My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Babusagi 008 - Mixed Berry Smoothie

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:42 am

Everyone has about 5 hours to edit their forms!
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hazilnut » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:43 am

Good luck Lady! And good luck to anyone else who might join in the next five hours! This was a really fun contest actually, I've never written so much about berries before!
ImagexImage
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
~link~ Coded by angel ~Link~
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

►►►►►►►Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Heya! I'm hazilnut but you can
call me anything you want! Just
not late to dinner hahahaha

I enjoy jokes, puns, wordplay &
writing of any kind! I'm a mod
over on Create A Clan, which
you should definitely check out
if you like warriors and writing!
Female/Teenager/Christian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hazilnut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:23 am

Judging this was a little difficult, because I thought both entrants had good ideas and reasoning for the babu's favorite berry. As such, I will be awarding an HM to LadyChinaAru!

And the winner is hazilnut!

hazilnut wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

username: hazilnut
pronouns: she/her
name: Beryl
personality: 250/250 Beryl has a natural tendency to be snarky and rude. She never really thought about what she was saying or what she was doing, just did whatever hit her at the time. She wasn't mean spirited or anything, in fact this babusagi genuinely loves other people and is friendly and helpful, but her insensitivity and spontaneity landed her in the bad spot everyone predicted it would and Beryl had to face that living like nothing she did had consequences, well, had some consequences. Now she has become hyper aware of what others perceive her to be, determined to make come across as kind and loving like she always thought she was. The normally fairly lazy babusagi now goes out of her way to help others, forgetting her own needs. She never has a bad thing to say about anyone either! Or rather she does but she does her best to contain herself. But often Beryl will mess up and let something insensitive escape her mouth, and when that happens she might not even notice. When she finally does Beryl will flip out, apologize profusely, and eat way too many lychees. While the 'new' Beryl comes across as likable and a remarkable self improvement- Beryl never gives herself any credit for it. She doesn't think of herself as 'nice' or 'selfless because she thinks she knows the truth; that she’s got a whole lot of hate boiling. Completely ignoring the fact that it takes her to contain it and not lychees.

favorite berry and why: Lychee berries 488/500

When Beryl first had a lychee berry she had recoiled at the taste. Too slimy and chewy and white- like a little white grub poking out of a red chrysalis. Except this berry grub wasn't going to be metamorphosing into anything tastier no matter how much she pushed it around her plate and said, "No! Icky!" Lychee berries were far too sweet to exist naturally and far too sweet for anyone to want to create them as such. So slimy, chewy, disgusting, too sweet little grubs that they were Beryl avoided lychees at all costs for many years, deigning for more mouth-puckering berries like blackberries or even strawberries is you got them early in the season. Beryl had enough sweetness in her life and in herself, she didn't need any more.

Until life soured.

It had been a normal enough day; the sun wasn't obscured by clouds, no ominous winds were blowing, there were no cliche horror movie signs to suggest that that day was going to be a bad one. But a bad one it was. Beyl had arrived at her job, which mostly consisted of pushing papers around for a large advertising firm, early in fact, just because the manager had revealed they were preforming their monthly check which meant promotions! Beryl was looking forward to the potential of an office with a window and a fatter paycheck.

It never even crossed her mind that the check heralded layoffs as well.

Beryl left work three hours early that day, phrases like, "Too abrasive," and "Just not a good fit for the job," swimming in her head. They were bitter, bitter words that she could not shake. But she had a date with her girlfriend that she had been looking forwards too for ages, and at least now with no job she could move back to her hometown and they could spend more time together! But as the hours ticked by and no one showed the day just went further downhill.

I'm sorry. U're just away 2 often, but u're...nice! I'm sure there's lots of girls out there who would love to date u!

Beryl couldn't help but feel like the world was trying to tell her something. '...nice' 'Too abrasive.' Was she really that bad? That sour, that bitter? Maybe all those puckering berries really had affected her. That evening the babusagi dined alone, picking something she hadn't had in ages- lychee berries.

From then on Beryl formed a crippling reliance on the fruit, convinced they were what kept her from lashing out at others, convinced they were all that made her sweet. She never felt right without a tureen full of lychee berries within reach so she could pop one in whenever she felt anger surfacing. The overbearing sweetness had become more tolerable but it still shocked her every time. How could a berry be so sweet? And how could she become like it?

I honestly love how much detail you put into the story, and it's almost endearing that Beryl uses the berries to try and become sweeter. Enjoy her!
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hazilnut » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:27 am

Ahh thank you so much for Beryl! This was a ridiculously fun contest and I enjoyed writing about this cutie~ And congrats on your HM LadyChinaAru!
ImagexImage
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

►►►►►►►Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

over on Create A Clan, which
you should definitely check out
if you like warriors and writing!
Female/Teenager/Christian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hazilnut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyChinaAru » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:10 am

Thank you so much for the HM, now I have 5 HM's so hopefully I can get a custom soon once someone opens their slots! :D and congrats to you hazilnut loved your form :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:D ~Feb: 14 My B-day!~ :D
ImageImageImage Image
LadyChinaAru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hazilnut » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Just going to ask weeping angel to change the boba to lychee berries as we decided before~

proof of orange potion
ImagexImage
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

►►►►►►►Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx