Re: Anniversary Kalon - Reed

Postby SFA_R » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━━━━┓

username:
SarcasticFallenAngel
name:
Aesir

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

I lay there and just take a moment to feel. The wind grazes my skin and ruffles my hair, the smell of nature fills my lungs and as I watch the sky I am in awe of how beautiful and breathtaking the planet is, but we tend to forget it or take it for granted.

The clouds always catch my attention, forms shifting and molding into figures I make sense of. Sometimes they evoke a past memory that is still ever present in my mind, and at other times they send me through bouts of inspiration and fantasy.

I often find myself daydreaming with my eyes lost in the sky yet faraway from it into the world of "what if"s. I think about what would happen if our fantastical stories of medival times, wizards and dragons were true. What if I was to one day wake up and find that I'm able to see just beyond the veil of rationallity.

And at that point the thought of the universes vastness takes over. We are but a mere breath in the continuum space time, nothing but a blink in the life of galaxy. At times nihilism accompanies me throughout these thoughts, but on other's I think about how it's taken thousands of millions of years for the planet, the universe, to settle into a set of conditions in which our lives have been possible and can be sustained. How we've lucked out or maybe destined to appear at such a moment in this specific planet in the galaxy and dimension and while maybe nothing has a real purpose, we can make a purpose for ourselves.

With that in mind, I reel back to more mundane thoughts, like assignments I have to do and commissions to finish. I question what relevance they have and then remember just as myself they are but a passing moment that may amount for something bigger and settle with simply getting them done.

I take one more moment to admire everything one again, feel the grass beneath me, hear the birds singing, the warmth on my skin from the sun's kiss. One day I will belong to the earth in laying on which has seen me grown and eventually see me undone like many others for millenia, and I find it both pessimistic and oddly relaxing, maybe even alluring. We're part of a natural cycle that will continue till the end of our days as a species and surely till the end of the earth's cycle, of there even is an end to it.

But anyways, there's things to be done, memories to make and assignments for the next day, so I get up and head home.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
SFA_R

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiraeth + hound » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:03 am

to end any confusion, this adopt did close at april 10th at 11:59 pm. any entries made or edited after that time will be invalid! i'm about halfway done with the forms, so I'll make another post after this with the winner.
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiraeth + hound » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:29 am

okay! sorry it took me a while to judge this, every time i'd sit down to do it i'd get a little emotional lol, call me soft, or childish, but i also personally have a very strong connection to nature. since moving into the middle of nowhere, only surrounded by fields, and then the treeline of miles of woods, that feeling of just letting go is one that moves me very deeply. i wish this wasnt a contest, because i dont want any of you that didnt win/get an hm/etc. to feel like you lost anything at all. im very thankful all of you took the time out of your days to reflect on your moments of peace and alone time, and it was lovely getting to see the different ways all of you think about those moments, and what you may do with the inspiration that it gives you. i hope in your hard times you can all get to your places of escape and ground yourself like you may need to in tough times.

now that im done being soft, here are the HM winners!

76heart, uwu., the spoopy gengar, SilhouetteStation, planiteri,Sixbane, saralaxy, Thani, DragonofEmber, puddssoul, Sneky, artemis, cece., crumpled wings, dolly, moondust405, Ethulai, messenger, Half Tree, lysander, Bloth Hoondr, Irrylath, SarcasticFallenAngel

and last but not least, our adopt winner!

lavender towns

this entry made me bawl, so much so that i had to have a couple people help me judge this contest afterwards because i didn't know if they'd all make me cry like this lol i sincerely hope that one day you go out to that field, and play with your dog again. and if you do, i'd love to know about your experience and if it was just like old times.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌──────────────────┐

no longer active
avatar - saturnus . sig art - wolberdan
commissions

| DA | I G |

└──────────────────┘

hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:34 am

im crying dog tysm,,, i wasn't sure abt my entry but i'm really glad you liked it 😭😭😭 i usually go out in the summer w/ my dog so i'll let u kno for sure if i do this year <3 and congrats to all the hm winners as well ! there were a lot of cool entries and i'm sure it was hard to judge!
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpicratesPictus » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:43 am

Congrats, and thank you for the hm.
EpicratesPictus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumilys » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:59 am

big congrats to lavender towns and all the hm winners!! your forms were beautiful!
lumilys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vanilla bean. » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 am

thank you so much for the hm, and congrats to lavender towns on the new bb!! <3

hey there, i'm abi!