Re: Kalon #433

Postby Pepperikorn » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Name: Rain
What do they do when the weather is horrible?
Rain has an odd habit of venturing out in the wild weather. Whenever it is raining cats and dogs, or when the winds are furiously blowing or even when the lightning storms invades the sky, he would collect his gear and head outside.
His neighbors think he's crazy and to be honest, Rain thinks so too. However he's too determined to give up now. Not after five years of searching. 'Searching for what?' you might ponder. Ask him and he'll reply, 'Obviously fairies!' Those who heard this would give him a weird look and leave. By the way he's not just looking for any fairies. He's looking for specific one -The storm fairies. 'They are the ones that come out in the storm or something similar' Rain explains to the few that stayed to listen.
In hopes of finding one and asking it to be his friend, Rain risks the dangers of madly travelling outside in heavy rain.
Extra:
Have a wonderful day :)
======================
Note:
My username used to be P3PP3R_c0rn
(Changed on 2/Nov)
<DA><oldTH><NewTH>
======================
Image Image
Pepperikorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby king city » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:27 pm

Name:
Devin

Although Devin agrees with the popular opinion that horrible weather is pounding thunder, blinding lightning and rhythmic rain, the weather makes Devin feel alive more so than melancholy or contemplative. When the weather is dreary Dev takes to the water with his trusty paddle, Blue Colorado, and his beat up GoPro. Devin is a professional kayaker and playboater, often traveling for days in his bus to go to competitions or just follow his dream and kayak the waters of America and hopefully the world. When the rain becomes slanted and so thick you can hardly see is when Dev takes the the rushing rivers, loving the thrill and fear paddling through rain, storms, or the occasional hail. His friends will often never accompany him on his stormy adventures, warning him that some day he won't com back, but Devin loves them all the same. Although Devin loves to watch the majesty of storms, he loves it even more to fight nature head to head down a rushing river, usually with nothing more than helmet and a life jacket for protection.

Extra:
goof boio best mom horns
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
your local spook
gotta spiffy this up later mhm

↳ adrien ↳ libra ↳ weeps
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
king city

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruse » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:27 pm

name: jonathan johnny boy-o
    what do they do when the weather is horrible? tbh this guy just dances in his mom's living room and performs his guts out?? he rlly aspires to be a dancer dude and go on broadway (he takes inspiration from rachel berry ngl)
    extra: (writing, a poem that doesn't rhyme; a prose poem)
    he is dancing & dancing and singing, bright & loud & clear and only the thunder can / deafen his song / he's hitting the notes and climbing the stairs to falsetto, his voice is on a tightline but he's not afraid to fall, / bruised knees & weak legs and / pain tolerance running high / the boy is aiming to cradle the clouds with both hands, / ready to kiss the sun goodbye as he becomes a new constellation in the night sky / he has dreams, they say, and they're too high / but the boy, he's not afraid / to fall.
ruse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Name: Solomon
What do they do when the weather is horrible? They get to work. Solomon is a pirate by trade and a captain by nature and a storm is the best cover for a raid anyone can imagine. He was born and raised on a ship and he's more at home with his feet braced on a slippery deck than he is with his toes curled up in the grass. He finds exhilaration in storms, in losing control of his ship and giving her over to the sea's tender ministrations; during particularly bad monsoons he can reliably be found hanging at the top of the mast and screaming for the ocean to "try harder, lassie!"

When hurricane season is upon them Solomon is at his luckiest. It is during storms that he can most safely beach his ship and unload his crew; it is during storms that guards huddle beneath the eaves of their castles rather than brave their posts. Storms give Solomon the cover to do his job that nice days do not, and a storm brewing in the night always unsettles the locals. There's a myth about him these days and he's overheard it in taverns a couple of times now, but he always laughs it away when his crew jests about it. Solomon finds peace in his work and he overlooks the legends growing at his feet; he's more concerned about the ending days of monsoon season and if he's got the time and charisma to convince his crew to take on one more country, one more castle. A man like Solomon doesn't have time for stories, but that doesn't mean they aren't told.
[276/300]

Extra:
"Have you all heard the one about the Stormrider?"

A ginger at the bar snorts and leans farther into his drink. "Everyone has," he says darkly. "It's baloney, mate."

"It's not," the first says. "It's true. I seen him for myself."

The men at the bar quiet. Reluctantly they turn as one to look closer at the speaker, a man wearing a cloak slackened around his neck and still damp from the rain. It's monsoon season and the storms this year have been particularly fierce. Castle Rockwall still feels the ache of its emptied treasury.

"Where?" One asks finally, suspiciously.

"On the water," the cloaked man says. "And they do what he says."

"No man can control the sea," the ginger snaps. "I don't believe it. He may be talented but he ain't no god. He's just a pirate."

The man frowns. His hair drips blackly down his face. "I've never seen someone cut through a storm like his ship did," he says. "It was as if he was speaking to her. Like she was doing her best to get him safe to shore."

They all exchange looks, unsettled by this story. They've heard the tales before, each of them, but not to this extent; just vague murmurings about a ship cast from black wood that's crowned with a flag the color of war. No one has seen this ship reliably, no military people or government officials; it's all gossip traded on barstools and over cigarettes. It's all just a story.

But... "What color was his flag?" The redhead asks, mouth twisted into a reluctant smile, and the hooded man smirks.

That night the men go home to their wives, their families, their friends, and tell the story themselves. It grows in its retellings; the pirate captain actually is speaking with his ship, and she's speaking to him too. Solomon has a thick black beard and exhales smoke when he breathes. It's said that when his boots touch the sand it hisses and turns to glass.

Solomon, three countries over and with his hair darkened to disguise it's sterling color, nurses a drink at a bar. A man a seat down from him whispers dangerous lies about a pirate king who can control the sea. His friend listens raptly; Solomon closes his eyes and hides a smile against the rim of his glass. He will not hear the end of this from his crew, he knows, and yet he listens anyway; there's something incredibly satisfying in the stories that turn him into a god.

When he gets back to the ship he orders his quartermaster to his chambers. "Paint a skull on the flag," he says loudly, and at the man's bewildered look, grins. "Someone said we had one. I rather like the idea myself."

The morning dawns grey and a storm sulks miles over the horizon. Solomon stands on his deck and looks up at his flag, snapping in the breeze, the skull contorting into laughter with each pull.
[500/500]
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mimikkyuu » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:32 am

Name: Salem + Gender: Male

On a rainy, rainy, rainy day
Like an April Sunday
You can hear Salem sing a tune
Clearing away the storm's hazy gloom

With lithe little fingers on a piano
He plays a ragtag soprano
On the very rightmost end
Of his ragged piano

As the raindrops twinkle on
By the foggy window
Candles, lit, burn along
By the cold white windowsill

This is no ritual, see
Salem just gets an epiphany
When he smells that sweet sweet scent
During a heavy storm's descent
He makes his home warm through and through
To take away all that dark and dreary blue!

Extra:

mimikkyuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #433 - winners!!

Postby manta rae » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:29 am

well there were a lot of nice forms out there, but let's get straight on it!

the winner of this kalon is iBrevity!!
    i love the concept you have for Solomon, and the little story was interesting
    to read n v n

i'd like to give an RU to king city and no
    please pm me with a palette to use !! the only thing is, im afraid you'll have to
    wait a bit over 2 weeks for me to make them, as i won't have my laptop for a
    while :'0

and hms go to BeckyScribbles, Loading..., ~Soul~ and Яapscallion

if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all please !!
no longer active, please check out my other social medias tho !! <3
art by Violenca
instagram
manta rae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orbiting » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:59 am

Ahh thank you for the HM! Congratulations to iBrevity and the RU winners!~

not on here much anymore but to reminisce,
if we've ever interacted in the slightest, thank you for kind memories,
i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:08 am

aaaah thank you so much, I'm absolutely ecstatic !!! congratz to king city and no as well, I can't wait to see your RUs <3 and congratulations to those who received HMs!

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me