Re: Kalon #1079 - Creature Feature

Postby Peachpie1164 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Username - - Peachpie1164
Name - - Edger Kearne.
Gender - - Male
What are they afraid of? --
Edger is TERRIFIED of pastels. It may seem petty of him to despise an entire range of colours but he can't stand them to the point where they scare him. The idea that a colour is "soft" and "sweet" and "unicorn" just makes him want to curl up and cry. Why can't all colours remain dark and dreary? How are the capable of being so sickly sweet? These are questions he constantly asks himself as he avoids the sickly sweetness of them. He originally simply disliked pastel's, but his constant avoidance and undying hatred grew into fear.
Edger can't even look at his hair for long without feeling a very uncomfortable, unfortunately he hates the scent of hair dye so instead avoids mirrors.

After people have gotten to know Edger they get into the habit of leaving pastel items around their houses to avoid getting pranked and scared. People have started using pastels to prank him in return for whenever he does to them. Once a friend told him there were going to watch a new and "delightful" horror movie, but instead played The Care Bear's Movie, which resulted in Edger running for his life.

Extra --
I wasn't sure what the shine looked like from like a top angle so apologies if it's wrong T_TImage
Last edited by Peachpie1164 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hello~ I'm Peachpie1164~
Feel free to call me, Peach/y, Tao,
or anything else. My PM's are
always open and I'm always up for
a chat~
Peachpie1164

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchcrafting » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Username wrote:daмaged
Basics wrote:Name ;; Jarrett Koen
Gender ;; Male

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is scary? And why, when many of us bear witness to real horror, do we find the macabre and the terrifying so entertaining? Why do we fear when it's just a feeling for most of us?

The only thing I fear.. Is fear itself. That's the only thing we have to fear. When you fear something, it's but a feeling.

Every day we suffer a handful of private defeats by compromising or avoiding opportunities so that we can avoid feeling fear.

Just the idea of fear is awful enough to cause us to avoid any situation that could cause us to feel it. We are afraid of sharks so we don’t even look at the beach; after all, we know what’s past the beach – the water, where the sharks are.

I’m not talking about avoiding sharks; I’m talking about avoiding the idea of sharks.

As we accept our feeling of fear, the fear does not last as long. Fear is an embodiment of our ancient fight-or-flight response. The adrenaline is released from our adrenal glands and heightens ones ability to physically react.

Fear is but a feeling, and is merely the result of projecting your negative thoughts of something catastrophic happening into the future. it is indeed a very powerful feeling full of dread and disastrous expectations, but it is only a feeling nonetheless. It can’t hurt you unless you allow it to. If you are paralysed by fear and are avoiding doing something you desperately want to do.

I visualise my fear; I picture the feeling. I see the black tendrils that threaten to pull me into an endless void; taking away what voice I have to call out.

The fear that used to keep us safe is now our worst enemy.

Over our evolution, we have learned to associate the feeling of discomfort or fear with being unsafe. There are plenty of things that will not put you in danger but will make you uncomfortable, like dancing, or speaking in front of a room full of people, or sharing an idea at work that will make a positive difference for your audience.

Our fear leads us to wrong conclusions about what threatens us, which leads us to poor behaviour.

If you've noticed... Our world is based on fear. Think about that. And realise why the thing I fear most is fear."
Last edited by witchcrafting on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
• George • He/They • Funnee Block Men Enjoyer
TH

witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiniferal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Username - - Lucid Dreams
Name - - Xalabo (Zal uh bu)
Gender - - agender
What are they afraid of? -- This Kalon fears love and trust, because they are too smart for their own good. They know their friends and family will go sooner or later and they will lie to protect Xalobo. Xalabo doesn't want anyone to care for them or to care about anyone, because they have sensitive feelings and do not want to experience heartbreak.
hey
spiniferal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby durden. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Username - - la-baguette
Name - - Napoleon
Gender - - Male
What are they afraid of? -- They have spectrophobia, meaning that they are afraid of mirrors. More specifically, mirrors in haunted locations. Since you are supposedly able to contact the dead through mirrors, he decided to try it out. Ever since he did that, Napoleon has always seen a dark figure manifest in the reflection, behind him. When he'd turn around to see what it was, there was absolutely nothing there. Mirrors are also able to capture events that happen in front of them. So he is nervous to glance into one and see a flash image of something that happened in the past. Because of these circumstances, Napoleon vowed that he would never look into a mirror again, fearing that the dark figure will come after him. (oh my, why am i relating to this fella so much?)

eep, this is my first time trying out, good luck to all <3!
Last edited by durden. on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megan • she/her • illustration student • new wave enjoyer and antique store enthusiast

ImageImageImage
durden.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Username - - lucas. || Name - - dorjan || Gender - - male

What are they afraid of? -- dorjan is afraid of hearing his own voice. ever since he was able to 'talk', he never wanted to. he was mute by choice, solely because he was terrified of how he sounded himself. he didn't want to know how he sounded. this is a major problem for him, because due to him being mute by choice, he doesn't happen to have many friends. every kalon who ever tried to communicate with him gave up, since he never bothered to talk back. they never knew why though, and it seemed strange. he's made his own ways of communicating to his family, but otherwise, nobody knows what he is trying to say. he never wants to hear his own voice. if he ever accidentally says something, which is very unlikely, he'd probably shrivel up in place and not know what to do. there has been times where other kalons have tried to get him to talk, but it was always unsuccessful. it is true, he doesn't know how he sounds, but he's just terrified by the thought of ever talking and hearing his own voice.

/// extra, extra !!

everytime dorjan writes in his journal. he observes people and sometimes makes stories about one thing that they do. he thinks it's pretty fun, making up stories about random people who pass by, who he has no idea who they are. it's one of his favorite, and only things to do, since he doesn't make many friends. writing has always been a fun pass time of his. his imagination had always been great and he loved to picture what people he saw crossing the streets were like. he never has any intentions to become famous, as much as it would be nice, he just does it for fun. and, as stated previously, to pass time, basically.

some people might think that dorjan communicates with his family doing sign language, and if that's the case, you're wrong. maybe it is a "sign language" but not the official one, since he refused to even try and learn sign language. he isn't a big fan of many other kalons, and it's not that he's afraid of them, thinking that they'll judge him, due to his fear, it's mainly because he just likes being alone more than anything. his family are the only people that know how he talks properly. he can hear just fine, so they'll just talk to him, and he will make motions with his paws that signify what he is saying, however it's completely different than sign language. he even had to draw his family some pictures to show them what he tries saying half the time.

the most common sign that dorjan uses is when he waves his paw really quickly at someone. it doesn't mean "hello" or "goodbye"; it means "leave me alone." more than anything, he likes being alone, and doesn't communicate with his family that often either unless they keep disturbing him, to where he will wave his paw rapidly at them, like a beg for them to just leave. all he wants is some peace and quiet which he never seems to ever receive.

dorjan may not know what his real voice sounds like, and he will never ever want to, however he still has the voices in his head. the little ones, you know, the ones that tell you all these bad things about you. how awful of a kalon (or human being) you are. and of course, just his thoughts. his thoughts that lead everywhere yet nowhere at the same time. it's weird for him to have the little voices in his head, but what could he do without them? he wouldn't be able to think about what to do nor would he have the capability to ever be able to write, seeing as he wouldn't be very imaginative. he knows that it isn't his real voice, it's just like someone else is talking and not quite him, so it doesn't phase him as much. however, it still gives him the creeps.

/// extra, extra !! [this is a piece of dorjan's writing]

please.

she stands there, as beautiful as ever.
    her gorgeous raven hair blowing in the wind,
    she's on the phone,
    near tears,
    struggling to figure out what went wrong.

she hangs up quick,
    her tears reach the ground,
    faster than she thought they could.

she dropped to her knees,
    looking up into a sky and praying,
    she didn't like doing this in public,
    knowing everyone around could see her,
    but she couldn't help it.

'please,' she'd scream at the top of her lungs,
    'please..' her voice would get quieter and quieter,
    as if she's already given up.
    'please...'
Last edited by lucas. on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
lucas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Username - -
Name - -
Gender - -
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlive or die trying.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx┌────────────────┐

haleigh [ she/her ] / north carolina / adult

ravenclaw / dog groomer / writer / explorer

links !
my kalons
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx└────────────────┘
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kalcifer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Username - - _Konata_
Name - - Horrie
Gender - - Female
What are they afraid of? -- Getting backstabbed.
kalcifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _silentsiren_ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Username - - _silentsiren_
Name - - Hyde
Gender - - Male
What are they afraid of? -- Fire - Hyde is absolutely terrified of pyrotechnics, and refused to use them him in his shows for this reason.

res with tragic backstory of course

╔══════════════╗
.cat - they/she/he - parent.
╚══════════════╝
about me:
° horror movie enthusiast!
° digital artist
° garfield enjoyer
° comfy clothes > anything else
╔══════════════╗
|ask me about anything i like
╚══════════════╝
° collecting stickers/trinkets
° death note
° dead by daylight
° the walking dead !!!
° EVIL DEAD !!
╔══════════════╗
. _silentsiren_ on discord !!!
╚══════════════╝

[ to-do ] [ request a comm ]
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
▌║
_silentsiren_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby credit » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Username - -
Credit
Name - -
Caspian Horron
Gender - -
Non- binary

"What I'm most afraid of? You're asking me, what I'm most afraid of?!" They break into a sudden laughter, slowly it begins to fade once again. The room seemed to go completely silent, except for the echoing sound of a water droplet hitting the floor. "The think I'm most afraid of is what I have become..."

There was once a time when Caspian was considered a normal being. They grew up like any other kalon would, with loving parents a rood above their head, and much much more, but what caused this sweet kal to turn sour? The thought of extreme power to hold within their paw. During his juvenile years of wandering Caspian stumbled upon an old run down circus laboratory deep within the wood . It was rather tattered and crumpling with age.The stones were coated with moss and wines, enough to keep any sane person away fro the building, but there was a certain draw, pulling in the young kalon and nothing was convincing them otherwise.

It all went downhill from there. There was a dark and raspy voice dwelling within the empty room of the lab. A dark figure hid in the shadows with its hazel eyes glowing in the gim moonlight. It spoke of an ultimate power that could be granted to the young one. Power that could help better society, all Caspian had to do was sit back on the examination table, and let the voice work its magic. As it was a personal goal of theirs to make society better for all, they were easily persuaded by the words spoken, so they complied and followed their instruction. Once on the table sparks whizzed around the kal and their agonizing scream echoed throughout the building. They felt themselves change, as if their DNA was rearranging, they were becoming a monster. A monster who craved power.

The first time Caspian went into the public to pursue his society change goal, was also the first time they had seem themselves since they were tested on. They trudged through the wood until they stumbled upon a small town. The growled with hunger as they entered. They stood at the front of the town demanding for all the listen to the words they were about to speak, but they were only met with screams of terror. They were rather confused as to why they were greeted in such a manor, and they turned to find the nearest mirror. Caspian got a good glimpse of what he was looking for, and he feared his own reflection. "W-What happened to me..", they said as the towns people began to pelt them with various objects. They ran out as fast as they could, back to the only area that would accept them, the wood and that's where they've stayed ever since.

"All I wanted was power...but now I know the truth behind those with power. It changes them in more ways than one. I was fortunate to keep my sanity...but I can never be who I once was... I can only accept who I am now, accept the thing I fear most. Myself."

Writing Extra--

Journal 1 wrote:" I found myself sitting within this dark cave I call my new home...It's best if I just keep myself hidden from the world. It's probably the best to avoid society from now on-"
Caspian's thoughts were interrupted by a sudden shift in movement with the cave, although, it wasn't them that was moving. Something, or someone, was within the area as well. It had been storming for most of the afternoon, which made it quite understandable why some small creature would want to take shelter.
Caspian looked up from his rock slab, and glanced towards the entrance, "H-Hello there? May I ask who, or what has entered?..". There was no answer, only heavy heaving. There was a flash of lightning that burst behind the intruder, revealing the rather large figure that stood before him.

"C-Cora..." said the trespasser with their low voice. Lightning struck once again to reveal their face.Their sogging fur around their muzzle wasn't enough to hide the teeth they proudly show. Caspian's eyes stared in amazement as the other kalon began to speak once more. "I-I...Don't mean a-any harm...". "No,
no it's alright, please..come in further. I understand the weather isn't exactly favorable"
they said rather jokingly, trying to make the situation a little less awkward. Afraid of judgement they started sinking into the darkness as Cora approached and it was certain that they took note upon Caspain's movement. They froze. "N-No need to back away...I cannot j-judge you..."they said as they sat after shaking the rain from their heavy fur. Caspian's ears raised as they tilted their head to the side, slowly approaching near. "Are you sure you won't be afraid? My face is quite s-something to fear."
Cora's head turned from side to side. "If you can handle the look upon my face...I can s-surely handle yours."

This was the first time Caspain had ever felt the feeling of acceptance since his incident with the towns people. "S-So you're not afraid of me? Caspain said as he entered the light. Cora merely opened his eyes as they attempted to smile."One c-cannot...accept others w-without accepting t-themselves...". Caspian's eyes widened as they took in the words spoken by the one before them. "S-Self a-acceptance?". They looked down within the puddle at their paws, taking in their appearance. This was the first step out of much more to come before Caspian could completely forget their regrets of their past mistake. A mistake they'll live with forever.

Last edited by credit on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
credit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Username - - save seedcakes
Name - - dartrex zincalz