WME: Porcelain Lady (Cremello) by Copper96

Based on Click to view
Artist Copper96 [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
29 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

WME: Porcelain Lady (Cremello)

Postby Copper96 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:16 am

This gal is based on porcelain, like a doll. But why the tears streaks and quipping that makes her white coat look broken or shattered? I want you to tell me! Not how she got them, she was obviously born with them, but what they symbolize to you. Tell me a tale or spin your own story relating to the name you gave her. So under the "why is she broken" section in the form Explain to me all you have to say. This might be confusing but if you get my vibe then you have a good chance :lol:

Username: Manx
Name: Menagerie : I chose this name based on the play "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams. One of the main characters, a young adult by the name of Laura, is rather broken. Physically, she walks with a slight limp due to a childhood illness, and although this has little impact on her mobility, it more so affects her mentally. Faced with crippling anxiety, she has a hard time fitting in with others, and things that other poeple can do with ease, she has a hard time doing. To help her anxiety, Laura had a glass menagerie; a collection of little glass animals that were as fragile as her. When I first saw the 'broken' quipping, this was the very first thing that came to mind. c:
Height: 12.2hh
Why is she "Broken"?
The silence of the cool night was broken only by the soft hoot of a lone owl, and the uneven plods of a lone equid mare. Exhaustion pounded through her limbs, and each step brought her forward shakily. Her mind was in no better shape, with the anxieties and doubts of the day spinning dizzily through her head. The primal urge to run still filled her, yet she knew that doing so was beyond her capacity. She knew it was no true threat that caused her instinct of flight, but rather the threat imagined in her own mind. Menagerie wobbled nauseously as the thought filled her mind, almost causing her to slip on the rocky slope, as the doubts pounded once more into her mind, twice as strong as before. 'Why must you be a failure? Why can't you be strong, like the others? Why must you allow your weaknesses overcome you?' Those and many others swam around in her mind, and Menagerie once again felt the strong urge to run, run away from her anxieties and fears. Her sides heaved as her breath came quicker, and she struggled to control the emotions milling within her.

She had to get it under control; she just had to. The others always gave her strange looks as she succumbed to her anxieties over the smallest of things. If she was forced to do something, she panicked. If something was intimidating and new, she panicked. If someone so much as said the wrong thing, or gave her a strange look, she panicked. It was illogical, she knew. Many of those things were really nothing, and shouldn't cause the sort of anxiety she had. Yet, she couldn't seem to control the feelings that grew and overwhelmed her. The other equids rarely understood her anxiety attacks, and would often get angry, scared, or just laugh at her. Even her own mother would at times look at her as if she was crazy, and often become mad and tell her to pull it together. It wasn't as though she never tried; her emotions simply overwhelmed her, far past her control. Menagerie shook her head and forcefully moved her tired limbs, attempting to banish the demoralizing thoughts from her mind. Her problems were hers and hers alone; her burden to carry, and her battle to fight.

Menagerie dragged herself onward, only coming to a halt as she reached a small mountain pool, fed by a trickling stream of water on the rock face. Her anxiety having worn her out and jumbled her emotions, she miserably lowered her muzzle to the cool water and drank. Lifting her muzzle as she finished, she glanced down at her reflection in the pool. Ripples shattered the glassy surface, making her reflection look distorted and broken. Her grey quipping was evident, breaking her white coat into pieces. Menagerie glanced away at the distressing image. Her mother's coat was of the purest white, untainted by marks. Her own quipping always seemed like a constant reminder of her imperfection; the fact that she could never be truly perfect.

From the corner of her eye, something white caught her attention. A snow white lily bent in the breeze, clinging desperately to a small patch of dirt on the otherwise empty mountainside. Despite resisting the elements that surely battered it, it rose in perfection, without a single nick on any of its velvety white petals. It's middle shone with a vibrant yellow, seeming to symbolize its fight and victory of life in almost impossible conditions. Seeing the lily brought a soft smile to Menagerie's muzzle. Few things could survive this far up; even trees that managed to grow were bent and twisted. Yet, it managed to survive; a piece of beauty in the middle of the barren landscape. The breeze suddenly stopped, allowing the water to settle once more into a glassy reflection. For one, clear moment, Menagerie looked down and saw herself whole. Although the grey streaks of quip still shattered her otherwise smooth white coat, she for a mere second saw a mare who was simply herself at peace, the anxiety no longer displayed across her weary muzzle, the doubts no longer clouding her blue eyes. A diamond in the rough; or perhaps a lily on a ragged mountain...
Last edited by Copper96 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Copper96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME: Porcelain Lady (Cremello)

