JMD #28 - Redwood owned by CutTheDragon by Wolfswelpe

Based on Click to view
Artist Wolfswelpe [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

JMD #28 - Redwood owned by CutTheDragon

Postby Wolfswelpe » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 am

nσw whαt єхαctlч ís α jєwєl mαnє drαgσn?
A Jewel Mane Dragon is a large creature with jewls on their foreheads and tails.They eat mostly small mamals such as birds, squirels, and rabbits. The fur on their back, hind, and front legs feel like the softest of silk and is pretty short. The fur around their neck (Also know as their mane) and tail is very soft, fluffy, and long. Jewel mane Dragons mostly keep to themselves but when they find someone they like the grow very attached, loyal, and talkative. They're all slightly bigger than a mustang but some grow to be as large as a elephant. All Jewel Mane Dragons have jewels at the end of their tail and on their forehead, there's really no exception to that rule. The jewel on their tail is used as a weapon in combat and hunting, while the jewel on their forehead is used during mating season to atract females.

-------

Next design!

I really fell in love with this one, but I can't keep her ^^. I already made myself a custom, so this one will be up for adoption :3.

He/She is loosely based on the typical fox design ^^.

Because I love this one, the form will be a longer one. I really look for effort ;).
But I will make one that is easier to win soon.

So, to win this baby you have to fill out the form below.
You can add any extras you like, but the ones written there are required, only exception if something else is written in a section.
You can also make the form as pretty as possible ;).

Form:

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Personality:
Art: [can be anything like art, story, poem etc.]

End Date:

The end date is now set on this Friday, the 19th of October!

Extra:

Below is a picture that shows the JMD unshaded and with it's hex codes for art :).

-------

There we are! I'm pretty excited to see your forms! <3
Good luck everybody!!

Congrats CutTheDragon!
Redwood belongs to you :3.
Last edited by Wolfswelpe on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:09 am, edited 7 times in total.
--------
--------
--------
She/Her • Introverted • Eng/Ger

Trade Thread

Right now, I'm in Genshin Impact hell (as you can probably tell). Have been playing every day since launch haha. I don't have much time, but if you need help with smaller stuff, hit me up and I'll share my UID. I'm on the Europe server~

Genshin Impact Info
AR60 • EU Server • Playing since: Launch •
Favs: Wanderer, Kaveh, Furina, Nahida, Alhaitham, Zhongli, Albedo, Shenhe, Kazuha, Yoimiya & more

Image Image Image
Wolfswelpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JMD #28 - OPEN FOR ADOPTION

Postby CaricatureBlue » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 am

Finally finished!

Username: ~Srean~ of course ^-^

Name: I think i may name him... er... Kanoli! Just kidding of course. Karano, ya that's a good name for now : )

Theme Song: This was really really hard to choose but i ended up choosing One Life by Hedley!

Personality:
Karano is very leader-like in his ways, although Srean- his friend- is much more of a leader, he's always her second in command. He's nice to almost everyone except those who threaten him or the ones he protects. he's very protective, and doesn't let anything get away with hurting his friends, even if they had just got cut on a bramble. He enjoys being alone, put is very good with "people" and can make a solution for almost every situation. He's strong and agile, able to defend his friends in times of need.

Protecting his friends and those he swore to protect.
Making marigold grow
Sunsets
Sitting in trees
Helping people

Dislikes:
People who try to hurt his friends or the ones he's protecting
Liars
Cheaters
Selfish/Greedy people
Getting his feet wet
Mean people

Art: For my art i'm gonna do a little mini storie about him

The days went by slowly and I couldn't help but notice Srean wasn't paying much attention. "Srean, are you ok?" I asked the hyper Jewel Mane Dragon. "Ya, i'm fine. It's just Kanya should be back by now." She said with worry in her eyes. "It's ok Srean. It takes a while to find a good territory. Just be patient." I sat beside Srean and we pressed together, waiting for our friend to get back. just then, Kanya burst from the bushes. "I found it!" She said happily, her orange gem waving widly on the end of her tail. "Show us!" Me and Srean said in unision, taking off after Kanya through the bushes.

We emerged on a large clearing, with a natural wall on one side and a waterfall going down it into a pond. A fallen log would make a perfect den, and it wouldn't be to hard to make some other dens for the ones who would be moving in here. "Fantastic." Srean smiled. "Let's get to work!"

We spent the rest of the day making dens. Srean went to sleep, so she could gather some recruits. Me and Kanya were working on the med den. "Do you think thats good?" Kanya asked, showing me her side of the den. "that's perfect, just like this camp." I smiled at her and continued working. Srean came out of the fallen log. "Ok guys, they'll be here when the moon rises." She said. "I'll work on the leaders den." She walked off towards the large stone we had rolled into the camp. "This'll be great!" Kanya smiled, and we continued working until Kanya made the sun go down.

Cats and dogs poured into the camp from all around. "You asked everyone, didn't you?" I asked Srean. She nodded, the purple gem on her tail lightly hitting the rock we all sat on. When everyone was here, Srean started. "Hello everyone, cats and dogs alike. I'm glad you all could make it." Her voice rang around the clearing, making everyone fall silent. For a moment, the only sound was the rushing of the waterfall, then Srean continued, just like we'd practiced. "The bloodshed between cats and dogs must be stopped. the fighting is ripping the forest apart, that's why we must make a truce." She looked around the crowed. "Make a truce with the cats! They'd take the fur off our backs for a few mousetails! Why should we trust them?" A sleek black dog stood, his ice blue eyes glaring defiantly at Srean. "Who are you anyway!? Why should we trust
you!?" A cat stood this time, her calico fur shining in the moon light. "If you want the fighting to stop, you have to trust me." Srean said. I stepped forward. "The dogs will stay here, in this camp! All cats who want to be in a den, follow Kanya and Srean." Kanya and Srean hopped off the rock and most of the cats followed, the few that didn't, left. Once the cats had gone, i looked out over the dogs. "If any of you want to leave, and live alone, go now." I watched as a few dogs left. I counted how many dogs were here. Sreans voice came into my head. 40 cats. She said, and i smiled. 40 cat's and 40 dogs. perfect numbers. "Okay everyone! I'll show you around camp!"
Last edited by CaricatureBlue on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
21|Digital Artist|An old player coming back to the site!
CaricatureBlue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinigami. » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:15 am

Username:Lionblaze4000
Name:Happa it means leaf in japenese :D
Theme Song: four seasons Vivaldi:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxofEmo3HA
Personality:He is kind, gentle, nurturing,loves taking care of other JMD's will always protect the week loves life and nature and will always be a good samaritan!
Likes:Loves taking care of others,all 4 seasons even winter lol Voughs to protect others with his life is loyal and is the best friend you would love to have.
Dislikes:Not being able to save someone or to take care of them
Art: a poemFOUR SEASONS

In comes the leaves of Fall
So beautiful it will enthrall
Wonderful red, yellow and brown
Mother Nature should wear a crown
Then comes the snow
And the streets are aglow
With children playing like animated dolls
Then suddenly Spring calls
April showers may come down
Just when you are walking downtown
Along the beach the tide is high
As all the children walk by
Soon it begins to get hot
Now Summer we've got
Sometimes you can feel the sun's rays
Heating up through the humid haze
The circle goes round and round
Four Seasons we are bound
Shinigami.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mrs.Denmark » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:00 am

Username:Mrs.Denmark
Name:Stella
Theme Song:Stamp on the ground by the italiobrothers
Personality:Stella loves music she loves to jump around and play with the other JMD's and Foxes
Dislikes:sour things and her dad
Art: Poem I imagine this midnight moment's forest:
Something else is alive
Beside the clock's loneliness
And this blank page where my fingers move.

