My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1196 - Uktena - closed for judging

Postby Sixbane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Sorry on my delay! I've read through all the forms, This one was rather tricky to judge OTL There were so many wonderful ones. I wish I could award something to everyone who participated but i just cant ;A;/ so alas there must be winners

In the end, I've decided this one will go to~
4kcuo - As your idea was simple- but well executed, and I absolutely loved the comic you did to express it. It was perfect and complimented your form beautifully, along with enforcing the ideas you wanted to show. It was a neat take on something i'd seen before-I went into the form expecting a knight wanting to prove his worth in battle, but a blacksmith wanting to make a legendary weapon and see his work be used for glory, Lovely storytelling, and it all stuck in my mind extremely well- Try as I might I kept going back to this simple, but brilliant idea.

But, seeing as they were a very close second, I'll be awarding a RU to
Smol Birb- As the effort you put in was evident, the first line expressed your idea so well and did well to hook in the reader- "Legends are fake, he should know." The art piece you did did wonderfully to flow with your ideas and the entire form went together well! I thought it was extremely fascinating that you portrayed him almost like a monster of sorts- using his legends to control people was a very cool idea, and left thoughtful questions on the exact morality of the character itself.
(I will get this done as soon as I can! I've been a bit under the weather due to doctors visits but soooon)

Along with HMS to
Softballpup12- As I very much did appreciate the effort put into your post! It was interesting that he became a legend through his position as a pirate king and the turn of his control at the end of the story was well done as well.
Mainstay⊕Medic- As I enjoyed your writing and the idea of creating legends through his writing was a neat one. I enjoyed reading about his view of the prompt as being able to manipulate legends to tell the story he feels he wants to show.
boss. - As I enjoyed the well worded written piece expressing his indifference towards legends and overall ambivalence towards the way they depict things as a stereotype, and the art piece was wonderfully dramatic and colorful, and helped a lot to enforce the feeling of the writing. (Plus, I'm a total sucker for the origin of the name and the art piece absolutely suited those legends in my mind- haha!)
LivingLethal- As I thought your form was a good read, written in an interesting style and I enjoyed the different perspective of it! A legend corrupted by pride- honorable in the light but hiding problems beneath. Very interesting and well considered

As usual-if you want suggestions on your forms you are very welcome to pm me! I can let you know what I did/didn't like about the forms and offer constructive criticism for next time qvq/ I wont post here cause i know some people don't like that, but if you'd like the help i'm happy to offer my thoughts
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1196 - Uktena - winner up

Postby kiwi sauce » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Congrats to the winner, you may use my art if you so choose.
Thank you for the HM sixbane.
kiwi sauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 4kcuo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:35 pm

I am absolutely ecstatic, thank you so so much for choosing me!! I know it was a really difficult decision, I especially adored Softballpup12 and LivingLethal's forms, everyone just did absolutely amazing jobs qoq
Thank you for taking the time to judge today, I hope your recovery is swift. I'm so psyched to start developing him more!!
with school in full swing i'm likely going to be mobile-only except on weekends, sorry guys!!

[ da ] [ tumblr ] [ toyhou.se ]
you can call me cuo if you'd like!
i love to draw!! & i adore art trades! hmu
4kcuo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:47 pm

ahh, thank you for the hm Sixbane ! congratulations to the other hm winners & Smol Birb & of course 4kcuo ! your comic was simply fantastic, i adored the meaning and the art style !
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ServerNurse » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:04 pm

congrats to the winners, and thank you for an HM!!
PM me for the art
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doryphoros » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:04 pm

congrats!!
doryphoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rooster Cult » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Thank you so much for the RU! This is my first Kalon! I am super glad that you liked my form, I worked super hard. Thank you again.

Go ahead and keep my art, no need to pm me, the first piece was by me. The other credit is under the pieces
----
Rooster or Ruce // Autistic // any pronouns
Rooster Cult

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ethulai » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Oh my goodness congratulations cuo! I know how desperately you wanted this beautiful character!

Smol Birb congrats on your RU! That first art piece by you is GORGEOUS.

Congrats also to all the HM receivers, your forms were all breathtaking.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
┌───────────────┐

💀 // 💀 // 💀 // 💀
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Everyday is Halloween
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
- Shakespeare, The Tempest

└───────────────┘
Ethulai

My pets
My items