My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cause I'm over-sympathetic

Postby hypnowave » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:35 pm

Name: Gethsemane (Geth-Se-ma-nee) or "Nee"
    Personality: Having been blind her whole life, Gethsemane never quite needed to adjust to accepting the fact that she would be blind forever. As such, she's not only at peace with missing out on light or colors, but she also makes crude jokes about it, such as "listen, I've got cotton in my ears, I can't see crap" or sarcastically remarking about how pretty the sunlight is. Similarly, she's grown used to the fact that her appearance could come off as intimidating to other boas. Unable to really take care of her own appearance, she judges it by how uncomfortable the tangles in her fur are, how long her claws have to be before they begin to bother her, and how itchy her hair gets before she needs to wash it. This has led her to become a very independent boa, especially since her hearing allows her to get around pretty easily. She simply doesn't need to care about others nagging on and on about a knot in her fur if it doesn't bother her. And yet, she isn't fully content with being alone.

Though she has her personal issues, Gethsemane tries her hardest to be a good person. As it is, her situation has actually led to her becoming a much more humble and down-to-earth individual. Of course, this did not come easily. In her childhood, she had been prepared to face comments about her looks or her blindness, but... she despised when people insisted on helping her. She remembered sensing others reaching out to help her, along with remarks of "Careful, you'll fall!" or "Let me help you with that." She almost preferred snickering comments about her crooked teeth and ears over sympathy. Besides, her hearing made it almost impossible to escape those hushed remarks. Growing up, she needed to grow accustomed to recognizing the good will in others and that they didn't mean to undermine her in any way. Though she has since grown used to it, back then it was the ignition key to many bleak breakdowns.

Aside from all things related to her blindness, Gethsemane is deeply forgiving and patient. Unfortunately, she often second guesses her own kindness. She often wonders if she purposefully acts kind in order to fuel her own social ratings, considering she doesn't really have much else going for her. She believes that if kindness can win some people over, then she wouldn't have to worry as much - she wants to be known for her golden heart, which sometimes leads to people taking advantage of her. She often needs comfort from her most trusted individuals to tell her that her attempts at being nice come from a good place, as well as the fact that she needs to stand up for herself more.

Gethsemane's biggest flaw that she isn't aware of yet is that she still feels like a main character at times. She considers herself to be an individual that people always think of. While it is true that she has a striking appearance that might capture someone's attention for a good ten seconds, she has trouble realizing that from that point on, she isn't someone that important. It usually worries her in terms of how to act and how to get rid of embarrassment.

Extra(s):
    a. Home
    Though young, she quite well embodies the "old, evil witch" trope, appearance-wise. Where she lives simply pushes that narrative even further. Her blindness means that she lives in a permanently dark residence; a small opening in a cave leads to her favorite rug, her bottle collection and a small pool of clear water for her to drink and bathe in. The bottle collection is really the only thing she finds important - she can allow hours to pass simply by playing music with them. She fills them with certain amounts of water and finds ways to make them vibrate with sound, such as passing over them with her tail or blowing on their necks. She finds it to be a very calming hobby. Sometimes, she allows moss and plant sprouts to grow inside the bottles - she also enjoys the enriching feeling of wet moss under her paw pads.

b. Job
    In a more "anthro / humanized" setting, Nee lives in a small apartment complex. Again, she has no need for lights due to her blindness, allowing her to save a lot of money that could have gone into electricity bills. However, she still has to eat, and in order for that to become possible, she resorts to music - and she doesn't limit herself. The fact that she writes her own music and is working on getting a contract doesn't stop her from still playing in the streets ever so often. It's amazing what sitting in one place and playing a tune can do.

In regards to her music, it's usually very poetic - her "style" also has some telltale traits to it. For example, Gethemane has a vocabulary borrowed from many books on religious history, ancient wars and conflict, and high fantasy novels. This leads to two key characteristics in her songs: firstly, she tends to use archaic wording and allows her emotions to pool in the form of enchanting tongues. Secondly, she will sing in a somewhat robotic, flat tone - it's thanks to the fact that she reads books using a text to speech program. She takes pride in how unorthodox her music is.

c. Theme song
    Gethsemane by Dry The River

d. Art
    both by me

Image Image
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Feather Boa #19 (CLOSED FOR JUDGING)

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:44 pm

This is now closed!
I'll judge this as soon as possible ;v;-b
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Feather Boa #19 (WINNERS)

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:23 am

ALRIGHTY DIGHTY!!
I reread everyone's forms at least two or three times over, to ensure what character stuck with me the best.
The winner of this Boa is:

guzma.!!

Every single time I reread your form, or over the others, Hedwyn's personality just stuck with me! I absolutely adore how he doesn't care what he looks like, because he can't see what he looks like. His subtly pompous, almost arrogant personality just gives him this charm that I absolutely adore about him, and I want to seem him be a carefree, energetic dork in the community!

I'd also like to award a runnerup to:
Evils!!
I just realized that this is the second form of yours that I've liked a lot in a row, dude. You can't try out for any that I post this month, okay? xD

Florin is such a mess of a character, but I love him! He's rude, weird, and eccentric, but he's only like that because of his ego and past mistakes because of it. Your interesting story brought to life just how desperate he was to be more beautiful than any Boa ever was, and that lust, envy, and greed led to his ultimate downfall. I love that he's become more kind after his downfall; he seems to have had a nice long time to think about his actions and desires.

---

I would like to give an honorable mention to booklover789 for the immense amount of effort they put into their form!
I was so close to choosing your's as a runner-up, but the the ways that echolocation were portrayed in your story, along with the secret double life as a bad guy at night really threw me off. I loved his mean and sassy attitude, but there didn't seem to be any redeeming qualities to him after his mass vandalism and destruction in town, and I just felt myself losing connection with him.

---

Thank you everyone for joining!!! ;v;~<333
I wish you all the best of luck in future competitions!!!
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Feather Boa #19

Postby booklover789 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 am

Congrats to the winners.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:55 am

congrats to you both! guzma., you can have my art as long as you credit me (avicarious on dA and kebba on toyhouse) nvn
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby susie. » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 am

LAENFKJFLKENF:KAENFLKN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THANK YOOOOUUUUUU I LOVE HIIIM HEDWYNNNNN MY SWEET CHILD
yo.
adult user|artist
she/her
🪓
susie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:22 am

Congrats guzma!!! OWO <33
OOOOE! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I love Florin so much <333 I am so excited to get to further develop his past and present! I also can't wait to develop his relationship more with his deer friend ;W; He's trying to become a kinder person after seeing his mistakes
Ahhh my prince! <3
I can't wait to see him! QAQ<33333
AAA! I'll be sure to take a break from trying out for so many! ;O;-b I won't try out for any this month <3 Your designs arejustsoprecious
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:38 am

YO!
I know that this is VERY late, but I'd like to award booklover789 15 nanabucks!
I've been thinking about how long and intricate your form was ever since I judged this back in November, and I really wished that I could have given you something for your hard work. At that time, I didn't know that nanabucks could be handed out as a reward; now I do, and I'd like to give 15 to you ;v;~<33
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 pm

AAAAAAH. Thank you so much, KarKat! I really appreciate your kindness in giving me Nanabucks! :D
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups