Re: Rise | #0432

Postby alokesti » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:46 am

Username: alokesti
    Cat Name: duckstream
    Clan: rushclan
    Backstory:
    "i said to attack her, duckpaw! i don't see what is so hard to understand about that," a deep, harsh, voice boomed through the ear's of the black and white tom. "b-but she is my sister," duckpaw replied, his words fumbling over his tongue.
    "so?" the cold-hearted cat chuckled, a wicked sounding chuckle. "if you don't attack her, i will," he growled, his dark eyes seemlingly growing darker.
    the frightened black and white tom watched in fear as his so-called leader stalked towards his sister, "no, leafpaw!" his eyes widened as the larger tom raked his sharpened claws over the face of duckpaw's sister. the she-cat held her cheek, her eyes showing pain and fear. what duckpaw witnessed after that will be something he never forgets.
    "you should be the sorry one, duckpaw, after all you did just murder or own sister," duckpaw flinched at the harsh words and stared at his paws until the large tom finally stalked away.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------he ran to leafpaw's side, comforting her, "i'm so sorry i let this happen to you, leafpaw," he stammered, warm [tears falling from his eyes. "be strong enough to get away, duckpaw," leafpaw breathed out. "get away and -never look back, brother," were the final words to escape the she-cat's lips.

that was duckpaw's final straw. the tom gave his sister one last nuzzle before attempting to collect and calm himself. he closed his eyes and released his breath a few times before he finally gathered up the strength he needed to escape this terrible place.
    duckpaw ran, he ran and he never once looked back.

duckpaw felt as if he had been running for days. he only stopped momentarily to catch his breath and to refill his strength by catching some prey.
    on the fifth day the tom cat scented an odd smell, one he could recognize as another cat. out of curiosity the tom followed the scent until her heard the most softest and warmest voice speak up.
    "are you lost, young one?"
    that sentence alone made duckpaw break down. he ran towards the strange she-cat and nuzzled his face into her long and comforting chest fur. even though she did not know him, she still comforted him.
    "tell me your story," she meowed sweetly and duckpaw told her everything through sobs and tears. he was just finishing up telling her everything when they reached a new camp. duckpaw's eyes widen and the only word that came to mind when he saw the camp was....
    home.

Last edited by alokesti on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
alokesti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:24 am

Username:
Cat Name:
Clan:
Backstory:
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady M » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:41 am

Username: Nightfalł
Cat Name: Briartongue
Clan: Whisperclan
Backstory: Briartongue was once a kittypet, but not a pampered kittypet. Not one of those that strut around with studded collars and freshly groomed pelts. He had a home, sort of. He was allowed in the house, but not on any of the furniture, and his bed consisted of a cardboard box. So unless it was extremely cold out, or really bad weather, he preferred to sleep on the moss that grew below the big tree in the back. He was given food, but it was the cheapest cat food that his previous owner could find, and sometimes it got refiled, and sometimes not. So after he was brought home from the shelter he hadn't become fat and lazy like a lot of cats. He taught himself to hunt. He saved the dry food for a time when he really needed food or just couldn't motivate himself to go outside at all. Life was OK though. His owner didn't bother him and he didn't bother his owner. He wasn't taken to the vet more than once every few years. But he was active and strong so he didn't get sick. But he was looking for a better life, maybe more cats in it. The walls around the yard were high and made of stone so he couldn't get up them. But one day a cat managed to get into his yard. It was a black and white cat, with a half black tail. This was of course, Smokebreath. Smokebreath was a great talker, he told the cat of the great wonders of living in a clan. To him, it seemed infinitely better than his life here. So he agreed and left with the cat. On the long walk to a clearing the cat introduced himself. He seemed nice enough. Once they got there he met another black and white cat. This one was introduced as Buzzardstar. After seeing how the two could go hunt whenever they wanted, then go to sleep on soft moss beds under rock overhangs, he knew this life would be much nicer, even without the food and warm home.
x
x
x
Just find a purpose
don't consume,
produce a tune
or something
new
x
x
x
Lady M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JulieMew1010 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:01 am

Username: JulieMew1010
Cat Name: Badgerfall
Clan: BushClan
Backstory: [1113 words]
Twitch was a lonely cat, having been living alone for as long as he could remember. He stalked through the forest, looking for prey when he came upon a surprising scent. ...cat? He recognized with confusion. He hadn’t seen another cat in moons- let alone in this very forest. Twitch decided that it was probably just a kittypet as he continued to stalk. He pricked up his ears and heard a soft chirp- he turned his head around slowly, and got a glimpse of a robin. He smirked and stalked quietly over to it, where it was digging for a worm. He crawled until he was about a tail-length away from it and then pounced, catching it in his claws just as it was about to chirp a warning call. He ended the struggle with a swift killing bite and sat down, beginning to take small, savory bites. He relished the taste and hardly noticed when he heard a loud rustling in the bushes. He immediately stood up, unsheathing his claws, and was ready to fight if he needed to. He was met with a she-cat- he was startled, and sheathed his claws again to try and calm her obviously jumping nerves.
“Who are you?” She asked, looking ready to fight as well. Twitch backed up a few steps and hoped that she wouldn’t suddenly attack him. She seemed like she wanted to compromise- eyes never lie, he thought to himself.
“I’m Twitch,” he replied calmly. “And you?”
“Nettlestar,” she said, a hint of pride in her voice.
“What an odd name,” he grinned, tilting his head a bit to the side.
“You seem to be a Loner,” she meowed, showing no sign of fear.
“And that I am,” he replied. “Wh-”
“I am a part of BushClan,” she meowed cautiously, cutting him off. “Yes, we have weird names. But I assure you that it’s much better than living alone.”
“I think I know what you mean. I’ve heard of forest cats before.” He twitched his whiskers as he studied her. She was well groomed- this brought his attention to his dirty, in some places matted fur. He licked his chest fur in embarassment and looked back up at the Clan cat. “But that doesn’t mean I’m about to leap to join you.”
“I get it,” she sighed. “Just think about it, okay? BushClan doesn’t have many members, and we could use someone to help us start off,” she meowed carefully. It seemed like she was hiding something, but Twitch didn’t say anything about it.
“I will, I suppose,” he sighed. He was about to walk away when he decided that if he ever wanted to talk to this cat again, or see her Clan, he’d have to know their location. “Where is your Clan, by the way? Do you live in a specific location that I could look at sometime?”
“Yes, only a few minutes up that way, in fact,” she nodded in the direction that she had just come, and he frowned a bit. “What’s wrong?”
“I just don’t see how I never noticed,” he replied. He shook his head and then waved his tail, almost like a dismissal. “I suppose I will see you around, then.” The she-cat waved her tail with a genuine smile and padded away into the underbrush. Twitch suddenly had quite a few questions. What is Clan life like? Will I join them? What is it like to be surrounded by a bunch of cats all the time? He shrugged them off and resumed his meal.

Over the course of the last few moons, Twitch and Nettlestar had been talking more often. Twitch wondered if there were other cats taking over her Clan duties while she talked to him- but she made it seem like there was no one else. Maybe there isn’t, he thought to himself. Maybe she wants me to join because she’s the only one, he wondered. But nonetheless, Twitch took a liking to this cat, and they had eventually become friends. Twitch was not surprised to see Nettlestar again on this fateful greenleaf day- however, he was surprised by the wild look on her face. Nettlestar bursted through the underbrush and she had a look of agony on her face, as if she’d just seen a cat die. What if she did? he wondered.

“You must help me,” Nettlestar meowed urgently.
“What’s wrong?” He asked nervously, wondering what could’ve happened.
“There’s a badger attacking the camp!” Nettlestar yowled upsettedly. Twitch frowned and followed when she beckoned him with her tail. They sprinted through the forest as fast as their legs would take them. When they arrived at the camp, Twitch immediately noticed the giant, ugly and lumbering creature that was smashing a bunch of walls and dens. They were all made of gorse, brambles, and thorns, and the beast was crashing through all of them as if they were nothing. Twitch let out a yelp as he watched Nettlestar leap onto the back of the thing, sending it thrashing and snarling at the she-cat. Twitch growled, unsheathing his claws, and he ran up to the badger and swiped ferociously at its muzzle. It looked startled and confused as it continued attempting to throw Nettlestar off its back. Twitch slashed its leg and it rolled, but Nettlestar leaped off of its back before it could crush her. Its stubby legs were bleeding and Nettlestar threw a paw at its muzzle, to which it cried out in pain from the impact. It stumbled to get on its legs and let out a snarl as it rolled over, to which Twitch ran around it and started clawing its backside, he could tell that Nettlestar was attacking its neck as it kept whirling around, trying to decide which cat to attack, it eventually seemed to be too confused and worn-out to continue, and it began to flee. Twitch watched as Nettlestar ran alongside it, swiping and clawing to make sure it fled away from the camp as well as far away from the part of the forest that Twitch occupied. Nettlestar yowled in triumph, as did Twitch as they ran to each other in victory. Nettlestar’s eyes shone with pride as she looked at her new friend. They had come out of the battle nearly unscathed.
“We’re lucky that was a small badger,” Nettlestar commented.
“That was still pretty great, though,” Twitch added as Nettlestar looked around the destroyed camp in despair. He thought for a moment and then decided what he had to do. “I think I’m ready to become a Clan cat.”
Nettlestar turned to him and grinned. “First, you’ll need a suiting name.”
Last edited by JulieMew1010 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jυυleғeмale
sorry i left w/o notice
im very inactive
and starting HS soon!
тeenyιĸeѕ
a cat queen
so basically,,
im not sure what
im doing here
coding is fun tho
and i like drawing
so maybe ill do that
i guess we'll see
lιnĸѕ
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆
⋆ ⋆ ⋆

JulieMew1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meveh » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:30 am

Username: meveh
Cat Name:
Clan:
Backstory:

markinggg

[ meh·vay ]
I used to be PuddingWaffles

| toyhou.se | dA | katkins | ooo |
| one eighty | arcadia |

Interested in commissioning me?
Hit me up on dA,
as I don't do commissions for CS currency ♡
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:11 am

Username: .Lone Wolf.
Cat Name: Crowfrost
Clan: Spiritclan
Backstory:
He was running, lost.. His paw pads bleeding from running high and far. A mountain rises behind him, and the cold snow cooling his aching pads.

wip <33

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER
▬ // OF HIS \\ ▬

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

ImageImage
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tynahi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:52 pm

This will close at 11:59 p.m. tonight [April 11th] Pacific time zone c:
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:53 am

Good luck everyone1
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Stars Clan // Flightrising
i'm dimi., a college
graduate just vibing.
here for stars tbh

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tynahi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 pm

wolf ;; wrote:
    Username: wolf ;;
    Cat Name: Starlingcloud
    Clan: rippleclan
    Backstory: "Ninja? What's going on?" the black and white she-cat nervously gave her littermate a glance, a tom she shared many similarities with. Her brother, who for once looked frightened, said nothing as a shadow cast itself over the two and their other two littermates. Glancing up, the she-cat looked relieved to see that it was her father, Scout...but no...something was different.
    "Dad?"
    The tom didn't pay her any attention, staring at the six moon old kits before he flattened his ears and hissed at them, such a ferocity that Starling had only seen him use towards cats within the ground they resided in.
    "Leave, get out of here!"
    Starling and her littermates were left confused and frightened - leave their home? But why? They had another littermate who was sick - a sister, but surely they could help and not be much burden, right? It was Ninja who spoke up, Starling and the two remaining siblings noticing the fear he held in his voice, as he stared at their father.
    "We can help? Our s-sister is sick, right? We can help h-hunt for her!" Ninja insisted, the tom taking a step towards his father.
    Thats when Scout snapped.

