Re: Ecko x Aylin - OPEN!

Postby Medd-Lee » Sun May 01, 2016 11:03 am

Username: Medded.
Are you a current loc owner? Or is this perhaps your first loc? (if won): Well I'll actually know wohing the next 24 hours.. but at the moment of typing this I am not an owner!
Loc Name:
Meaning behind name:
Loc Gender: Male
Loc Element: Teleportation
Personality:
Relationship with parents: (one or the other, or both) Mother!
Future desired rank: Warrior - undecided specific yet
Story:
Extras: This is for cub #2

So excited
!

Dropping out.
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Thu May 05, 2016 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Tue May 03, 2016 2:18 pm

bump!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pety » Wed May 04, 2016 10:31 am

I hope entries are still allowed~
I would have liked to put even more work into the story, if I do happen to win him I'll keep developing and adding to it. (It's also a rather long story and a lot of info to keep track of, I might have made some mistakes..)
I don't know what else to add or change right now, so I hope you enjoy ^^
Note that since I have used other L.o.C characters (who doesn’t belong to me) for this storyline, their behaviour and dialogues won’t count as canon i the L.o.C universe until stated otherwise. I want to make sure that I have done all of the lovely characters justice c:

Username: Pety
Are you a current loc owner? Or is this perhaps your first loc? (if won):
I currently own one L.o.C: Tukan, you can read more about her here.

L.o.C Name: Reidar (Pronounced: Radar)
Meaning behind name: Scandinavian name meaning:
Rides to battle, brings order, warrior, ’the one who fights alone’
L.o.C Nickname: Reid (Pronounced: Raid)
L.o.C Gender: Male

L.o.C Element: Teleportation
All of Reidar's siblings got in touch with their element in one way or another, long before he did. However, one day while watching Pandora during training he felt something unexplainable deep down and understood what his element must be.
With time and practice he might figure out how to do the following things, for now however, as a young lion his skills are limited.
Whenever he teleports he leaves an image of himself behind, which dissolves into mist in seconds. Come age, the image he leaves behind can stay in motion and won’t dissolve until it hits something or someone. You can tell by minor detail which one is a copy of him or not, all of the colour drains from the image he leaves behind. Meaning his nose and pawpads turn from orange to gray.

Personality:
Runner
To run with the wind in your mane, your heart beating faster and faster as you’re picking up speed. It was a wonderful feeling, and Reidar never wanted it to end. He can spend hours running out in the fields and the woods every day with anyone who wishes to tag along.

Disaster
Disastrous, unlucky, a trouble maker.. whatever you call it, It was either a mixture of the three, or somewhere in between. Sometimes it seemed like the world had turned on him. The way he always manages to end up on the wrong route, taking the path to his own demise. An unexplainable spiral of failure.

Friend or Foe?
By adoring his family of light as much as he adores Loke and Rys of the darkness and will forever be marked by Arknon and his forces, somehow adoring his will-power and wits. He will always find himself wavering between the light and the dark.

Devious
After hanging out with Loke and Rys a bunch, their behavior has brushed of on him. He has become a masterful liar thanks to Loke. While Rys has taught him her ways of manipulation through flirting without as much as saying a single word. Body-langue does a lot more for the eyes than you would think.

He is also: Curious, (fairly) Brave and Humorous

Relationship with parents: (one or the other, or both)
Father
He adores his father and his beautiful voice, the element of sound is truly mesmerizing. Being sung to sleep cuddled next to his sibling are some of his happiest memories. If he ever wants to talk to someone he usually goes to his father for guidance. With his passion and drive to succeed he always knows the right thing to say.
(Although, with his father being so protective, he can’t help but feel like rebelling and pushing boundaries as a cub.)
Mother
His mother is the kindest, most heart warming lion he knows. The fact that she tries so hard to make herself understood and make him and his siblings happy, is astonishing. Not just the element of light itself, which she possesses, is what he loves so much about her, but the way she is the very being of light itself is a trait he desperately wishes he had inherited.
(Somehow, he can’t help but stay distant to his mother, the older he gets, the more he wishes he could help her. He never wishes to hurt her and therefor a part of him despises himself for leaving.)

Relationship with siblings:
Pandora
Pandora is truly the best, she’s usually up for playing and any of Reidar’s stupid ideas for a daily activity. She has even taken the blame for him when they have gotten into trouble. The fact that they share the same element makes him consider her a twin, call it a sibling sense, but he always knows where to find her on a dull day. He will lean towards her for confirmation because he trusts her judgement, she is always honest with him and he knows that she is clever enough to disapprove of his foolish actions.

Other relationships:
Loke
A mysterious one, Reidar didn’t know his name for a long time. Yet, he chose to trust him. He might appear to be akin to a monster in others eyes, but to him, as much as he has respect for him, he’s a heartwarming lion with stories to tell.

Rys
The first time he met her the other cub despised him, jealousy evident in her eyes every time Loke spoke with him. Then suddenly one day she took his side when he needed help, she was there to protect him and they became friends not long after.

Arknon
Scary, just scary the first time you look at him. The second, the third even the fourth time. Nonetheless, Reidar is fascinated by him.

Lux (Reidar doesn’t know him as Romulus)
Reidar feels like Lux is kind, as if he puts on an act for Arknon. He hasn’t dared ask, incase he is wrong. He’s a tough brute that Lux guy, knows every trick in the book and has a sharp eye. He must be way to clever to be working in these conditions voluntarily, unless he’s doing it for an ulterior purpose. Reidar speculates a lot when it comes to his trainer from the shadows.

Future desired rank: Distractor
As a distractor his power of teleportation would be helpful when rushing into battle, he can teleport and leave up to two (perhaps four in the future) images of himself behind who runs among the crowd of tanks and dissolves on impact.
At first he wanted to be a tank like his father, but with Aylin’s lithe figure he doesn’t have the same kind of strength or muscular build to make it. Instead he’s got great stamina and speed. Being second in line however, he’d prove more useful to a group. He doesn’t blame his mother for it, in no way, ever. He loves her dearly.

Story:

[age: 3 years]
Cubhood
”Dad, what’s a reindeer?” My father chuckled ”It’s a creature of another planet, my son.” Pandora looked up ”A creature?” She asked ”Yes my dear.” He replied, I followed her lead ”What do they look like?” I asked, my father smiled down at me ”I don’t know, my son. But I’m sure they are just as curious as the two of you.” I giggled and climbed up on his back. My paws in his mane. Pandora followed suit. My brother and sister curled up next to his side. Our mother was out today and our father told us stories. Stories of the sun, distant planets and also rain. Massive amounts of water which he had swam through, his battle with the tide. His voice lulled me to sleep, I was next to Pandora. She was hugging my tail and I her leg as we dozed of into a happy dreamland.

[age: 20 years]
Where a new story begins
”You hang out with Pandora? What a loser!” The cub yipped. ”She is my sister and don’t you dare speak ill of her.” I replied angrily. The cubs sneered at me, coughing up laughter. ”And what are you gonna do little cub? You can’t even use your powers! You’re useless and sooner or later our trainer is gonna kick you out of the group for your lack of abilities.” The other cubs smiled and agreed with the big bully. I would have admitted myself defeated by now if he hadn’t mentioned Pandora, I hated how they dragged her into this mess, it was a poor attempt at making me leap off the team on my own accord. Reidar wished they could put this behind them and become friends again, he was only trying to seem powerful in the eyes of the other two. That must be it, he refused to believe he though so badly of him.
The memory was still ever present, it had happened just hours ago among countless other encounters days before that. Reidar was tired of it, tired of being treated like an underdog. He desperately hoped Pandora didn’t have it worse.

A Meeting with the Jokester
Training had certainly left Reidar in a bad mood today and now he was running across the fields, desperately hoping that the wind or perhaps the stars would carry answers. Perhaps he should run out into the woods, meet with the elder trees and wish for their wisdom to be stowed upon him.
He wasn't in any luck as per usual, it seemed as if he could't find any answers no matter how far he ran. Part of him wanted to believe that today would be different, that the deeper he ventured into the woods the sooner he would find answers.
It was getting late and his legs felt sore, he slowed down padding across the ground to rest against the roots of an impressive tree. It didn't take long for him to doze off, his mind felt like a haze and his dreams where merely a blur accompanied with shrill sounds.
He woke up at the smell of fire, panicked. Thankfully it was dark out. No flames to be seen. The light which the stars cast felt easy on his eyes, blocked out in patches by tree branches high above. He should be at home this late, home with his family. He started walking, trying not to think about the scent of glow. The dark mist which loomed over the ground, ensnaring his paws. Until he felt a warm breath against his neck. He had slowed down his pace, tempted to run, but too scared he would fall over with the mist blocking his vision from spotting any roots on the ground. It had been a long day, he was tired and scared. Then he heard the chuckle of a lion and instantly relaxed, feeling his courage come back to him. He stopped in his tracks. ”Hello, little one.” a deep voice greeted him. He turned his head to the side and looked up to see a green lion smiling at him.
He couldn’t help it, tears where pooling his eyes in both relief and sadness. He sat down then. ”You are safe, it’s alright.” the lion said before leaning his head down and reaching his paw around bringing the cub in for a hug. His fur was warm and he smelled of embers. And somehow, with this stranger, Reidar truly felt safe.
Once Reidar had calmed down the adult broke the silence ”What are you doing out in the woods this late hour?” his voice was kind. ”I wanted answers..” Reidar sniffled and continued, explaining the reason why he was out here in the woods all by himself. The story poured out so easily and he listened to him, heard his every word and replied calmly. He told Reidar about a lion, made them seem magical almost in the way he combined every sentence. His ears were perked and he listened intently. ”He’s been gone for years you see, no one knew of his whereabouts for years. It felt like a wait without no end, until today. The shadows whisper to me, bring me their stories and they tell me he is looking for participants..” Reidar interrupted him, to curious to be polite ”What do you mean by.. participants?” the word made him tremble. ”Well, I hear he’s looking for gifted lions too follow his tow. He offers to train anyone who dares seek him out and unleash their element in ways never seen before.” It sounded as if he had a hard time believing in his own words, as if he didn’t know the whole truth behind why this extraordinary lion had come back.

Reidar can’t help it, he’s thinking about Ecko, what he would say. What his dear Aylin would feel. But at the same time, it felt just as if he was standing in front of a parent, with this brute. All jokester with his might tucked away behind his stoic horns. He reminded him of his parents, of safety and guidance and a part of him wanted to believe in the other lion, that every word he said was true. That he was worth more, that he could achieve his goals and utter perfection no matter what anyone told him. So he asked ”Who is this lion, the one I can practice my powers with. Who will teach me how to unlock my potential, and unleash my element in it’s whole pure form?” The tattooed lion grinned at that, it almost felt like he had stepped into a trap, to late now, he thought. I have to grow up one day, learn to make my own decisions. ”The lion you are looking for goes under the name of Arknon, my dear.”

Running away
To find Arknon one had to look for darkness, trouble of the damnedest and most unforgivable sort. Reidar left home after midnight, carefully stepping past his sleeping parents and over his siblings tails. Once out of the den he turned his head back one last time to look at his family once more before he left. Running into the night. Allowing the darkness to engulf him.

He knew paths to forbidden areas, where to find overgrown trails and loneliness. Making it through thorn bushes and over gaps on slippy sharp rocks was a struggle, but not impossible for a determined cub such as himself.
The grinning lion had told him he would know when he had found it. The cave to nowhere land. The cave system had been used centuries ago, a shortcut to good enough hunting grounds and it served as a tunnel for transportation of any found food. Back when packs where small, food was scarce and the dust had greater hosts to attend to. With it being so dark out, he was happy he had the stars light his path this far. Now, clouds hovered above like a bad omen.
Reidar had been walking through the cave for so long that he had gotten used to the dark, it wasn’t until he found a way out of there, into a clearing. That he realized that most of the dust which usually surrounded him had now left him to his own demise. He was tired, got worn out by the minute, and understood soon enough that what he felt was hunger.

Into Darkness we Dwell

Reidar finally found a pathway different to the other ones, it looked like a hallway almost. The ceiling spiraled upwards the further he went. He nearly collapsed as he reached the end. Tired and famished. He closed his eyes and allowed the dark to grab hold of him. His dreams where worried. A terrifying creature chased him through a cave, slithered it’s way around the walls in unimaginable patterns. A gruff voice shook him awake. ”Who are you?” no one could be seen, so he answered the shadows. ”My name is Reidar. ..Who are you?” he asked, out of breath from the nightmare. The voice cackled at him, echoed through the cave ”Silly one, I ask the the questions around here. Now, tell me Reidar. What do you seek?” The voice reminded Reidar of rusty metal, was he still asleep, he pondered. ”I seek answers, shadow.” he regretted saying the nickname out loud immediately. ”You should go, you won’t find any answers here.” The voice was hushed now as if the shadow was leaving him. He started feeling desperate ”Please help me, I want to learn. I don’t know who else to go to.” He almost shouted it. In reality it was a lie, but he would do anything for this chance of redemption. A lion appeared from the shadows then, waltzed across the ground with ease and laid down on a ledge right above him. His eyes shone red and bones poked out from his face. Scars like patterns on his gray fur and a scarce mane running down his neck. This had to be Arknon.
”You’re so keen to learn, huh? Think I can help you with anything? Well you are wrong, I can not help you with everything cub, there is only so much I can do. If you want my help, you have to drop the trusting, learn to question motives, be devious, uncertain and most of all put on an act. Let no one see you without a mask. From now on, if you want my help, you are my obedient liar. Is that clear?” Reidar was confused if anything, what was he supposed to reply to that. ’Yes oh faithful overlord, I will follow you ever wagging tail’. It just didn’t add up. He glanced at Arknon, couldn’t read his expression. Guess he was right about the whole mask ordeal. ”This is your last chance to back away. I’m waiting, cub.” His voice sounded impatient, he must have done so on purpose. He wouldn’t let his guard down for me, for anyone, he was a professional and also quite scary. He felt as if he had no choice but to say yes at this point, that Arknon would send someone after him if he left now. Back him up against a cave wall and get rid of him.
So he said yes, accepted his offer, and told himself he wanted this for his own.

Time for practice
”Lux, get over here.” Arknon gestured for an elder lion, striped sandy fur and clad in impressive silver armour. ”This one’s yours, says he wishes to be trained. Must have potential if he dared venture through those (darn) caves.” Lux looked unimpressed as he scanned me up and down. ”I’ll see what I can do.” He replied casually before turning towards me again ”Are you coming? I won’t wait for you.” I stared at him first, could’t believe my unexpected luck. ”I’m following you.” I stuttered, rushing to keep up with him.

The training area was cramped and damp, water dripped from the ceiling and his shadow disappeared into the dark walls of the cave. One beam of faded light glared through the ceiling, taunting him. Lux was walking in circles before him, heavy steps and head hunched as if he was deep in thought. Perhaps thinking about how to start the lesson in the best way… I hoped.

[age: 21 years]
You have to keep going
Every time it gets to much. Whenever the training gets to difficult, he goes running, and Loke’s always there to meet with him, he’s confessed and cried and gotten the support he misses so much. He misses his siblings and parents, and what little friends he had, even his fears and the meanest lions he knew of.

He wasn't met with the usual grin today, instead Loke stared him down ”I fooled you, into a trap? Son, you were merely a fool to fall for your own emotions. You let them take the better of you, and walked right into Arknon’s arms to find the answers which you seeked. I only guided you because you were so keen to know of his whereabouts.” I couldn’t believe it, was Loke mad at me? ”I.. I didn’t.” I had trouble constructing words. ”No, you see, I remember the scenario quite clearly, and I’m sure you do to. You asked me and I answered. Now scram, I’ve got better things to do and a very special party to attend. Toodles~” And with that Loke left in a hurry. Back hunched in an odd way.

One full moon went by before Loke showed up again. He nearly apologized for how he had behaved the last time they saw eachother, his tail resting between his legs which was odd for the proud lion. Reidar forgave him easily and gave him a reassuring hug.
The presence of Loke was so endearing that he hadn’t even noticed the cub standing behind his long legs. Loke had a friend with him, he introduced her as Rys. The sight of her was astounding, sparkling scales ran down her back, her pelt in blues and whites as pretty as the night sky. Her attitude and wit both surprised and impressed him. It didn’t seem like it now, but one day, he’d want for them to be pals. If she hung out with Loke, she must be amazing.
Sadly, Rys didn’t take a liking to him. She either showed her teeth and arched her back, or gave him a look as if his presence offended her. He gave up trying to befriend her eventually, still hoping she might come around one day.

[age: 22 years]
Let’s go home
Arknon spoke almost as if he was in a rush, impatient as always. ”Reidar my son, I know you, I know you better than anyone. You are heartless, devious, manipulative, just like me. We make a perfect team, you need me just as much as i need you. The sooner you realize that the better. Now get a move on, we’ve got business to attend to, and I’d hate for you to miss your… special, ceremony.” ”I promise”, he spoke, the words like poison in his mouth. He didn’t owe Arknon anything, didn’t want to promise him his allegiance.

I had left the damned cave again, ran until I was out of breath and had the sky above me. Loke showed up as always. Comforting me and for once, not telling me to return. The precious moment only lasted for a while though. ”You should return before they find you gone.” I swallowed and held back the tears. ”It’s too much Loke. I don’t…” Loke got up signaling to Rys that they’re leaving. I lowered my head, curled in on myself. Shutting out the world. Rys came up to me then, I heard her light footsteps on the ground. I looked up, curious. She sat down and put her paw on my chest. Giving me a sad and meaningful look. ”What are you up to Rys?” Loke spoke (irritation evident in his voice). What she did next was unexpected. Her expression turned cold and stern as she turned around standing on all for legs, blocking the path between me and Loke. She puffed up her chest, I imagined her growling for me. Loke looked almost stunned, from what I could see. ”Rys, Reidar has to go back whether you like it or not.” Loke said out-loud, the rest of the conversation between them splayed in his eyes. Rys lowered her head as she hunched her back and showed her teeth in an angry manner. Loke gave her a look of sorrow(?) and I understood her then. Rys had accepted me, I never thought it would happen but she wanted me to join them and leave this mess behind. No more training, no more fighting, no more scars and burns. And most of all, no more dimly lit caves with dripping ceilings. I wanted to accept her offer so badly and at the same time, a part of me knew what it meant for me. I wouldn’t just be at the top of Arknon’s list now, I’d have to go back home and see my family. Part of me didn’t want to, didn’t want to be seen as the disappointment which I was. Loke interrupted my thoughts then, if he hadn’t I would have cried. ”Reid, Rys. Let us go home. We have somewhere else to be now.”

--- years later ?? ---

[Reidar’s age: 36(?) years] [Tukan’s age: 238 years]
Darker times
[From Tukan’s point of view, during the middle of the Civil war(?), one nearly uneventful day, the alpha makes a speech, mentioning Reidar at the end of the speech by request from his pack.]
”Lead by Loke into the paws of Arknon, this lion you once might have considered your friend can no longer be trusted.” He made a pause surveyed the room and continued a voice as clear as it is mighty. ”Played like a puppet by darkness itself, this lion does no longer know which path to take on his own accord. I trust that any and all off you cut of strings with this lion for your own good, does he have a change of heart and wishes to return as our equal once more. I will speak with him, no exceptions.” Ethereal looks very serious now and the mood in the room has changed drastically. ”We cannot lose more friends to the dark of the night. I trust you all will make the right decision. Now, I have other matters to take care of. If anyone wishes to speak, about any concerns you might have, you will find voluntary leaders and pride members waiting outside of this room. Meeting dismissed.” And with that Ethereal, our alpha, left the hall.

