Artist p-ond [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
46 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by p-ond

WME: Invictus

Postby p-ond » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:31 am

So I checked through my unfinished drawings and found a few little cuties that I never posted back in the day, and Horsy was kind enough to let me stick em up for adoption!

This guy is the first of five, 'throwback' Cookie equids, and to try for him, I'm gonna ask you to name him, write him an in-depth personality, and write a poetic piece about him. It can be of any kind of scenario, about his past, present, future, personal feelings, etc! The possibilities are endless, please be as imaginative as you can!
You have two weeks (ends 12/9/14 (UK date! so 9/12/14 for the Americans out there). Wips & edits are allowed. Extensions might be added if it's a popular request.

Kessler wrote:Username: Kessler
Equid's Name: Invictus
Height: 12.3hh
Sex: Stallion

Personality:
Invictus, a stallion lost in his fabricated realm, he's an enigma to most those around him. He rarely interacts with anyone- anyone in the real world, that is. Invictus' world begins when he closes his eyes, he then feels truly alive and free, free to explore the worlds in his head. In fact he believes that when he closes his eyes, he can see so much more than with them open, and finds himself exploring the awe-inducing landscapes in his mind. The dreams can vary from terrifying to brilliant and wonderous. Invictus loves to feel the boost of conquering everything, even if it is his own dreams. As with many things, however, he has been known to carry on too far(his fellow equids prod him every now and then to make sure he's not sick or dead after each feat he attempts)!

Invictus turns to his dreams when he is in need of expressing himself, otherwise he depends heavily on his deep, emotional eyes. As you can see (or hear, rather), the poor creature is completely mute! Born unable to convey his innermost thoughts to others, he relies on his expressions to tell his mind's story. Seeing as he cannot speak or let others know of what's wrong, he is often confined to a certain area and can never play with the others, which makes him feel like a bird trapped in its egg, unable to grow and see the world. He reaches into his dreams (and often imagines what it would be like to have a voice)!

Poetic Piece:
"realization"
a different kind of tomorrow

a silence dreadful surrounds his soul
however, the silence does not belong to him
breaks he the ancient darkness with his invincible call
air-filling vocal cords up to the brim

words flow through
music notes of power
as he commands a herd, young and new
his own, one that will prosper and flower

They'd follow him forever, to be precise
with his proud head reared high, leading them to prosperous fields where rain will pour
opens he the doors to paradise

now opening his eyes to the morning
he lowers his head, feeling empty to the core
this world is different, always scorning
the other was a dream, and nothing more.

REHOMED TO: iShame
Last edited by p-ond on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
p-ond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME: bay sabino//medicine hat with rabicano & necklace

Postby S h e b s t e r » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:33 am

Username: S h e b s t e r
Equid's Name:
Personality:
Poetic Piece:
Last edited by S h e b s t e r on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click to check-out Senegal Zebra AdoptsImage
S h e b s t e r

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Moonheart~ » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:59 am

Super sorry to drop out, but I don't have as much time online as I thought. Congrats to the winner, he's a gorgeous boy C:
Last edited by ~Moonheart~ on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life; MUSIC and CATS

Hello there <3 Please call me Moon or Heart. ♥
If you would like to know more about me, I enjoy writing, drawing, acting, and cats more than
anything else in the world. I also love cookie dough as well. x3 I have a character thread, as well
as a thread for my wme, and I would appreciate it so much if you would pop over
for a quick visit. The links to the threads are down below. Over and out <3
[X]~ story by yours truely ~
[X]~ character thread ~
[X]~ wild mountain equids of the coral sea ~
[X]~ my deviantart xp ~

ImageImageImageImage

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
~Moonheart~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'messy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:07 am

Username: clone club
Equid's Name: Jesse
Personality: As Jesse is still a young stallion and his personality is still developing I've decided to do it in two sections one for how he is right now and then again as an adult, I hope that is okay:

As a Foal;
Jesse is constantly being amazed by the world around, as all foals are. Everyday he discovers something new, something that keeps him up at night because his mind won't rest for example last night all he could think about was the butterfly he saw emerging from his cocoon, the sight filled him with awe and left him in a state of wonder. Jesse prefers to be alone as he has always been looked at differently, since a foal he has always been different instead of sticking to his mother like every other foal of his age he has always gone off by himself. But he was never a silly colt, he would always make sure his mare was in view, but she could not always see him. This lead to her becoming panicked and working up the other mares and foals to help look for him, after the first few times the others in the herd began to look at him differently. They tried to teach him to be normal and told him off for being himself, soon his mother did too. This just made the misunderstood little foal love the silence of his own company more. After a while they would just leave him to it and even his mother would forget he was gone. Being alone let Jesse's curiosity soar, everyday he would roam the woods, slowly get braver and venturing deeper and deeper in, everyday coming home later and later. The one thing that fascinates Jesse the most is watching young animals develop and grow, being cut off from his own species has lead him to befriend others and he has watched kittens grow into Bucks and Does and has discovered nothing makes him happier

As an adult;
Jesse has grown into a strong handsome stallion, his personality growing with his age. The one major thing he has discovered is himself. As he grew in height and age his curiosity grew also. No longer does the stallion go off and return by night but he has left the herd completely tired of the looks and mutters behind his back. He discovered ever creak and cave in the forest till he had memorised every twig and has now moved on, searching for larger pastures and adventures calling his name. The stallion has never felt quite so whole as when he has found something new that takes a hold of him, and won't let go till he studies it enough that it was like he'd known it his whole life. But every now and then Jesse thinks it would be nice to find a mare who felt the same way he did, of course he loved his own company but every now and then he thought maybe it would be nice not to be lonely all the time.

Poetic Piece:

A poem found on the internet, that reflects how Jesse felt on those sleepless nights. I do not know who wrote it yet but when I do I will give credit.

Do you hear the noises in the night?
Do you hear the sounds that give you fright
From the creaking of the floor
To the slamming of a door
Do you hear the noises in the night?

Do you hear the ticking of the clock?
Do you want stuff it with a sock?
With it’s incessant ticking
You want to snap its mainspring
Do you hear the ticking of the clock?

Do you hear the party down the street?
Do you hear the music and its beat?
It is playing very loud
For the rhythm of the crowd
Do you hear the party down the street?

Do you hear the whistle of a breeze?
Do you hear it stirring though the trees?
When the leaves begin to rustle?
As the wind begins its tussle
Do you hear the whistle of a breeze?

Do you hear the tapping of the rain?
Do you hear it pound your windowpane?
It makes an awful clatter
When it’s going pitter-patter
Do you hear the tapping of the rain?

Do you hear the drunkards in the lane?
Do you hear them sing a sad refrain?
They are singing out of tune
Farewell we’ll be back soon
Do you hear the drunkards in the lane?

Do you hear the squealing of a gate?
When someone’s coming home very late
Does it make you want to cringe?
When it’s hinge begin to whinge
Do you hear the squealing of a gate?

Do you hear the screeching of an owl?
When it goes out upon the prowl
It makes that eerie sound
When his dinner to be found
Do you hear the screeching of an owl?

Do you hear those voice’s talk to you?
Do they tell you what to do?
Or is it just retention
Of some forgotten question
Do you hear those voice’s talk to you?

Do you hear the echoes of the dark?
Even when the dogs begin to bark?
Do you feel a bit dejected?
When your sleep is redirected
Do you hear the echoes of the dark?
Last edited by 'messy on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adorable baby Fitz by legend-, click him
to get to my WMEs. Thanks to iShame
for my adorable Otto.
And I know,
I've said this all before,
But opposites attract.
We try and run away,
But end up running back.
And all I want to do,
All I want to do,
Is lie down and...

Crash, fall down.
I'll wrap my arms around you now.
Just crash, it's our time now,
To make this work, second time around.

Oh crash, fall down.
Just crash, fall down.
Just crash, fall down.
Just crash, fall down.

~Crash by You Me At Six, everythings just a bit much...
'messy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inupait » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:12 am

Username: Inupait
Equid's Name: Renier (Ren)
Personality:
Ren is Proud! Ren is Arrogent. He is easily provoked to defending his honour and is not used to anyone questioning his authority. He is bossy and likes to take charge of situations at every chance he gets. He is proud and regards himself to be of high standing in social status. But bellow this rough rusted outer shell Ren is a softy. Although he tries very hard to be an iron fist leader the truth is her is too warm-hearted to actually force anyone with a stronger will then his to do what he wants. He is loyal to those he trusts and would trade places with them in a heart beat if they are in a sticky situation.
Poetic Piece:

Pride is in the solder
The look in a heroes eyes

Pride is a bolder
That sits in the sun but never dries

Pride makes us older
and tricks us to forget the lies

Pride is the name on my folder
and in he who never cries.
Last edited by Inupait on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inupait

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:12 am

withdrawing
he's so drop-dead-gorgeous but I'm just not getting a click XP

good luck guys
Last edited by flyteck on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butter Dragon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:27 am

Jumped to soon<3 I have my heart set on another<3
Last edited by Butter Dragon on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Remini » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 am

Username: Steve Rogers
Equid's Name: Avon (Ah-Von) or as some call him, Avalon
Personality: Avon is a brave little warrior, although it's not often shown. He'll quickly jump into the fray without a second thought, swishing his tail to get at the much taller mares and stallions and often jumping onto his hind legs to bite at them and to feel taller. Although he usually enters fights to end them, occasionally he'll end up getting into tussles with other stallions or mares. Being free spirited, he likes to do things his own way, and absolutely hates to be controlled. If someone tells him what to do, chances are he'll do the exact opposite. Although some would rather say stubborn instead of free spirited to describe his actions, he doesn't like that word and instead refers to himself as free. Did I mention this little boy is tame? While it may seem to clash, he was born a domestic stallion to two domestic wme's. He never thought much of the outside world, and is quite content in his owners household with many, many other wme's to talk to and interact with. Not to mention he's a sucker for humans giving him treats, and is quite spoiled thanks to that. Have you ever spoken to someone and you just felt your heart shudder? Not out of love, but out of something like excitement or just the thought of "Wow." I'd like to think of that feeling as something Electric, and Avon has the ability to give people those little heart shudders, whether it's about his looks or his small height, or maybe just his personality, who knows.
Poetic Piece:
A tiny foal learning to walk
Never listening, nor did he stop
Jumping into danger with no regard

Does your heart falter?
For his does not
He may not run free
But he is free at heart

He does not question his path
For he doesn't need one
Life takes you where it does
Don't follow in the footsteps of one

A gentle flash of bay swishes across a field
Like a guiding light he runs
Following the path of none
Last edited by Remini on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████

██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞©
Remini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Arrow. » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 am

Username: .Arrow.
Equid's Name: Alexei Vitaly
Personality: Alexei Vitaly, most often referred to simply as Alexei, is many things, and has been many things. Unlike others, he is not hindered by a lack of confidence and there is not even a hint of self-doubt to his thoughts or actions. He knows exactly what he's doing and how he's doing it, and if something doesn't go according to plan? He improvises on the spot and comes up with a solution, oftentimes one that seems ridiculous or impossible. Things tend to work out for him, though it's taken years of practice to get it this way; and when things don't work out, he keeps working at it and re-planning until they do.

Incredibly charismatic, Alexei is easy to talk to and be around. He is an excellent listener, and patient as well. The problems of others seem to be shared when he is conversed with, for he is so skilled at making others feel better. He does not always enjoy doing so, and oftentimes becomes bored, but he believes that the means justify the ends. The more he helps, the more open others are around him, which is always a good thing in his opinion. This ability he has to listen to others and simply offer them his guidance is perhaps his best quality, and the one that redeems him in the eyes of others.

Growing up in a large, "blue blood" herd and as the son of the lead equids, Alexei tends to have high expectations of both himself and others and can be rather pretentious at times. He's usually fairly good at keeping his attitude in check now that he's older; however, it still comes out when he gets excited or is caught off guard. Much to his horror and shock, instead of naming him as the heir, Alexei's father chose to kick him out at age three the same way he did with any other colt. This left a sour taste in Alexei's mouth, and it is not something he's likely to ever forget. Due to this event, he is often resentful of the leaders of large herds and tends not to show them as much respect as they would usually expect to receive. It's no surprise, then, that he spends most of his time with small groups and individuals.

The phrase "I'm a lover, not a fighter" is very fitting for Alexei. He will always choose words over hooves when it comes to confrontation, and flight over fight when it comes to predators. He does not consider it a sign of weakness that he won't fight, and actually tends to think that the "brave warriors" that will always protect their herd from predators are the ones that need help. Unfortunately, the truth behind this is that he simply doesn't understand and has never experienced true loyalty. In fact, he avoids situations that involve him trusting others. It's perfectly fine for others to trust him, just not the reverse.

