Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by nyx.

Kiamara #51

Postby foreign-potato » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:34 am

What is a Kiamara?
A Kiamara is a canine-like creature, but they have long, rather soft fur, and an almost dragon-like tail. They are born with no horns, but a few who grow to have longer horns are born with tiny stubs on their heads. Kiamara can be extremely shy, and females can often be a bit grumpy. Don't worry– once you win their hearts, they will never stop loving you. Male Kiamara can be very quiet, but they love attention. Of course females do too, but the males thrive off of your love. They love to be praised.

I apparently love female Kiamaras. xD Oops.
SHES SO CUTE THOUGH <3

Nyx. wrote:
Username;;
Nyx.
Name;;
Mercury

I chose this name for her because of a few reasons.
First, it randomly popped into my head when I began creating my form, and I thought it stuck really well. I decided to do some more research on the element Mercury and the planet Mercury.
Oddly enough, when I went to the element page on Wikipedia, the header color (that's what I'll call them for now) was the same/ a very similar pink color that I see on this Kiamara.
I also thought that using a few facts and uses of the element, or the planet Mercury, I could incorperate them into her personality.

Gender;;
Female
Short Personality;;
Mercury is a naturally kind-hearted Kiamara. She enjoys helping others in need, but she also has a darker side, too. By that, I mean that Mercury is a little flirty at times. She doesn't like the feeling of being alone, so she puts up a whole new personality that she hopes can attract males. Mercury cares a lot about her appearance and reputation. She doesn't like looking tired, messy, or dirty. To accomplish this, she becomes slightly competitive, but very outgoing and bouncy (especially when she's happy or excited). After a long, good day, she often acts a little grumpy (okay, okay, a lot grumpy) when she needs to sleep.

Story/poem/art/etc;;
WIP ~ {possibly, I have art and a story, if that's okay.}
some more art ~

Story ~

A small breeze lightly shook the leaves on the silhouetted trees. The sky to the west was fading, the sun's rays giving the sky a beautiful appearance. Stars began to shine, and the full moon began to rise towards the east, where the sky had become a shade of midnight blue. Mercury watched all of this, remaining silent and still. She desired to feel the morning dew soak into her fur, and watch the night melt away as the sun took it's place. An owl hooted from the branches of a nearby tree, welcoming the night in all it's glory. Mercury sighed softly, pulling her gaze from the sky to view the other activities going on around her.

All sorts of birds flew to their nests, while many rodents scuttled underground beneath her. Nocturnal animals began to wake, getting ready to hunt before the sun could catch them. Too many lives to be accounted for. The grass was ruffled by the wind of the light breeze passing through the area. It would stop, bringing a breathless silence with it. All until it would blow again. Someday she'd be free, just like the wind.

Mercury got to her paws, and bounded down the hill, getting closer and closer to the edge of the cliffside. Rocks gleamed in the moonlight, beside the edge. The Kiamara scrabbled up onto the largest one, for a better view of the scenery laid out before her. She laid now on the edge, watching the water rush deep down in the ravine. A few fish jumped above the waves, while the less-confident hid in the deep depth of the water.

Soon later, a small, weasel-sized dragon-like creature climbed up beside her. The friendly creature was more like prey to the much larger Kiamara, but she had befriended the Piccolo Dragon, with a strong promise not to eat her. "Salutations, Mercury." She chirped quietly as she curled up against her friend. "Hello, Pacific." Mercury whispered in return, curling her tail comfortably around her paws. "You know, I've been thinking a lot lately." Pacific said. "About you, how we're friends... ya know?" Pacific continued. Mercury nodded quietly, with a hint of amusement in her deep brown eyes.

"I look you to you, Mercury. I mean- I have too, being I'm so little, but I mean like as a role model." Pacific went on, yawning in exhaustion. Going so far and being so small-sized took a lot out of you! ""You know how to give without hesitation, and how to lose without regret. And how to acquire without meaningness..." Pacific said, looking Mercury in the eyes seriously. "Guard well within yourself, that treasure, kindness, Mercury." Pacific said. Then within a few moments, the small Piccolo Dragon had fallen asleep to the gentle breathing of the Kiamara beside her.

"Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know hwo to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meaningness." - George Sand

~ this will be my first Kiamara if I win, so I will be putting as much effort into my form as possible.
Last edited by foreign-potato on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
characters

★nontheist; pro-choice; human rights ★
Find me on
dA!

looking for art or designs --
offering very rare list pets and more

foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara #51

Postby asdfghjkla » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:35 am

Gorgeous! :D <3

May try ^^.
asdfghjkla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Vanilla~ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:37 am

oh my gosh! i would so try but i cant, she reminds me of ice-cream <3 so tempting though!
♡Working on this soon♡
~Vanilla~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quitting¿ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 am

Username:
Furriesforever
Name:
Cupcake :D
Short Personality:
Shes well her name,
Sweet but if you take to much it makes you regret it XD
Story/poem/art/etc:
WIP
quitting¿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zhenchun » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 am

Image I'm a very sweet and caring Kiamara. I'm usually shy around others and tend to stay away from large groups of people. Though every once in awhile I'll raise my voice to give an opinion on something I love.

Image Well this should have been obvious, but I'm a female. ♀

Image I really enjoy all things cute and cuddly. Anything fuzzy or warm is happily welcome to me! I enjoy warm drinks my favorites being hot apple cider and green tea. I love the color pink!

WIP
Last edited by Zhenchun on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
•infp•asexual•♀•
I am Zhen a __ year old girl who
is currently living in the northern United States.
I enjoy writing and hope to become a veterinarian.
I love taking care of my pets. These include my doberman, shi-tzu, siamese, koi,
and ball python. I adore roosterteeth, supernatural, hannibal,
big hero 6, fall out boy, my chemical romance, and imagine dragons.
Zhenchun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmsprout » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 am

look at you sexy thing

you look like a little shrimp <3

lol don't worry i favor female designs too. :B
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 am

Username: Larkspur
Name: Neopolitan or Neo for short
Short Personality: Neo is very kind and happy to help anyone. She is also quite intelligent, though she doesn't like to show it because she thinks she may get picked on for it. She is also quite outspoken and will stand for what she believes in, but will quickly back out if it means she has to get in a fight. She thinks its selfish to do that, but at the same she knows its the smart thing to do since she isn't very strong.
Story/poem/art/etc: WIP

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinoBroccoli » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Oh gosh, this one's adorable! :'D I need to decide whether I should focus on this one or Kiamara 50...

charactersdatumblrask.fm

on hiatus
albinoBroccoli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tano-kun » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Makes me think of a strawberry sundae! <3 Yummy~

Good luck with applications everyone!
Not active here or DA anymore. If you need to contact me, holler at me on Discord (tanokia).
Tano-kun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moskow » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Oooh, pretty! She is gorgeous! But not the right one for me.

You're on a different road
I'm in the Milky Way
You want me down on Earth,
but I am up in space

I will not bow
I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall
I will not fade
I will take your breath away
Moskow

My pets