It took some effort to drag Ninja away from their father, the small tom crying out in pain due to the wounds inflicted on his shoulders - surely to leave a mark. Starling had helped carry her brother away from their home, their spitting father and the sadden look of their mother, who didn't want her four healthy kits to be on their own - but they had no choice. Starling stared quietly at her littermates as they traveled down the path that once showed them the way home, a heavy sigh escaping her.
    "Let's get Ninja patched up...we have to leave as soon as possible."

--------------------------------------------------

The four cats traveled far from their home, far from everything they had known. While the four of them knew how to hunt small prey, they only knew the basics - and when it came to it, the prey they caught couldn't sustain all four of them. Tension rose, and even with Ninja's injuries, all four began to fight over who'd get the scraps of food at the end of the day. This caused a great rift between the four littermates. Eventually, Starling and her siblings all decided to split, and be alone. Starling herself was the first to leave, and unlike her littermates, she chose to stay in the mountains they called home.
    And thats where the she-cat stayed for a few moons, improving her hunting skills and making sure to keep herself hidden in the shadows - so cats like her father wouldn't catch her scent. Out of the four that had left, she had remained the closest to home. However, after a few moons she felt as if she no longer belonged to the territory. Reaching the age of one year, she decided to descend more down the mountain, and into the twoleg place she had known the other three headed towards. Perhaps, in the back of the black and white she-cats mind, she wished to join up with her lost littermates once more - surely they could no longer be angered at one another, not after the moons they had spent apart.
    Of course, she also took her time to leave the mountains. A journey that usually would've taken a moon or two, took her around eight moons - she was easily distracted by many things, and kept going off track. But finally, she did manage to make it to the twoleg place. In the end, however, she wishes she hadn't, and that she had instead opted to go around instead of straight through.

The cats were cruel, street cats and kittypets alike - they simply didn't like the fact that a cat from the outside was coming in to make herself at home. She was pushed around relentlessly by the other cats, and usually she would've fled. However, she decided she couldn't run forever, and she stood up to the cats that tried to intimidate her. She fought back - and managed to gain skills from the cats she did stand up to. She got better and better, until eventually other cats no longer bothered her. Almost a year it took, and by the time she had gathered the skills she needed, Starling decided that the twoleg place was no longer suited for her - she needed to leave once more, and find a proper place to settle down. By this point, she had given up on finding her littermates.
    So she left, heading into the forest beyond.

Had she known what was awaiting her, maybe she wouldn't have gone.
    The she-cat, now thirty moons of age, had headed into the forest, disregarding the scent marks of any cat - believing she no longer had to be afraid of other cats. Had she known there were cats patrolling about, maybe she wouldn't have headed in so soon. A Rippleclan patrol found her, consisting of five cats - leaving Starling outnumbered. Reluctantly, the she-cat agreed to go back to the cats camp when they requested her to - as the punishment would be dealt by Dovestar.
    She had calmly headed into the camp, only to be met with a somewhat familiar, but still a strange voice, annoyance lining the cats tone.
    "Why have you come back without any prey? I just sent you out!"
    The she-cat had swerved her green gaze to land on the cat who had spoke, a black and white tom that one of the cats quickly pointed out was the deputy, Rookfang. Everything seemed to freeze. This...this couldn't be.
    Those scars were the same.
    The tom seemed to not recognize her, not until she spoke his rogue name, the one he had as a kit - "Ninja?"

The siblings had been reunited once more.

This was such a hard competition to judge! You guys had such nice forms! Congrats to wolf ;;! I really enjoyed your story and the art piece. I'd also like to give honorable mentions to alokesti and dimi as I really liked the concepts they came up with as well.

Thank you for all of your efforts! I enjoyed reading the forms
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Congrats wolf! Thank you for the HM!