Extras: Art above ^, of Reidar and Loke. Also him and Ecko + siblings

Armour concept: Regular design --- Drained (element) version

Fun facts:
- It was while under the influence of Loke and command of Arknon that he developed his ability to teleport and leave stationary copies of himself behind. Once back on the home grounds he kept practicing with a trainer, continuing his distractor training and unlocking more of his elements powers until he could have his copies stay in the motion which they where left in.
- He once made the mistake of practicing on a field, now days he makes sure to practice in front of wall of stone or a row of mountains. Sending away copies of himself to rush across a field without end can get pretty scary for anyone out on a calm stroll.
- With age he has better control over his element and can either leave his copies to disappear on their own, by hitting an object or lion or make them dissolve on his own.
- He has poor eye vision (in his right eye), he got dust thrown into his eye during training, (not the regular kind of dust, mind you, this lion had sand for their element and knew just how to make it sting like a bite.) Another lion ’cheated’ during a tournament by trying to blind him with sand, no body helped him out because they wanted him to loose, since after all, he is ’the disrupted traitor’.

Note: All photos used in this form where taken by me and all of the artwork was drawn by me, except for the official L.o.C lineart ofcourse.
I wanna thank Mortikat for allowing me to use Loke and Rys. Also, starry-knight for allowing me to use Arknon (and Ethereal). And ofcourse, thanks to Pengu. for allowing me to use Pandora~ (I didn’t ask about Romulus, since he has no owner, for all I know..)
Last edited by Pety on Fri May 13, 2016 4:17 am, edited 9 times in total.
Pety

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rohan. » Wed May 04, 2016 3:32 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
╔═xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx═╗
xxx»username; Rohan
xxx»l.o.c. name; Syrasvani
xxx»l.o.c. nicknames; Vanni
xxx»l.o.c. gender; Female
xxx»l.o.c. element; Sound
xxx»other l.o.c.; Ciri + Keres
╚═xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx═╝
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔═xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx═╗
Easy Going .:|:. Gentle .:|:. Loyal .:|:. Charming .:|:. Determined .:|:. Short-tempered .:|:. Cold when Provoked
»
    Vanni is an easy gal to get along with. By nature, shes gentle-hearted and warm, easy to get along with and loyal above all else. From her mother she inherited her quiet, introverted view on the world, though not by force of disibility, but rather choice. From her father, her determination and charm, not to mention her gift of the element Sound. From both, shes fiercely protective of those she cares for, to the point where she will lose her temper and kindheartedness if she or her loved ones are harmed, taken advantage of, or trodden upon. However, She dislikes having to treat others this way, and will move past this if the antagonist is willing as well.
╚═xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx═╝

»the meaning behind the name;
    Syrasvani is a derivative from the Hindu Goddess Sarasvati. I editted the name slightly as the personality and portrayal of the lion wont be a kin to the goddess and thus to avoid offending anyone of the Hindu faith.
    "Sarasvati (also Saraswati) is the Hindu goddess of learning, wisdom, music, and aesthetics. She is also known as Bharati (eloquence), Shatarupa (existence), Vedamata ('mother of the Vedas'), Brahmi, Sarada, Vagisvari, and Putkari. As Vac, she is the goddess of speech" -X

I originally chose the likeliness to the goddess because she was a god of music and i loved the sound of the name. After more research, she quickly became a sort of inspiration. Aylin and Ecko both have had such rough back stories, I adored the idea of a cub that learned of these and with the element given to her, accommodated her parents as well as she could to assure that they wouldnt have to suffer because of these around her. In Aylin's case, it was her hearing. In Ecko's, it was the nightmare that haunted him about cubs(from his origin story owo). For both, Vani loves them dearly and tries hard to ensure they know it.

x
x

------------------------------------------ «« When words leave off, music begins1 »» ------------------------------------------

x
x

»future rank desired;
    "Trainers and Cub Educators are in charge of teaching newly developing cubs how to use and control their gifts. They help mold each and every lion to reach their truest potential and give them the biggest opportunity to get the role in the pride they want. "

As a teacher, shed use her element as a way to guide the youngsters, helping them learn how to fight paw to paw, as well as against a ranged enemy that uses an invisible element. She'd be able to hone in with the tracker cubs by aiding them with their hearing and sound tracking skills. Not to mention, when a cub gets frustrated with the work, the element of sound would allow her to soothe the angry youngster into a more relaxed state to talk out the frustrations and work on finding a better way for them to learn.
    When she has free time, she would admittedly be one to sneak off to the healers den to sing to those hurt and stuck waiting for wounds to heal, calming them and lolling them to an easier sleep, or just giving them a show to distract them.

--------------------------- «« When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful2 »»---------------------------

»relationships+story;
    With Aylin;;
      Vani adores her mother dearly. Vani is forever grateful to have inherited her element that allows her to have conversations with her mother, in a way that her siblings won’t quite be able to reproduce. As a cub, Vani’s favorite game was playing with the light halo or the images that Aylin could create with the light around them in the cave. Vani grew close with her mother through their games and talks, especially after Ecko taught her how to be heard by Aylin, Aylin became a sort of confidant and Vani could tell her anything. To Vani, Aylin is her mother first and foremost, then a confidante and a lion she looks up to.
      »»Vani didn’t understand at first. She would try talking to Aylin, her words tumbling quick when she grew to excited, almost to quick to read for Aylin. Ecko could see it clear as day, the sadness cross Aylins face as her tail slowly falls, her eyes falling as she gives up the struggle to read their daughters words from her lips. He can hear her sigh, her fragile words. He surged forward, explaining quickly to Vani more about Aylin’s disability. He could see the question pass her eyes before she could voice it. ‘Teach me how to talk to her?’ “We’ll work on it.”
      Aylin’s eyes met his after Vani had wandered off to play with her brothers, and he led her to their den, his voice quietly reassuring her. Vani would learn to be able to communicate, but it would be a surprise for Aylin. It would do her good, especially as his heart broke at her words; “Ill never hear them. Never know their voices.” This would be very good for her.
      The pair worked for days, Vani practicing on her siblings, on Ecko, trying to raise her voice or silence it. There were a few days Vani accidentally put a sound barrier around her, experiencing Aylins disability firsthand as Ecko worked to calm the cub enough to remove it.
      Finally, Ecko nudged her towards Aylin, watching from a far with his ears angled towards them. Vani struggled at first, testing different octaves and frequencies before Aylins ears shot up. Pride filled his veins as the two surged together, Aylin was shocked speechless her voice trembling as she pulled Vani towards her. Vani giggled at the embrace, her words going a mile a minute as she poured her love to Aylin.
      Ecko sat back on his haunches, a smile across his face.

With Ecko;; Vani had a hard time relating to her father at first. She could see slight hesitation in his eyes for as long as she could remember, especially when looking her way. Despite this, he tried his hardest to be nurturing towards them. For a long while, she avoided him because of this, thinking he just favored the others over her. However, after she discovered her element and other instances, the father daughter pair bonded. Ecko and Vani have now secured a strong bond with each other that survives from cubhood to her adult life. Vani looks at Ecko as her strong mentor, trust-worthy friend, and above all, her father.
    »»I remember the night had settled over the pride hours ago, but for the life of me, I could not sleep. I had tossed and turned all night, twisting once again to find comfort, stretching my legs out with a groan. Pandora and the others all lay curled together close to the caverns openings, the cool breeze rippling their fur as it flowed in and out. I sighed, jealous of their restfulness, looking out into the night. It’s still another day at least until Aylin returned from her tracking mission. Aylin could always/ help me into sleep.
    Another yawn, as I roll over again, head lolling against the cold ground. I had almost tried for sleep again when papas eyes caught mine. I remember freezing, anxiety freezing my blood at the look he had. Slowly, I lifted my head to look at him, ears falling as his gaze didn’t change.
    “Papa?” I whispered. But nothing happened… I tried against, this time crawling towards him, his gaze unbreaking in its trance. Only at the touch, he seemed to awaken; a deep gasp filled the air as he scrambled to his paws, breath shaking as though he’d be drowning.
    After he calmed, low conversation between the two revealed much about Ecko’s rebirth from the lake, his worry about her showing signs of sharing his element, small mentions of his nightmares about cubs from the lake. The conversation also calmed Vani’s insecurity about his view on her. After talking for a while longer, the two lions fell asleep curled close.
    It was later that day that Ecko started teaching her about the element we shared. He showed me everything from attacks to manipulation of sound to quiet voices or raise those using soundwaves.

