-
Skeseth

Affiliates

Strike List
(For those who do not follow the rules or continuously harass, bully, or break the rules repeatedly.)

Merlin's Heir~ Banned Permanently
Tundra~ 2 Strikes
Coexist ~ 2 Strikes
Amxen no.XV ~ 1 Strike
Sphie ~ 1 Strike
Ivy. ~ 1 Strike
Last edited by Benathorn on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elkrins NO POSTING

Postby Jendalie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:14 pm

.:Rules:.

~Elkrin are a spin off species of Rune Dragons and exist in the world of Eledemore. Ban/warnings from the Rune Dragons will transfer over to here.
~Please do not steal or ever claim these as your own.
~You may use the Elkrin that you have won in signatures, stories, RP's, or just as a friend.
~When applying, you may NOT place the creature in your signature/avatar. Only the owner/winner of an Elkrin may use the image in either their signature or avatar.
~Do not sell these or give away to someone else. If you no longer want your Elkrin then let us know so they can be adopted back out.
~Fill out all forms completely.
~Do not remove from the CS website.
~Please place adoption forms on their respective Elrins's page. The main thread is for customs, breeding, news and questions only.
~You may only apply for a Growing/Breeding slot if you own one of the Elkrin(s).
~Gifting a fawn is allowed but only if we are notified beforehand.
~Limit of 6 Grown Elkrin and 4 Baby Elkrin Fawns per person.
~You may only apply for 1 Elkrin at a time. If you change your mind and wish to apply of another you must pull out of any current contest you have entered.
~Do NOT use our ideas without permission!
~Only owners of Elkrin may request commissions being made of their already existing creature/design. You must ask their permission to make any fan-art of it.
~You must give credit of the Elkrin's design to the original artist.
~Do not order/create art of Elkrin Fawns as adults. This is considered stealing our adoptable and will not be tolerated.
~Do not make shops or sell our ideas in auctions. This is stealing and only we will request a shop to be made.
~Do not make "Fake Pets" of our Elkrin's.
~Any form of art theft will result in a strike and reported.
~ You will receive a PM containing the code for your adoptable once the winner is announced or payment is received.
~Use common sense. Think before you post.
~Please be kind and show respect to the other users and artists on this thread. Any arguing will be reported as spam and either a warning or strike will be given depending on the situation.
~Bullying or harassment of other members in the Elkrin community will NOT be tolerated. You will be immediately reported and banned.
~If you are banned you will forfeit all Elkrin to other users who will take care of them.
~Definition of Banned: You will no longer be allowed to participate or communicate in our main thread, fan club, offsite forums, or anything that has absolutely anything to do with our Rune Dragons/Elkrin. This is a very sad but serious thing and it is very unfortunate when someone is banned. Please don't let it happen.
Last edited by Jendalie on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Elkrin Adopts

Postby Benathorn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:15 pm

-Elkrins Up For Adoption-
Last edited by Benathorn on Fri May 10, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 59 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Elkrin Adopts

Postby Benathorn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:15 pm

-Breeding-

Elkrin stags and does are paired only if they accept one another but for the most part are not picky on whom they choose as a mate. These dragon deer rarely meet one another in the wild since there are so few, thus there are hardly any fawns being produced to help the decreasing population. This is where we need your help, we have sent word to many other Rune Bearers across the land to ask for their aid as they find Elkrin in their parts. Hopefully by pairing a few of these mythical deer type dragons, we can bring back the magic they once held in Eldemore and hopefully save them from extinction. You already have a vast amount of experience with creating bonds with your Rune Dragons so who hope you can implement your skills here as well. Good luck~ Thorn

Breeding is the same as it was back at the Rune Dragons. By pairing a stag and a doe together, weather they be your own or from another user, you will receive only one offspring. Elkrins do not reproduce as much as Rune Dragons so only one fawn will be made from each paring. Each Elkrin may only breed up to three times thus only producing three offspring total. Be sure to read the rules below for more information.

.:Rules For Breeding and growing:.

~Breeding's will only be taken if there is an open slot next to the artist. If no slots are open then no breeding orders are being taken at that time.
~Breeding and growing will cost one wishlist pet. Required payment is one rare WL or a minimum of one uncommon WL pet.
~You must decide which user will claim ownership of the fawn between the two of you.
~You can only breed your Elkrins three times.
~If you wish to breed you must contact the person whom you wish to breed your Elkrin with and both agree in doing so. Once that is settled, you must PM the artist informing them of the breeding and show the images of the Elkrin who are paired.
~You must decide with the person your are paired with who gets the fawn. The one who gets it must pay or the other may pay if they so choose. (That must be decided between the two of you and not me.)
~Be polite and kind to one another, if someone does not wish to pair with you then you mustn't get upset. Just try for another.
~Breeding and growing slot openings will always be announced on the main thread for you to try to claim. It is on a first come first serve basis so be quick!

~~~

::Breeding Slots::

Benathorn: Slot 1: (Closed)
Jendalie: Slot 1: (Closed)

~~~

::Growing Slots::

Benathorn: Slot 1: (Closed)
Jendalie: Slot 1: (Closed)

~~~
Last edited by Benathorn on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Elkrin Adopts

Postby Benathorn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:09 pm

~ Archive ~

:Codex:

Eldemore- The land of Eld is a continent full of magic and mystery. Within this place dwell creatures called Runes. These Runes are dragons who carry a bit of magic in their rune mark and forge bonds with the human residents. There are many ethnicity's that range from the dark skinned gypsies to the light skinned individuals of Alabaster. These diverse peoples make up the human population which call Eldemore home. Though this land is made up of many towns, mountains, and rivers, we do not yet know of every mythical creature that lives here. Even the legendary Ancients were thought to be a myth until we figured out that they had been in hiding. Same for the Elkrin, which goes to show that this world of ours is always filled with a new mystery.

-Races-

Rune Dragons- Rune Dragons are dragons with rune marks upon their wings that carry a bit of Eldemore's magic within them. These creatures are vast in numbers, with a variety of breeds throughout the lands. Many Runes are paired up with their Rune Bearers and share their magic with the human host. Most stay with their human till they pass away. Very few Bearers are seen without at least one Rune by their side.

Rune Drakes- Rune Drakes are a larger breed of dragon that are not often seen with human Bearers. The Drakes are in constant conflict with man, and a Rune Bearer is only able to create a bond with one if they rear it from an egg. Drake eggs are constantly stolen from these creatures to be raised by military officials as large mounts or sold on the black market. This is the source of hate from the Rune Drakes and why many adult Drakes are killed by poachers and hunters who covet the value of finding their nests filled with eggs. However, when an egg is raised by a kind bearer, a powerful ally is gained, as well as a bond that defies the hate and violence that Drake and man have become ensnared in.

Ancients- Great dragons with vast amounts of magic at their disposal. Though they resemble Runes to a degree, these large beast grow to be large and imposing in size, but what is truly special about them is how they have avoided detection all these years. Ancients can use their magic to take on the form of a human being, though most still posses markings and vibrant eyes which can give them away to the trained eye. They covet humans more than anything and search endlessly to have a human become their summoner. Once this human is found the Ancient will create either a bless or cursed pact with the summoner, thus bestowing them with vast amount of magical abilities and sometimes even immortality. If an Ancient has a summoner by his or her side, they can use the human as a filter to store and let their magic flow through endlessly without strain, thus making the Ancient much more powerful...

Elkrins- The Elkrins were once numerous across the land of Eld. They varied in appearance and markings, and although they do not posses the great magical abilities as the Runes and Ancients, they do hold a small bit of magic of their own, as do all things in Eldemore. But these majestic dragon-type deer have all but vanished from the land and are now on the verge of extinction. Effort is being made to bring back this elegant race as well as the great Elkrin Riders who once rode upon the backs of these mythical steeds. The Elkrins have a different method of bonding with a humans, called 'imprinting', where the deer accepts a rider as its own and gives the human permission to ride on his or her back. They also have the ability to influence and change a human's appearance to become more slender and elegant in nature, much like the Elkrins they ride. This was how the Elkrin Rider race was made and hopefully they can be brought back once more along with the great Elkrin.

Rune Bearers- Rune Bearers are simply humans who are the bearers of Rune Dragons. Of all the wondrous creatures in Eld, humans are the most unique in the fact that they are the only ones who can filter magic and use it at will as the world's energy passes through them. No other creature or race can do this and it is this trait which makes the humans stand apart and excel. A Rune Bearer is a common sight in these lands but there are many bearers, keepers, and riders that connect with other creatures too and use the magic they hold within themselves. Rune Bearers always have at least one Rune whom they have with them at all times and many enjoy keeping the same types of Runes with them. Such as dark elemental magic Runes or ones that are proficient at healing or light. A Rune Bearer can be just as diverse as the Runes they hold dear, as humans come from many diverse backgrounds. This is what makes Rune Bearer the most common profession to see.

