My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #370

Postby Wokkie » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Droppin out. ;w; good luck to the others
Last edited by Wokkie on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
██████████
𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 ──── ┒

You can call me Wokkie ^^
demisexual | psych student
drawing | music | chilling
Current fandoms: Sky COTL,
Genshin Impact, Honkai
Star Rail & Tears of Themis
●● ●●● ● ● ● ●●
Image Image
██████████
𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉
𝒚𝒐𝒗 ─── ┛
art shopTHgallery
────────
𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕
Wokkie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:18 pm

It finishes on my bday, nice!

With that said, I intend to fill out this forum

Or at least I did. Now I wish all who enter good luck as I have decided to pull out. Watching this contest closely though!
Last edited by Goostarion on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chippitty » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:21 pm

ImageImageImage

Usʀɴ
Hello, I'm Lyrics, nice to meet you!

N
A young kalon looks at you, seemingly uninterested in your curiousity. Finally, they sigh and answer. "I'm Carribean Fiodel. Not Carrey, not Car, not Fifi and definitely not Bean. Now go away, will you? You're invading my personal space." they say as they walk away.

Gɴʀ
But you pursue them, running and tapping on theor shoulder. They turn around angrily. "What do you want? What the--" he stops in midsentence and breathes in deeply, trying to calm himself. "I'm male... What did I say about personal space?"

ImageImageImage

··Wʜ ʏ ʜɪɴ ʏ ʀ·· ʀsɴʟɪʏ

The sweet scent of the sea fills Carribean's nostrils with old memories. The waves were his lullaby and the sun reflected brightly on the water. The flying fish dance among the ripples as the kalon brings out something wrapped in tinfoil. It was a sandwich, other than the water Carribean loved cooking. It was his passion, his love. As he was about to take a bite someone took a seat beside him. That someone was you. Augh, this again, he thought. Go away go away go away go away, okay you're not going away. he stood up and decided to leave, not before giving you an annoyed face. He went to the food trucks and ordered a mango shake. He smiled a bit. Finally, alone time. He sits down under a tree and takes a sip... Then spits it out almost immediately. "What the heckie?! I can make a better shake! This is trash!!" he throws it angrily in the bin. "What a waste of 12 dollars." he mumbles. While mumbling he bumps into someone.., you again. "What do you want?!" he screams but realizes he can't shake you off. He grunts. "Fine. Come with me." you follow him. The dock you walk on trembles slightly but Carribean doesn't seem to mind. He looks around, his eyes seem tired. Tapping his shoulder once again, you ask why his eyes keep darting around. He looks at you and covers his eyes with his paws, growling slightly. His paws tremble in annoyance and he speaks. "It's... My eyes..." he speaks softly. Stupid eyes.. Why?! he refuses to speak more. Carribean was actually born with polarized vision, giving him more color cones thatn usual. Imagine it as an explosion of color everyday. And in a world based on color and sight, he hates it. You see he seems to have trouble. He groans. Yet... He always had his scents and tastes. His food... His nose twitches and he smells fresh ingridients. He takes his paws off his eyes and smiles slightly, it looks uncommon. He snaps back to reality and makes his face from kind to killer cold. "Let's go.. I'm hungry."

ImageImageImage

··Gʀss.... I ɴ ʜ ɢʀ..·· ғʀɪ ɪʀ

After a day of hanging out with a total stranger, Carribean goes to his house on the beach. "Home sweet home...." he sounds bitter. Due to boredom he decides to cook something. He goes to his fridge and checks what he has.. Raspberries.. Whip cream.. Why is the vinegar in the fridge? he takes out the vinegar and cracks his knuckles. "Let's do this." he takes the raspberries, eating one every once in a while. After about thrity minute he made Raspberry Basil Canapes. He sits down and eats one in one bite. He sighs. Again. "I wish I could share these with you." his voice frail. Unlike the voice many know. "I hate eating alone...."

ImageImageImage

For all you know, dear... For all you know...
Tell me, if the world is alright..
Would you still save me?
Can I still save you?
Who knows, maybe we won't need saving.

Not for a while? Not ever? Or do we wait?
The rivers scream, telling me to realize
The sun glares, telling me to stop
The moon sighs, telling me it's enough
But what do I tell myself?

Tell me, if this world will be in chaos
If it is even in chaos, is it?
Will you remember me?
Will anyone remember anything?

Of the past, the present
Will the word "future" make sense?
Maybe not, I don't know
Do we have to fix anything?

This path... Is.. Unknown.
I can't tell if this is even my path
Can you share a path?
Can a path be broken?
Is this one supposed to stop?

What am I asking?
You tell me, don't you?
Does this even make sense?
Or am I making a scene?

Tell me.... Something.
Anything. As long as there are words
Even if those are unheard,
Even if those are misinterpreted,
Can make perfect sense. To anyone.
Last edited by Chippitty on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Chippitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:53 pm

username: MotherMother
name: Daniel
personality: Daniel is full of sass. He's always sarcastic and likes to make snarky remarks. Throughout school he always got in trouble for "talking back", which he never understood why.
Daniel is great at arguing and usually wins debates, because he only says something when he knows it's right. However, if he is wrong, he takes it well as he understands that if he's wrong, he's wrong.
Despite seeming a bit unwelcoming at first glance, Daniel is actually quiet kind and a trustworthy friend. Sometimes he does forget his manners, but he means well.
Daniel is a great storyteller and loves to share his adventures with all his friends. His favourite thing to do is camping, mostly because he can tell stories around the campfire (the s'mores don't hurt, either). But he can only tell stories if he's gone out and done something fun and interesting, which means Daniel is quite adventurous! He loves going outside with his friends and exploring the world. One of his favourite hobbies is hiking through forest trails, but by far his favourite is chilling on the beach on a breezy afternoon, when there are barely any kalons around and he can watch nature emerge. Which brings us to his occupation.
occupation: Ever since Daniel was just a little kalon, he always loved going to the beach. He would wade in the water (no matter how cold) and watch all the fish dart away from his paws. Then he would build a hole in the sand and find strange, alien-like creatures deep down, like weird spirally worms. With the sand he's dug up, he'd build a castle and populate it with small crabs. His favourite were always the green ones, and one little speckled one called "Benny" that lived on the top of the castle. Before he left, he'd always return the crabs back to the rocks he'd found them under. Every time he returned to the beach, he was positive that the little speckled crab out of the countless ones on the beach had to be Benny.
Daniel's passion never faded and today he is a marine biologist, studying all kinds of aquatic animals. He loves his job and believes he was one of the very few, lucky kalons who get to work their dream job every day.
story: The teacher strode through the rows of desks, glancing at all the students' papers as they wrote an essay on the importance of controlling oil spills. She stopped at Daniel and gave him a hard look. He was sitting upright, eyes out the window, watching the crows hop about the playground, picking up scraps of food dropped by clumsy hands. Mrs. Windington tapped his desk, "Daniel," she said sternly. "Why aren't you writing your essay?"
Daniel turned and looked up at the teacher. Staring straight into her eyes, he admitted, "Well, I just don't think it's that important." and shrugged. Mrs. W must've taken this offensively, for she demanded, "And why not?"
He took a moment to respond. "Why should I right this essay? Why me?"
Mrs. W's unchanging expression told him she didn't understand. So he continued, "No one in this class has the kind of power to control what happens with the oil spills. You should be telling the big oil companies to write this paper." By now, a few students' eyes were sneaking towards them, intrigued. They kept their heads down so they wouldn't be spotted, and wouldn't be pulled into this mess. But Daniel didn't mind confrontation. He sat up straighter and held her gaze, challenging her.
Mrs. W was aghast. Then she said in a matter-of-fact way, "Because today's youth will be tomorrow's leaders, and one day you might be part of those oil companies. You might have the power to control this issue." She grinned, proud of her smart answer.
Daniel was unscathed. "I'm not going to be part of the oil company. I'm going to be a marine biologist." Now, a few heads were popping up, curious kalons coming out of their shells. Then one spoke up, "Yeah, and I'm going to be a dancer." Another joined, "I don't want to be in an oil company, I want to be a lifeguard." A few more joined, throwing out professions and expressing their dreams. Voices rose, a ball of inspiration growing in the room. A few cheers rang out, and Mrs. W was speechless. The voices grew and she clapped her hands, "All right, all right, quiet down!" But the students didn't care. They were more than just kids sitting at desks, glued to their essays. They were kalons with dreams, plans, and inspiration. They didn't quiet down, they rang out louder. Someone outside the class walking down the hall poked their head in to see what was going on, and quickly joined in. Mrs. W had to lean in real close to Daniel and whisper in his ear so she'd be heard over the other kalons, "I'll see you after class."

The bell rang. His friends smiled at him as they left the class, waving goodbye until tomorrow. Daniel knew he could slip out with the crowd and avoid Mrs. W for the day, but he didn't bother. He wasn't scared of a debate. He approached her and stood at her desk.
Mrs. W made a point to make him wait for a minute, as if to say there were more important things than him, but he could tell by her aimless flipping through papers that she was stalling.
"Okay Daniel, take a seat." He pulled up a chair and sat. "What you did was inappropriate and disrespectful. Now, I won't give you detention," as if she had the power to do that, Daniel thought as he rolled his eyes. "But I do want to have a chat." Daniel got comfy.
"Oil spills are a huge problem to our ecosystem. Saying that the topic is not important is ignorant."
"Actually," started Daniel, "I never said that. I told you to discuss it with people in higher power, not those who can't control it. It's pointless."
Mrs. W sighed. "Okay, you're right. There are actually quite a few things we do in school that are pointless." That perked Daniel right up, "Like algebra!" He blurted out. "Now settle down," she chuckled, easing down a bit. But Daniel was too excited, and he finally had the chance to talk about school to someone who might actually have power in it. "Shouldn't we be learning life skills? How can I write a good resume? How do I pay rent? What about taxes?" Daniel was standing now, unable to keep seated.
Mrs. W contemplated this, and Daniel had to fight the urge to go on. "Maybe I can talk to the school board about changing our curriculum a bit. Maybe add those life skills you're talking about." Daniel grinned, but before he could talk, she said, "But I won't be getting rid of algebra." They laughed, and Mrs. W had to wipe tears from her eyes as she calmed down.
Daniel smiled softly, "See? I told you, someone who has the power to change something, about the school. You're the oil company."
"Yes," she nodded, smiling back at him. "And you're not, are you?" He shook his head. Mrs. W continued, "So you're not part of the oil company... er, school board... but you still made a change."
Daniel thought about this. Then he shrugged and laughed, "I guess you're right. I guess even if you're not part of the oil company, you still have the power to do something about it."
Mrs. W felt proud, but intrigued in Daniel's ability to debate. "You know, Daniel, we have a debate club after school. Maybe you should give it a try, you're great at arguing." She said as he was hoisting his backpack onto his shoulder. "Nah, I would disagree" He said, grinning at the irony. Then he walked out of class, ready to get home after a long day at school. As he walked down the hall to the school exit, he passed the debate club. He stopped, and peaked inside.
favorite appetizer: Chicken taquitos! Who wouldn't love these fried Mexican rolls?
Last edited by MotherMother on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caesou » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:30 pm

lost connection
Last edited by caesou on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
caesou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby naumachy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:07 am

username: naumachy

name: isohalsine

a line connecting two points of equal ocean salinity because he's salty  

personality: from the start, hal comes off as disinterested and bored, like a typical teenager. smaller than those his age, he grew up with taunts and slurs thrown at him constantly; a favorite of his peers was 'shrimp'. he's allergic to seafood.

so, once again like the stereotype, he constructed walls for himself and tried to ignore them. because his family constantly traveled, it was hard for him to make friends and truly develop. as a teen, it grew worse; therefore he was enrolled in martial arts. he's exceptionally good at what he does and will not quit- it's certainly taught him the respect and control he needed.

today, he's accumulated a group of tight-knit friends, but is still left distant and finds it hard to connect with them. he keeps to himself a lot, but when he opens up he's a helpful friend [albeit a very sarcastic one]. he finds it hard to forget, much less forgive- if you get on his bad side it won't end well. however, if hal happens to take a liking to you, you've got a loyal friend until the end.

favorite appetizer: outback's bloomin' onion

growing up, there was never much consistency in hal's life; one day they were one place, the next they were packing up to start again. he loathed it, but grew used to faces blurring and leaving places behind.

there was, however, one thing that was remotely consistent; his family would always go to a particular restaurant that he never learned the name of- it was always during the evening, and he'd sit in the corner booth of the mostly empty place and watch the rain hit the windows right next to his face as the headlights of people who had places to be blurred into yellow lines. his parent's didn't have the money to order meals; but they always ordered one appetizer for all of them to share, which he vaguely remember was called a "bloomin onion". apparently, young hal loved it and he was even allowed into the kitchen once to see how it was made. it may seem insignificant, but it shines through as the one thing he actually remembers from his childhood.

hal hasn't been to that restaurant since he moved away from his parents- and he has no desire to learn the name or to ever go again. he believes that it should stay in the past, but he'll always remember the friendly faces there and that one item on the menu.

Last edited by naumachy on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lonk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:04 am

res w/ cheese fries probably,,, omg this one is a babe
▬▬▬ ▬▬▬
i like nintendo (pokemon
splatoon, zelda, etc.),
persona 3, 4, 5, & steven
universe !
if u ever need anything
dont hesitate to hmu 👌
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
      hi im lonk !!
      i have what the kids call...
      poor taste
lonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackbirds » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:21 am

username:
name:
favorite appetizer: Res with Bamboo.
Last edited by Blackbirds on Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blackbirds