With age, Alexei has grown to pride himself as a teacher. What he teaches, though, varies, and is often created from lies and half-truths. Not all that he helps have good intentions, though, yet he has no preferences as to who he teaches, so long as he can also benefit. He can take any equid and train them to become what they never thought they could become. Doing so benefits him, in the long run, as it gets him things and information that he wants while helping his pupil. Unfortunately for his pupils, not all get away without finding themselves in very hot water, as Alexei has, on occasion, been known to let others hang when both find themselves in trouble. This not only goes back to his problems with trust, but also his issues with loyalty; for he simply is not loyal. Anyone that can gain his trust and loyalty would have to be one very special equid, and those are rare indeed.

Poetic Piece:
Gather yourselves to listen
to these words I am to say.
Not happy, not sad,
but truth.
Cast out, I was.
Many days and months,
and years ago.
Lost and gone was
that leader that I could have been.
Loyal and passionate,
strong yet kind,
and fiercely protective
I would have been.

But fate is not unkind.
Free to roam,
and learn,
and live
I now was.
With nothing,
I was re-created,
re-formed,
and made anew.
Imaginative and bold,
I shaped minds,
tore down walls,
and created.
Strengthened others, shaped them,
gave them their dreams.
Heroes, warriors, lovers
they became
under my watchful eye.

Will you as well?
Last edited by .Arrow. on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
.Arrow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitsyn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:46 am

Username: Sirenatie
Equid's Name: Dastan
Personality: Dastan is a naturally sweet, and sometimes possessive, guy that proves he's not just another pretty face. He is quiet, reserved, and secretive. He also refers to himself as a geek because of his interest in films such as Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. Astrid, and all of those that know him well, think he is a well respectful stallion. She has been friends with Dastan for some time now and both have a crush on one another. He truly cares for her and thinks of her as his pride and joy, some smirk and say it's an act because he knows how to manipulate others.
When Dastan was a colt, he always said please and thank you and looked up towards the adults as great role models. Since he was an only child, he didn't quit learn how to share; so controlling his friends to only play with him instead of other foals was a habit, also not letting other foals near his mother. It was a bit rough for him with equids didn't want be around him for this reason, which is how picked up manipulating them into doing things for him. Most didn't know that it was trickery into getting their attention, so stayed friends with him.
Dastan's fascination for movies began about a year ago when he stumbled upon a "tree cave" (log cabin) he saw moving images inside. He watched and watched for hours, enjoying the stories and remembering them to tell others about. It made him feel special being able to watch and re-tell something that others did not know about or ever heard of.
A few months ago Dastan became a loner. He learned a lot about survival being on his own and not having a herd there for comfort and protection. Seasons had gone by, and he lost his way, hoping, wishing he could see them again. When he finally did make his way back, two new equids had joined the herd. One was a foal, another was a chestnut named Astrid. He immediately acquainted himself with her. Over time Dastan started to feel emotions that he could not explain, but he knew that he always wanted to be around and with her, where ever she went he wanted to follow. Others didn't take liking to this as first, 'snatching up the new comer' they would say, or 'there goes another one of his tricks'; but Dastan did not pay attention to the jealous equids, he realized that the happy, bubbly, calm feelings for Astrid are love.
Keeping secrets is not something that Dastan has always done, but he once learned that privacy is a privilege, not a right. So to protect his right, he stopped telling others about himself so bluntly and went by a 'need to know' basis. This kept him and the ones close to him safer from harms way. As of far, it has worked out well for Dastan, and he probably won't ever change, only open up to those that he can trust.
Poetic Piece:
I wondered too far, too far from home.
I am alone, alone in this dreadful forest.
There is no light to shine upon me,
No path to guide me,
I feel cold, colder than the chilled forsaken mountains; it’s so very cold even my coat cannot beat the ice around my soul.
My hooves ache; I can barely move, they feel brittle as if the durability was made of glass.
What do I do?
Where do I go?
Can I even find home?
I miss them; I miss the others, the way we played in the meadow.
The way we grazed across the grass and gravel,
Hearing the stomping hooves of my herd,
Snuggling with each other at night,
I even missed the times where we would fight.
With the memories in my mind,
I find them to be quite divine.
I found the strength within me to walk again, and even though each step I take feels like walking on pins and needles.
I’ll pick up the pieces of my herd and trundle on,
Onto the path that leads me home.
Slowly walking up the hill, I stop and kneel and begin to feel hopeless,
But as I look down, with open eyes,
I saw my herd and with the strength I had left, I galloped swiftly to them.
I found my family, my herd, my home,
Now I’ll never be alone.
Last edited by Kitsyn on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me