username:
pronouns:
name:
how will you make their life safer?:
a night light:

Mark~
~WOOT WOOT~

ImageImage
Hey there! My name is Hugs! I came up with this name because, well, I really like hugs! Naturally I'm a happy person, always joyful, clumsy, and excited about anything and everything. I'm very friendly and won't bite. I love hearing other people's opinions and getting to know the person itself! So, don't be afraid to be my friend! I don't have a life so please PM whenever!
stay awesome people!!
hugs100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BABUSAGI - 041 | Lava Lamp

Postby soymonky » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:21 am

username: thewalkingnovak
pronouns: she/they
name: jupiter
how will you make their life safer?: i will make jupiter's life safer by making sure that she's cared for and has good friends!!
a night light:
חלל-החיצון-אשליה-Lampara-USB-מגע-מנורת-לילה-כוכב-3D-LED-חזותי-שינה-עמעום-מצב-רוח.jpg
חלל-החיצון-אשליה-Lampara-USB-מגע-מנורת-לילה-כוכב-3D-LED-חזותי-שינה-עמעום-מצב-רוח.jpg (124.4 KiB) Viewed 81 times

(pm me if i won/if theres a problem)
gulp
soymonky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CCtheSylveon » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 am

username: misakiio
pronouns: she/her
name: livi
how will you make their life safer?: by protecting them and giving them cuddles and tasty food + drink
a night light:Image
cc | she/her | i am just a silly little jester | credit
i have autism, please use tone tags with me!
CCtheSylveon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mackstarr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:06 am

A V I

username: mackstarr

pronouns: she/her

name: Avi

how will you make their life safer?:
Avi will always have access to fans and ice packs. She would be
able to live in a colder place, like Alaska or Greenland and spend
all of her time outside or relaxing in her unheated home. Snow
will be so exciting to her, so much that she won't even mind when
it melts a little bit in her paws. She can sleep under the stars at
night with her salt lamp to make her feel safe, or inside with the
windows open.

a night light:
purple orb salt lamp
_________

Hi, I'm Mack!
♥adult♥

♥proud cat-mom♥
toyhouse
art shop // DA
bilbo baggins?

mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 8RavenPhoenix8 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:20 am

𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓂𝒶
(Means 'bring comfort, peace' )
Username: 8RavenPhoenix8
Pronouns: She/Her

How will you make their life safer?

Part 1: Fear

An emotion Selima is all too familiar with. The fear of burning up everything she cares for, the fear of being alone and unloved, the fear of being feared. She first felt it on the day she was dispensed, 'born' if you will. A human greeted her. He looked friendly and smiled at Selima. She felt it. Fear. She didn't know what was going on. He reached down to pet her only for his finger to burn. The fear grew stronger. She gasped and he blew and cooled off his finger and smiled to mask the pain. He told her it was alright. Later she was to be adopted. They were warned of her heat. Days and more lonely days passed. Babusagi wouldn't touch her, neither did the humans. Occasionally a babu would speak to her, but she'd just tear up and they'd eventually leave. Maybe she was overreacting, one burned finger isn't bad, but she feared she'd do worse. Selima believed everyone feared her, and maybe that was partly true. However, most Babusagi were envious of her appearance, and some even developed feelings. Selima didn't know this and rarely spoke. Often a human would want to adopt her but didn't feel they could tame her heat. She didn't know this either. It had been a few weeks, and she hadn't been adopted. That was until yet another human came along. She noticed Selima sleeping in the corner and decided she had to adopt her, no matter how many warnings she received. That human is me. I went over to her and sat on my legs, smiling. I wondered how to wake her, I couldn't touch her and I felt awkward. "S-Selima?" I asked. Others might think it was silly, being awkward about waking a new babusagi, but considering their intelligence was equal to a human's, and waking up a stranger is awkward to me, well, I felt awkward. A back paw twitched, and she stretched her legs, yawning. Drowsily she sat up, eyes half lidded. She blinked a few times, staring right in front of her. Selima yawned again and stood, stretching more, and flicked her tail which swished the lava in her tail around. I could hardly believe she hadn't been adopted, she's a gorgeous and calm seeming babusagi. Another yawn and she looked up in my direction. It took a moment for her to register that a human was sitting near her. She jumped a little and I held in a laugh. "Sorry!" I apologized. I explained to her that I had adopted her, and she looked shocked. I realized I had to figure out how to bring her home with me. I asked if there was a bowl or similarly wide container I could use and some water. They gave me a semi-clear plastic bowl and a water bottle and I filled the container with water. I returned to Selima who was watching curiously and put the bowl down near her. I asked her to jump into the water, and she eyed the bowl skeptically. I told her the water might prevent her from melting the bowl so that I could take her home. She sighed and jumped in. Some water splashed my legs a little, but I didn't mind. I put my finger in the water which was heating up quickly. I watched the bowl of water anxiously and sighed in relief when nothing happened. The water didn't even boil, although it was hot. I carefully picked her and the bowl up, and she stumbled before laying down. I took her home and placed her on the table. I stared at her and she stared back as I wondered how to solve her problem. After a while, I had an idea. A temporary solution. Lavera was in the forest by the factory, so I couldn't ask her now, but I thought of seeing if she or someone she knew could make silicone (or a similar clear material) shoes that held water. That way Selima could walk around without burning things or setting them on fire. I wasn't sure of the idea, but that's why I thought it could be a temporary solution. Later, when Lavera got back I introduced the two and explained this to her. Lavera thought about it for a while and wrote that sleeping in cool water at night be all Selima needed.

How will you make their life safer?

Part 2: A Night Light

Later, at night, I filled one of my own bowls, a black one, with ice cold water. I placed it on the end table next to my bed. I went over to Selima and brought her in her clear plastic bowl on Selima jumped into it and shivered for a while but she adjusted. I laid in bed and turned off the light of the lamp on the end table on the other side of my bed and she glowed, although I could see the fear on her face. I turned the light back on and she calmed down. "Alright, I'll leave the light on tonight. Tomorrow we're getting you a night light." I told her and adjusted myself in bed before falling asleep. The next day I watched as Selima jumped out of the bowl. Thankfully nothing happened. It worked. I took Selima to a few different stores in search of a night light. We ended up at Target and we looked around for a bit. Selima was lucky she didn't have to do any walking. After a while, I stopped at one that looked like flowers. Selima seemed to like it so I bought it. When night came around I put it on the dresser Selima's bowl was on and plugged it in. I turned the light off and turned the night light on. It glowed in shades of blue and purple, and even I thought it was beautiful. I grew tired and fell asleep. So did Selima, calm at last.

8RavenPhoenix8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lepid » Sun May 07, 2017 8:13 am

Good luck everyone! <3

Lepid - She/her & They/them - INFJ - Adult

Mainly here to lurk and adopt pets.

Credits: Wolfboy (th), palelibrarian (dA)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamyEnding » Sun May 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Me @ me: please just judge your contests in a timely manner
Me: lol sorry what was that, i had headphones in.

Anyway, I really liked all the entries on this kiddo! But only so many people can win.

I want to offer a RU to mackstarr!
I really love the image of the babu playing in the snow and leaving melted pawprints c,: Your RU won't have a glowing skeleton but it'll still have the liquid! Please PM what colors you'd like!

And the winner is DoubleInfiniti!
I'm always happy to see more positive approaches to characters! And the underwater dome is so cool too!
(Though if babus are just toys, couldn't they straight up live underwater? That's a thought...)

Anyway I also have HMs for alive. and 8RavenPheonix8!

Thank you all for entering!
about wrote:Liv
they • she
#girl
links wrote:Liv#5814
use my TH for
art/design credit!

notice wrote:please check out
MODULAR! my free
toyhouse layout!
you pick what's in it!
transfers wrote:I approve all out
of species transfers.

dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mackstarr » Mon May 08, 2017 11:03 am

thank you! I'll send you a pm (: congrats to the winner!
_________

Hi, I'm Mack!
♥adult♥

♥proud cat-mom♥
toyhouse
art shop // DA
bilbo baggins?

mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery