Drawing sessions 2
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by .Ghost.

WME: Zenyatta

Postby .Ghost. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:59 am

No. 3 of the racehorsequids!
This time it's Zenyatta's turn to find a home within the community~

Keep in mind that none of the racehorse equids can breed with each others!
All racehorse equids must also be kept domestic.

To try for her, answer the questions and write a short story (500 words MAX) about how she feels when she gets to run.

khara wrote:Username: kuroo
Equid's name: Mondatta (Zenyatta was named after The Police album Zenyatta Mondatta, so I chose the other half of the title).
Height: 13.2 hh
Zenyatta had a habit of doing something before racing, what? "Dancing"
This habit also gave her a nickname, what was it? Dancing Queen, or The Queen
Story:It's beautiful, the way my feet slide over the earth, the way my mane carelessly streams through the morning crispness, how my coat gleams like dew itself. There is no friction between the ground and myself, we have come to an agreement and refuse to hold each other back. Rather, the earth cheers for me, pushing my slender stones of hooves up and forward, aiming my bullet body towards a horizon whose promises are unbeknownst to either of us. The wind and I have grown friendly as well, it urges me onward from behind; a motherly tenderness.

I do not tire, I run endlessly. How can I dare stop? My legs are machines, metal, cold, utterly commanding and capable. My chest is an intricate, enigmatic cavern lined with erosion from the sharp air my nostrils welcome. Breathing gives a strange sensation, like lightning convulsing inside of me, but I revel in the feeling and could not do without it.
When running, I feel like the stuff of legend. I am a spirit, a god, when I move nature agrees with my purpose and cheers for me.

And then I wake from my dreamy mirage, and I remember what I am as I stand weakly in the corner of a murky field. A fence halts my way as man made things do not enjoy my company like nature does, but it means nothing anyway. Even without the fence, I could not shake the true chains that coil around my legs like Eden's serpent. My hooves, while slender, are not stones. My legs, in fact, are not machines, they are far more comparable to twigs. My chest, while still a cavern, is infested with mold and overgrowth rather than the erosion I desire. My body keeps me from my old habit. Rather than drifting effortlessly over the soil, my feet now shuffle through pads of moss, thick grass, and clumpy dirt. It's not a bad existence, retirement, but it lacks the emotion - the passion - that my former self so graciously enjoyed. Surely I enjoy the kindness shown towards my "dilapidated" form (or so the humans call it), but my stormy heart cries again for the sensation of the track, of racing against my own, of the sweet, sticky, fragrant roses hung upon my neck as some sort of floral medallion. Am I fame seeking? Perhaps. But I want the feeling once again, regardless of my motivation.

And so I lie down in the corner, face nestled in moist grass, and fall back into a soothing sleep, into a universe that will allow me freedom once more.
Last edited by .Ghost. on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
xxx
xxx
xxx
»Thinking: Workworkwork
»Doing: Working on commissions!
»Now playing: Find A Way - SafetySuit

» WME herd » Nukittas » dA » Ask.fm »
.Ghost.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME: Zenyatta

Postby mawsoleum » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:28 am

Username: kuroo
Equid's name: Mondatta (Zenyatta was named after The Police album Zenyatta Mondatta, so I chose the other half of the title).
Zenyatta had a habit of doing something before racing, what? "Dancing"
This habit also gave her a nickname, what was it? Dancing Queen, or The Queen
Story:It's beautiful, the way my feet slide over the earth, the way my mane carelessly streams through the morning crispness, how my coat gleams like dew itself. There is no friction between the ground and myself, we have come to an agreement and refuse to hold each other back. Rather, the earth cheers for me, pushing my slender stones of hooves up and forward, aiming my bullet body towards a horizon whose promises are unbeknownst to either of us. The wind and I have grown friendly as well, it urges me onward from behind; a motherly tenderness.

I do not tire, I run endlessly. How can I dare stop? My legs are machines, metal, cold, utterly commanding and capable. My chest is an intricate, enigmatic cavern lined with erosion from the sharp air my nostrils welcome. Breathing gives a strange sensation, like lightning convulsing inside of me, but I revel in the feeling and could not do without it.
When running, I feel like the stuff of legend. I am a spirit, a god, when I move nature agrees with my purpose and cheers for me.

And then I wake from my dreamy mirage, and I remember what I am as I stand weakly in the corner of a murky field. A fence halts my way as man made things do not enjoy my company like nature does, but it means nothing anyway. Even without the fence, I could not shake the true chains that coil around my legs like Eden's serpent. My hooves, while slender, are not stones. My legs, in fact, are not machines, they are far more comparable to twigs. My chest, while still a cavern, is infested with mold and overgrowth rather than the erosion I desire. My body keeps me from my old habit. Rather than drifting effortlessly over the soil, my feet now shuffle through pads of moss, thick grass, and clumpy dirt. It's not a bad existence, retirement, but it lacks the emotion - the passion - that my former self so graciously enjoyed. Surely I enjoy the kindness shown towards my "dilapidated" form (or so the humans call it), but my stormy heart cries again for the sensation of the track, of racing against my own, of the sweet, sticky, fragrant roses hung upon my neck as some sort of floral medallion. Am I fame seeking? Perhaps. But I want the feeling once again, regardless of my motivation.

And so I lie down in the corner, face nestled in moist grass, and fall back into a soothing sleep, into a universe that will allow me freedom once more.
Last edited by mawsoleum on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:46 am, edited 6 times in total.

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:02 am

Username: Epsilon.
Equid's name: Chronic
Zenyatta had a habit of doing something before racing, what? Tongue chewing due to nervousness
This habit also gave her a nickname, what was it? Nervous Nelly
Story: Nearing the starting line, her heart starts beating, faster, faster. Then it's time. Bang. And they're off! The thundering sound of hooves, the wind rushing past her, it's everything that gets her going. Rounding the curve, be careful, it's everything she loves and she doesn't want to mess it up. Now it's time to win. She uses her last bit of energy and strength to pass the last few equids and then bam! Pass the finish line she goes! First place again! The crowd cheering her name and her heart beating back down to a steady pace is what she loves about racing. (103 words)

dropping out for personal reasons....
Last edited by huskyhiccups on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜 HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! ❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myk » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:11 am

Username: Myktard
Equid's name: Zenyatta
Zenyatta had a habit of doing something before racing, what? She does these leg kicks in the paddock before races; horse people see an animal doing dressage steps to expel excess energy but fans see … a dancer. She bows to the grandstand.
This habit also gave her a nickname, what was it? The Queen
Story:
Waking up in the morning, watching the sun rise and hearing the rooster call is beautiful in its own way. But the way Zenya get's up is in a faster fashion, awakens when the rooster crows and then having a little drink and nibble before waiting for her owners to come and let her out. After the door of her stall is open, the wild youngster was quick to leave! Stunning a lot of the other herd members, she runs out of the barn and into the open fields.

She loves the feeling of the wind gliding over her body, through her mane and tail fluff. The way she feels like a speedy one, she loves the excitement of her heart beating faster and her legs stretching and burning a little while she speeds up! She does her morning run, out into the open land where she breaks into what seems to her like a faster run but in reality its just the same.

Running gives her a sense of freedom, something that she's always deep down wanted. Freedom is the open field to her, she zooms around to feel like a powerful free equid. In her head she pretends to be in a race, she counts down in her head while waiting; hitting zero exactly when she it let out and then she pretends as if she's racing others. Wild, freedom, power, pride, race through her body as she races the imaginary ghosts in her head

word count: 247
Last edited by myk on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴋᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴡsᴅs
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ
ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴠɪᴀɴᴛᴀʀᴛ
ɪᴄᴏɴ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ
ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴍʏᴋ
sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴍʏᴋᴛᴀʀᴅ
myk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Idem » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 am

Username: Idem
Equid's name: Zen
Zenyatta had a habit of doing something before racing, what? She would strut around proudly, as if she were dancing
This habit also gave her a nickname, what was it? The Queen
Story: Heart pounding, adrenaline coursing through her veins, her soul soared with excitement as she waited for the race to begin. She glanced over her shoulder at the other quids next to her, smiling slyly at them. They looked nervous, and they had a reason to. Her little stunt at the beginning of the race, prancing around like there was nothing to worry about, that made the others really nervous. These quids all knew how fast she was, heck, everyone knew how fast she was. She looked forward and waited for the cue to run. The equid at the end of the track reared, showing that the race was to start. Zen leaped forward, her hooves tearing through the grass beneath her. The wind through her mane and tail made her feel like she was flying, and she smiled. This feeling, the feeling of flying, was what she loved the most about racing and running. Yeah, she loved winning, but this feeling of flying is what she really raced for. She had always had dreams of flying, large feathered wings carrying her through the air, and running was the closest thing Zen could do to feel that sensation of weightlessness and freedom. Hooves pounding the ground, her nostrils flared, she raced to the finish.

(212 words)
Last edited by Idem on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toffi~ » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:38 am

Username: Fera
Equid's name: Zenyatta
Zenyatta had a habit of doing something before racing, what? Dancing
This habit also gave her a nickname, what was it? "Queen Z" or "The Queen"
Story:
Standing in my Tack box, curried and bridled. You can hear the speakers near by and the raging crowed, waiting for the race to begin. The Adrenalin runs thru my veins and my heart I going faster. Snorting happily, I pranced from one foot to the other. Finally Mike is coming at me, caressing my neck and speaking some calming words before he ascends.
The racehorses are brought to the parade ring. I can smell the familiar scent of exited humans, popcorn and feel the tautness from the other horses. I’m getting thrilled by all the cheers and whistling. My hooves began to burn of excitement. I began to dance. I wand to go out there, show the world what I can do best and leave the other Horses behind in dust`n`dirt.
Last edited by Toffi~ on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Toffi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violenca » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:42 am

Username: Violenca
Equid's name: Zenyetta
Zenyatta had a habit of doing something before racing, what? She does a Spanish Walk before every race
This habit also gave her a nickname, what was it? Dancing Queen
Story: It was early in the Morning. Mike came to me and said: " Hello my Dear Lady." and gave me a Carrot. He groomed my hair and stroked my white forehead. "Hello pretty. Today we will make it and break the record." He took a saddle and bridle and pulled it over me. It was cold... As always. I thought he would know that I do not like it and put on the ears. "Yes, I forgot it again. Do not worry." The saddle was less weight. Almost as if I hadn't him on my back. The mist hung over the meadows and it was quiet because no one was there.
I pricked up my ears and could hear a slight crack. Slowly I realized outlines in the fog moving towards us. It was my owner Jerry and John my coach. They are nice people. Have a knack for horses. "Well Mike how is our kid today?" Asked Jerry. "Very good Mr. Moss. She is doing well and seems to feel that we will break the record today." They all laughed. We went to the racetrack. I know this place since I am small and knows what to expect. I stay calm like a pro. I mean what to expect otherwise from me. After we have run a few laps and my muscles are warm it is in the box.
It is steely and tightly. But I can only see forward. Win. I need to win. That's my goal and that's what I will achieve. The Boy is closed. My muscles tense. Since the gong ring and the door opens . I'm running. All my force on the hind legs can finally be left loose. I do not feel anything. Only see the target. I must be first. The only thing i hear is Mikes soft and demanding voice. "Good Girl come on now to the Finish." I give all i got. Used my last Powers for this Sprint and ... got the new record. My Legs are shaking but it's okay. This feeling of pure Happiness surrounds me.
Last edited by Violenca on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

art by kirwick
Violenca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:41 am

As a design, I think this equid is absolutely gorgeous, but I feel like there are other people who are bigger fans of Zenyatta who would want her more. As such, I won't be trying out for her, and wish everyone else good luck

Great job on this one Ghost :)
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallivant » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:18 am

CODE: SELECT ALL
Username:
Equid's name:
Zenyatta had a habit of doing something before racing, what?
This habit also gave her a nickname, what was it?
Story: (500 words MAX!)
╔══════╗

Star Wars

Aus

Rper

LOC

hehe

:3

She/Her

Semi-active

╚══════╝
gallivant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cinnamonroll » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:13 am

Username: TigerRocky
Equid's name: Zenyetta
Zenyatta had a habit of doing something before racing, what? Zenyetta would would do leg kicks before each race, but to her fans it looked like she was dancing.
This habit also gave her a nickname, what was it? Her nickname was The Queen
Story:My silky mane flew behind me as the Sun urged me to gallop faster, I threw my head into the dew filled sky and sighed with ecstasy. Oh how I loved the beautiful way my legs moved over the earth I called my own. This land was mine.

And the way my mane flew into the endless sky, flying beautifully behind my neck. Sometimes I believed my mane would blend in with the chilling wind, becoming as one. My slender legs were like a machine, forever running and never coming to a stop.

I am the Queen of running, the fastest horse ever known. With the Sun as my brother, the Moon as my sister, the Wind as my Father, and the Earth my mother I would run for eternity. These elements along my side.

I pushed my stone-like hooves up and soared into the clouds. My glossy coat gleamed in the light that the lovely Sun gave me. The Wind pushed me further and further till I finally landed on the moist dirt. My robotic legs continued to move forward and the Earth encouraged me to gallop faster in it's soft grass, I gulped in mouthfuls of cold, wet air into my chest.

The Sun smiles at me and tells me to run faster. I nod my assent and accelerate at a speed that I appear as a chestnut blur to anyone commoner. He laughs, and says I've done a good job. A grin appears on my slim face and I go faster. Soon, I end up in a grove of cherry blossoms and the sweet aroma makes it's way to my snout. I sigh in the delightful smelling air and calm down. I let the sound of my pattering hooves lead me towards the stables.

Dewdrops begin to fall on my beautiful face, it's about to rain I realize. I don't panic, as the Rain is a good friend of mine, instead I quicken my pace. Everything around me turns into iridescent blurs. At last I'm free, I soar into the wet sky and gasp in the dew-like air. I'm flying and no one can stop me. Nothing can stop me.

I am The Queen, and I will run forever. Nothing will stop me.

|376 words|
Last edited by cinnamonroll on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
hiatus
cinnamonroll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me