Re: Rise | #1338

Postby Hengst » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:30 pm

This is the first half of the form. Please refer to Chimericect's half of the form to see the story completed!

username: Hengst
    cat name: Mambashade
    clan: Plagueclan

prompt: Darkness enshrouded the two lithe forms crouched in the shadows, their muscles rippling with young blood and energy which seemed to pulse from the tips of their tails to the wicked points of their claws. Eyes glinted like jewels in the darkness as they surveyed the scene before them.

One, with a rosetted coat as black as the inkiness encompassing them, nudged the heterochromatic tabby bicolor beside him and nodded solemnly. There was no nonsense reflected in the former's gaze, and the latter seemed just as somber. The mission on which they had formerly agreed to was nothing to joke about. Tonight was a revolution! The thick tension hovered about the pair ominously as they waited, waited. Then, their target appeared. An unspoken clock rung in the pair's mind, and they charged out from the brush with war cries ringing through the air. The target lifted his ears, bared his teeth, and yowled out his own challenge in return. However, it was cut short by the tabby's paw slamming into his windpipe as he was thrown to the ground.

"What is the meaning of this? Release your leader this instant, fools!" the pinned cat shrieked, his eyes fiery with bloodlust. The charcoal rosette hissed as he glanced up at the cats quickly forming a ring around them, and then glared back down at their captor.

"I don't think you're in the place to be calling us fools," he continued softly. His voice carried no trace of a threat, yet icy dread crept up the spines of all who heard it. This was the voice of hate so strong that it cannot be properly expressed. The kind of hate that could drive even the kindness of souls to murder. It even silenced the enraged tom pinned beneath his partner.

"What do we do now, Mambashade?" the she-cat whispered aside to him. A look of consideration flickered over his face before he turned to the cats who were bristling all around. He gestured with the tip of his tail to them, and she laughed without mirth. "What, you think I haven't noticed them? You know me better than that."

"This is true," he admitted with a heavy sigh before lifting his angular head. Mambashade was a handsome cat, with sleek muscle adorning his glossy coat and a pair of daring hazel eyes which had seen far more than the usual hunting patrol, but tonight he seemed bunched up and tense. This was understandable, but it did nothing to improve the opinions of the clan. Some looked about ready to slit throats, while others seemed conflicted on which side to be on. Clearing his throat, the rosetted tom spoke out in a robust voice to his audience.

"Behold, our beloved leader." The emphasis he put on the word 'beloved' sent spit to the forest floor, and some cringed away. Even the tabby seemed anxious at his behavior. "Thornstar has been a tyrant to our home long enough. Abusing the weak, manipulating the strong, and ruling with an iron paw doomed to someday break. Today, we do not only break his hold on our dignities. We SHATTER it! Eaglesight and I are off to found our own clan, where the strongest warriors and the smallest kits alike are treated with the respect they rightly deserve. Tell me, then. Who's side are you on tonight? Because, the way I see it, only half of us are leaving tonight."

"Mambashade!" shrieked the she-cat as a solid black cat with blazing emerald eyes launched themselves at the speaker's head. His gaze flashed up, and he dropped to the ground and rolled over to gash his claws deep into the cat's exposed belly. Another howl split the night in two, and all at once, there was chaos. Blood flew through the air, and Eaglesight released her hold on the tyrannical leader to defend herself from the nasty-tempered deputy, Greyfang, who had knocked the wind from her in a wild stampede of rage in her general direction. Thornstar grinned cruelly as he joined the fight. For a tense few minutes, it seemed like those loyal to Thornstar had an advantage. It consisted of mostly his powerful underlings who could bowl a duck from the sky with a single hefty swipe, and he was confident in their ability to destroy the silly cats who desired to rebel. But, before long, the mass of those who had changed to the side of Eaglesight and Mambashade were pulling themselves bravely to victory.

The tabby and the rosetted cats fought as one, back to back, as claws and teeth and bodies flew at them. Wounds. Agonizing, scarring wounds everywhere. The she-cat could feel a deep trio of grooves in her back from a cowardly sneak attack, and still more adorned her legs. The tom, on the other hand, could sense the injuries in his back legs, and swipe marks along his shoulder stung with pain. Greyfang had managed to nick his cheek, and he thanked Starclan for not losing his eye. Eaglesight, on the other hand, suffered a worse fate.

"Look out!" the massive cat roared, but Thornstar was already on top of her. Blinding agony left her seeing out of only her lake blue eye. For a terrifying moment, she thought she would no longer be able to see, but Mambashade yanked the tyrant away by the scruff, and a quick shake of her head revealed a painful but reliving truth... her eye was well intact.

In half a moon shift, the fight was over. Thornstar limped backwards, his words spitting fire, with Greyfang and his followers close behind. "Go, then! You win! Our clan does not need weak blood!" Then they were gone, and for a crushing moment there was silence.

Mambashade was the one who broke it with a cheeky smile. "You're gonna have some awesome scars, y'know."

Eaglesight smirked and kicked him playfully. "I could say the same for you!"

They and their followers soon disappeared into the night. [1,000/1,000 words]
Last edited by Hengst on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hengst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Namida_☾ » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 am

My partner is drift.

username: Namida_☾
cat name: Carbonstorm
clan: Lotusclan

prompt:
    "Life is full of joy and love, but also full of sadness and great loss. This story shows only a few examples..."
    It was a more or less normal leaf bare. A strange sickness caught my clan. It was a bit similar to greencough, but it wasn't green cough. Nobody could tell what it was or where it came from, but this sickness caused several deaths. It was a rather normal morning. I was just with the elders to bring their new bedding when I heard a shrill bright scream. Immediately I ran out of the building and saw a coyote holding a poor cub in its mouth. I jumped on the coyote and he dropped the boy, who immediately ran totally disturbed to his mother and siblings. Already I heard more coyotes coming from not too far away. "I wish Otterwhisker was here now," but this was just on patrol with the other warriors who had not yet caught the disease. Some of the backward warriors who were not so weak weakened quickly from their burrow as the rest of the coyotes arrived. We were outnumbered and in part we fought a cat against two coyotes. Several moans echoed in our camp, but one stood out. My sister's. I turned my head to see that she was being attacked by two coyotes at the same time, but before I could act I was seized by a coyote myself. As I turned to the coyote and tried to fight off, I saw from the corner of my eye how my sister could free herself from one of the coyotes and one of the other Kriger jumped to her side. Only then did I realize that it was one of the warriors who had been on patrol. I looked around as I fought another coyote to look for Otterwhisker. He and I fought against these fox hearts to save our leader Pinestar. But...we were too late and Pinestar was too weak. I touched Otterwhisker slightly with my paw. I hadn’t to say anything. He understood my silent message. We fought about an eternity and our whole camp looked like it was covered in blood. But for now we had fought for our Clan and had chased the coyotes off. But we all knew that they would come back. That it wasn't safe there anymore without Pinestar to lead us.
extra: Edit: No thanks! Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Namida_☾ on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
──────────
Namida (she/xe/caw/he)
Image Image

──────────
tomorrow

──────────
timezone: cest
technically: artist

──────────
──────────

─────────────────
is nearly yesterday

and everyday
─────────────────

[url]commission card[/url]
toyhouse
artfight
Art is my own! Do not use!

─────────────────

──────────
is stupid

──────────
credit
──────────
──────────
Namida_☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gingy Tea » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:28 am

Found a partner
Last edited by Gingy Tea on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello Lovelies!
Married to Easternwolf 10/29/2017
We trade unfairly at times.
Please do not ban us!
x

Charles Bukowski wrote:
.“Understand me.
I'm not like an ordinary world.
I have my madness,
I live in another dimension
And I do not have time for things
That have no soul."

xxxxx
xxxxxxxxImagexxxImagexx.xImage xx Image
Gingy Tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:34 am

res
partners with ajax!
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:30 pm

username: yuroshi
cat name: Wraithsong
clan: Oddclan
partner:Peachy Tea

prompt:
Form found hereImage
by PeachyTea
Last edited by Yuroshi on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solas » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:59 am

Extended to February 7th, 11:59 pm EST
solas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elliad. » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:30 am

Collab with basketcase

username: Viktor Nikiforov
cat name: Sheeptuft
clan: Thornclan

Prompt: Here
Elliad.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:15 pm

hawklight and newtfang's story • partner: crim.xx
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:43 am

Hey guys! I'm very sorry that judging took so long; solas was super busy during the past month, so I decided to finish judging to help both of us out!

In two entries, I especially loved the character development and how the forms flowed, so I will be awarding an HM to Mythz! [the other user did not receive an HM because they quit Rise]

One form really stood out to solas and I, and we loved how deep and thoughtful the writing was, and now real the emotion felt. Due to special circumstances, Micki. tried out for both cats with the intention of one going to her partner, so this cat will be going to Micki. Congratulations!

Micki. wrote:
      username: Micki.
      cat name: Newtfang
      clan: Bearclan
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me