Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kiettas by ShadyBro

Based on Click to view
Artist ShadyBro [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
56 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kiettas

Postby ShadyBro » Sat May 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Should we reopen? Comment on the main thread and let me know!

About Kiettas - Rules - Breeding - Fanclub - Racing Games - Artist Search - Archives

I see you have stumbled upon our little adopt eh? Feel free to look around and perhaps even go home with a Kietta of your own!

For Adoption Artists
Code: Select all
[center][quote][img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Shadepelt13/Welcome%20To%20Kiettas%20Adopts_zpstefmeytz.png[/img]

[size=140][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2690297&p=86280071#p86280071]About Kiettas[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=86280059#p86280059]Rules[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=86280363#p86280363]Breeding[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2690417]Fanclub[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=86284308#p86284308]Racing Games[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2690329]Artist Search[/url][/size]

[size=110][i]I see you have stumbled upon our little adopt eh? Feel free to look around and perhaps even go home with a Kietta of your own![/i][/size][/quote]

[b]
Please mark the main page before entering. [/b]

Put Your Own Words Here

[code][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Racing Name:[/b]
[b]Call Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Speed Stats:[/b] (Randomize 1 - 100)[/code]

End Date: (At Least Two Days)[/center]

For Breeding Artists
[center][quote][img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Shadepelt13/Welcome%20To%20Kiettas%20Adopts_zpstefmeytz.png[/img]

[size=140][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2690297&p=86280071#p86280071]About Kiettas[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=86280059#p86280059]Rules[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=86280363#p86280363]Breeding[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2690417]Fanclub[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=86284308#p86284308]Racing Games[/url]   -   [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2690329]Artist Search[/url][/size]

[size=110][i]I see you have stumbled upon our little adopt eh? Feel free to look around and perhaps even go home with a Kietta of your own![/i][/size][/quote]
        [b][size=85]Breeding For (Name of user who requested the breeding)[/size][/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
        [b]Racing Name:[/b]
        [b]Call Name:[/b]
        [b]Gender:[/b]
        [b]Speed Stats:[/b] (Randomize From Parent's Stats)
        [b]Parents:[/b] [url=parent ones adoption page]parent1racingname[/url] x [url=parent twos adoption page]parent2racingname[/url]

Will Grow On: (Somewhere Around Two Weeks)[/center]
Last edited by ShadyBro on Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:09 am, edited 27 times in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby ShadyBro » Sat May 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Unfortunately rules are a must have part of any organized adoptable. I do so hope you will read and follow these, as they may answer a few of your general questions as well!

1. Be polite to all of your fellow members! Remember that behind each screen name is a living, breathing human with faults and feelings of their own.

2. While you are welcome to be friendly and gift staff, please do not do so as a forum of bribes, because it wont work. Everyone here is fair and will judge based on professional morals.

3. You may adopt one Kietta every other day. This rule is excluded for customs or breedings.

4. Do not ask to become staff. You may however ask questions about when we are hiring next or how to go about such a thing through a PM to me only.

Do not ask to have a custom. These will be granted as race prizes only.

6. You may breed your Kietta twice a month. There will be no exceptions to this, and we ask that you be honest about it as well.

7. A lot of things are unlimited here. You may own as many Kiettas as you can handle, breed each Kietta as many times as you would like, have as many breedings done as you like, and enter as many races as you want. Please do not complain about this, as the Kietless are always put first out of general fairness.

8. Make sure to post art, questions, suggestions, ect. in the fanclub!

9. You must mark the main thread before trying out for any adopts. News will be posted here and if you miss something important you might get a little lost in the clutter.

10. You are more than welcome to ask for a version of your adopted Kietta with a background, transparent, and/or with/without tack.

11. DO NOT throw a little pity party, complain, throw a temper tantrum, or otherwise make others feel bad because you didnt win an adopt. Take this rule seriously because I will ban you in a heart beat.

12. Be careful how you say things so that you dont upset other users. Check if it is helpful, positive, and necessary before saying it.

13. Do not bother artists about posting more often or being more active. We all have lives, and we are all human.

14. Try not to bump adopts to be judged too often. If it has been more than a week past the judge date, message the artist or me.

15. Dont spam adopt threads with questions! Message the artist or a mod.
Last edited by ShadyBro on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:06 am, edited 9 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About Kiettas

Want to learn more about the wonderful little critters called Kiettas? Look no further! All of the information can be found on this post. Something missing that you want to know? Feel free to ask!

So What Are Kiettas Exactly?
Kiettas are adorable little avian dogs! These creatures are mostly canine in build, along with the added bird-related parts and pieces.

What Do They Look Like?
With a sleek canine body and a full array of feather patches and crests, these creatures look like something straight outa the races! Which, they are! With hollow bones and a lightweight system Kiets are made to run like the wind. Typically every Kiet has the siggniture head and rump crest, as well as a fan of feathers on the end of their thin but strong whip-like tail. Their jaws are similar in structure to a rats, with rodent buck teeth and pointed canines on either side. These teeth are made to crunch through bones and other materials with ease. Their claws are also a powerful tool, made retractable like a cats with a hooked tip for grabbing and pulling in prey. They generally have large set eye sockets and slit pupils, as eyesight is their most prominent sense. They almost always have patterns related to various bird species or at least natural colors and patterns from the canine gene pool.

