Re: Parrapup #280

Postby hnai » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:28 pm

ignore
Last edited by hnai on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
hnai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Name;; Arthur
Gender;; male
Song;; Bulletproof - La Roux
Memories;;

It was the night of February 23rd, I had been sitting in the park for hours waiting for my friend to show up. I heard a faint buzz and picked up my phone
    "Hello?"

"Sorry man, I can't make it tonight."
    "Couldn't you have told me that three hours ago??"

"..." -click-

Here I am, sitting on a cold park bench. Alone...
    "What're friends for" I murmured to myself just thinking of how we used to hang out all the time. "Eighteen years is a long time to be friends I guess"

Exactly 18 years earlier
    my first day of school, I was so excited to meet my new classmates for the year!
    The teacher introduced the class to me, She sat me next to a nerdy looking fellow.
    We ended up having more in common than we first thought, our birthday's were right next to eachother and we lived in a flying distance from eachother.
    Then he introduced me to a younger girl. At first I thought she wouldn't fit in our little group but she fit so perfectly that I started to become the third wheel. They spent so much time together often hanging out and not inviting me to come along.
    Eventually they started dating which made me feel like I didn't know him anymore. Recently though he contacted me for a meetup in the park, of course I said yes, I thought we could pick up where we left off.
    But again, I was let down by him.

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby just that lass » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:13 pm

dropping out ; )
Last edited by just that lass on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
side note: im selling a lot of pony characters here
just that lass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby she wolf warrior » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:11 am

Name;; Everest
Gender;; male
Song;; - top of the world, by Greek fire
Memories;;

when Everest was just a small, wobbly pup he remembered watching many documentaries about things from mountain climbing to deep sea diving. His parents encouraged him to have a wide, and open mind, in which he thought he did. He was quite addicted to the thought that amazing things such as active volcanoes and snow leopards prowling in the same earth he lived on. He also quickly learned that these things were dangerous, due to many lectures and scolding a from his parents telling him that if he were to ever endanger himself due to a " stupid and dumb expedition " that they would only treat him like a fool. His parents wanted the best for him, and he was an only child so he remembered being quite overprotected throughout his life. He could never forget the lectures that he was given almost daily, as they echoed through his mind all the time. Due to this, his self confidence plummeted and his creativity suffered, as he thought that his parents didn't want him to be creative, as " creativity lead to danger. " Everest remembers that this was one of the biggest factors to affect him, as it lead to a downfall of his entire life.

When Everest started middle school, he says he remembers all of the parras having normal hair, bland expressions and rude remarks. He hated school just for that reason. They all picked on him, as he wasn't very keen with certain subjects like math, and they all made fun of him each time he quietly raised his paw in an attempt to answer. Each time he did get the answer right, it shut the class right up. It made him determined to get every answer right, but sadly he didn't. It made him very insecure, and made him feel like he didn't belong. He had very few friends, and the friends he did have didn't know how to help him. It made him feel quite sad. He still did keep his head up, as he wasn't going to get rid of all of his spirits, he continued to watch the documentaries in secret, away from his parents, he continued to fantasize about swimming with sharks, and he continued to dream of a happier place.

When Everest went to high school, he remembers meeting a group of parras in the same age group as him. They all had nice smiles, kind attitude and great imaginations. It was scary to him at first, as he'd never seen parras who actually wanted to be kind. It was heart warming to him, and he felt like he belonged for once in his life. After many weeks, Everest and one parra from that group hung out daily after school. The parra's name was Sterling, and he had a sleek silver coat with black stripes, wonderful hair and teal eyes. He was very athletic, and Sterling reminded Everest of a Bengal tiger that he'd seen on documentaries many times. He and Sterling were very close. It made him feel safe, that he had someone to talk to and to be honest to, who would listen to his worries. They both talked about their experiences, the good and the bad, which for the most part they both understood how they felt. About three months later, Everest's mood had improved so much, he'd become who he'd wanted to be all along. He felt confident, creative and most of all happy. Throughout his life he'd been sad, and often felt he'd never belonged, but with Sterling he felt he could do anything, and he said that he thought Sterling felt the same. Weeks later, he says he remembers the worst thing that could ever had happened to him. Sterling was moving.

Everest said he remembers not wanting to come out of his room, not wanting to eat, and just wanting to lay there. He was forced to go to school each day, and now that Sterling wasn't there, all he could do was hope to be left alone. But no, of course the gangs of bullies found him and often pushed him against lockers, kick his book bag, tripped him, and even stole from him. He was at the worst condition he could ever be in. He didn't watch any documentaries, he didn't read any books, he didn't even take the time to talk to anyone that was nice to him anymore. All he wanted was to be left alone. Everest remembers the look on Sterling's face when he told him he was moving. His face was full of panic, worry and sadness, now how Everest felt.

Two years later, he graduated high school and moved out if his parents house, he remembers his parents waving to him from his car, and the long drive to his new home. It was around five in the morning, Everest says he could remember how thick the fog was that day. So finally, he decided to pull over to a small cafe and gas station. He got out of the car, locked it and walked into the surprisingly scary cafe. He sat down in a small, beaten up booth and picked up the menu. Everest remembers how scratchy the seats were and the wallpaper peeling as you talked. He could tell it was an old place. He buried his head in a menu, directing his attention to a simple order of " Bacon, toast 'n eggs. " A slim gray figure placed itself next to the booth Everest was sitting in, and said " May I take your order, sir?.. " Everest remembers looking up, and a rush of happiness, joy and sadness rush over him all at once. It was Sterling. He gasped, put his paws over his mouth and got up and stood there in extreme excitement. Sterling gasped, and threw his arms around Everest. " What are you doing here? " Sterling said. " No, what are you doing here? " Everest remembers stuttering. " ever since high school this was the only job I could get, now I guess this keeps me on my feet. " Sterling said. " I just moved out today, I'm on my way to my new house. " Everest said. The two sat down in the old booth, talking and talking as the hours passed. They didn't seem to notice anything else, not even the roughness of the seats and the peeling of the wallpaper.