Through the window I see no star:
Something more near
Though deeper within darkness
Is entering the loneliness:

Cold, delicately as the dark snow
A fox's nose touches twig, leaf;
Two eyes serve a movement, that now
And again now, and now, and now

Sets neat prints into the snow
Between trees, and warily a lame
Shadow lags by stump and in hollow
Of a body that is bold to come

Across clearings, an eye,
A widening deepening greenness,
Brilliantly, concentratedly,
Coming about its own business

Till, with a sudden sharp hot stink of fox
It enters the dark hole of the head.
The window is starless still; the clock ticks,
The page is printed. <3 i cant draw well so i did a poem
Mrs.Denmark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowseph » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:25 am

"Ǥɛт Ɔяαcκιи'!"
●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
Username;;
Hi! Im Snow! Please call me Snow or Squiddy :3
●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
Name;;
Pistachio
Now? Why Pistachio? Well, I always happen to see those Pistachio camericals. Theyre always funny, espically the Angry bird one. His colors remind me a true Pistachio, because their shells are a brown, and inside the nut it green. I think the name fits :3

Gender;;
I'm gonna make him a male. I was debating on female. It may change though.
Theme Song;;
Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
Personality;;
.Hard Nut to Crack.
Pistachuo doesnt agree to things that may be difficult. He just wants everyone to be safe.
.Book Worm.
Pistachio loves to read. He loves to snuggle up with a good book c:
.Dangerous.
Though, he may want everyone to be safe, he himself doesnt care. 'Tachio just loves a good challenge.
.Pumped.
'Tachio is always pumped and energetic, espically doing something he loves.
Wip

Likes;;
.Pistachoes.
.Sunsets.
.Nature.
.Reading.
.Foxes.

Dislikes;;
.Cashews.
.Tv.
.Paranormal.
.Things that get to you.
.Copy Cats.

Art;;
Im very sorry for my terrible art. I tried my best, and there is more to come.
Pistacho and the Fox

Story/History;;
The small baby Jewel Mane dragon, limped slowly. He was only a few weeks old, and was abandoned by his mother. He cold hardly remember her, well, because his eye where closed. The darkness faded slightly fromm his eyes, and now he could see better. The world was large, much too big for a JMD baby to be out in the wilderness all alone. The small JMD crawled around a small tree stump. He stumbled to get on it. He stood up, and looked around, and heard a faint sound. The JMD followed this sound, until he came to a burrow and a small river near by. He saw a mother fox and her 2 kits. He slowly crepy up on them, suddenly the mother saw him. She pushed her kits into their den and growled at him.
"I bring no harm" He said. "I just need somewhere to stay" The kits poked their heads of the den. They gasped, seeing a unusal creature.
The mother spoke, softly in a slight bit of love, "Well, you said youre harmless, correct?"
He nodded. "Yes, but I... Need help.... whats that thing that you call yourself?" He asked.
"A name."
"Oh yes thats it"
"Of course! You need a name dont you?"
The baby JMD nodded. A larger kit stepped out of the den. "Can we keep him?" He asked.
"Sure..."
The small, quiet kit stepped out of the den. "Can we call him Pistachi-o?" She asked softly.
"Of course. Is that alright with you?"
"Of course, Pistacho is a wonderful name!"
"Great! Im Sage, and my two kits are Apachie and Marigold"
'Tacho smiled. Sage crept into her den, Marigold following her. Apachie swatted at Marigold's tail, and she whimpered. Apachie bowed, inviting her to play. Marigold backed up, and bumped into Sage. Pistachio pushed the 2 kits inside the den. He squeezed into the den. It was enough room for him, well, because hes only a little one. 'Tacho laid down with a thud, and Marigold curled uo next to him. Pistacho smiled, and curled his tail around her. They all slept in a peaceful sleep.

The next morning they all climbed out of then den. Sage was going to show her kits how to hunt for birds, fruits and other resourcess theyll need to eat. Sage told Pistachio he could come too. 'Tachio grinned, for he didnt know what birds or hunting was. He followed the family of foxes, Sage leading. She showed them a perfect specimen, a bird and her young. The mother bird flapped down, looking for something to head her childern. 'Tashio hid behind the bush with Apachie and Marigold. Pistachio observed the Sage, every so slowly creeping up to the bird.... AHHH a loud, screeching, voice came from the bird. The mother fox picked up the limp bird, her young chirping wildly above. She walked over to her kits-and JMD- and drpped the bird down at their feet.

Poem;;
The spirit with in...
You are the one who holds it
The one who is a Jewel Mane dragon
Maybe not
With that twinkle in your eye
The Power with in...
You act like fox
So sly
So clever
You are a fox
Last edited by Snowseph on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:25 am, edited 12 times in total.
    i'm not that active... i pop in every now and then out of boredom or nostalgia.
    i'm keeping my stuff unless otherwise stated.

he/they. queer. adult. multi&mixed media artist.
    discord: eat_plant
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DecafBunny » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Prettiful
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Licorice » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Image Δʋяα Image
.:Beauty of the мɛα∂σω:.

