Re: komo #164 red string of fate

Postby Rabid_Jaguar » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:49 am

username: Rabid_Jaguar
name: Val
gender/pronouns: male, he/him
who holds the other end of the string: Quasar! The two of them met when Quasar was working on their first short film, Airlock and Key, a sci-fi romance. Val was cast as the spaceship's AI, a voice-only side role, but Quasar took notice of how enjoyable it was working with him, and they invited him to collaborate on their next project.

What started as a formal partnership quickly blossomed into a close friendship. Val adored hearing Quasar's ideas about the effects of cinematography, musical score, costuming, you name it - he could listen to them for hours. In turn, Quasar had a deep appreciation for how intuitively Val was able to understand characters, whether they were characters he was playing or starring alongside. The two of them poured immense amounts of their time into planning every frame of every movie they made together.

Val didn't always get a starring role, which might seem surprising, but in reality he was still getting exactly what he wanted. Many of Quasar's ideas stemmed directly from Val telling them about a character he would be excited to play; this might be a hero, a villain, a quirky side character, anything. Quasar would take that character and build a story around them.

The two of them collaborated together so frequently that it was only natural that they started hanging out with each other outside of movie making. Quasar asked Val out after they finished shooting their third short film; they kept it on the down-low but their crew had been expecting it for a while.

Quasar and Val have hobbies besides movies; Quasar enjoys nature hikes and the like, anything that gives them an opportunity to view the beauty of the natural world, and Val has always loved dancing. However, movies are the shared passion that binds the two of them together.
Last edited by Rabid_Jaguar on Fri May 04, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabid_Jaguar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumilys » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:08 pm

username:
name:
gender/pronouns:
who holds the other end of the string: (up to 1000 words, but dont feel required to write something long! )
lumilys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🎈

Postby fruitvale » Wed May 02, 2018 12:57 pm

username: coolwhipp
name: genevieve , vieve / nevi
gender/pronouns: they / she
who holds the other end of the string: oh HECKERONI catcg me cryin in th club @ this komo
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fallenfishy » Fri May 04, 2018 2:57 pm

username: ƒαℓℓєиƒιѕну

name: Nokomis, daughter of the moon

gender/pronouns: female, she/her

who holds the other end of the string:
I will be using my own babe Libelle.
Written from Nokomis' perspective.

My world was devoid of any light and warmth before I saw her, almost like I lived in nothingness. And oddly enough, it was only once I laid eyes on this dark-colored pup that my world filled with a burst of light and color. I don't know how I got there, but it felt like I had been called. I sat at the edge of a forest, hidden behind a tree, and watched as this girl stormed out the back door of a dingy house into the center of the lawn and collapsed into a sobbing mess. I wanted to reach out and comfort her. She looked so delicate and broken as her body shook with the silent sobs, but as the clouds moved across the sky, it revealed the moon and bathed her with its light, and her crying lessened. It was then that a wave of fatigue washed over me and my eyelids grew heavy, but before I sunk into darkness once again, I saw the girl look up towards the moon with tears streaming down her cheeks and mouth thank you.

☾☾☾

I woke from the darkness many times again, and she was always there. She had become my entire world. Some days were better than others, and there were many repeats of the first night where she would simply cry her eyes out under the blanket of moonlight. Other nights however she would talk and talk for hours towards the moon about anything and everything, and it felt like she was talking to me. The moon was her world; her only true friend as she said had so many times. She would often even lament about how she wished the moon could talk back to her and tell her about all the things it experienced living up in the darkness of space. It felt like that was when I was supposed to reveal myself to her, so I tried, and as soon as I stepped out of my hiding place, her eyes locked onto me and her mouth dropped. Out of the shadows, my fur seemed to glow just as bright as the moon. "I.. I'm Nokomis," but before I could finish speaking, emotions of shock and fear and awe overcame the dark pup and she fainted, and as she fell to the ground I felt my consciousness slip away as well.

☾☾☾

I avoided revealing myself to her every again for fear of the same thing happening. The darkness lasted so much longer after that had happened, and I did not want to go back to my life of nothingness. It was better to watch her from afar than go back to that. I watched her grow up, attend college, and so much more, and I lived vicariously through that, imagining that I was by her side every step of the way as she continued to talk to the moon each night. However, one night changed everything. It started out like any other night where I was hidden away in the darkness and she was ranting to the moon, but a strong gust of wind knocked dust and leaves into the air towards me which caused me to divert my attention away from her as I focused on protecting myself. However, when the wind calmed and I turned back towards the girl, her eyes were dead-focused on me. My heart was pounding out of my chest, and I had prepared to be yanked back into the darkness, but that didn't happen. Instead, the dark-furred girl started making her way towards me, and I didn't have any time to react. She closed the distance between us and reached her hand up to place it on my cheek. "So you really weren't a dream..." she said and gave me the softest smile I'd ever seen. "I've been wanting to meet you again." And with her saying that, I couldn't contain my happiness. "Me too."
My handsome bean Rangi. Art by Ruki.
Fallen or Fishy | Adult | She/her

I love drawing and playing video games like Pokémon,
Monster Hunter, ESO, etc. I am shy but friendly, feel
free to reach out if you want to talk about anything!

Art Shop

Discord: fallenfishy#5894
Toyhouse: fallenfishy

Awesome Species wrote:

Spirit Grove - Faeriekins
fallenfishy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mercury. » Thu May 10, 2018 2:25 pm

closed
mercury.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mercury. » Mon May 28, 2018 7:00 am

Thanks so much for entering! The winner is Purrfectpal with their lovely poem <3
mercury.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me