Another few months passed, and Everest remembers seeing the most beautiful flowers of spring in all of his life. He woke up, got dressed and suddenly called Sterling. " Are you ready? " he remembers stuttering. Everest gathered a large mountain backpack full of medical kits, food, water and blankets. He also carried a tent, many flashlights and batteries, and other stuff like books and a map. He went out the door, and got in his little gray car. He rushed over to Sterling's house, and Sterling hopped in with all of his supplies too, almost identical to what Everest has packed. Everest and Sterling remember pulling into the airport, and waiting at least 8 hours to board their flight. Everest had never been on an airplane, so this was a wonderful experience for him. He remembers the rush of the plane taking off of the ground, and the sudden exposure to the clouds. He watched through the window almost the whole time. He says it took them so long to get there, they could have had a whole separate vacation and been back already. He remembers the turbulence, and the wonder of the plane landing, and at the end he remembers Sterling flashing him a big smile. They were in Nepal, heading to the Himalayan Mountains. This was Everest's dream as a child, up until he was a teenager, which of now he was about to make come true. They met up with their tour guide, who was to lead them up the world's tallest mountain, Mount Everest. Everest and Sterling remember seeing the large scale of mountains, but one stood out to them. It was Mount Everest. Everest now understood where his name origin came from, and a felt a tear well up in his eyes. He was so happy, although he hadn't even gotten close to the mountain yet. Sterling looked over at Everest, smiling almost as big as Everest was.

About two days later, they were not even a quarter up the mountain yet. Everest didn't know it was going to be this hard. Especially with a bunch of gear and equipment loaded onto them, it didn't really help with weight. Everest didn't realize it was not going to be just going up, it was a series of going up and down, but every time they did make progress. They camped out each night before it got dark, all three of them huddled together to keep warm. It was freezing on the mountain, more so than the coldest nights where Everest lived. The air was very think making it hard to breath so they had to wear oxygen tanks. Sterling remembers taking off his glove for a few seconds and almost crying due to it being so cold. The next day, the three continued to hike up and down. A small avalanche came every so often, but it didn't affect the team. Everest and the two others came across a small patch of rocks, and there were no way around them. They couldn't go down again, there was no other way around that either. They forced themselves to go through it, and Everest says he remembers slipping and falling into a rock, and it hurt like nothing he'd every experienced. Around five more days later, they began to ware out. They were all extremely tired, and they almost couldn't go on. They'd been there for around two weeks now, which Everest had no idea that it would take that long. They were about halfway up the mountain now, which was great progress for them. Everest wouldn't give up tho gun, although he did want to go back down, he wouldn't. Something burned in him that made him continue. He remembers that feeling urging him to go on, saying " it would be okay ". Finally, the tour guide gave up. He said " I can't do this anymore, I've never scaled this mountain and I don't want to anymore! " he gave an angry glare, and proceeded to hike down again. Sterling and Everest were all alone now. They didn't know where to go, or what to do. The only thing they could do was climb up. Up. And that was what they did. They climbed for another two weeks, and they camped out every night, being colder and colder as they went upwards. Everest says he remembers, the final day, the day they made it to the top. The air was extremely thin, and the weather was in their favor. The morning was quiet, and still. The clouds were a beautiful pink and yellow color, and the sun was actually warming them. Everest says he remembers the final peak, as they trekked upwards, they felt a sudden energy burst. They went faster, and faster until they saw it. The top.

Everest exchanged a glance with Sterling, as tears streamed down his face. He was so happy. He felt this is what his life was meant for, no matter what his parents told him. He seemed to forget all of the bullies, all of the sadness, all of the emptiness. He felt like he was on top of the world, which he literally was. He stepped upwards, and looked out on the horizon. He then, looked at Sterling, and they both reached outward and tapped the top of the mountain in unison. He they both began to laugh and smile, and then shout and shout at the top of their lungs about how happy they were. Tears streamed down both of their faces, not tears of sadness, tears of joy. He sat down together, and stared out in the distance, admiring the beauty. Everest remembers the feeling he felt, and he said it never really left him since then. He's been the happiest, and he always remembers the times he was sad, the times he was alone, but it all lead up to something that made it worth it. The trek down the mountain didn't take as long, and it was much easier according the Everest. Soon they were on a plane back home, with smiles on their faces the whole way back. Everest remembers all the things his parents told him, his bullies told him, and all of the emptiness fade away, just a faint scar on his memory.

Sterling and Everest reach the top. Art by me

" ahh! mom! dad! " called a young, and little Everest. He'd just learned how to ride a bike, which felt amazing to him. His tiny wings could spread out, and he could feel the wind ruffle through his feathers, almost as if he were flying. it felt oddly amazing, and just this once, he lifted his paws out too, so he had no control on the bike. He went crashing down out of his seat, and onto the gravel filled pavement. It wasn't that bad, but he'd never seen his own blood. There was only a scrape and a few tiny splotches of blood, but it startled Everest. His mother came running outside, to see her little boy on the sidewalk in tears. She couldn't help but giggle, which offended Everest slightly. " Will it stay like this? am I going to have to go to the hospital?.. " said Everest in a shaky voice, a tear welling up in his eye. " oh, silly, no. It'll go away in a few days, honey. " Promise? " said the little pup. " Promise. " she said back. She carefully pasted a band-aid on his tiny leg, covering the wound completely. " Whoa, how'd you do that? I feel better already? " said the now excited Everest. His mom chuckled, and told him to go back outside to play. He'd never forget how badly he thought it hurt, although it was no worse than any small scrape.

