Artist x-Birch-x [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
36 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

WME: Pinto

Postby x-Birch-x » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Height: 15hh
Owner: Koiyote
Equid Name: Ahote or Coyote, I haven't decided yet.
Equid Age: 5
Describe how you feel about me as an artist? Okay, here we go. I'm sorry if I get disorganized in this, answering questions directly can actually be a downfall for me. I'll try my hardest!

I'll start with the first question. I discovered you art through chickensmoothie in a somewhat random way. First I saw your oekaki around those boards, I looked at them and moved on. That's how I do with most oekaki, I think the pictures are nice but I generally don't comment. The only oekaki I tend to comment on are close friends, so please don't feel insulted by this! Well, after a bit of that I found this thread. After looking through the designs I noticed your name again, tied the oekaki and designs together, and figured out who you were. From then on I enjoyed looking at your designs, I've wanted to go for quite a few but most were already closed or the ending date was too soon. As for the art itself, I think it's lovely. It looks like you put a lot of effort in to it, of course you're the only one who truly knows. The shading and colouring looks smooth on your traditional work, something that I can struggle with a lot! It's very impressive to see smooth colouring, especially, since I know how much of a pain it can be to make it look good. So in short; I think it looks like you put effort in to it, yes.

Actually, yes, I did see your paintings! The purple horse painting titled ' Let me run! ' is impressive as heck for your third try, let me say. I dabbled in paints for a while...it didn't last long. Paints and my hand do not work, your third is tons better than my more recent paintings. (I've done about...eh fourteen or so now.) Paint is a very hard medium to master, and I hope you'll continue to grow with it! One thing I love about the painting is the way you managed to fade a strong color in to white very fluidly, I've always had a hard time doing things like that. I also enjoyed looking through the statues you painted; another impressive feat. Those things have ALWAYS given me trouble.

As for your improvement as an artist, yes you have. From your first oekaki drawings and designs to now, the improvement is extremely obvious. The drawings have a better grip of anatomy and the like, and the designs are mroe than just colors thrown on. I adore the designs you make, which is why I'm trying out for this beauty! I think you've got great skill, and drawing horses is quite a challenge. I respect people who can draw horses, their bodies are so different and difficult to grasp. I hope you continue with them, I'd love to see your works in a year or so. They'll probably have improved even more, I know I love looking back at my old things to see how I've grown. I wish you luck with your horses, keep pursuing them further!

If you weren't an artist would I still want your designs? Hail yes. As I mentioned up in that paragraph above, your designs are STUNNING. That's why I'm so psyched for this one! If this were just a regular horse design I would still want it. The markings are lovely, the colors are smooth, and the choice of placement of everything is wonderful. I also really love the touch of adding a more transparent ring around the blotches of brown color, that is so fun to draw and look at. My thing is this: When I see a design, a personality and name should pop up to me very soon after. If they don't, the design isn't important enough for me and I shouldn't have it. Well, as you can see from my name form up there, I couldn't even pick a name! 4 names actually came to mind for this one, but I slimmed it down to the two that rest up there. If I win I'll have to pick, maybe a randomizer or something, haha. You seem tp pay a lot of detail to your designs, adding little things that are amazing such as the pink spots, they already mentioned semi-transparent rings, the stripes on the tail to add composition, and the gradient-ish look of the brown getting darker as it goes down. This design is really stunning, and it'll be much easier to draw than say, a tan Equid. I have tons of brown pencils, whoo! So all this said, yes I would most definitely adopt from you if you weren't signed with WME.

As for comparing to a better artist, not really. First off, I tend to only compare myself to better artists. I can't think of a time when I've looked at someone else's art and thought " You know, this person isn't as good as this person. " I just really haven't. I compare myself to other artists a lot, but I find it sort of rude to compare other people to other artists, especially if they don't want to be compared. I can be rude to myself, lol. And for why you do art, the last question. To be frank and honest; no I do not. I don't know your brain, but I can always take a few guesses. I do art because it's something to do when I'm bored, I find it fun, and I love animals and creating things. So maybe you're the same reason? I know you love horses, so maybe you draw because of that? It is fun, so I think that's another reason. i think every artist probably does art for fun in some ways, otherwise it's not enjoyable for them. So I can't really directly answer this question, sorry about that.

Okay, and I think that's about all I have to say. I hope I answered the questions okay, I probably went off track a lot but I tried my hardest. xD

Thanks for a chance at this beauty!
Last edited by x-Birch-x on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I check in here once in a while. If you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM!

x-Birch-x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME: Pinto

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:32 pm

He is AMAZING. Why do you always have to make such awesome designs, Birch? Gaaaah... Kataya would kill me if I used up my last slot getting another stallion. She craves feminine company! I'm gonna have to pass on this amazing boy... or at least try to pass...
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~
Lithions + Ophyals for sale
quit CS, contact me on dA

Signature art by LostGosling

CharactersAdopted Critters
OphyalsCepheus HoundsCretoz Unicorns

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyCrowsong » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Owner: Lemur-Flight
Equid Name: Lost Wood of Ancient Cedar (Cedarwood)
Equid Age: 3
Describe how you feel about me as an artist? You don't know how amazing you are.

1. How did you discover my art? Was it my deviantart? Theses WME's? Some other adoptable? or randomly?
WMEs
2. How do you feel about my effort in my art?
You do amazingly.
3. Have you seen my paintings?
Yes, at least one, anywawy...
4. Have I improved as an artist?
I'm sure you have.
5. If I wasn't an artist for WME's would you still love and know my art and designs? TRUTHFULLY!!!
I kinda doubt I'd know of you, but if I did, I would still love your art and designs.
6. Have you ever compared me to a better artist? TRUTH
I don't know if this is what you were looking for as an answer, but I always thought you were the most talented equid artist.
7. Do you even know why I do art in general?
I truly do not, but I would guess for several reasons: you enjoy it, it helps you, keeps you in touch with a certain someone you've lost (of which I may have read over livestream tonight...)

Birch, I'm concerned about you. And I want you to know that you can always come to me if you need anything at all. I'm always open. And of course, that goes even if I don't win this WME; after all, he's nowhere near as important as you are.
Last edited by LadyCrowsong on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pet's name: Moon Soul Plushie Princess
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Used to be Lemur-Flight
LadyCrowsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astrocompass » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:45 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL
Owner: Kennet
Equid Name: Aeir
Equid Age: 4
Describe how you feel about me as an artist? I feel as if you put quite a bit of effort into your art, I only know you as a WME artist but even in these little adoptables you can see that. I have not been following your work for long but in each piece there seems to be a certain character about them. I love that about the art you do, and I hope to watch you grow further as an artist. I'm not sure why you wish to do art in general, but I hope you continue none the less Birch, you have wonderful talent :)
man, teenagers are weird.
astrocompass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Owner: WildHorse32
Equid Name: Thore
Equid Age: 5 (June 3, 2007)
Describe how you feel about me as an artist?
Joking Right I just love your Equids
Here first off are the arts i love the most
viewtopic.php?t=1221191 I love Equids with a bit of Yellow and Black ALLOT and put together just the way i love it
viewtopic.php?t=1221236 Man do i Love staring up at the Sky and this even though it didn't take so long just love it beautiful work
viewtopic.php?t=1214857 I LOVE blue and i just love the setting of it
viewtopic.php?t=1212657 Makes me think of the Breyer Set i have of Spirit , Rain, and their baby just with Black Stripes
I Really can you you put allot of thought into the art...
honestly looking through all 31 pages Love allot even from the start but slightly even better growing to newer..
You and I seem to have some of the Same Taste in design because i just love your designs..
Also i love when people Blend their art and seems that is improved ALLOT
viewtopic.php?t=723412 Love Appaloosa's
viewtopic.php?t=743386 even though above i said i love things blended but stuff like this never have to be blended and just look really pretty as is...
viewtopic.php?t=886764 looks like you had a great time with this
I LOVE making Paint horses also and think they;re really pretty I can maybe make 50 and none will look much the same...

sorry i made it hecka long and you have more coments to read so i'll srota stop here and i GTG have to get off now have computer time limit here at my dads XD... but man i love your paint horses some people don't do that well but you i would adopt about any I'm picky on how some do their paints
Last edited by KathrynKat on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mordacious » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Owner: Mordacious
Equid Name: Rezzi
Describe how you feel about me as an artist? To be completely and 100% honest I found you through Equids. It's not fair, I know. But I found you that way and I'm really happy I did. I now stalk your deviant art and occasionally creep through your old Youtube Videos. As for how I feel about your effort in your artwork, I don't think It's fair for me to judge. But if I have to tell you, I think you put your heart out into your work. Though it may be random, as you said (X3) it's beautiful and I really want to see you grow more as an artist. Rather it be on Youtube or Deviant art... if you quit CS (or even WME's) I'd still follow you.
I haven't seen you improve as an artist (Yet!) Since I found you through WME's not long ago, but again, I hope to. I admire you as an artist, and I really like your horse anatomy. I'm jelly (X3) for lack of other words! I haven't seen your paintings, as I didn't creep THAT hard through your Deviant Art. I did see the sculptures you painted, though, I really like them! I suck with a paint brush, and I (once again) admire your skills.
If you weren't a WME artist, I would still be following you as much as I am now. I swear, it's true. WME's you can only have so much of, but if you still make designs out of WME and art out of WME everything still flows. Even though I would stalk you less often (as your name would fall back on my latest posts) I would still find a way to see how you were doing. c:
As for your last two questions, I have never compared you to another artist. It's not fair at all when others do that, as, we are all on different levels. And as for why you do art, I would assume it makes you happy. I draw because it soothes me, and It gives me a way to express myself. I would guess you did the same thing.<3

[[Ugh, reading through that it makes me look like I'm sucking up to you.. I'm really not. I just hate it when people, artists, hate or drag themselves down. You are awesome, Birch! If I had seen you around CS before WME's I would of been all over your art. I promise]]
basically quit lol

peace
mordacious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Shark » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 pm

(sorry If this is FCFS)

Owner: Snowstar1
Equid Name: Clyde
Equid Age: 4 Years
Describe how you feel about me as an artist? Not quite sure what you mean so I'll awnser The questions as I am deeply confused;

1. How did you discover my art? Was it my deviantart? Theses WME's? Some other adoptable? or randomly?: When you Became an artist for WME :3
2. How do you feel about my effort in my art?: I fell You alway put effort into it :3
3. Have you seen my paintings?: No, But I bet their Epic
4. Have I improved as an artist?: Yes, From what little I have seen of Your art, Yes :3
5. If I wasn't an artist for WME's would you still love and know my art and designs? TRUTHFULLY!!!: HECK YES, YOUR ART IS AWESOME
6. Have you ever compared me to a better artist? TRUTH: No...I fail at compairing artists.
7. Do you even know why I do art in general?: I would Say you enjoy it and It helps keep you intuch with someone?(I cant remeber were i heard it)

x Shark x They/Them Pronouns x
- WMEs - JBDs - Kiamaras - Hyeneas-
|Team Valor|

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

<Signature art + Avatar By me>
Agent Shark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Owner: -Kiley-
Equid Name: Oakridge
Equid Age: 3 years
Describe how you feel about me as an artist?
I met you a long time ago on Aywas! I had a really nice time talking with you. Other than that, to be honest, I've seen you with the WME. (Of course, I wasn't really into the art business until you were a WME artist) More recently I've seen you making adoptable lines for people and such. I find this a very kind thing to do. I believe that you a lot of effort into your art and it clearly shows. I've seen your paintings and such on dA because I've looked at your stuff before (I recently added you to my watch because I didn't realize I hadn't before). Since joining Chicken Smoothie, I think you've improved greatly. It's good that you have confidence in yourself, because in the end..it's your opinion that matters. I understand the want of others approval. In the end, that's all I want, too, making people happy. We are our own worst critics, and I believe it. If you weren't an artist for the WME, I would love your art still. Your designs, including this one, are really very nice. The style of equine designs that you have is very unique, and they are all realistic and very pretty. Even when not drawing or designing equines, your art is nice to look at. I love seeing it while scrolling down the Oekaki boards. I've honestly never compared you to a better artist..why would I? Your art is great and that's all I see. Of course I can understand people comparing themselves, because in all honesty, I've done this to myself many times. I think that it's just basic human nature. I believe you had told us why you do art in your livestream. Ever since your grandmother had passed away last year ago, you've been drawing every day. You said, until then, you hadn't drawn before. She is your inspiration, and I see this as a very noble thing. I understand the circumstance of her death and I am truly sorry, I can sympathize a little bit. I've lost all but one of my grandparents, not to the same fate though. If I honestly didn't feel good about you as an artist, I wouldn't have asked you to become an artist for my Tempestines. I hope that you like what I've said, I tried to write my very best for you, Birch. :)
Last edited by Koiley on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:55 pm

well off i go i'll check here tomorrow GL my friends
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinx. » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Owner: The Jinxed Fox
Equid Name: Kione
Describe how you feel about me as an artist? I think you're an amazing artist! You're designs for WME's are always so pretty.

1. How did you discover my art? Was it my deviantart? Theses WME's? Some other adoptable? or randomly?
I discovered your art through the WME's

2. How do you feel about my effort in my art?
Your art always looks like you've put so much effort into it every time you draw something, especially the WME designs you do!

3. Have you seen my paintings?
No, I haven't unfortunately.

4. Have I improved as an artist?
Yes! If you go through your gallery, you can plainly see the improvements that have happened.

5. If I wasn't an artist for WME's would you still love and know my art and designs? TRUTHFULLY!!!
Definitely! I would love to see other designs you make for other things. Your WME designs are always amazing!

6. Have you ever compared me to a better artist? TRUTH
I don't really like to compare artists against others because everyone has their own ways of drawing things.

7. Do you even know why I do art in general?
No...I kinda just thought because it was fun, or because you liked it.
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
art shop jbd's characters fursona