Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby BoomARat » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:32 am

Prompt 11 _ Carmelita Hoséa

The creature was hostile at first, but it seemed interested in
one of our Rooster member...Carmelita Hoséa?!
Leaving CS
BoomARat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hojicha » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:34 am

Uh-oh. Looks like that wasn[code]'t a real tresure chest. It was a mimic. Those pesky beast are always luring adventurers in!
How is your hero going to deal with this one...

Prompt 11
Kalons used: Pix and Lyra

Just as they pried the lid of the chest open, the woodwork began to ripple and its shape became distorted.
"Get back!" Lyra yelled, pushing Pix to the ground. "I've heard of this before, they are called mimics and have properties of transformation that they use to lure in travelers." The chest turned a pitch black and long arm like appendages began protruding from it.
"I've got this one Ly." said Pix and the two Kalons shared a nod with one another. Pix reached into his robe, pulling out a long dark staff with a dancing blue light at the top. He held it in both his paws over head. "By the power of the celestial light spirit, I summon strength!" He yelled, feeling the powers coursing through his entire body. The top of the staff exploded in a white light, blinding the two Kalons and washing over the landscape. Then they heard an awful scream that did not belong to any kalon or animal. When the light had subsided all that was left of the mimic was a pile of fine ash on the ground.
"Geez Pixel," said Lyra "you sure do seem like a kit sometimes but you are a force of nature." Pix grinned and the two started back down the path from where they had come.
hi there! I am trying out a new username right now, hojicha. I was previously fariel and I'd appreciate if no one used that username just to avoid any confusion, thanks! <3

she/her pronouns
gemini
birthday: june 3

Ask me about commissions/art trades
note to self: krita, medibang, ps
xxx
xxx

hojicha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumoonwolf » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:36 am

PROMPT 11
    A sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ ᴇɴᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴇʀ!

"Uh-oh. Looks like that wasn't a real treasure chest. It was a mimic. Those pesky beast are always luring adventurers in!
    How is your hero going to deal with this one...
    "

Kalons being used;; Fir
    Quest Response;

Hot. And. Miserable.
    The only two adjectives worthy enough for this forsaken, desolate land.
    She hadn't gone far from her last stop- a little adventure that turned out to be both a waste of time and a lesson in manners. If the heat hadn't warped her bow, or the scorching ground burning her paws every time she took a step, or if the air was actually breathable perhaps she wouldn't be in such a foul mood.
    But alas.

So she groaned and mumbled a few choice words as she continued her journey.
    It was only moments later that the air around her changed. Strangely, she realized with her fur prickling in unease, that it felt.. colder. She shifted her bag that lay across her should and stopped, looking around. Where she was expecting to see a pair of eyes, or perhaps a lurking shadow, she saw...

The chest.

As fast as she had seen it she whipped back around. Not this time; she had learned her lesson with those stupid things. But ignoring the thing seemed to come at a price- every step of hers, she heard two shuffles from behind. And though she had never turned around again, progress was made slow as she stopped every few steps, preparing for the attack that hadn't come even though the chest was only feet away. It was close enough to spot all the same marks and rust from the chest she had seen earlier- it had to be the same one. This time, however, she wasn't playing any games.

With a sudden twisting moment she pulled her bow into her hands and drew back an arrow aimed directly at the chest's latch. If any part of an inanimate chest monster would be vulnerable, perhaps that'd be it. There was no immediate reaction from the chest... and she realized within a moment that perhaps it wasn't impressed. Her bow was nearly a right angle at this point, and the bowstring was fraying.
    She heard a creaking sound, like the murmur of a wood under the stress of too much weight and she stilled. It was laughing at her.

Huffing, she pulled out her potions, deciding that it was no longer a waste the minute the chest opened its lid, rusted hinges squeaking into a note that went above her range of hearing. Suddenly part of the chest morphed into an arm-like shape, sticky and undetachable as she tried to squirm herself out of it's grasp. It was creaking again- no, laughing again, when Fir unscrewed the cork of her first potion. It was old- one of her first brews- but it did the job, burning through the arm like acid dissolves an apple. Wasting no time she threw the old bottle away, and reached for another one. She hadn't marked what they did yet, so if it was benevolent or malevolent was all luck of the draw.

The chest now seemed hesitant to move forward again; it had returned to its normal form except that a hole seemed punched through it. She stepped forward, ready to continue the battle, except something else took her attention- chickens.
    Their feathery forms darted through her legs and around her, sweeping her forward in a wave. It was chaos as the chickens, who she realized were the ones from before, had wanted to reclaim their self-declared nest: the chest.

The mimic had never stood a chance.
    Chickens sweeped it from all sides, pecking and squawking in a fury. They were blazing (quite literally) with anger as they swarmed the monster, and it was quickly enveloped in a ball. Even small little hatchlings were fighting their part, pecking where they could glimpse exposed wood.
    The mimic finally gave up- creaking open it's lid, it threw out something wooden, and Fir glimpsed the glint of coins as they went sailing through the air.

The mimic vanished at it had before- dissolving into dust that seemed to blow away.
    As Fir went to scoop up the coins, she saw that the monster had thrown a new chest, probably a stolen good from some unfortunate kalon. The chickens and their families nestled right in, finally clucking in contentedness. To thank the warriors, Fir ripped off some of her scarf, leaving it as a peace offering for the chickens and their nest.
    Fir left all the more wiser.
    Never mess with fire chickens.
    (735 words)
    I hope you have a lovely day/night <3
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[prompt 11]

Postby Mima » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:45 am

The reveal that the chest was a mimic was almost as unexpected as the contents in the first place.

Furin jumped as the broken shards of chest leaped out at him. Luckily for him, none of them managed to hit him. The mimic didn't look too happy that he had so casually smashed a hole in its "skull", and rapidly lunged at the pair, gnashing its gross mimic-y teeth.

Nameless leapt up at a moment's notice, pelting the thing with a bunch of knives. However, these easily clinked off the surface, the ones that did manage to get stuck popping out immediately. Soon, the break in the creature's top half healed itself too. Great, so it could regenerate. The black Kalon growled, leaping backwards. They would have to think of some sort of plan, but it wouldn't be easy to deal with it considering how quickly it seemed to be able to regrow its parts-

All in one movement, Furin lifted the chest into the air. He didn't seem all too concerned that it had just sprouted teeth and was trying to attack him. Then, before either it or Nameless could react to this feat of pure and blind idiocy, the adolescent tossed the chest several feet aside into a waiting pool of lava. The wooden creature screeched as it burned away, helpless to escape the pool of molten rock.

"Seriously, who uses a wooden treasure chest in a place like this? That was inevitable. Oh well, at least I got my cool Pokemon card."

"...I think that's counterfeit too, Furin. It has that gross pinwheel holo like on those fake Yu-Gi-Oh cards. It's not even a good fake."

At this accusation from Nameless, the Kalon's ears lowered. He couldn't have any nice things ever.

[295 words]

it's a dream that's not like a dream-

intp 5w6 | roleplays | any pronouns
dragon game | neopets | toyhou.se
Mima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sanara » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:48 am

Prompt Eleven
Featuring :: Zachary, Vanyel, Dunkin
Last edited by Sanara on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
Sanny // They/Them
X
Sanara-Nara#6603
My Toyhouse.se
My Deviantart
Warrens Across Regions
x
Happy Pride, Y'all!
Sanara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

too stubborn

Postby skylark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:48 am

username; skylark
kalons featured; Samosett Bastion Jacqueline

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
story [writing]

As Samosett, Bastion, and Jacqueline were making their way through the forest to Jacqueline's home, they found the chest. Lodged under a tree. Bastion was very happy that they had found it, being stingy as he was-- Samosett was intrigued, but Jacqueline knew it may have be a trick. Bastion happily approached the chest expecting treasure, when it suddenly opened on its own and lunged out a large tongue-like structure. Bastion leaped back, and Samosett ran into Jacqueline's arms. "Oh the poor dear, I told you!"
Bastion sneered. He hated when she was right.
He whipped out his dagger immediately and began to try to fight the beast, but it was.. quite strong. He was impressed.
Shaken up, he lifted himself from the ground and tried to get near it. Its long tongue, though, kept whipping him down. He needed help.

Jacqueline put Samosett back down softly, and observed. "Need help?"
"No!"
Bastion struggled more, and soon his dagger blade shot right off its handle.
"..Are you sure?"
Bastion made some angry noise and leaped back to the two.
"No.. Just walk past it,,, It can stay under that tree."
-He angrily took one of them under each of his arms and stopped away towards their original destination. He will never admit when he needs help.-
Last edited by skylark on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSMintCat » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:49 am

Prompt #11 with Cody.
(188 words.)