Username
Silver Collie wrote:Hi c: I'm Silver Collie, but I prefer Silver. At any rate, I'd like to say this is wonderful JMD and I wish good luck to all the contestants.

Name
Aura Francesca Carly Marrow
Name Meaning
Aura is Spanish for gold. Now, this cutie's coat isn't exactly gold, but some part of me feels it would be right the pair a metallic with the pretty shade of her eyes. Francesca ties into her Spanish name theme, revealing her native country. Carly is a random name, I suppose if she were human her hair would be "curly" . I'm awful at puns XD The last name "Marrow" comes from Aura's ancestor Sir Drake Marrow, a conquistador.
Native Country
Spain
Occupation
Aura works as a waiter in the downtown cafe. Her job is little pay, and does almost nothing to support her artist career. Although poor, working from her one-room duplex, she manages to feed herself and a tiny mouse that makes it's home in a wicker basket.
Theme Song
"Want You Back"
Cher Lloyd
A popular, flirty JMD, Aura is always after all the guys. Any sign of rejection is unthinkable. Unfortunately, this can lead to a dating hubris.
"It's not that bad..."

Yeah... she would like to have her old boyfriend back.
Personality
Aura is your average, independent, well, teen. Unlike other students, she would much rather spend time at school than stay at home. Her parents... Aura's story will be revealed later.
FLIRTY
Aura loves to flirt. Even if said guy if dating someone, she will still go for him. After all, shouldn't her beauty be praised?
"Of course! What idiot thinks otherwise?"

Ehem. Aura is kind of a stuck up.
ARTISTIC
Aura works as an artist as well as a waiter. Her sketchbook and canvas are used everyday.
"Yup. I'm a fail at art."

Actually, she has received an offer to submit her art to a gallery.

LAZY
Hardworking? Ha! Aura hasn't even heard of the word. At any rate, she rarely comes to work on time, never finishes her homework, and forgets often.
"Eh. Someone else will get to it."

Gardens
Herbs
Gold
Moonlight walks
Flirting
Books
Animals
Random Dancing

Dislikes
"It's a short list."
Annoying Things
Questions
Psychotic People
Fire
Rejections

Favorite Color
Gold-Signifies wealth, power, selfishness, and laziness.
Favorite Food
Flan
Aura enjoys food from her homeland.
Art
"Get up, ya litt' urchi'n." Aura felt the tap of a cane on her side. She whimpered and curled into a ball. After a few minutes, her green eyes dared to open. A scraggly, gray jewel mane dragon loomed over her. Cold, blue eyes paired with a shattered jem created a frightening sight indeed. "Markie. Ya nam'e?" She had slurred speech, and often stroked her paisley scarf. Aura's mouth hung open.
"A-aura, ma'm."
"Haha! Ma'm, she sa'ys!" She rustled the leaves at her feet. "Come on. Inside." The gray JMD ushered her inside and poured her soup into a bowl.

Aura's parents had died in a fire caused by jealous relatives. She had been living on her own for one week. Half-starving and half-dead, Aura sheltered in a cave.

"Ah, no parents?" Markie said. She searched through her bag. Her grimy paws held three brilliant gems. "For a new life." She grinned, showing toothless gums. "Now Aura, let's go find you a home."
Last edited by Licorice on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 am, edited 9 times in total.
School is stealing my time, so I won't be on as much anymore. ;0;
Licorice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~bubble » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Username:NighttimeWonder
Name: Zorro
Theme Song:
Personality:
Likes: Action movies, popcorn, and spending time working on little crafts he makes out of wood.
Dislikes: Romance movies, vegetables,
Art: [can be anything like art, story, poem etc.]

WIP!
Life is Busy! A new furbaby to take care of, new job in the works, and managing a home can be rewarding but tiring. This is one of my relaxing places!

Check out Tzin Donkey's!

Wystone Stables | Tzin Custom's Shop
~bubble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HierophantReversed » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:40 pm