How Big Are They?
Kiets have been described as being the size of a large cinerous vulture. They weigh about fifteen to twenty-five pounds, and are around three feet tall. Because of their long tail, they average a length of six to seven feet.

What Do They Eat?
Kiettas are mainly carnivorous animals, feeding mostly on either small freshly caught prey or rotting meat. They are equally happy scavenging for leftovers as they are catching their own food, but they will not eat any type of avian prey. Their main protein source is bone marrow, and since most birds have hollow bones this makes them inedible to the Kiettas. Kiets have also been know to eat bitter fruits or berries, but never as a main food source.

What Is Their Social Structure Like?
Creating large flocks of up to 50 or more Kiets is usually the norm for this species. They are extreamly social and prefer to live in huge familes, usually led by a single mated alpha pair. Rarely a sibling pair may lead the flock, but these groups are much smaller and less successful.

How Do They Act With Humans?
Oddly enough, Kiettas are actually very tame creatures. Feral Kiets may be a bit skittish at first, but this species's overwhelming amount of curiosity will quickly cause them to investigate humans and even learn and copy their actions! Hand-raised Kietkiets can even be taught to talk if trained from a young age, much like parrots. Even ferals have been known to learn differ and whistles and songs taught by their humans.

How Long Do They Live?
Much like large parrots, Kiettas can live an upwards of hundred years. They reach sexual maturity at the age of one, and will generally begin taking up responsiblities and searching for a partner as young as a few months. A baby Kietkiet will loose its downy feathers after two weeks, and at that time will begin to look more like an adult Kietta should.

How Do They Breed?
A Kietta looking to have young will first start by preparing a nest. These nests are quite large, spanning an estimated range of five feet by five feet square. The nests are place on or around the roots of trees, tucked tightly into and under the roots. A Kiets strong rat-like teeth come quite in handy when gathering pieces for the nest's base, as they are made from various man-made materials such as concrete pieces, sheets of metal, steel beams, and brick. The parent will then prepare a large bundle of softer pieces like yarn, fur, feathers, grasses, and moss. The nest is then 'decorated' with anything shiny the parent can get it's jaws on. It is surmised that Kies do this to ward off predators, as man-made materials are a simple deterrent to cautious wildlife. Once a nest is completed, the two parents will mate by releasing particular pheromones through their saliva. The smaller of the two will then lay the eggs several days later by regurgitating them through a special unisex organ that winds its way around their stomach and up the esophagus. This organ generally lays flat in the Kies body until they are ready to give birth, in which case it swells up uncomfortably, prying the jaws open and refusing the Kie any oxygen until the birth is complete.

Do They Lay Eggs?
Yes! Thick, hardy eggs, about two pounds in weight and about the size of your fist, can be laid by any gender of Kietta due to their interestingly built reproductive system. These eggs are cared for by both parents for about a week, until they hatch. The hatchlings are often known as 'Kietkiets', and still need their parents until they are two too three weeks of age. However they will be unable to hunt on their own until they reach full maturity, about a year old, and therefore rely heavily on the rest of the flock to survive.

Where do they live?
Kiettas are usually nomadic creatures, only settling in one spot to nest and raise their young for a few weeks. The rest of the flock will continue to travel even if a pair in the group is nesting, unless the Alphas are the ones raising their young, in which case the flock will settle down in the surrounding area help care for the Alphas young. Pairs that are separated from the flock due to nesting will eventually make their way back to their flock, or join another if they happen to find one in the area. In most cases the flock does not travel too quickly, only a mile or two per day, and the separated pair will be able to contact the alphas with a loud screeching howl. Kietta flocks have been found all over the world, but are prominently in continents with warmer climates.

What do they sound like?
Kiettas have a wide vocal range and a very distinct body language, much like siberian huskies. They are able to replicate any sound they choose just as many domestic parrots do, and can even be taught to speak by their owners. A mixture of chirps and scratchy yips and whimpers give these creatures a perfect mix of canine and avian tones. When happy, they are known to make light chirps, high pitched wavering yips, and a scratchy crunching sound that signals contentment. When angry or upset they can make a growly screech loud enough to send violent vibrations through the earth. They can also whimper much like dogs, though it tends to have a higher pitched 'coo' undertone. When searching for members of their flock Kiets can create a loud screeching howl which can be heard for over five miles. Kietkiets usually can only create whistle type barks or yips, and adult Kiettas are known to make such sounds during play or when interacting with their young.
Last edited by ShadyBro on Sun May 17, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Splits
Princlings
Ossori

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2690297][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2285131&size=small&format=png&rev=1431162326[/img][/url]
Last edited by ShadyBro on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 13 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Forms - CLOSED

Postby ShadyBro » Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Please post your filled out form to the main thread. CLOSED

GA Artist: CLOSED
Username:
Have you ever been an artist for an adopt before?:
Tell me about one of the rules in your own words:
Examples of your designs:

Archivist: CLOSED
Username:
Have you ever been an archivist before? Link me to those places if yes:
Tell me about one of the rules in your own words:
Is English your first language?:
Do you have basic coding skills? Show me an example if yes:

Moderator: CLOSED
Username:
Have you ever been a mod before?:
Tell me about three of the rules in your own words:
Tell me a bit about your personality:
Last edited by ShadyBro on Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby ShadyBro » Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm

-Reserved-
Last edited by ShadyBro on Sat May 09, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiettas Adoptable!

Postby ShadyBro » Sat May 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Its free to post now c:
┏━━━━━━━━━┓