It was a good thing that Cody hadn't actually touched the chest before the mimic revealed its true form. The sudden appearance of what looked like teeth and arms caused him to leap back a surprising distance, a loud scream erupting from his throat. The drastic change of circumstances had pretty much erased all the confidence that Cody had mustered up for the time being, and the bob-tailed Kalon was now shaking in his metaphorical boots. He tried not to make eye contact (... were those the mimic's eyes? Who knows.) as he slowly backed away, gaze cast on the floor as he blindly scrabbled to reach for his bag.

The moment his hand made contact with one of the shoulder straps, the mimic leaped forward. With a strangled scream, Cody swung the bag upon reflex, hitting the mimic squarely on its... Head? Nonetheless, the strength of the hit managed to send the creature flying back a few feet, rolling a to a stop at the edge of a lava pool. Luckily, that gave Cody enough time to be able to quickly turn tail and make a hasty retreat.

Last edited by CSMintCat on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Carnations » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:52 am

Prompt 11
    Feat. Jaden
    *rUN
Carnations

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby King Andre » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:58 am

"Crap!"

The group said as they sprung away from the mimic which was pretending to be a treasure chest. It's powerful jaws attempt to clamp around the hand of Donn who had tried to reach inside. He'd managed to barely escape having his arm severed, but now the party of three had to dispatch of the beast. They were a ways away from the nearest town, so getting injured badly here would spell bad news for them, so all of them knew caution was of the highest importance.

Donn accessed the threat: it was rather large, with metal like jaws that could probably crush the trunk of a tree. It sprouted long, appendages from its side and legs, so that it looked sort of like an upright spider; with a large body at its center with comparatively skinny legs and arms. It would be best to avoid its arms and jaws, so the focus would have to be on its legs.

This meant that Anthony would be essential in the battle as he was the only one with ranged attacks. There was one problem however, the 16 year old had exhausted a large sum of his mana, the mystical force that allowed him to practice magic, on trying to open the chest in the first place. Now the creature was awake and the group didn't know the terrain, so they couldn't risk running away or else they may fall into a pit of gas or magma.

Anthony keeled the ground, palms on the large arcane book which contained an array of spells. A red, mist like energy surrounded him as he attempted to recover his mana.

"You two hold it off till I can cast spells!"

Abel and Donn leaped into action in sync, avoiding the long, hard metallic arms of the beast. Abel rolled into close range, dodging ground shaking blows with the agility of a dancer, while Donn deflected and swung at it from mid range with his great-sword. The monk threw several jabs at its legs, pivoting his torso and putting mild body force into his blows, which caused it to stagger but never tumbled it. The creature aimed another blow at Abel, who caught it with his fists, however the result this time was different.

The creatures tentacle like appendages grew around and enveloped his hand, and the monk's eyes widened with shock before he was tossed into the ground at blinding speed.

Using the opportunity, Donn sprung forward and slashed the monster on its back with his ebony blade, leaving a large gash. It spun around to retaliate however the warrior was already out of range. As it did, a blur swept in and delivering a kick to the back of its legs, causing it to stumbled forward and fall on its chest-like body. Abel gave a look of smug satisfaction as it did, wiping dirt and grit off his shoulder, with superficial cuts and scratches over his body.

Donn and Abel would engage the beast again and again head on, however, whatever they cut or hit, only seemed to heal eventually, and as the battle went on their own stamina dwindled. Even worse, they had little stamina to begin with when the battle started from traveling and then spending energy trying to open the chest.

Finally Anthony yelled from across the battle field;

"Get back! I'm ready!"

The monk and warrior leaped backwards from the beast, as Anthony stood up and dropped the heavy book on the ground, causing it to shake. His eyes glowed white, and a crimson arcane energy surrounded his lean form.

"Oερμαινόμενη διαγραφή." He muttered in a forgotten language, and the clouds in the sky parted to reveal a large ball of energy, it super-heated the air around it and even the ground below became many times hotter than it was. The group scattered as the sphere of arcane fire headed for the ground with a divine force, and as it did it caused a large explosion that could be seen for miles away.

Their ears rung, and dust particles and the remains of the monster fell from the sky as their eyes adjusted to the blinding light which followed. Shaking themselves, Donn looked to the little boy with a mixed expression of fear and pride.

"Little bit of over-kill, don't you think?"
Last edited by King Andre on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UltimateKitty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 am

prompt 11

❝ Uh-oh. Looks like that wasn't a real tresure chest. It was a mimic. Those pesky beast are always luring adventurers in!
How is your hero going to deal with this one... ❞
starring: the squad™

dey on the run
UltimateKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me