With Inna;; As she grows older and is initiated by the cub into their training programs, she branches out and meets many new lions. One of these lions is Inna, the soft spoken trainer. Vani and Inna are fast friends as she grows older, especially when she joins him in the ranks of being a trainer. Once she’d graduated into a rank instead of being a student of his, he truly opened up to her and Vani clicked with Inna’s quick wit and easy humor. She was used to his moods and introversion, and had no problem going with the flow of his moods. When his mood falls and his mutism returns, she’s not a problem falling into his silence comfortably, or filling the air with soft words or song to ease his nerves.

With Keres;; Keres is easily one of the first lions that Vani has ran into that is impossible to get along with. She’s not entirely sure why, perhaps just a confrontation of personalities, or perhaps its how they met. Either way, Keres has never shown Vani anything but irritability and hostility, despite attempts to fix the issues they may or may not have with one another. Once it may have bothered Vani endlessly, but after years of enduring the cold lioness’ hostility, the females hold no love for one another with no appearance of change.

With Pandora;; While the siblings all stayed relatively close, Pandora and Vani are at odds with one another most of the time. Pandora's outgoing and almost explosive nature versus Vani's more conflict avoidant and easygoing personality, it leads to the two not finding much in common and having a difficult time communicating at times. I could even see some bitterness stemming from jealousy between the two- especially Vani due to Pandora's lack of fear in expressing herself regardless of consequences and even less at conflict.Perhaps even a little in Pandora because Vani was at ease when developing deeper connections with their parents due to her element drawing Vani closer to their parents.
    However, despite the differences the girls have, they both share a fiercely protective nature-even if they have different ways of showing it. It would seem that in a pinch, either of the girls would be there for one another to stand up and defend the other, or any of their loved ones, from attacks, both physical and verbal.

»extras+art;

Sourcing wrote:
    Sarasvati information - X
    Quotes;
    1-Heinrich Heine
    2 - Malala Yousafzai

Last edited by Rohan. on Thu May 12, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Rohan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Wed May 04, 2016 4:59 pm

end date for this comp shall be extended a few extra days due to lack of complete forms.
Hope this helps those who are still interested in applying, and allows those who hide their forms to keep them hidden until the very end!

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rohan. » Sun May 08, 2016 5:12 am

starry-knight wrote:
end date for this comp shall be extended a few extra days due to lack of complete forms.
Hope this helps those who are still interested in applying, and allows those who hide their forms to keep them hidden until the very end!

Thanks for the extension, Starry!! When should we expect the contest to be closing?
Rohan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Mon May 09, 2016 5:19 am

I am thinking May 10th-15th

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nome senpai » Mon May 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Dropping out, I have no chance.
Last edited by nome senpai on Fri May 13, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slowly getting back into the swing of things!!
Image Image Image
~ Come Join us as an Artist ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Fri May 13, 2016 7:27 am

alrighty guys, you all have 3 days to finish your forms!

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Sun May 15, 2016 6:54 am

don't forget the story part of your forms! i see some are missing!
Would hate for someone to be disqualified for that </3

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist