Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Si

Postby spirit • daydream » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:46 am

I was wondering how you get currency?
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:51 am

APH Siantia wrote:I was wondering how you get currency?

So everyone starts out with 10,000c, so like if you win a competition then you look for how much you win and you add it to your account. You can get money by selling horses, showing, leasing. But you also have to subtract money at times. Like if you enter a show you have to subtract money. Or if you but a horse you subtract that much out of your account this is my bank. This should get you going somewhat. The red is what I subtract and the green is what won/earnings. And you actually keep track of Your money on that thread also! Pm me if I need to explain more c:
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Alb | she/her | EST
RVS(CDH Barn) CDH Whisps
I am a mother of 2 and work 4
days a week, I own a horse and
a maine coon
🌿🌿🌿
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chellerd » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:59 am

Ohhh, I didn't know we could get four free imports. That's actually good to know.

Are there any rules to this? I might look some info up on the old thread.
ImageImage

|| infinitely tired ||
chellerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:18 am

Chellerd wrote:Ohhh, I didn't know we could get four free imports. That's actually good to know.

Ah, well, unfortunately that's a thing for members who already had horses in the old sim -- however, I'll allow new members to have one free import where they can decide the breed and general color of the horse to make it fair ^^

Thank you so much for your question, APH Siantia! Soul Of Winter is absolutely correct cx
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chellerd » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:33 am

SydneyandStorm wrote:
Chellerd wrote:Ohhh, I didn't know we could get four free imports. That's actually good to know.

Ah, well, unfortunately that's a thing for members who already had horses in the old sim -- however, I'll allow new members to have one free import where they can decide the breed and general color of the horse to make it fair ^^

Thank you so much for your question, APH Siantia! Soul Of Winter is absolutely correct cx

Aha, that explains it! No harm done :3
ImageImage

|| infinitely tired ||
chellerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:11 am

Hi, all! Just wanted to give you guys a bit of an overview about the two sections I'm adding to the front of RVEC!

Gelding

When a horse is unlikely to produce excellent progeny or excel on his own in the show ring, it may be in your best interest to geld that horse. Gelding can only be done to male horses and prevents them from ever having foals, but they will receive a substantial boost in showing and in trainability and willingness. The exact increase in trainability and willingness depends on their age and whether or not they have been bred, as follows:

Yearling: +4 trainability (up to 10), +3 willingness
2-3 year old: +3 trainability, +2 willingness
4-6 year old: +2 trainability, +2 willingness
7 year old+: +1 trainability, +2 willingness

If the horse has been bred, they will receive one less trainability point than if they had not been bred. Having straws drawn does not count as being bred and will not change the amount of trainability a horse will receive after gelding. Additionally, complications can exist when gelding a horse, and the older the horse, the more likely they are to have complications. Gelding costs 500c.

Lifespans

Unfortunately, death is a part of life, and as such horses will eventually pass away on RVEC. Different types of horses have different lifespans, so make sure you're familiar with them so that the passing of your horse doesn't take you by surprise.

Ponies: 25% chance of death after 35; 45% chance of death after 40
Horses: 25% chance of death after 25; 45% chance of death after 30
Warmbloods: 25% chance of death after 23; 45% chance of death after 27
Drafts: 25% chance of death after 22; 45% chance of death after 25

You will be informed on your horse's page once your horse has passed away.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:42 pm

I'd like to purchase an item!

Username: Oddly Shaded
Horse: MR Great Distortion
Item(s):
- Driving Mane Braids (150c)
- Driving Tail Bob (50c)
Color(s): Any ribbons are to be a yellow/green
Purpose: Preparation for Showing in the Driving category!
Price: 200c
Bank account: Linky

Very excited to start prepping everything (Sorry to add to your list of things to do Syd!)

EDIT+

I'd like to create a breed/color association!
e
Username: Oddly Shaded
Association name: Gentle Giant Registry
Breed/Color: All recognized Drafts and crossbreeds.
Horses owned of this breed/color: MR Great Distortion - Percheron
Describe your dedication to this association: I am highly dedicated the breeding and improving the draft breeds including Percheron's and Sugarbushes. In the previous Sim I was a highly successful percheron and sugarbush breeder. However this association will invite not only percherons/sugarbushes but all types and breeds of draft and crosses to bring large breed equine breeders together to help improve their breeds!
Brand: link - Appears white on darker horses and grey on greys/whites

Lets bring those draft breeders together shall we? :)
Last edited by Oddly Shaded on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:21 am

Unnamed Warmblood Colt is up for auction with the bidding starting at 900c and increased by 100c or more. This auction will end on the 23rd of January
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Alb | she/her | EST
RVS(CDH Barn) CDH Whisps
I am a mother of 2 and work 4
days a week, I own a horse and
a maine coon
🌿🌿🌿
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby landofmakebelieve » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Now that everybody is of breeding maturity, imma just repost this bad boy (;

landofmakebelieve wrote:Love that idea Syd!

Quick question in reference to associations, do we make our bank post on the bank thread or right in the association thread?

Also, I couldn't find a breeding maturity age, so I hope this is okay, as he's only two and I'm just going off real life maturity c:

I'd like to breed these horses!

Username: landofmakebelieve
Barn: Twisted T Western Performance Horses

Mare: TT Drag Me Under
Barn name: TTWPH
Breeding fee: n/a
Stallion: TT HotnBothered
Barn name: TTWPH
Stud fee: n/a
Initial vet fee: 100c
Number of tries: 1 (x100c)
Ultrasound: No
Total vet fee: 100c
Bank account: <3
hello, bonjour
please call me believe

herro der mes amis, i am believe. proud canadian, ottb loving, colt breaking, nfr dreaming. pictured on the left is my racetrack reject, landofmakebelieve, aka molly, moo, shmoo, whatever name comes to mind x] molly is a 10 year old canadian bred thoroughbred mare, and standing at about 16.2hh, we look a little wonky when we chase cans, but la dee da that's alright. molly and i tried several disciplines. i tried desperately to get her to catch on to dressage, but unfortunately, she still has the race bred mind and is all go. however, together we found a discipline which we could both enjoy; western gaming. this summer we started travelling to barrel races locally. our current record on a standard size pattern is 17.314 and we are improving with every run. and to all the low budget barrel racers out there such as myself, a word of advise; chin up darling. you may not have a million dollar mount under your butt, but you and your crossbred, rejected, hard headed, rescue baby can do it. you know why? cause those girls sitting in their custom circle y's, upon shiny, top of the line mounts are full of themselves. they think there's no way they can lose. they get cocky. stay humble, believe in yourself, in your horse, and most importantly ride your little heart out.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Thoroughbred » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:28 am

I'd Like To Collect A Straw !

Stallion - Memory-Loss
Amount - Uno
Cost - N/A Free For Studs
Bank Account - Boop !
I've been on like a 6-7 month hiatus..... soooo to all that know me sorry. And Boop! I'm revamping??? Everything??? Idk what you would call it. I've found myself I think, through fan fiction, high school drama and a whole lot of maturing. Have a new room, new sense of humour, yeah. Ready to start helping the world. I think??? Still questioning my messed up life where I'm pretty sure my old cat is my spirit animal, I have a tea addiction (weak and sweet mind you!) and possibly building a author/ artist career??? There's a lot of question marks but that's life.

Always expect more questions than answers and you might just find yourself. xoxo
Galaxy Thoroughbred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me