Postby snowbutt. » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:31 am

Username: SleepingWithSirens
Name: Broken Reflection
most just simply call her Broken, the nickname provided by her friends. However her name when she was born was Anastasia but she quickly grew out of it after a year or two of growing. Her 'new name' does not provide that of a miserable, desperate personality, however, and Broken is quite cheerful and outgoing.
Height: 13.1hh
Why is she "Broken"? Most people think of her quipping/coloring/marks of the cracks on a broken mirror. The way the quipping goes down and has little pieces 'cut out' here and there gives the needed info. I don't really know how to put my thoughts into words.

It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are
What my dreams are made of
Can't fall asleep, can't fall asleep
I lay in my bed awake, in my bed awake at night
As I dream of you
I'll fall in love, you'll fall in love
It could mean everything, everything to me
I can't imagine being anywhere else

They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me

ImageImageImage
snowbutt.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:39 am

Username: Manx
Name: Menagerie : I chose this name based on the play "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams. One of the main characters, a young adult by the name of Laura, is rather broken. Physically, she walks with a slight limp due to a childhood illness, and although this has little impact on her mobility, it more so affects her mentally. Faced with crippling anxiety, she has a hard time fitting in with others, and things that other poeple can do with ease, she has a hard time doing. To help her anxiety, Laura had a glass menagerie; a collection of little glass animals that were as fragile as her. When I first saw the 'broken' quipping, this was the very first thing that came to mind. c:
Height: 12.2hh
Why is she "Broken"?
The silence of the cool night was broken only by the soft hoot of a lone owl, and the uneven plods of a lone equid mare. Exhaustion pounded through her limbs, and each step brought her forward shakily. Her mind was in no better shape, with the anxieties and doubts of the day spinning dizzily through her head. The primal urge to run still filled her, yet she knew that doing so was beyond her capacity. She knew it was no true threat that caused her instinct of flight, but rather the threat imagined in her own mind. Menagerie wobbled nauseously as the thought filled her mind, almost causing her to slip on the rocky slope, as the doubts pounded once more into her mind, twice as strong as before. 'Why must you be a failure? Why can't you be strong, like the others? Why must you allow your weaknesses overcome you?' Those and many others swam around in her mind, and Menagerie once again felt the strong urge to run, run away from her anxieties and fears. Her sides heaved as her breath came quicker, and she struggled to control the emotions milling within her.

She had to get it under control; she just had to. The others always gave her strange looks as she succumbed to her anxieties over the smallest of things. If she was forced to do something, she panicked. If something was intimidating and new, she panicked. If someone so much as said the wrong thing, or gave her a strange look, she panicked. It was illogical, she knew. Many of those things were really nothing, and shouldn't cause the sort of anxiety she had. Yet, she couldn't seem to control the feelings that grew and overwhelmed her. The other equids rarely understood her anxiety attacks, and would often get angry, scared, or just laugh at her. Even her own mother would at times look at her as if she was crazy, and often become mad and tell her to pull it together. It wasn't as though she never tried; her emotions simply overwhelmed her, far past her control. Menagerie shook her head and forcefully moved her tired limbs, attempting to banish the demoralizing thoughts from her mind. Her problems were hers and hers alone; her burden to carry, and her battle to fight.

Menagerie dragged herself onward, only coming to a halt as she reached a small mountain pool, fed by a trickling stream of water on the rock face. Her anxiety having worn her out and jumbled her emotions, she miserably lowered her muzzle to the cool water and drank. Lifting her muzzle as she finished, she glanced down at her reflection in the pool. Ripples shattered the glassy surface, making her reflection look distorted and broken. Her grey quipping was evident, breaking her white coat into pieces. Menagerie glanced away at the distressing image. Her mother's coat was of the purest white, untainted by marks. Her own quipping always seemed like a constant reminder of her imperfection; the fact that she could never be truly perfect.