when Everest was in eight grade, he was invited to his first " real party ". He was very excited, and rushed home to tell his parents he was one of the " cool kids " now. Although he did feel important, he wasn't told that almost everyone in the eight grade was invited also. He begged his mother to go take him shopping, he wanted to make a good first impression on these folks, as maybe he'd have a shot at being " cool ". His mother sighed, and finally told him to go get in the car. He shouted as he went out the door, " I call shotgun! " Soon, they arrived at a department store, which had many tuxedos, ties, and other ' necessary ' items for this party, according to Everest. He wandered off into the tuxedo section, coming back with a classic black and white tuxedo, with a red tie and handkerchief in the breast pocket. He nodded excitedly at his mother, as if he were saying " I need this one. " He went to the " party " section, picked out a pair of shades, and a pocket confetti maker, which allowed him to bring the party wherever he went. He was extremely determined to make a good first impression, so he wanted to look as cool as can be, although he did end up looking a little cheesy. It was finally the night of the party, and he was all fancied up and ready to party. When he got there, there was a large, dark room with colorful lights and a DJ booth in the front. there were many tables, a vending machine, and even a pizza stand. He gasped, as this is sort of what he was expecting. He was very excited, and almost ready to pop out of his suit. He waved goodbye to his mom, and entered the room. It was full of loud, rowdy and excited parras, all his age. He'd never gotten the chance to talk to them, really, as he was too busy worrying about other things. He ran one paw through his hair, and made his way up to the DJ booth. The music was loud, and popular radio songs played. there were many rowdy parras up front dancing their tails off, which didn't seem to interest Everest. He scooted towards the back of the room, and ended up buying a soda and just sitting down. Then, his actual song started playing, so he jolted up. He thought it was meant for him. He wobbled up to the front, and starting dancing nervously. As he danced, he became more excited, and went into a full dance mode. He could only hear the music, not the crowd of parras starting to gather around him. after about 3 minutes, the song was over, yet he kept dancing. The circle of parras continued to cheer, although it was as if Everest couldn't hear them. Eventually, he wore out, and his suit and hair were drenched in sweat. He sat down, sipped on his soda, and put his paws on a table and then he put his head down, and he fell fast asleep. He couldn't remember what time it was, or how long he'd been asleep, but he woke up to the voice of his mother. " Looks like you had fun, huh? " she teased. " Mhmm " said Everest sleepily. He was ready to never do that again.

Everest was quite a carefree and absent minded child for the first few years, but as he grew older he became more mature, as expected. Although from a young age, he was quite talented, he still was a kid. His father and himself regularly stopped at a nature park under the name of " Tinker nature park ", which was a delightful name according to Everest. He and his father walked around the trail, stopped to listen to the birds and then went home. He always stayed on the path, and always listened to his father. He'd never had thought that he would get lost, as he was quite obedient. His father and him got pit of the car, and the little Everest was full of excitement. He'd love the sound of the birds, the gentle caress of the breeze, and the scent of the air as the wind stirred it. It was the beginning of fall, so of course everything was at its most beautiful. The leaves started to turn a beautiful array of colors from red, to orange to yellow. The cedar waxwings flew around noisily, dropping a few berries here and there, which was all very exciting for the little Everest. His hair gently blew in the breeze, and he closed his eyes and spread his tiny wings. He then opened them again, and looked over at his father, who was zipping up his hoodie. Everest looked down at his feet, which were slightly brushed with dirt. He kicked a few rocks, as he was growing impatient waiting for his father. " alright, buddy, let's go. " said his father with a slight sigh. He bounced up and down as he waddled along the trail, and excitedly looked around with wide eyes. He sniffled, and continued to walk. About halfway down the trail, Everest heard a familiar call. He looked up, and saw a graceful osprey soaring just feet above him, and he was in compete awe. It was rare to see Ospreys where he lived, plus it wasn't the right time of year to see them either, so as it flew by Everest ran after it. He hobbled quickly, and dint realize the gravel that was on the trail was now long behind him. The osprey jerked upwards, and off out of view. Everest began to gasp, as he'd been running for a while now. Suddenly, he looked around. His father was no where it be see, neither was the trail. He gasped, and panick washed over him. His first instinct was to cry, and so he let out a quiet sob for a bit. He got up, sniffling and teary eyed, and began to walk. He walked, and began to call " dad! Daddy! Where are you? " he sniffled, and it grew colder quickly. He forgot his hoodie in the car, so he couldn't keep warm. He shouted again, " Dad! It's cold! Where are you? " and still, no reply. He continued to walk, as he did splinters clung to him, along with leaves and gravel. It hurt, but not as much as the fear he was feeling. He walked on, for about twenty more minutes, then he sat down. He started to weep, as he missed his family, and he wanted to go home. It was cold, he was tired, and he was angry at himself for being so oblivious. He was hungry too, so he wandered for a bit longer, looking for some edible berries. His father had taught him what berries were good and what berries were not, so he was confident he wouldn't find bad ones. After about five more minutes, he came across a bush with bright red berries. He picked a few, sniffed them, and popped them into his mouth. They were disgusting. They tasted awful, but he knew they weren't poisonous, so he stuffed himself full with the sour and rotten flavored berries. He was full, yet he felt like throwing up. He walked again, with that horrible bitter feeling in his stomach. He called again, giving a final effort, " Dad!! Where are you? I'm tired, cold and scared! " and there was still no reply. Tears welled up in his eyes again, until he caught a faint glimpse of the osprey again. He yelled at the bird. " You got me into this! It's your fault! ", but of course he followed it again. He ran after it, in a small fit of rage. After about three minutes, the bird landed on a tree. Everest gasped, as the tree was right next to the gravel trail. He had a faint spark of hope, and ran down the trail calling after his dad. Then he heard a voice, a faint voice that was familiar. It was his dad, he ran and ran, calling once more. Then he saw his father running up the path as fast as he could, scooping up Everest in his arms. " Where were you? I was so worried, are you okay? Don't you ever do that again, this is why we tell you to listen to us! " Everest nodded, and began to cry again. His wounds hurt, but it wasn't because of that. It was because he was safe now. They both headed back to the car, and drove home. Everest learned a lesson, to always obey his parents, but later on he'd learn he needed to listen to himself too.

A while ago, Everest and Sterling were hanging out after school on Friday. It was a pleasant and sunny day, until night struck. Sterling had decided to stay the night, and have a sleepover with Everest. As the day faded into night, the sun went down and tepee moon came up, along with a large and un-predicted storm. It was the largest the town they lived in had received in history, which was terrible news for the residents. Lightning and thunder Blared and streaked across the night sky, frightening the residents, especially the two boys. Sterling and Everest were barricaded in Everest's room, covered in pillows and blankets. Sterling whispered to Everest, " do you think the house will flood? " " maybe, hopefully not.. Do you think that we'll get struck by lightning? " " Maybe the house will.. "
They weren't exactly optimists at that point in time, so all of the bad ideas kept flowing through their minds. Later in the night, the largest bolt of lightning the two had ever seen streamed across the sky, hitting a lamppost outside of the house, with the largest flash of light following. A loud cracking noise came after, and the lamppost hit the ground. The boys were in horror, and fear washed over them. Suddenly, a figure streaked past their window, with a whispy object flowing behind it. " WHAT WAS THAT?.. " Everest shrieked. " I-I DON'T KNOW... " Sterling said shakily, in a loud and horrified voice. The two exchanged horrified glances, and shrunk under the blankets again. After about four minutes, a loud bang knocked on Everest's bedroom window. " What the heck?.. Oh my gosh Sterling, what's outside?! I know it's definitely not the storm, something's out there! " Shrieked Everest. " M-maybe .. " Sterling said, unable to finish. " Maybe what?! " Everest replied " Maybe it's a ghost.. " He said, already in fear from the storm, now worrying about " the ghost" . " Sterling, you go look out the window. " Everest said sternly. " Are you kidding? You go! " and at that instant, a crack of lightning blared across the sky, illuminating everything around it. Shortly after, a large boom of thunder rolled in. it'd been about an hour, and the " ghost " hadn't bothered them. The storm was still going strong, so they had no choice other than to stay inside, under the blankets. " What do you think that was? " Sterling whispered. " I have no idea. " Everest whispered back. All was going well, until something crashed through their window. Glass flew through the air, and a whispy figure flew around the corner of the window, out of sight from the two. They both screamed, their shrieks sounding like a group of two year olds, but who could blame them? Sterling and Everest huddled underneath their blankets, and they were in complete fear. The glass was scattered on the floor, and the window was broken open. Rain flew through the window, and they were almost soaked, but paralyzed with fear. About six minutes later, Everest poked his head out from under the blanket, and saw it. The ghost. The figure looked at him, and started to ' float ' towards him. He screamed, and ran for the blanket again, but it was too late. The ghost was in his room, and floating around his head, he screamed, and closed his eyes. Sterling stood up, and saw it too, and he gasped. Sterling cocked his head to the side, and narrowed his eyes at the ghost. He got closer, and pulled at the long, whispy white figure, and the white plastic bag fell off of a small, confused bird. Everest stopped, and looked dumbfounded. He groaned loudly, and said " oh my gosh, we were literally scared of a bird with a bag on it, all night?.. wow.. I feel stupid. " he sighed. Sterling laughed, and so did Everest. The little bird looked up at them, dazed, scared and confused. They felt bad, although it did break Everest's window. They decided to let it stay in Everest's room for the night, and they gave it a box, food, water and a blanket to sleep in. The night was pleasant from then on other than the storm, although it did clear up by morning.

of course there are many more memories, those were just his favorite and most clear memories. He hopes to make many more, and to never give up.
Last edited by she wolf warrior on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:58 am, edited 9 times in total.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

SHE WOLF
my kalons | my plumies | my keldines | my DA | about me | th
🌸 ❤ pink present ❤ 🌸
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
“ A donde easta la bobioteca”
- wife

she wolf warrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KindaOnHiatus » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:06 am

Reserving <3 (Lordy he is gorgeous)
Name;; Ryder or Aiden (I can’t decide)
Gender;; Male
Song;;
Memories;;
KindaOnHiatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:12 am

gotta lav that hair <33

gl guys!
Hey, I'm Wink and I own Goblin Gators!
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snorplo » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:31 am

Name;;
"Cleo, my name is Cleo."
Gender;;
"I'm male."
Song;;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBr7kECsjcQ
Memories;;
The good old days.
When I was a young parra I loved to play. I played everywhere, and every time when I can. Once I went to the deep spooky woods. When I went there I saw some scary things. Rabid raccoons spat. Wild wolves attacked. It was horrible! I was near a raccoon den. They almost attacked me but I ran away. I tripped. I got back up and tried to fly away. The raccoons growled but just walked back home. That was the scariest memory of mine.
Candy? Candy! Candy candy candy candy candy! Yes yes yes! The first time I ate that delicious sweet rock. It was so good! I always wanted to try candy when I was younger. My owner dropped a piece of rock candy on the floor. I ate it when my owner wasn't looking. It was so sweet. Hard candy tastes good! But it's sour, whatever.
Storms. My least favorite thing in the world. Storms are scary. Thunder, lightning, flash floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes. I heard a thunder storm for the first time, it was bad. I was wondering what's happening but I didn't like it. I hid under a blanket for a long time. I was why to sacred when I was young. Once I knew what was happening I wasn't that scared anymore.
💥Drey - He/It💥
snorplo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Master of Nothing » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:20 am

-hhh dropping out, sorry!-
Last edited by Master of Nothing on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:24 am, edited 9 times in total.
quitting cs soon, as soon as I get all my characters rehomed
C:
Master of Nothing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugar Buck » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:38 am

Name;;
Gender;;
Song;;
Memories;;

Ress
Sugar Buck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gold » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:12 am

╒═══════════════════════════════════╕
Hello, so you want to know more about me, do you?

Well, so do I.
But here's what I know about myself so far.
╘═══════════════════════════════════╛

My name is Una; it means "remember,"
or "never forgotten." I find this meaning highly ironic.
My birth gender is female, though I've never quite
identified myself as such. I consider myself a demi-girl.
I can't remember coming to this conclusion, but it just
seems right. I don't quite know who I am, but I've
accepted this identity as a part of me.

A song that I hold close is
Swingset Chain by Loquat. I
love this song; it feels nostalgic, though I can't quite
figure out why. The lyrics really speak to me, it
seems as though it was written about my life!

You're curious what it's like to lose all memories of
growing into your adult self? It's hard being a kid in an
adult body, but I've been doing my best to make it
work! I don't have many memories to explain it,
but I'm more than happy to share the ones I do have!
╒═══════════════════════╕
Swingset Chain - Loquat

There's a playground that we used to run on
The penny-drop that broke her arm
The monkey bars that you fell from
The swingset chain that stuck with my tongue

The imagery of frolicking and playing with my
friends on a playground is one of my most
treasured memories, and these lyrics help offer
me a clear picture of a hazy childhood memory.

If you want to know what that was like
I'll tell you first, it was way too quiet
It rained a hundred nineteen days of the year
I spent my time falling down the stairs
And then I'll have to figure out what to do
I'm kind of afraid I'm co-dependent on you

This chorus reminds me of my dear parents. For
your last memories to be from such a dependent
time in your life and then to awaken and be
thrown into the real world on your own? I can't
even begin to describe how confusing it is, but
these lyrics certainly are a good starting point.

You're a dandelion seed
That flies through the air
And lands randomly
Then disappears

This symbolizes my memories to me. I have a
few clear memories, but many are hazy. They
come every so often, and fade just as quickly
as they come.

I'm freaking out that we've started breaking down
Before momentum picked up
Now all these doors are locked
The trees trick you 'cause they're always standing still
But time is really racing by - you can see it when you drive

I think that this represents how detrimental it can
be to lose everyone close to you before having the
opportunity to say good-bye, or even live out those
relationships to the end. And now they're gone with
no chance of return. The line about the trees reminds
me that no matter how stable something may seem,
you can never know when it'll be gone.

╘═══════════════════════╛

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

It's like waking up at a friend's house after a night out with them. The very moment you wake up, your heart stops. Your thoughts immediately start racing; "this isn't my bed, this isn't my house? Where am I?" Then you remember, your heartbeat slows and your mind is at peace once more.

But I can't remember.

Fading into consciousness, I wiped away a tear from my left eye. Why am I crying? Looking up from the teardrop falling off of my claw, I see a large field of bright green grass bordered by giant purple trees. I'm laying in a patch of grass beneath a single tree surrounded by fields. I don't recognize anything. Where am I? How did I get here?

Confusion takes over, "MOOOM?" I yell into the distance, hoping she'll hear me. I try to sit myself up, but my body is heavier than I remember it being and my legs are more tangled than the branches of the tree above me. Wincing in pain, I manage to sit up. I can't see beyond the tree line, how will my mom see me out here? "MOOOMMMMYYYYY!!!" I scream for her at the top of my lungs. Where is she? I could really use some band-aids right now. My legs are cut really badly and I can hardly see my fur through the wounds anymore. My heart starts pounding and my breath is getting choppy, but I manage to yell once more: "MOOMM?? MOOOMMMYYYY!!!" I look around for a moment, and I feel my heart sink further and further with each second that passes without a response from my mommy.

I laid back beneath the tree. Through it's long, thick purple vines I could see rays of light shine through, though I remained in the shadows. I looked through the branches for hours, watching as the sun went down, and the stars came out. It's nighttime and my mom still hasn't come for me. I wish she were here to read me a story and tuck me in. A nice lullaby could really help me sleep right now.

I finally manage to drift into sleep through my tears by singing myself a lullaby my mom sang to me every night.
Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I awake to a rustling noise behind me. I cannot turn myself around to see what the noise is. It's far, but moving closer. I hear whispers. Whoever it is, they've seen me. I can only hope they will be nice and tell my mommy I'm out here and I need her to bring me some band-aids and my teddy bear, Stuffins.

"Hello?" the voice speaks.
"Hi" I respond, my voice shaking a bit.
"Oh my goodness, are you okay?" The voice asks, as the parrapup who owns it makes their way around my twisted body to meet my face. It's a kind looking woman with a camera around her neck, possibly out photographing the beautiful tree I'm lying under.
"No, my whole body hurts. Can you tell my mommy to come help? And have her bring band-aids and my teddy bear?" I asked the stranger, hoping they could help me.
The stranger looked really confused. It was almost as though she couldn't believe I had just asked that. At a loss for words, she said "How old are you? How did you hurt yourself?"
"I'm four and a half. I don't know what happened, I just woke up here." I said.
I could see the stranger's expression change from confusion to concern. "What's your name? I'm going to call an ambulance for you."
"My name is Una. Please can you tell the doctor to have my mom meet me at the hospital?" I asked the stranger, my spirits a bit higher now. My doctor, Dr. K, lives three houses down from us. Surely he'll tell my mommy to meet us.
"Okay, I will. You just wait here, I'm going to go to the road so I can show the doctors how to get here." The stranger said, as she walked away.

I lay on the ground, picking grass as I waited. I couldn't move my paws far, but I could pick a few peices of grass. I used my claws to tear them in half. On the ground, I made a picture of a heart out of the grass. Inside the heart, I made three figures, two large and one small. My mother, my father, and I. Soon I will see them again. I can only imagine how my mom and dad are out on the streets looking for me. I'll bet they went to all of my neighborhood friends's houses looking for me there, and asking their parents to look for me too. I can see the relief on my mom's face when she gets the call.

I see the stranger come back through the trees, this time with lots of doctors carrying a bed. I look at the doctors, there's three of them. I don't see Dr. K, none of these doctors will know who my mother is! How will mommy know to meet me at the hospital?

I was raised onto the bed and brought back into the ambulance. I asked one of the doctors, the younger man with the kind eyes, "Did you call my mommy and tell her to meet me at the hospital?"

The doctor looked back at me with a sad look in his eyes. He said "Your mom isn't here. She and your dad are in a better place now."
I was shocked. Who would take care of me? Who could I go home to? How did this happen? I asked the doctor, "Did you know them? What happened?"
He said "I treated them last week, they died from injuries in a car crash."
This wasn't possible, I told myself. Just two days ago I was drawing with chalk with my mom while we waited for my dad to get home. Then we all went for ice cream, I remember getting the rainbow cone. "You're lying! I just got ice cream with them two days ago!" I yelled at the doctor. "Call them and tell them I'm at the hospital!"
The doctor continued to speak to me as the other two lifted my bed out of the ambulance. "Have you ever heard of retrograde amnesia? That's when you can't remember things that have happened to you, and sometimes you can lose years of memory if you hit your head hard enough. We think you may have fallen from that tree and hit your head. I'm so sorry you had to find out like this."

As I looked around, nothing was familiar. This wasn't Dr. K's office. The woman at the desk wasn't there. Her bucket of stickers wasn't there either. Instead it was a big room with multiple desks and lots of chairs with people sitting around and waiting their turn to see the doctors. I was so overwhelmed I started to cry. I still hadn't come to understand that my parents were gone, I just didn't know what was happening and I'd never felt so alone in a world of strangers. I was brought into a hospital room and examined by nurses and doctors. I couldn't even think about the pain in my limbs as the examined them, I was only looking at the blank television screen. I could see a reflection in the screen looking back at me. The reflection wasn't my own. It wasn't me. My long, brown braids were not there, and my four year old body wasn't there either. The reflection wasn't me. The reflection was a stranger.

I tried to forget where I was. I thought back to all the fun times I'd had with my mom and dad. I remembered being in the kitchen with my mother one afternoon. She helped me set out a red checkered tablecloth on the kitchen table. We put out a glass drinking cup with water, and I went outside to pick flowers from the garden to put on the table. She helped me spell the dinner options for tonight so I could make menus for my 'restaurant.' I remember writing down 'Grilld chese' and 'tomato soop' on the menus. I made three menus, one for me, my mom, and my dad. I set them out on the table. When my dad came home, I remember how much he loved my restaurant. He thought the soup was really good, and I was so proud of myself for doing such a good job with my restaurant. It was rated five stars!
I remembered playing restaurant with my friends when they came to visit. I set the table out just the same, and all four of us gathered around the table. I had to stand because we only had three chairs at our family table. This time my mom helped us make baked beans and sandwiches. The beans made me have to fart. I didn't want to fart in front of my friends. I remember clenching my butt so tight that the air could never possibly fit through. But somehow it did, and it came out hissing really loudly. I had never had a fart that lasted for so long! All of my friends looked up from their food and started laughing at me! I was so embarrassed! But just then one of my friends spit his beans all over the table from laughing so hard at me! Then everyone started laughing at him! It was really funny! I couldn't help but laugh at the memory!
Baked beans are my favorite food! My Dad used to make the best homemade beans with fresh pulled pork sandwiches. Mmmm. For my fourth birthday, Dad threw a cookout party for the neighbors. I was in the backyard playing '
What time is it, Mr.Fox?' with my friends. It was my turn to be the fox. I could hear my friends' footsteps drawing nearer. Just as I was about to call 'midnight,' my dad yelled over to us that lunch was ready. All of my friends went running over to be the first in line to get a sandwich. I was mad that I didn't get my turn to chase everybody, so I yelled "Midnight!" I ran as fast as I could, and managed to tag my friend's little sister; she was a bit slower than the older kids.

"Hey! That's not fair! I'm not playing anymore!" She argued.
"Yes it is, it's my birthday and I make the rules!" I responded without hesitation
"But that's not how you play the game!" She retorted
Angry that she wasn't listening to me, I tagged her again. A little bit harder. Okay, a lot harder. "You're the fox now."

"UNA!" Mom yelled at me. I knew I was in trouble. Ears drooping and legs shaking, I walked over to her. "Say you're sorry."
"But mom, I tagged her and she won't be the fox!" I tried to make my mom understand, but she wouldn't listen either.
"Are you going to apologize for hitting her?" My mom asked, in a deeper, angrier tone than I'd ever heard her speak to me before.
"No, because I didn't hit her. I tagged her!" I tried to reason with my mom, but some people just don't seem to get it.
"Una, I think it's time for your nap." My mother said, dragging me back inside the house despite my cries for mercy.

Back in my room, I started to cry because she was being so mean to me. And on my birthday too! I just wanted to go outside and play with my friends. "Mom, please can I go outside? Do I have to take a nap?"
"Yes, Una, you have to take a nap. When you're better rested you can come back outside to play."
"Mommy, will you sing me a song?" I asked

I remembered my mom's face as she sat over me, and I remembered the soft tone of her voice, she always sang so beautifully. I remembered the song she sang to me that night, and began singing it to myself.

Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all

To the peaceful memory of my favorite lullaby, my mind faded into sleep.

I want nothing more than to roll down this hill. I would die happy if I could just-
No.

No, I will walk like a normal adult. I have to teach myself how to behave in public, but I don't like it. I just want to act like a kid again - but I can't. I feel as though my mind is at war with my heart. The simplest desires, like swinging on the playground, rolling down a hill, or walking on the curb like a tightrope - are no longer mine to enjoy. As if adjusting to this new life wasn't already hard enough, this is just the icing on the cake. Every time I have to tell myself no, my mind grows stronger, but my heart and spirit grow weaker. Is this how growing up works? Your spirit dies so that your mind may live on?

As I continue walking down the hill, I watch the other adults walking below me. They look robotic. The adult-bot wears no expression, it is only programmed to perform the necessary functions - walk, eat, work, clean, sleep. This is what I must become in order to be 'accepted' by the others. I hate them for this. Why can't I be happy and be taken seriously? I decide I can no longer look at them, I can't bear to think about it anymore.

The bright blue eyes I had as a child have faded. Much like my bright spirit, they've grown cold. My icy blue eyes
seem to ward off others. I watch as people walk on the other side of the street to avoid walking my way. Slumping
down on a nearby bench, I wonder to myself, "What is so wrong with me? Why won't anyone speak to me?"

I feel the bench droop slightly. Looking up, I see a green parra sitting next to me. He has hair tufted along his back like the plates on a stegosaurus. He's far too old to play dino dress-up, yet he doesn't seem to mind the looks he gets.

"Hello, I'm Marsh!" He says cheerfully, looking over at me and catching my eyes before I awkwardly divert them.
"My name is Una." I say, with much less enthusiasm than him.
"What's bothering you?" He asks, trying to spark a conversation.
"I don't want to be an adult. I don't know how." I say, hoping he'll have some advice, though he isn't an adult yet either.
"Who does?" He responds, chuckling lightly

For the first time in days, I shared a genuine laugh with someone. For the first time, someone managed to see me through my icy blue eyes.

"I'm feeling ice cream, you?" asked Marsh
"Is that even a question?" I responded
He brought back two heaping bowls of chocolate ice cream with chocolate fudge, handed me a bowl, and sat next to me on his living room couch.
"Wow, won't your parents be mad if they find out you've spoiled your dinner?" I asked Marsh.

"Actually, I don't have parents. I'm an orphan, I've been on my own my whole life." He said, showing no emotion, which was odd for him, he'd always been so cheery.
"I'm sorry that happened, my parents just passed away. Funny thing is, I can't remember their passing."
"Oh, I'm so sorry! But I have to wonder, how can you not remember something like that?" Marsh looked up from his bowl and looked at me with a very confused look "I feel like that's something you don't usually forget so soon."
"I hit my head and lost all memories beyond the age of four and a half. The last thing I remember of my parents was getting ice cream with them." I began to nervously stir my chocolate fudge into my ice cream. It was nice to have someone to talk to about this, but the anticipation of his reaction made my stomach drop. I could feel a lump forming in my throat, so I took a huge bite of ice cream in an attempt to soothe it.
"I don't know what to say. That's terrible!" Marsh responded, and tried to make light of the situation, as he always did; "But hey, growing up sucks. If it's any consolation, at least you dodged a bullet on that one."
I swallowed my ice cream, it was oddly comforting. "Well, not necessarily. Now I have to grow up on my own."
"Join the club. It can get lonely, but you'll get through it!" Marsh said, placing a comforting paw on my arm
"I just don't want to be alone." I said, and I could feel the lump in my throat grow rapidly.
"Well, then let's be alone together."
I raised my head and looked him in the eye "Alone together!" I agreed, nodding my head in his direction

Marsh and I walked through a strip mall, browsing all of the clothing. There are parras everywhere, a few weeks ago I would've felt very alone and overwhelmed by the strangers around me. But with Marsh by my side I feel much more confident and secure. As we walk by the window displays, I feel as though I'm in a museum looking at clothing from another time. These clothes are nothing like the styles I'm familiar with. But Marsh seems absolutely captivated by them.
"I absolutely love the color on that dress! Oh, and the neckline on that shirt is awesome!" He exclaims, practically running from window to window, and pointing through the glass like a child in a toy store.
"You really know your clothing fashions, don't you?"
"Oh, thanks! I'd certainly like to think so, I want to be a fashion designer some day!" He says, eyes glimmering with pride.
"That's cool! I'm sure you'll make some great designs some day!" I said, "I'd love to see your work some time!"
He looked at me with a mischievous grin from ear to ear "How about now? Let's get you a nice new outfit!" He said, pulling me by the wrist inside the small boutique.
"These clothes all look so different from the ones I used to know," I said, looking around, and pawing at an asymmetrical black and white coat. "but I kinda like them!"
"A lot can happen in twenty years!" Marsh said, half-jokingly
"So what all have I missed?" I asked
Marsh chuckled, well "Children's cartoons suck now, they're nothing like the ones you knew as a kid. A black and blue dress took over the internet. And then Miley Cyrus broke the internet when she stuck out her tongue on TV. I think that's all the important stuff..."
"Dang, the past twenty years sound really eventful," I joked, smiling at Marsh's incredible knack for making fun of everyday things, "I wish I could've been there for it."
"Close your eyes!" he said, "and hold out your paws!"
I was not expecting him to hand me as much as he did, I nearly dropped the pile of clothing he handed me! In an attempt to catch everything, my eyes instinctually popped open.

"Try that on for size!" He kidded, with a look of pride on his face
In the dressing room, I finally managed to figure out how everything
was layered. I took a good look in the mirror, the outfit he picked out
was wonderful! I turned myself around and looked from every angle. I
looked good. I walked out to show Marsh, "Thank you, I love it!" I felt
confident in myself and my new body for the first time thanks to him!
The colors were great, and the shape of the clothes just seemed fitting.

"Yeah, I thought that would look good on you! You look great!"
He said, clearly happy to have been able to help me.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Marsh!
Thank you so much!"

"Una, I have something I need to tell you!" Marsh said, with a look of absolute elation spread across his face. "I got a job as a fashion designer! I sent my work out to a few places and I got it!"
"Oh my gosh, that's awesome Marsh! You'll do great! Tell me more!" I was so happy for my new friend, this was truly his dream job!
"I'll be interning for an up-and-coming designer! She has some fashion shows coming up soon and I'll be starting out tailoring her designs for the models, but it'll be great experience for me and I know I can easily move up the ranks!" He said, nearly crying from excitement. "this is something I've wanted to do since I was a kid!" His smile started to droop a bit, and I could see a bit of conflict spread across his face as he said "But, if I take the job, I'll have to move to the city."
I was crushed, I felt as though a ton of bricks had just been dumped on my head. This was an amazing opportunity for my close friend, but the thought of losing him was almost too much to bear. I'd come so far with his help, and I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye yet, but I knew I couldn't keep him here for me. "That's awesome, you should take it!"
"You really think so?" He asked, "I've never been to the city but I've always wanted to go!"
"Absolutely, it sounds perfect for you!" I said, swallowing the lump in my throat in an attempt to hide my sadness.

I could feel my feathers ruffle as the trains zipped by. The station was busy, parras were walking from terminal to terminal with their loved ones, and many others were standing around waiting for their train to pull in to the station. I sat on a bench next to Marsh. I watched as the wind from the trains passing ruffled his tufts of fur. The station was very loud, parra's conversations, automated messages over the intercom, and the sounds of the trains braking on their way into the station were all amplified by the dome shape of the terminal roof. But regardless of all the background noises, all I could think about was Marsh. It was as though we were the only two in the station. My heart was heavy with the thought of losing him, but the weight was lessened when I looked over to him. He appeared genuinely excited, this was huge for him. I'm not happy that he's leaving, but how can I be upset when my dearest friend is being given such an opportunity?

"I'm going to miss you, you know that?" I said, my voice shaking slightly. I could feel the tears welling up, and did all I could to stop myself from showing him. He needed to know that I'd be okay without him. He needed to concentrate on excelling, not worrying about me back home.
"How could I not? I'll miss you too!" He said, "You should come visit me some day, I'll give you front row seats to my first fashion show!"
"That would be wonderful, Marsh! I hope everything works out for you!"

I watched as a large, red steam train pulled into the station and slowed to a stop in front of us. It seemed to stretch on for miles. There were many passenger cars attached to it. I could see through the dark green windows that there were many cushioned benches with a yellow and green pattern. "Well, this is my train." I could hear Marsh say, but I couldn't process what was being said. I couldn't believe the time had come. I had been kidding myself about Marsh leaving. I knew it was happening, but I couldn't process the thought that he'd be gone so soon.
"Una, I just want you to know, we can still be alone together even when I'm not here. I'm only a train ride away." Marsh said, "Please do come and visit me soon!"
"I will, I absolutely will!"

As Marsh got up to walk toward the train, I wanted nothing more than to cling to his leg like a child. I wanted to cling to him and tell him 'No.' I wanted nothing more than to -
No.

I will be an adult about this. I will stand here and say goodbye to my friend with dignity.

"Goodbye Marsh!" I yelled after him as he raised himself onto
the first step of his assigned train car.

He turned and looked over his shoulder at me. I had never seen
Marsh cry before, he was the happiest kid I'd ever known. But now,
I could see tears welling up in his eyes and I could hear his voice
shaking terribly as he looked me in the eyes and said
"Remember Me!"

It took every last fiber of my being to speak through my tears;
"I will!"

Hidden Symbolisms:
The Wisteria Tree
Though Una cannot remember it's name, the purple tree featured in her story is in fact a wisteria tree. I chose this tangled, bright beauty not only for it's decorative factor but for the meaning behind it as well. A wisteria tree has many meanings in literature, but one in particular was 'memory.' Losing her grip in the tree ultimately caused her to lose her memory, so I thought this meaning was fitting. Another symbolism associated with the wisteria is 'victory over hardship.' I wanted this story to not only convey Una's traumatic loss of memory, but I wanted to show how she managed to overcome all of the obstacles and learn to become an adult once more.

Rock-A-Bye Baby
This one is not quite as subtle as the wisteria tree, but worth mentioning. When choosing a lullaby to feature in her story, this was the first to come to mind. The imagery of her mother singing of her baby falling from a tree was all too good for me to pass up. Especially in the first section, before the plot is revealed, I hoped this would add some foreshadowing.

Thank you for reading.

Credits

Image Image ImageImageImageImageImage
xxx
xx
x
i
xix
xxi

ImageImagexxImagexxxxi
by MissDipp -- Font Used

Thanks to *free* for the critique!
Pixel borders, coding, pixel art, writing, and anything else left uncredited is by me
Last edited by gold on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:13 am, edited 76 times in total.
she/her -- polya gay -- infp -- comrade

ImageImageImage
gold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me