Elkrin Riders- The Elkrin Riders, commonly called Riders, are humans who bear a quite different appearance to your average human being. An Elkrin Rider is made when a human is imprinted with the magic of an Elkrin, thus changing their appearance to match that of the elegant creatures. They are taller and more fair in appearance, and their lifespan increases significantly. There were once so many of these individuals that they even considered themselves to be a "higher" race from your average human, but they have all but vanished alongside their Elkrin steeds. Now there are few of these agile individuals left to tell us what become of all the Riders and the Elkrin. Hopefully a few Rune Bearers can change this and bring back the Elkrin Riders once more by becoming them, even if it means changing from what they once were.

Dire Wolves- Dire Wolves are large canines with two tails and devastating magical powers. They originate from the desert capital of Darak'i and are a large part of the people's traditions there. These wolves come in a variety of hues and fur coats but they are large in size though not as massive as the Leones. They despise the Leone race for a number of reasons but for the most part get along well with their other neighbors. They also make the Elkrins feel uneasy, but welcome the sight of any Rune Bearers or Drakes. They are fiercely loyal to their Warden counterpart and bond with their human at a young age. Once the two have grown up together, an unbreakable friendship is made, one that rivals all of the other races and their bonds. A Dire Wolf is highly keen on their territory, but lack the stealth that the Leones possess. Instead they make up for their weaknesses by pairing with a human Warden. This allows the Dire Wolf's magic to flow through the Warden, giving the human the ability to cast spells that can wreak great havoc upon their enemies. "Alone we are weak, but as a pack we are strong!" Such is the mantra that the wolves have instilled in both their pack and Wardens. A Dire Wolf would die for his Warden master, but not before ensuring that it takes down their enemies with them. They are one of the most numerous species, besides the Runes, and rival even the Drake Cavalry of Alabaster City.

Dire Wardens- Dire Wardens are an order that originated from the Darak'i people in the Silver Dunes. These people are strong willed in nature and have a high sense of honor and loyalty to their own, much like the wolves that accompany them. They are fierce like their deserts and large like the packs. To be a Dire Warden is a long held tradition among the capitol of Darak'i. Once a child reaches the age of eight they are gathered with other children of their age to meet the pack and be chosen by one of the new Dire pups. This bond starts early and when Warden and Dire are first united they create a bond so strong that each would die for the other. They are accepted as part of the pack and begin their training to become a Warden. Though the Dire Wolves magic does not influence their Warden's appearance like the Elkrin and Leones do, the wardens have a wild-like appearance to begin with, as well as a strong personality. A Dire Warden is the second most numerous profession besides the Rune Bearers. Their capitol is also on good terms with Alabaster city, but they have an inherit distrust for the fragile Elkrin Riders and the haughty Keepers of Leones. They are considered brash and straightforward, and always love the prospect of battle. A pack of Dire Wardens is quite a force to be reckoned with, as they excel in devastating attack magic.

Leones- Giant cats that vary in both color and appearance, they are only ever seen at the Keeper monastery atop Mt. Bastion. These large cats are highly intelligent and very powerful in their own right. They communicate with their Keepers by using magic to speak to anyone they so choose. After all, a Leone would brag that they know over a hundred different languages, to which they would be correct. Though they act haughty in nature, and uncaring of what goes on about them, these giant beasts care deeply for their human counterparts, even if they would rather give sarcastic remarks or insults to show it. The older Leones are far more mature than the so called 'cubs' of their order, but all of these cats have a certain high opinion of themselves, while having a great knowledge of their surroundings. It is nearly impossible to sneak up on a Leone and its Keeper. Each cat prides itself on its magical attributes. They only choose one Keeper in their lifetime, placing a magical mark upon the human and constantly stating that they are theirs and not the other way around. A Leone's magic is more powerful than an Elkrin or a Rune but they excel at strength and stealth more than anything. Like the Elkrins, a Leone's magic will influence their Keepers appearance, almost giving them a feline look to them while also enhancing their senses. A Keeper will certainly stand apart from a crowd atop their Leone, but for the most part both are rarely seen and usually stay atop their mountain in seclusion.

Leone Keepers- The Keepers are known far throughout the land of Eld as a sacred and ancient order that guards all of Eldemore's secrets, history, and accounts of individuals and their deeds. In their remote monastery atop the peaks of Mt. Bastion, they are secluded from the world below and rarely socialize with the other races or species. To be a Leone Keeper is a great honor among the land, but you must also give up your past in order to join the order. It is said that if you can travel to Keeper's monastery atop Mt. Bastion then you will find the elmwood doors with two Leones carved intricately into their foundation. There are many tasks and much meditation required to find oneself before candidates are even allowed past these doors. Even then there is a slim chance that you will be chosen by one of the sacred beasts. And whose bonds marks their Keeper for life. When a Keeper is accepted however, they are granted access into the great library that holds all of Eldemore's knowledge within it, as well as their own Leone who will be their guide for the rest of their lives. Leone Keepers will sometimes travel the land atop their feline's back, forever searching for new knowledge and being given high honor whenever visiting one of the capitols or towns below. Before the Elkrins were on the verge of extinction the Keepers were one of the rarest professions to obtain. Rarer more was it to see one of the great Leone beasts that they rode upon.

-Locations-
Alabaster City- The capital of Eldemore and the largest city state in the land. Alabaster is one of the oldest settlements. There are many legends and a deep history that is etched into the great white buildings that make up this ancient place. It is one of the few cities that have progressed quite far in both magic and technology; however there is still a separation between the church and state. This creates much conflict within both the government and the heads of the church, neither agreeing and both vying for power. However, that is another story entirely...what is truly astounding about this city are the people and Runes who have come together to make it what it is now. Alabaster is truly the white city of Eldemore; it is filled with diverse races and creatures that have all come together under one banner. A true testament to what we can achieve, Alabaster's great white gates have always been open, regardless of the conflict which ensues in its shadows.

Celtlands- The Celtlands are an area located towards the north of Eldemore's continent and encompasses the rolling hills and mountains of the region. A more hardy people live here with thick flowing accents and open hearts. These lands are filled with mystical places, such as the Flickering Vales. Strange and wondrous tales are told here, and the Runes and creatures that call this place home are just as magical. Ancient secrets are buried beneath these rolling hills and the people are at one with the land. The residents are of paler skin with fierce sharp eyes and flowing hair, they are welcoming of outsiders for the most part but their loyalty lies with their own people and the bonds they make with their Runes. To be a part of the Celtlands is to be a part of a proud race and the towns that dot these vast hills are a sight to see with elegant carvings and intricate woven art. A land filled with mystery, the Celtlands are truly a magical place.

Flickering Vales- WIP

Mt. Bastion- WIP

The Great Highlands WIP

Oriental Isles- The Oriental Isles are located towards the east of Eldemore and away from the main continent. A few large islands make up this place, and the Jade Palace is settled at the heart of the islands. It is known to have the second largest city state, and the people and Runes who reside here are delicate and refined. They value honor and tradition above everything else, but hold a healthy interest in outsiders that visit their islands. Trade is prominent here and the Orientals are very intelligent when it comes to trade. They produce exotic delicacies that are enjoyed by all of Eldemore. The Runes and Elkrin which are found here resemble the beautiful land and waters that surround them. The Rune Bearers who hail from the Isles are lean and slender in appearance with a pride that can never be broken. Eldemore would have never been able to progress without the creations and ideas that sprout from the Oriental Isles.

Ash Moors- This is a barren landscape that spreads across the edges of Eldemore's continent. The Ash Moors were not always called this, nor was the land covered in ash as it is now. But what transpired to cause such a vast area to become so desolate is unknown. Whispers tell of a great battle which took place for the freedom of Eldemore from an ancient foe. All of Eldemore's creatures and races gathered to fight this great evil which threatened their lives and land. We can only assume that they were victorious since our land is free and full of life to this day. However, the Ash Moors are a testament to what could have happened, and any who touch the dead land can feel the pure hate and darkness that destroyed whatever once stood there. Perhaps this is a clue to how the Elkrin and their riders nearly fell to extinction? Perhaps even the Runes and Ancients, and all the other races who fought against the darkness, were once on the verge of disappearing as well. However, all have fought to survive to this day...it would be quite a tale to know what happened in that ancient time. But to this day, the Ash Moors still hold a malice to them that keeps the place empty and devoid of life.

Darak'i- WIP

Dune- Dune is a small oasis town out in the Silver Sands Desert. They are but a days travel from the desert regions capitol, Darak'i, and are dependents from their major cities citizens. However, they are more attuned to the desert then their city cousins and like all the Darak'i who live in the desert, have a great tolerance for the intense heat of the day and freezing temperatures at night. They are certainly more welcoming than their capital since their livelihood greatly depends on the travelers passing by and are a welcome sight to all who wish to find sanctuary in the silver dunes.
Last edited by Benathorn on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elkrin Adopts

Postby Benathorn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:02 pm

~We are now open for posting~
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sphye » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:21 pm

They're so pretty! I hope to win one, the front story/introduction is amazing.
Last edited by Sphye on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skeseth » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:24 pm

Stalking properly now, love these new species!

Come adopt your own and more at Eldemore!

Skeseth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Ooh, these are awesome :D The first female kinda reminds me of Suicune... xD
Dr. Paine