From the corner of her eye, something white caught her attention. A snow white lily bent in the breeze, clinging desperately to a small patch of dirt on the otherwise empty mountainside. Despite resisting the elements that surely battered it, it rose in perfection, without a single nick on any of its velvety white petals. It's middle shone with a vibrant yellow, seeming to symbolize its fight and victory of life in almost impossible conditions. Seeing the lily brought a soft smile to Menagerie's muzzle. Few things could survive this far up; even trees that managed to grow were bent and twisted. Yet, it managed to survive; a piece of beauty in the middle of the barren landscape. The breeze suddenly stopped, allowing the water to settle once more into a glassy reflection. For one, clear moment, Menagerie looked down and saw herself whole. Although the grey streaks of quip still shattered her otherwise smooth white coat, she for a mere second saw a mare who was simply herself at peace, the anxiety no longer displayed across her weary muzzle, the doubts no longer clouding her blue eyes. A diamond in the rough; or perhaps a lily on a ragged mountain...
Last edited by Manx on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
╔═════════════════════════╗

нєяє ι ѕтαη∂...

{уσυ кєєρ ιт, тσ яємιη∂ уσυ тнαт ∂єєρ вєηєαтн тнє ℓαуєяѕ
σƒ ∂єνισυѕηєѕѕ, уσυ нανє α ѕραяк σƒ ∂є¢єη¢у.

ρєянαρѕ уσυ ¢συℓ∂ вℓσω ση тнαт ѕραяк σ¢¢αѕισηαℓℓу.}
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
| Characters | Dadrika's Rise |
| Revelation of the Past |

...ιη тнє ℓιgнт σƒ ∂αу
╚═════════════════════════╝
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rax » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:00 am

Username: Raxacorico
Name: Aithusa (a-THU-za)
Height: 15 hh
Why is she "Broken"? Aithusa was born of a large, noble herd respected and allied by most. She was the daughter of the lead stallion and his beautiful mate; basically a princess. Aithusa was stolen from her family shortly after being born. The kidnapper was a traitor to the herd who was plotting against them, named Morgana. From the time she could walk she was manipulated into believing that her beloved family was the enemy, until the only memory she had of them was blurred beneath the hatred and contempt she was forced to believe. The criminal had a wide network of corrupted allies, one of which was in Aithusa's herd. Planning to overthrow the famous herd and become lead mare, Morgana marched her army onto the herd's territory. The legion was intercepted by a powerful group allied with Aithusa's family, and the army was forced to surrender. Aithusa and Morgana were thrown into a pit for several months, scarring Aithusa emotionally and weakening her even more to Morgana's lies. They managed to escape one day, and Morgana sent Aithusa to infiltrate her herd and help her gain leadership. When Aithusa reached her long forgotten family, it had been almost two years since she was taken from her mother's side. When her mother and father caught sight of her, they galloped to her in disbelief, for they had believed Aithusa -their beloved princess- to be dead. Aithusa had planned to follow Morgana's orders to corrupt the herd, but when she saw her mother's loving sky blue and her father's powerful yet concerned slate grey eyes, she remembered that her herd had loved and cherished her, not tricked and tortured her. So she decided to betray Morgana instead. She told her parents of her plan to take over the king's reign and the herd acted quickly to stop her. Everything was "happy ever after" after they defeated Morgana, but Aithusa could never regain the stolen first two years of her life.
-based loosely on Aithusa the dragon and Morgana the sorcerer from the show Merlin-
Last edited by rax on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
*PSA i am an awful human being + suPEr busy and will take forever to get back to ur pms and such sorry*

doing;
    screaming
mood;
    frustrated
thinkin';
    @ me please
    chill
song;
    first
    -cold war kids
lyric from the song;
    i do not deserve
    to wait around forever
    when you were there
    first
ImageImageImageImageImage
rax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:04 am

Username:~Trompy
Name: Alma
Height:12hh
Why is she "Broken"? It's not why she is "broken" but more how she was "fixed". Let me start from the beginning... Her name is thought to have originated in Latin and one of the handful of meanings for the name is "soul". This has everything to do with her "broken" symbolization. You see, she lives by the quote "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."-Khalil Gibran. She has a very strong soul and her scars or "breaks" only show how strong she is. She may get cracks in her foundation, feel unstable and get a broken heart or two, but by letting go of those fears and bad memories that can affect her daily life, she gives them a chance to heal and she can forget about it and go back to being her beautiful self. So what I am getting at is, in short, even a broken porcelain doll-shattered into twenty pieces, is still beautiful if you take the time to fix it. Sorry is this is hard to understand :)
"Be loyal to what matters." ~Arthur Morgan

About Me
He/They
Transmasc
ADHD/Autistic
Always ISO more Warrior Cats! Trade me <3

ImageImageImage
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Copper96 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:11 am

Yes you can make a story out of it c: and no limit, just keep it reasonable
Copper96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:13 am

Alright, thank you <3
╔═════════════════════════╗

нєяє ι ѕтαη∂...

{уσυ кєєρ ιт, тσ яємιη∂ уσυ тнαт ∂єєρ вєηєαтн тнє ℓαуєяѕ
σƒ ∂єνισυѕηєѕѕ, уσυ нανє α ѕραяк σƒ ∂є¢єη¢у.

ρєянαρѕ уσυ ¢συℓ∂ вℓσω ση тнαт ѕραяк σ¢¢αѕισηαℓℓу.}
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
| Characters | Dadrika's Rise |
| Revelation of the Past |

...ιη тнє ℓιgнт σƒ ∂αу
╚═════════════════════════╝
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaydoge » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:44 am

Username: Karkitty
Name: Lottie
Height: 13hh.
Why is she "Broken"? Lottie had shattered at a young age, just after she turned 5. Her herd had been growing smaller and smaller due to the cowboys rounding up her friends and family, what was left of them stayed on the move to avoid the loud bird that kicked up a great gust. Lottie had given birth to a foal, a little male with a coat like the setting sun, his quipping like grass dancing in the breeze. Lottie's only goal was to keep him from being taken to, like his father had. But her efforts were in vain...

The Bird came again as it always did, kicking up the dust and chasing what was left of Lottie's herd straight to the prison many others of her kind had gone to. Somehow in the chaos Lottie lost track of her foal, only to find he'd been separated from her by the humans, in a separate holding area where only foals were. Only being a week or so old, he desperately needed his mother for milk. Lottie could only watch her baby suffer from the heat and biting flies, watch him wither and his color fade until he fell, never to rise again.

Lottie was forever changed after that day, her spirit had splintered into a million tiny pieces. By some turn of events, a number of her kind, including herself, we released back into the mountain ranges they'd come from. But the joy of freedom was bittersweet, Lottie's mate and foal had both been lost thanks to the hands of man. The once happy mare would never smile again.

Withdrawing, I don't really connect with her.
Last edited by Jaydoge on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jaydoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freedom! » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:47 am

Look at me when I'm talking to you
    You looking at me but I'm looking through you
    I see the blood in your eyes
    I see the love in disguise
    I see the pain hidden in your pride
    I see you're not satisfied
    And I don't see nobody else
    I see myself I'm looking at the mirror.

Uh, I see the truth in your lies
    I see nobody by your side
    But I'm with you when you are all alone
    And you correct me when I'm looking wrong
    I see the guilt beneath the shame
    I see your soul through your window pane
    I see the scars that remain
    I see you Broken, I'm looking at the
    mirror on the wall.
Username: Freedom!
Name: Broken Memories
Height: 13.6hh
Why is she "Broken"? Broken Memories is broken because she fell in love with a stallion who she knew she couldn't have, but it didn't stop her from trying. He rejected her without knowing he'd done so, going of with another mare. Broken, being the somewhat shy mare that she is let him slip away, but it left a mark in her for life, one that can only be healed by one thing; Love. She watches over the other happy couples, wanting that to be her sometime, but she just doesn't know how to show her feelings to people, sometimes its hard being the shy equid she is, but shes had to many bad experiences with others to trust just anyone, therefore Broken has trusting issues, and always thinks that no one likes her, making this mare an independent soul.
I Think I've Got Some Enemies Disguised As Friends.

Work In Progress.
Freedom!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppermintleo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:03 am

Username: PureCrazy
Name: China
Height: 12.3
Why is she "Broken"?
A soft cry escaped her, tears running down the soft grey tearstreaks on her cheek. They seemed to follow the pattern perfectly. How strange. Trembling a bit, she turned her hurt gaze upon the onlooker, trembling slightly. "They're gone." She managed softly.

To me, the markings symbolize her past. Each crack symbolizes a different tragedy. The ones on her face, they symbolize the death of her father. The others stand for the lose of her sister and brother, her own fall into 'domestication' and many others to be found out yet.
call me pure / he-him pronouns / transboy
ImageImage Image
peppermintleo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me